Subscription box photo sharing

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

Oh, so exciting! They have a nice retail assortment, too. 

Let me check it out...

What a great box! That geranium and white tea mist sounds extra heavenly.

My March Sephora Play Box arrived plus the extra samples from Birchbox came in!

Sephora Play:

IMG_2492.JPG

Spoiler
1.  Replica Beach Walk Sample
2.  Murad Invisiblur
3.  Sephora Blending Sponge
4.  KVD Tattoo Liner
5.  Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil
6.  Fresh Soy Facial Cleanser

Meh, Meh and more meh.  With the exception of the sponge, these are all recycled point perks, promos and samples. 

I really, really wish we would get some first look products or even samples of newer products (Bosica Charcoal Pore Pudding, Sunday Riley Tidal, etc...).  Those of us who shop regularly at Sephora are already super familiar with everything in this box (as well as the other 6 boxes so far).

I feel bad complaining because I know there are so many ladies dying to get off the wait list - if giving up my spot would get one of them in sooner, I'd consider it....(but I believe they are rolling out based on region).

Also, similar to the empty ziplock bag Sephora added to my last order, they also included a little empty sample container in this box - woohoo!:
Spoiler
IMG_2493.JPG

Also, the extra samples promised by my awesome and amazing Birchbox CS rep due to the snafu with my March box actually arrived <3 <3 <3!!!!   They more than took care of me!  #loyalforlife

FullSizeRender(4).jpg

Here is the Target March Box. I did calculations for my blog, the value for this one is about $17.40. This is pretty good for $5, however, I was spoiled by the previous one, it was $7, but the value was over $34.

Still, a pretty great box, excited to try the sleeping mask, grapefruit lotion and other items.

target-beauty-box-march-pictures.jpg

I missed this one again. It was gone before I even got the email.

[ Edited ]

I got my March Birchbox and Walmart Spring 2016 boxes!

Birchbox:

IMG_2470.JPG

Spoiler
1.  Wilma Schumann Skin Care Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads: I am most excited about these!  Cannot wait to try them!

2.  Coola SPF 30 Organic Makeup Setting Spray:  I have never had luck with makeup setting spray (sorry UD!), maybe because I have oily skin and live in a mega-humid sub-tropical climate and I hate Coola - I always have a bad reaction to this stuff.  But I will try this at least once, you never know....

3.  Number 4 Lumiere dhiver Fluoro5 Elixer Restore & Repair Oil:  Very anxious to try this!

4.  TrestiQue Color & Smudge Shadow Crayon in Aspen Pine:  This is not for me - Even with eyeshadow primer, it went on very splotchy and I couldn't achieve the coverage I was aiming for - maybe someone has some tips...

5.  The Balm Stainiac in Beauty Queen:  I detest this and Benetint with a passion.  This has already been added to my niece's pile o' samples.

I must say I had a bad month with Birchbox, but they made it up to me.

I am an ACE, so I chose the Ready for Anything box and a few add-ons during the early access window, however, something went wonky with my account and they didn't bill me until 3/2 (?).  By then, the Ready for Anything box and my add-ons were all sold out. Smiley Sad

I noticed my box didn't look right on my account page on Monday, so I called and they saw what happened and were super apologetic.  Since I told the CS rep I was very unexcited about the contents of this box (other than the Wilma Schumann), she said she'd see if they still had any of the Parlor, Kiehl's and Smashbox samples and send them to me (we'll see if they come in, but she made it up to me in other ways).

The Rosanna mug I tried to add-on was completely oos, but they had the necklace and organizer I tried to order (and I found the Rosanna mug on Amazon for $25).  So, she gave me the BB Plus Add-On price for both items, let me cash in my points, threw in a mystery sample pack (which you can't add when doing BB Plus) and let me pick something extra from the Bonus Shop (brush set)!   I also decided to buy a Smith and Cult Nail polish since the total came to like $14 with my points - yay!   This is why I love Birchbox!

Here are the extra items I ordered from Birchbox:

IMG_2475.JPG

Spoiler
Purchased:
1.  Isaac Jacobs Cosmetic Organizer with Mirror
2.  Loren Hope Gold Triangle Pave Pendant
3.  Smith & Cult Nail Polish in Fauntleroy

GWP:
1.  Birchbox Brush Set (Bonus Shop)
2.  Pixi Tinted Lip Balm (Mystery Sample Pack)
3.  Mally Liquid Blush (Mystery Sample Pack)

I also received my Walmart Beauty Box today:

IMG_2487.JPG

Spoiler

My account indicates I received the WMS C1A (Classic) box:

1. 1.45 oz Colgate Optic White Platinum Toothpaste:  Great size - anxious to try this!

