Subscription box photo sharing

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

(0) Hearts

O cool, I hadn't thought of that. wohoo lol

(0) Hearts

Fun! Hopefully you like them all - you should be able to check your box on Birchbox's website now too :smileyhappy: 

[ Edited ]

IMG_3602.jpg

(using my picture from the haul thread because I'm too lazy to take a separate one lmao)

I got my first Ipsy bag! :smileyhappy: The bag is soooo cute, I really like the colors and the design.

• NYX Butter Lipstick in Pops Explosif (I was really looking forward to this the most but I was a little disappointed because I got a color that I don't really see myself using :/ but I guess it doesn't hurt to try!)
  • Coolway Glow Oil Treatment
  • Crown Brush: C224 Oval Concealer
  • Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter
  • Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Duo in Apricot Glow

(0) Hearts

You got the Chella Highlighter!  That seems to be the item everyone wanted this month - please let us know how you like it.  :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

Oh really? Haha, I didn't know that :smileytongue: Is it supposed to be good or something? I've never heard of the brand before!

I got my Ipsy bag today! 

1.  Bag - I think this print is very cute and screams "Spring."

2.  NYX Butter Lipstick in BLS17 - This formula is very moisturizing - I love it.  I wasn't sure about the color at first - it's kind of a caramel pinky nude, but it actually looks nice on.

3.  Skyn Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels - Haven't tried these yet, but I love Skyn, so I look forward to using them.

4.  Milani Color Statement Nail Polish in Peri-Wink - This will be an awesome color for spring!

5.  Boo Boo Cover Up Concealer - Very interesting concept - it's a concealer you can use to cover sores while they are healing and it includes ingredients to promote healing - look forward to trying it next time I get a scrape.

6. Pur~lisse Gentle Soy Milk Cleanser - I dislike Pur~lisse almost as much as I dislike SuperGoop - For some reason I received tons of both brands in various subs last year.  :smileysad:  However, I have never tried Pur~lisse cleanser, so I'll give it a go.

IMG_7738.JPG

(0) Hearts

I like the bag this month, too. :smileyhappy:

I wanted to try that Boo Boo Cover Up! That's twice now Ipsy has sent it out, but I didn't get it. :smileysad:

The bag is super cute! Nice Ipsy haul this month :-)

allure.jpgMy Feb and March box for sample society combined...

(0) Hearts

Looks like you got a way better Cargo color than me. I'm sure some would love mine (bright coral), but it's a nightmare on me.

And I love the Mojito lip balm too! Atm, it's second only to Baum de Rose. ... And maybe Fresh.

(0) Hearts

Nice!  The Malin and Goetz Mojito Lip Balm is so awesome and I really like the Roller Lash mascara so far.  Enjoy!

(0) Hearts

Someone else posted a photo of March 2015 Topbox on facebook, it has a 7ml philosophy hope in a jar, Jurlique rosewater mist 15ml, Medusa's makeup lipgloss and schwarzkopf moisture kick beauty balm 30ml. My box will be arriving on Monday, so excited!

The last time I logged into my Birchbox account I got a pop up for a new membership choice. Upgrade to $30 monthly and you get two full size makeup items or luxury nail item in addition to samples. Has anyone upgraded to this?

I'm a little confused as to why they haven't offered me this option.  I've got an annual subscription, perhaps that's why?

I got the same pop up yesterday, but declined. I already get Glossybox, Julep, Sample Society, and lots of other boxes. So I figured I'd wait to see what others were getting before adding another $20.

I agree!  I'm waiting to see what people get for the extra $ before I take the plunge.

I'm not registered for any other boxes, but that was my thought too before plunking down more money. I kind of hope it stinks so I don't spend more money! lol

I hope it stinks too! The last thing I need to do is add another $20 to my already out of control monthly spending on beauty products!! lol

Next up, my Julep box.  I forgot to mention that this month was my first official month for both boxes (I don't count the first month of starter boxes), which made it extra fun.IMG_0101.JPG

This was a fun box for me since I only had one Julep product to my name prior to joining Maven and also don't have many non-gel polishes in general so it was fun to choose.  I also just got into lipstick after years of wearing only gloss so the launch of the lipsticks was perfect timing.

For my box I chose:

*Light On Your Lips - Tutu

*Light on Your Lips - Primp

*Jahnavi

And for add-ons:

*Ming

*Marcy

*Light on Your Lips - Twirl

I also had a free gift of Spring Break Polish (I think the color is Shawn?) as a promo for this being my first box and a free gift for picking 3 add-ons which is the Orbital Eye Shadow in Terra.  It's also worth noting that because they were backordered on Twirl my box took longer to ship out and shipped with Chit Chat instead of Twirl.  That lipstick was free as an apology and Twirl is coming in a separate package, which I think is a nice way of handling it.

Because I'm new to Julep I'll admit I've been going a bit crazy!  I also got the Metamorphic Top Coat Trio from and O2 Duo from the secret store and have another order arriving today that I made using a 50% coupon.  That order has Nayely (which I debated getting for my box and ultimately regretted not picking up), Rosa, Geena, and Liza as well as a Major Mystery Add-On, a Mystery Add-On Polish and Margot as an add on.

The only downside is all of these new goodies are making me want to change my polish everyday.  So far the only thing I've tried is the O2 base coat, which I really like and one of the Metamorphic Top Coat which I also really love.  I put it over some plain green polish for St. Paddy's day and it makes the look a lot more interesting.

This week was a goldmine of subscription boxes for me because both Birchbox and Julep came this week.  First I'll do Birchbox since that came first.IMG_0099.JPG

I chose the Amika Bombshell Blowout Spray as my sample.  I think I'm the only one who didn't want the It's a 10 sample.  I've tried it and don't love it as much as my existing styling products so I figured I'd go for something new.  Because I'm absolutely in love with my hair care routine I always feel like I end up disappointed when I try anything new so hair samples aren't the most exciting for me.

I also got:

Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo - I'm actually looking forward to this since I've been using a DevaCurl a lot which is so gentle that it seems like a clarifying shampoo might be a good addition to my repertoire.

Number 4 Reconstructing Masque - Less thrilled about this one since my hair is pretty healthy and I love Davines Oi conditioner for hydration but happy to review it for an extra 10 points since it's a 6th item.

Mirenesse Glossy Kiss in Angel Kiss - I listed makeup samples as my favorite thing to receive so I was excited to see not one but two items in the box.  I thought the size was good and the color, while pretty similar to things I already have, is very flattering and wearable.

Harvey Prince Sincerely - Perfume samples are my least favorite since I'm pretty picky about the kinds of scents I like and am more of the type of girl that has one signature scent she wears all the time.  This was so not my scent.

Cover FX Mattifying BB Gel - Curious to try this because I do like the Cover FX brand overall (though I recently had to return one of their foundations because I just couldn't make it work on my skin) and because I'm loving that 2/6 items in my box are makeup.

(0) Hearts

I like the Cover FX BB Gels. I use them as sheer to medium-coverage concealer because they don't cake on like most true concealer products I have tried. I especially like the acne treatment version because it contains salicylic acid as well, which is perfect for covering any new blemishes that pop up while treating them all in one step.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments