Subscription box photo sharing

chupi

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

notcreative

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

(0) Hearts

I love her site and stalk it on the regular. Unfortunately, she has not posted any of the golden ticket mystery boxes yet,  Maybe, Julep has not sent any out yet. 

meagboho

I have in the past, and I thought it was ok.  I think this one is supposed to be the best because there are no dupes.

notcreative

Thanks.  I think I am going to get box 3.  I want to get all 3 of them but do not want to spend an additional $75  $25 is easier to handle.  I just wish I knew what was in each one, so I could pick the one that would suit me best.  

notcreative

[ Edited ]

I was happy with my April boxes overall, but disappointed that all three had black eyeliner (which I am not fond of).  Two of the three were supposed to be colored.

Sample Society

image.jpg

Birchbox

image.jpg

Ipsy

April 2014 Ipsy.jpg

SuzeAlex

(0) Hearts

I was getting those three boxes, plus a Glossybox.  This was my first month w/o Sample Society.  I only had it for a few months, and I disliked every box -- the last straw was them including two Alterna products that were basically the same thing (volumizing goop).

I miss having a forth box though, and I'm trying to decide between Boxycharm and Wantable.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear from you.  

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I have never heard of Boxycharm, but I have been debating back and forth on whether or not I should join Wantable.  Right now, I pay $36.22 for my three boxes.  Wantable cost $36 all by itself, so I do not know if I am ready to double my monthly spend.  Especially since I cannot put myself on a no buy with my regular makeup wants.  Just last night, I was telling my husband I wanted a Wantable.  We never finished the conversation.  If I get it, I will let you know.

I would love to hear about your Glossybox though.  As it has a smaller buy in than the Wantable box, that is my second choice for a new box after Wantable.

SuzeAlex

[ Edited ]

@notcreative

I really like my Glossybox, it is my favorite.  BIrchbox is my least favorite (though I still like it), but combined with Ipsy they make a really good combo.  Glossybox is more high end, and it's a great time to try it if you're interested.  -- This month (they come at the end of the month), they're doing a collaboration with Bergdorf Goodman, one of the items is a $25 gift card to BG, so right there the box is paid for.  They also do periodic special boxes that sell for $40. Of all my subscription boxes, I find that I actually use more products out of it than any of the others.

rikkie

[ Edited ]

I had Wantable for maybe six months last year and the first box was great but went downhill hard afterwards. They claim the retail values for the products inside are ridiculously high, but often if you were to like the product and want to buy more you find it was discontinued long before you received it in your box. It's also a very small number of brands they seem to work with, you see three or four brands giving something in every single box and then one or two will be a brand you haven't seen. I wouldn't recommend them even if they cost half as much, personally. 

Oh yeah, and I love Glossybox. You get more of a mix of skincare and makeup but it's definitely brands that are well known-- Beautyblender, Ciate, Sisley and full sized items or at least generous samples rather than foils like Birchbox.

SuzeAlex

[ Edited ]

@Rikki.  

Thanks that's helpful.  I think I'll go with Boxycharm.

rikkie

(0) Hearts

I hope you'll post about what you get, I've never heard of them but now I'm curious!

notcreative

Thanks, Rikkie.  You've made up my mind.  I will add Glossybox instead of Wantable.  I like that it is cheaper too.

rikkie

I think you'll enjoy Glossybox, I think it's the best value of the different boxes I've tried so far!

gogreyhound

image.jpgI got the latest New Beauty Test Tube! I love it--it's like Christmas when it comes!! I get the one from QVC, it comes 4times a year. This one has: Full-size Dalton highlighter in Champagne, and full-size Mally gloss is Blossom. Deluxe samples of : OH Truth Serum, Wen Smoothing and Glossing Serum in Pomegranate, Algenist Genius, St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse self-tanner, PTR shampoo and conditioner, and Murad Essential-C Cleanser.  They come with a brochure that has description and use, plus a gorgeous, glossy magazine full of all sorts of skin care, treatment, makeup, etc. I have never been disappointed. All for 29.95 plus S&H. Highly recommended. there is one from New Beauty that has different products than the QVC one. :smileyhappy:

rdesigns

[ Edited ]

My April Blush Beauty Box arrived today:

Oscar Blandi Volumizing Dry Shampoo (full-sized)

Jonathan Volume Shampoo (full-sized)

Cult Cosmetics Nail Polish in Boneyards ( .5 oz)

La Bella Donna Duo Lip Crayon (full-sized)

Darphin Stimulskin Plus (5 ml)

Additonal samples of Dermstore Lip Quench, Phillip B Styling Gel, and Whish Hair Inhibiting Swipe

blushboxapril.jpg

serioustree

(0) Hearts

Wow, pretty impressed, how much is this one?

Joannimation

All these pictures are making me want to get a Sample Society box!

Right now, I'm subscribed to Glossybox and Wantables, but I've only gotten the February Wantables box. I used to have Birchbox, but as much as I love their rewards program, I was so tired of getting tea and halitosis-curing crystals in my box in place of something useful.

So far, I'm loving Glossybox. Here's what I got in my March box:

- Alex and Ani Swan Charm Bangle

- Alex and Ani Scent 7 Soap Bar

- Sisley Paris Black Rose Cream Mask

- Nails Inc Nail Polish in Brook Street

- être belle Liplift Peel

- Bamboo Volume Plumping Strand Expand

I love that their box lets me try out different high end brands I would be too skeptical about purchasing on my own.

tessie84

(0) Hearts

I've had Sample Society for two months now and love it. You can always try it since you can cancel at anytime...

tessie84

Just got the April Sample Society box! So awesome!

It includes...

• Tatcha Original Aburatorigami (Full Size)
  • Butter London WINK Eye Pencil in Indigo Punk (Full Size)
  • dermalogica Precleanse Wipes (2 total)
  • H2O Plus Aquafirm Micro-Collagen Moisturizer (with my sensitive skin, this was the one thing that wasn't that exciting)
  • Illume Anemone 2oz. Candle Tin

IMG_20140409_171723.jpg

On a different note, since we are also discussing non-beauty ones, I just wanted to recommend the Graze snack box, which includes 4 small snack packs for $6 a box. It has gotten me eating a lot more dried fruit and nuts, which is much better than chips. The first box is free. You can cancel at anytime, and you can choose to receive a box once or twice a month or even every week. They also will take into account for you food allergies/sensitivities, which is particularly awesome.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

This is similar to my box (which has not arrived yet).  I am not sure if I am getting the candle or the dermalogica packets, because it says it will be the candle, but it has a picture of the dermalogica wipes next to the description.  Hopefully, it arrives soon, so I can see what I get.  I am excited about the tatcha.

tessie84

(0) Hearts

It showed up the same way on my page, so it looks like they just switched the photos accidentally. I'm excited about the Tatcha, too. I had looked at it but had decided that the Boscia sheets were more economical. So, I'm excited that Sample Society forced me to splurge. ;-) 

My dashboard also said I was getting the pink butter London pencil, but I'm actually glad I got the purple. I think it's not as loud against my darker skin tone. Hopefully your box comes soon!

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I ended up getting the Dr Hauschka cleanser instead of the Dermalogica wipes.  My eyeliner is black though.  Purple is my favorite eyeliner color, so I am jealous of yours.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 594 replies
  • 409 hearts
  • 97 in conversation
    • kalex
    • lovinglondon
    • DTalksAll
    • michelleshops
    • killahbabe
    • hydee77