Subscription box photo sharing

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

@ragdoll4mom - they only let you pick for a few days at the end of the prior month, so if this is your first month, you won't get to pick a sample, but you will for next month.  Smiley Happy

Thank you.

@Milou07 would you mind sharing the link trick?

@CC3616- of course!  After birchbox . com, type in: me/boxes/women/2017/2

The second to last bit is the year, and the last the month, so you can change it and use it next month too. Smiley Happy 

[ Edited ]

Thanks @Milou07!!! 

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 8.09.57 PM.png

-IIles formula collection plus comb

-Dr. Lipp balm (chose this)

-Loc vibrant matte lipstick in cool red- hopefully it's as pictured, the color looks pretty on the screen.

-Dr. Brandt microdermabrasion

-Beauty protector protect/detangle- meh. I'm not in love with this brand and they keep sending it to me. 

ETA- guess I'm getting 6 this month. Also a Embryolisse 24 hour miracle cream. Any winter skin miracles are welcome here!

[ Edited ]

@CC3616

I actually love the BP protect / detangle.  I don't like any of their other products, but I love that one.  That looks like a great box too!  Smiley Very Happy

Good to know @Milou07! I'll give it a fair shot. I'm happy with the box overall, I'll definitely try everything and that's a win IMO when it comes to subs!

[ Edited ]

I got my Birchbox 2 for 1. The box designs (not shown) are gorgeous!! Buut.. my mystery box  on the right is a bit disappointing. I guess they never promised it would contain the same amount of items as a normal box? I don't quite remember.. I was hoping for your mystery box @mella900! Smiley Very Happy

IMG_1634.JPG

Aw what a bummer! Yea I always assumed the mystery boxes would have atleast 5 items like hte regular boxes too but I guess they don't have details about them anywhere so they can do anything?

I think we got the same exact boxes, except my mystery box had more items (2 tea bags, and a curly hair product). I was disappointed because the lip stain came looking very dry/empty (much more than yours). The wand could not even reach the product. And the hair product was melted into a water consistency, rather then gel (it was unusable).

I contacted them and they are shipping a new box, you should try to, since the box should be a full box.

I am going to give them one more month to try

@iviivi oof.. that sounds terrible.. i messaged them after reading your post and they're sending me a new box too! i thought they were going to tell me that the mystery box had no guarantees, but i'm happy that they're handling it Smiley Very Happy

I am glad to hear they are sending you new boxes!  Birchbox CS is pretty amazing - they have made things right on the very few occasions I've had issues.   The mystery boxes are generally leftover boxes from prior months, so they should always contain at least 5 products.

@whitepolkydots @iviivi

Ipsy posted their Feb bag

ipsy.JPG

I do like the lip charm

Spoiler
ipsy2.JPG

I agree that the lip charm is cute, but I was really hoping for a Valentine theme... @ZombieMetroAnt

I don't think anything can top their black/white pixel envelope, sealed with a red kiss, from last year 😶

Yes!!!!! I love that bag and still use mine!   ❤❤❤

I re subbed to birchbox when they had the 2 for 1. I didn't get the Jan box cause they said they ran out of inventory but, I got my mystery box!

Very hair product heavy but I'm interested in the PHYTO.  The bottle is so nice

IMG_4587.JPG

[ Edited ]

@mella900 those are some nice sized items! are they sending you feb's box instead?

@whitepolkydots yes I'm pretty pleased! Yes they are sending me feb's box instead and I won't be billed for it either!

Hhm, sounds interesting!

disn.JPG

at first glance i thought this would be a disney beauty box

possible themes:

sleeping beauty masks (masks)

mulan-wear makeup (makeup)

aladdin Moisture (moisturizer)

beauty and the beach (hair)

cinder-bella (party ready box - red lips, lashes, etc.)

aaaand i should get back to work now Smiley Tongue