Subscription box photo sharing

chupi

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

kittichick

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

(0) Hearts

Pop Sugar!! I am eyeing that sub. It's a little pricey, though... But I love that bowl! It seems like kind of a weird thing to be obsessed with, but I Just.Love.It. :smileyvery-happy: I also love the scarf  - it's lovely! :smileyhappy:

I do believe I will be getting the exact same Ipsy bag. ... I might be getting the other Bumble 7 Bumble item, though. 

And that's a heckuva Birchbox!! :smileyhappy:

StephaniLynn

That Pop Sugar box is tempting me to re-sub...hmmm...

Tamara76

(0) Hearts

PS has definitely had some misses lately, but the Dec box is awesome!  They have some great deals right now:

1.  If you order by 11:59 PT tonight 12/16), they guarantee 12/23 delivery.

2.  They're offering $10 off a monthly sub with "MUSTHAVE10"

3.  Youu can receive $15 off your first box with "MH15"

I avoided the LE boxes this season, but...

4..  You can use "SPECIAL15" for $15 of the Special Edition box for himor her

5.  You can use "NM20" for $20 off the Nieman's box

myusername

[ Edited ]

Just received my first Canadian Birchbox! I'm pretty pleased with everything, although the $10 Gap GC seems to be missing, and I would have liked to try TheBalm's Stainiac. I'm glad to see more options for us Canadians, as this is much nicer than Ipsy or Topbox imo.

Screen Shot 2014-12-15 at 4.08.55 PM.png

kittichick

(0) Hearts

I'm SO glad you guys can get BB up in Canada now!! :smileyhappy: And that looks like a pretty spiffy first box, too! I'm not typically into a lot of body creams, but I adored that Hello scent. 

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Oh, and I totally agree with you abut Ipsy. SO much nicer. :smileyhappy:

The Gap coupon is only good in-store, I was sorry to find. I currently live in the semi-boonies and don't have one near me, so I won't be using mine. :smileytongue:

lachaton

I received the exact same box contents and I was also missing the $10 for Gap! And I really would have loved to try Stainiac. 

I received my first box from Luxe Box yesterday, too. I think I may prefer that one... but I'm not sure! They do seem like different boxes. 

myusername

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I'm thinking I might just buy it from the Birchbox shop! I really want to try it as well as the mary-lou manizer.

Just googled LuxeBox and that one looks nice too, but I see BeABombshell in their box pic, which is a no go for me.

lachaton

(0) Hearts

There was no BeABombshell products in my box, but I have seen that they use it. Out of curiousity, why don't you like it? I've never tried any of their products!

myusername

(0) Hearts

Very poor quality, often with large glitter chunks, which isn't the most flattering :smileytongue:

Rhiannon1419

(0) Hearts

Is Luxe Box a Canada only thing?

lachaton

Yes, LuxeBox only ships to Canadian addresses right now. This is my first experience with them so I'm not sure if you're missing out on much yet!

I'll post photos of both of my boxes. 

IMG_2951.JPG

My Birchbox - exactly the same as myusername. It costs us $14.95. And I figure the value is likely about double? I wasn't sure about the hairspray since there isn't an amount of product labelled on the bottle. 

I was impressed with Birchbox CS though - I hadn't even noticed that they had *technically* shipped late (originally it sounded like we would get the November box) but they sent me an email pointing out the error and said they had added 100 points to my account. I'm happy with that!

I'm a little bit disappointed by the Lollitint since I don't love Benefit products anymore. And I wish the body cream was a bit bigger since it isn't a large amount and isn't worth very much. And while the eyeliner is kind of boring (more black?) I use a lot of liner, and this one is a nice, deep black.

It's nice that Birchbox customizes samples, so there's a bit more variety. Although I noticed some other samples I would have preferred to have this month! Maybe next time :smileyhappy: 

IMG_2962.JPG

LuxeBox has such nice packaging! The box is so sturdy and the bag is soft and pretty. I also like that LuxeBox is quarterly - I'm undecided how long I'll stay with Birchbox since I'm not convinced I want random makeup samples every month (when I'm paying for them). 

LuxeBox costs me about $27 (total) per box (for an annual subscription). The value of items is higher. I upgraded one of my samples to a full-sized product for an extra $10 so this one cost me $37. I think the value (excluding the eyelash curler) was around $80 when I calculated it. 

IMG_2963.JPG

• Paula's Choice Clinical Treatment KP cloths (10 pack)
  • skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Face Gels for Smile Lines (just 1)
  • mini Profoundly Purple polish from Nicole OPI (it's tiny, but it's neat that this is an upcoming 2015 release)
  • So Susan Flutter mascara (full-sized)
  • Biotherm Aquasource Cocoon (deluxe sample, but a good size)
  • Loose Button Eyelash Curler
  • butter London Ruby Murray Moisture Matte lipstick (this was the sample I upgraded)
  • Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo

So, all in all, not bad boxes. 

Rhiannon1419

(0) Hearts

This is just one Luxe Box? It looks AWESOME! I so wish they would ship to the US.

shadetertiary

image.jpg

Loved my Birchbox this month!

*Davines Hair Plumping spray, with foils of the coordinating shampoo and conditioner

*SeaRx Microdermabrasion Scrub

*Manna Kadar Lip Locked

*English Laundry perfume

*Mirenesse mascara

So far, love the gloss/stain and want to buy the fragrance.  The mascara wand is fun.  The scrub is fine, nothing exciting.  Haven't tried the hair products yet.

I wish all the boxes were this cute!

kittichick

(0) Hearts

I got the exact same box! :smileyvery-happy: And I also loved the sparkly blue box. SO cute! I enjoy that they've been doing  more specially decorated boxes lately. :smileyhappy:

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I was just about to type that you may have a new box sister.  I know I've had the same box as both of you in the past.  It seems like it has been a while since we matched up.

Rhiannon1419

(0) Hearts

Your box is better than my box!

Vaashtii

2014-12-13 14.44.39.jpg

Here is SOME of the stuff from our first three boxes:

Zombie bite tattoos, a print of Walking Dead cartoon, A green Mega Man helmet, a coin from Assassin's Creed, the "grenade" looking thing has legos inside for building something from Halo. An Alien figurine, some money from Firefly, and a magnet from an old video games who's name escapes me at the moment.

2014-12-13 14.46.11.jpg

Here is a Han Solo poster we got in our first box. I want to put it up somewhere but I can't talk my husband into it.

2014-12-13 14.46.56.jpg

This is one of my favorite items so far. How To Survive A Sharknado. It is filled with all kinds of crazy far out there things hat could happen. It's hilarious.

The second tshirt I've received is from the "Battle" themed box and it is one face that is two faces put together. Half ninja and half pirate and it's made with a bunch of words about pirates and ninjas. It's pretty awesome. I don't have a photo of it. But I can take one if you guys want to see it. 

meganlisa

(0) Hearts

What boxes are these? They look amazing!

shadetertiary

(0) Hearts

I love How To Survive A Sharknado!  Some of the beasts they invented are hilarious.

SuzeAlex

My Ipsy bag for December just arrived, and I thought I would post mine since it has two different products from the one posted above.  

My Dec Ipsy bag

Tarte - Lights, Cameras, Lashes Mascara

NYX - Butter Lip Balm - Parfait

Cailyn - Just Mineral Eye Polish in Orchid

Nourish Organic - Renewing Eye Cream

Bumble and bumble - Repair Blow Dry

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 818 replies
  • 607 hearts
  • 117 in conversation