Subscription box photo sharing

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

I'm so glad you got your December bag!  The bag itself is one of my all time favorites!  Enjoy! Smiley Happy

I'm happy, too. This is the second time I haven't received a bag (the first time was totally my fault, I forgot to update my new address in time), and both times they just sent a new bag with the caveat that it wouldn't be tailored to my profile. I have been impressed with their CS and willingness to help.

My January Sephora Play just arrived!  I am super excited about this one because, other than Clinique Black Honey, I actually have not tried any of the other products!

jan play.jpg

Spoiler
1.  Ouai Treatment Masque - Very excited to try this and SOOOOOOOO happy it is not the salt spray! Smiley Wink

2.  Tory Burch Love Relentlessly

3.  Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey - Always a great shade - I used to have to restock this like once a month back in the mid 90's because I wore it every single day! Smiley Happy

4.  Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion Compact - These shades may be a little dark for me, but I am going to try the tan blush later just to see how the formula feels

5.  Tarte Frxxxtion Stick - I have never even heard of this - very interesting concept!

6.  Youth to the People Kale + Spinach + Hyaluronic Acid Age Prevention Cream  - This is the product I am most excited to try - so very intriguing!

Overall I am so happy with this month!  I am very excited to try new products, so this is a huge win!

The only thing I'm not sure of is the pouch, not really my style, but I totally get the theme... May be good for the beach (?)

Back of pouch:
IMG_8347.JPG

I think this is the box I'm getting, as well. I'm a bit bummed because I think the Amore Pacific shades will be too dark (and it looks like a 1 time use?), BUT I'm really excited about the Youth to the People because I was about to order the moisturizer. Now I can try it out before ordering!

@snoflakefaerie This is the box I got. On the list of products and suggested uses, it suggests using the AP as a contour. Smiley Sad

kale & spinach? Smiley Very Happy that's intriguing. makes me want to stop by a sephora to smell it 

@whitepolkydots I actually expected the cream to be more green and smell more like kale and spinach, like a green juice, lol!

The cream is actually white with a very faint green tinge and there is a very faint fresh leafy green scent, but It is not strong to me at all.

I like it - it's also super lightweight.  

Definitely worth a try!  Smiley Happy

lol! i was expecting it to smell like a green juice too Smiley Tongue

If y'all want something very green, you've gotta try this one. I sprayed it on in store, and it was very refreshing...and green.

http://www.sephora.com/hello-fab-vital-greens-face-mist-P415238?keyword=FIRST%20AID%20BEAUTY%20Hello...

That looks really cool - I will definitely check this out next time I'm in store!  Thanks for the tip!  @txcatx

Looks great! I think this is the one I'm getting too Smiley Happy but of course, mine doesn't even show as shipped yet. I'm typically one of the last ones to receive their box!

Looks like Pinrose remains elusive for both of us. I'm getting a different box, but it also includes the Tory Burch!

I have a few Sephora orders coming in this week on which I selected the Pinrose sample - Crossing my fingers that it comes through in at least one of them! Smiley Wink

@txcatx

@Tamara76 What Pinrose are you looking to try?

@Samtian Any of them, lol!   Smiley Happy

@txcatx and I were commenting on another thread that every single time we request Pinrose samples, they sub somerhing else.  I've been curious about this brand for awhile - If they have it in store, I probably just need to go check it out in person.  Smiley Happy

That's so funny. Maybe it depends on the warehouse. Sephora likes sending me Pinrose samples! And I'm getting another in my Play box!

IMG_3543.JPGMy January birchbox. Sunday Riley was my pick. I have already used the beauty protector hair oil, smells so good!

Ohhhhh!  That is a nice box!   I love R+Co!

I haven't tried there brand yet, maybe I will try it today!

My January Ipsy and Birchbox Subs came in today!

Birchbox (Love it!!!!):

birchbox.jpg

Spoiler
1.  Chella Eyebrow Defining Gel - Not a fan, but my daughter loves it, so I am passing it on to her
2.  Sunday Riley Good Genes - YAAAYYYYY!  I LOVE this!!!!  I believe this was my selection for the month
3.  Juliette Has a Gun "MMMM..." - I love Juliette Has a Gun, but am not super thrilled with this fragrance - I think it smells like an art studio - think drying acrylic paint and clay mixed with a little Patchouli - I am not picking up raspberry at all Smiley Sad
4.  PTR Cucumber Gel Mask - YAAAAYYYY!!!! I use this every morning to wake up my skin while I make coffee. Smiley Happy
5.  Arrow Endure Water Reistant Mascara - I think I've tried this before, but will give it another go

Overall, I love this box because it features two of my favorite products and one of my daughter's <3.  I'll use the mascara, so the only bummer was the perfume - oh well...

Also - the box, itself, is super cute!

Ipsy:

ipsy.jpg

Spoiler
1.  Bag - Meh - I love the color, but the texture kind of reminds me of basketball shorts
2.  Pur-Lisse Blue Lotus Seed 5-in-1 Mud Mask and Exfoliator - I am super excited to try this!
3.  Naked Cosmetics Pigment in Desert Sunset - This looks really pretty!
4.  The Balm Bahama Mama Bronzer - I have never actually tried this before, so I am very excited! Smiley Happy
5.  Manna Kadar Paradise Blush - This blush is probably wayyyyy too dark for me, but I really like Manna Kadar, so I will try it.  Smiley Happy
6.  Ciate Gelology Top Coat - Super excited to try this, too!

Overall, I am really happy with this bag!  Hope this is an indication of things to come in 2017!

When I was subbed to birchbox, I felt like more than half the samples I got I wasn't interested in and would end up giving them away. Since then I keep seeing these awesome brands and samples in them! Can't tell if it's just my FOMO or they really did step up their sub box game. Great boxes!