Subscription box photo sharing

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

I was really pleasantly stunned when I tried them. I mean, I liked them when I ordered them, but wasn't expecting them to be so fabulous. They'll be especially great for fall. I love fall.

[ Edited ]

I had a Beauty DNA subscription some months ago, but I wasn`t happy with what I got. This month I decided to give them second chance - HUGE MISTAKE. My profile says NO SCRUBS, but guess, what arrived today? Polish with pretty big grains, which is killer for my sensitive skin. I can give to mom or friend, but this is silly, to pay money and then recycle skincare to someone else. No more chances for Beauty DNA Smiley Sad

dna.jpg

(0) Hearts

😞😞😞

Oh, man. I'm sorry to hear that. 'No Scrubs!' is a pretty clear comment. Did you try customer service? That's really just ridiculous. 

I`ll email them tomorrow, really interesting to know, what the gonna say.

It's my lucky day!! Wrote Wal-mart a couple of weeks ago stating that the Coconut Nail Art package in my Trendsetter Beauty Box was open and missing one strip of 6 nails. Within 24 hours, they responded that they would send me another box. I was thinking "one replacement box of the nail art". What did I receive???? Not one, but TWO complete Trendsetter Beauty Boxes!! Three boxes for $5? Not bad at all! (Yes, I did check my credit card to make sure I wasn't charged again for either box). 

I decided to cancel Birchbox and Choix this month. The changes to Birchbox have been on my mind so I looked at previous boxes compared to purchases. Turns out I've only purchased one full sized item I received a sample of. There have only been a handful of samples I didn't like, but with the changes I decided to unsub. I'm really going to miss those plus items though! Choix was great, but I only wanted to try about 3 boxes. I may subscribe again later.

I subscribed a few weeks ago to Vegan Cuts for the monthly and quarterly beauty boxes. Wasn't expecting the first monthly box until next month, but I received the June box today!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That's a nice one! I hear so many great things about Ofra. They all look like great products. Have you tried them? Any favorites?

I've tried the solid perfume and swatched the Ofra lipstick. The perfume is very lovely. I wore it the other day and my partner said I smelled warm. My immediate thought was BO since it's so hot, but he said warm like inviting and having sun on my skin. I've got the blotting papers in my purse, but I keep forgetting to try them out. 

[ Edited ]

I am on the fence with Birchbox and love how you made the cancel decision. I've found quite a few things I love, but I rarely purchase them at Birchbox. I get Whish from Ulta and Egyptian Magic from Beauty online, because I save my Birchbox points for custom boxes. I will probably cancel, but not until I get all of my review points. So, August if I am able to review July on the 10th.

As much as I love Real Chemistry, I cannot bring myself to pay what they charge. I love receiving as many samples of it as possible though.

The luminous peel is the item I purchased! I always used my points and discounts to buy a bottle.

[ Edited ]

That's funny! Points would probably be the only way I'd purchase it. I really love it, but it is so expensive. Those darn limited edition boxes keep me hooked though.

(0) Hearts

I had received the Aqua Reveal Water Peel as a sample in May.  It does the same thing as the Real Chemistry Peel, but you get twice as much for $10 more.

I honestly like it better because it doesn't seem as rough on my skin.

Here's my June Choix box, all Guerlain this time Smiley Happy

image.jpeg

(0) Hearts

Pretty colors! Rouge G is such an amazing lipstick. I'm pretty sure it's my favorite. 

[ Edited ]

I posted this in the hauls thread too, but here is my June Birchbox (minus the necklace and wander eyeshadow, which just happened to also come in the mail today!)

Birchbox etc.JPG

Spoiler
(1) Parlor Shampoo (meh)
(2) Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream - I can always use this to smooth flyaways, and it smells amazing! 
(3) Evologie Intensive Blemish Serum - my skin loves Tea Tree Oil, so this works amazingly well for me. 
(4) Benefit Gimme Brow in #5 - ADORABLE packaging!  I don't usually do my brows, but I love the natural look this product gives me.
(5) Laura Geller Gelato Swirl Illuminator in Gilded Honey - I think my favorite product from Birchbox ever- it is too cute for words, and it looks amazing as a highlight.  

This is probably absolutely the best birchbox I have every gotten!  If all my boxes were this good, I would never even consider cancelling - despite all of the point system madness lately.  However, I looked through all of my box history last night, and the last box I got that I really really loved like this was from April of 2015.  Smiley Sad  Birchbox has until November (when my year-long subscription ends) to wow me.  Fingers crossed that the point changes means more boxes like this one, and fewer perfume / foils / shampoos!    

(0) Hearts

I've almost purchased Gilded Honey more than once. Would have loved to see that in a box. Excellent. 

LE Summer Popsugar Must Have box:

FullSizeRender(14).jpg

Spoiler
1.  Tofino Towel Co.'s "The Chesterman":  LOVE!  This towel is ginormous and I have never had a round beach towel before - Cannot wait to try it over the July 4th weekend!
2. Hat Attack Twisted Stripe Tote:  Love this too!  This is a huge tote - perfect for the beach, pool, farmer's market, whatever <3
3.  Corkcicle Canteen:  I will definitely use this, but I'm not a huge fan of drinking from canteen type bottles because they spill on me - I prefer a straw
4.  Herbivore Botanicals Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist:  Smells lovely
5.  Londontown Lakur Royal Wedding (nail polish):  Lovely coral!
6.  Sugarfina Ice Cream Cones:  Meh - Too marshmallowy for me, but my kids polished off the box pretty quickly Smiley Happy

Overall, I am really happy with the value of this box and will use everything included! Smiley Happy

Here is my lovely 40 lb spokes puppy modeling the comfy towel so you can see how large it is:

IMG_4723.JPG

(0) Hearts

Oooh I actually like everything in this pop sugar box! That herbivore spray I love. And that tote is so cute what!!

(0) Hearts

I love that towel and your dog makes it look extra fabulous.

@Tamara76

I was somewhat disappointed when I saw the spoilers for this box, but now that I have it in hand I absolutely love it. I don't have duplicates of any products like these, and I can use them all. I'm a little nervous about the bag falling apart because of the super thin straps, but we'll see.