2.  Burt's Bees Renewal Intensive Firming Serum Foil:  I think I've gotten this before, but I like it!

3.  Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Correct and Cover foundation card sample:   Foundation card samples are tough, because they don't usually include enough product to cover my whole face

4.  Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup card sample:  This seems to have decent range of shades, but I'm not sure if it is enough to cover everyone

5.  2 oz Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer with Monoi Oil:  Not a huge fan of this product - I prefer the Neutrogena In-Shower Body Lotion (which I think I discovered in a Walmart Beauty Box), but I love Monoi Oil, so I will try it again.  Also - Great size!

6.  1 oz Banana Boat Sun Comfort SPF 30:  Also a great size which I will throw in my beach bag today!

7.  0.5 oz Aveeno Absolutely Ageless Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30:  Will give this a try during the day!

8.  0.5 oz Aveeno Absolutely Ageless Restorative Night Cream:  Will try this one at bedtime!

9.  1 oz Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser:  I love this stuff - Will save this sample for summer travel

10. 0.08 oz  Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick in Almond Nude:  LOVE!!!!  The color is perfect, given the current nude lip trend and it is super moisturizing.  I also like the scent -can't quite place it, though.  Plus, the full-sized version is 0.11 oz, so this is an awesome size and at $8.49 for full sized, this pretty much makes up the value of the $5 box

11.  Vera Wang Embrace (Rose Buds and Vanilla) Perfume Sample Vial:  This smells great!  I can't catch the vanilla note, but I get the rose and also something citrusy

12.  Olay Regenerist Advanced Anti-Aging Micro-Sculpting Cream foil sample

13.  Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream foil sample

Overall, this is my favorite Walmart Beauty Box! Also, the box itself is super cute.

This Walmart box looks a lot better than the last one I got. Fingers crossed I get this one, but I use my real age, which is now 36.

For the Walmart Box what age group are you in? I'm wondering if different age groups have different boxes. 

There used to be like 4-6 deviations, I think, but I heard they changed it recently (not sure).

I changed my age to 25 on my profile about this time last year because I was unhappy with the older boxes and my teen daughter and I started getting the same boxes.  However, this one is marked as a "classic" box with anti-aging products.  I am very happy with it!

My daughter's box (teen) hasn't arrived yet, but I saw that she will be getting a "trendsetter" box so it should be different.

Thanks! Would you mind posting her box? And is her age range younger than 25? I'm 21

Of course!   I'll post as soon as it comes in - she is in middle school.  Smiley Happy

Thanks!

March IPSY

image.jpeg

My March PSMH and Ipsy arrived!

PopSugar Must Have:

IMG_2446.JPG

Spoiler
1.  Goodie Girl Cookies in Toffee Chaos: Can't wait to try these!
2.  $10 LOLA Gift Card
3.  Hello Extra Whitening Flouride Toothpaste
4.  Govino Carafe and Water Glass Set:  Meh... I have so much Govino from PSMH - I'm burned out.
5.  Miss Ivy Pearl Five-Tassel Necklace:  I LOVE this!  It reminds me a little of those embroidery floss bundles from the craft store, but it is so super cute on!
6.  Pixi by Petra Book of Beauty- Minimal Makeup:  I will try this out tomorrow!
7.  Nanette Lepore Classic Rose Gold Watch:  Very cute!  I love that the band is so neutral so I can wear this with many different outfits

Ipsy:

FullSizeRender(1).jpg

Spoiler
1.  Margaret Dabbs Nail File
2.  Alterna Caviar Miracle Multiplying Volume Mist:  Not a fan of Alterna, but will try this next time I curl my hair
3.  NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in LSCL 11:  Very curious to try this!
4.  Pixi by Petra Blush Duo in Rose Gold:  More Pixi!  I am not sure if I've ever tried this brand, so I'm excited to give it a go!
5.  Manna Kadar Eye Shadow in Fantasy:  So pretty!  I love Manna Kadar!
6.  Bag:  So cute!  I adore the colors!

the Ipsy bag is super cute!

Salivating over those cookies. Please come back with a review!

They are very good and gluten free!  130 calories for 2.

I got the pop sugar box too and the cookies are my favorite thing in the box hahahah they are really delicious!

Just saw this empty ABH palette to try with my Choix samples..best part, it's only $1 like the MUFE ones:

http://www.sephora.com/empty-4-well-refillable-eye-palette-P406575?skuId=1792548

I signed up for the choix box last night. I got the flash sale of 12 months for 120.00.  I sure hope I don't like half the stuff I plan to try. HAHA

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments