Subscription box photo sharing

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

I love my August Birchbox and am having second thoughts on canceling. At least I have a few more days to decide.

Birchbox August 2016.jpg

(0) Hearts

Ahh I miss Birchbox in Canada. All I had was lame Topbox. They kept missing the items, and they did not even bother responding to ANY of my complaint so cancelled. 

(0) Hearts

That sucks. I saw so many cute Topboxes and always assumed it was a great subscription. 

that's a great box!  Looks like a good mix of products.

That's a good box! And it has oribe! 

After I canceled I was having second thoughts too but then I had to remind myself, I didn't use well over half of the samples they gave me (usually gave them to my friends). I just subscribed to choix to replace birchbox.

I put together gift boxes of samples for friends and family and donate extras, which is the main reason I am thinking of staying. Even with all of that, I seriously have enough, which is the main reason I am thinking of leaving. 

I want to subscribe to Choix, but I fear that could be a disaster. I would probably want to buy all the stuff I sample! 

Oh my I love your Aug box too!  I am happy you love it!!! I chose the curated box because I wanted Patina, I don't own it.  I did like my box as well.  So I am going to give them one more month hahaha.  And you got it with the Oribe (which is a real real good item) and I have been wanting to try more from R+Co, heard good things about it.  Love your box, I'd use every item in it!!!  See they did this on purpose because they knew you wanted to cancel hahahah. 

I was going to buy the curated box separately (mainly for Patina), but I waited to see what color arrived in my regular box first. It is Patina. I'm thrilled, because it is beautiful. I do not buy liquid lipsticks, because my lips are too dry. I love having samples though for the rare occasions when my lips are smooth. 

The Muslin Cloth with the Liz Earle Mask is full-size, too. I was surprised by that, because I've only received minis with samples in the past. I love them, so I purchased a pack of the full-sized ones. 

The Manna Kadar is beautiful, and I cannot wait to play with it!

I am really excited for the dry shampoo. I've never tried anything like it, and I cannot wait to try the Oribe.

You really got a good box. Honestly most of the time I like 3 or 4 items at most.  Rarely I LOVE all 5 and you have all winners!  These are also good known brands.  I was interested in the dry shampoo when I read it, I have never heard of anything like it. 

I am happy you love your box. And I am interested after this month what you will do. 

I am giving them 1 more month even tho I said Aug would be my last haha.

I was set to cancel until I saw it. I really should cancel though, because I have too much stuff. It's been over 2 and a 1/2 years, so I get repeats (I had 3 boxes at one time). None of these samples were in my stash before last night, so I was pleased by that. I will keep you posted. I have until the 31st to decide, but I am not canceling today.

Enjoy your items!  I am overloaded with stuff too.  But I feel like I will miss out or something if I cancel.  But I really should.  Like I said I will see what Sept looks like then make my decision.  Smiley Wink

August Ipsy:

FullSizeRender(11).jpg

Spoiler
1.  Bag:  So cute!!!  I adore the Sugar Highness theme!
2. IT Hair Care 12-In-One Amazing Leave In Treatment:  Haven't tried yet
3.  Beaute Basics 3 Tone Bronzer:  Sooooo Pretty - I love it!
4.  Jelly Pong Pong Neapolitan Palette:  LOVE these colors and the pigmentation is pretty good
5.   It Cosmetics No Tug Waterproof Eyeliner - Nice - nothing super special and not as waterproof as I'd hoped (at least not in this rain!), but nice
6.  Beau Gachis Paris Pro Series Sponge:  Basically a fake beautyblender - Haven't tried it yet, but will try when my current bb dies

Overall, this was a great bag!  Smiley Happy

The bag is beautiful. 

Love the look of that bag.  Super cute!

Ipsy has a NYX liquid highlighter that there's giving out in two shades, Sunbeam (the lightest one) and Gleam (a darker and warmer shade). I'm supposed to be getting one and I was excited to try it, except from the unboxing videos I've watched it seems like Ipsy switched the two up, women with darker skin are getting the lighter one, and lighter skinned women getting the darker one, so I'm a bit worried i'll also get the wrong shade since the darker one is too dark and warm for me to do much of anything with.

I get where the confusion comes from, Gleam does sound like it should be lighter than Sunbeam, it's just a bit annoying that they seem to have not paid attention to detail.

Ah well, if I get the wrong color I can always give it to a friend.

Seems to be the case, I opened my bag yesterday and I had Gleam but have fair skin.

Check your email. I got an email yesterday from Ipsy acknowledging I got the shade sunbeam(the pink light one) and it's not really for my deep skintone. They said I could respond to the email and they'd send me gleam (the golden bronze) or something else of my choosing for free. I'm glad they did this because when I got my Ipsy and saw I got the pink pearl shade I was disappointed. 

(0) Hearts

I haven't gotten the email yet, but it's great that they're acknowledging the mistake. If they don't email me by tomorrow I'll probably shoot them one! 

Julep. Three items I selected plus one add-on. 

image.jpeg

(0) Hearts

Would love to know what you think of that cream blush. 

(0) Hearts

Pretty polishes.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments