Subscription box photo sharing

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

I've tried the solid perfume and swatched the Ofra lipstick. The perfume is very lovely. I wore it the other day and my partner said I smelled warm. My immediate thought was BO since it's so hot, but he said warm like inviting and having sun on my skin. I've got the blotting papers in my purse, but I keep forgetting to try them out. 

[ Edited ]

I am on the fence with Birchbox and love how you made the cancel decision. I've found quite a few things I love, but I rarely purchase them at Birchbox. I get Whish from Ulta and Egyptian Magic from Beauty online, because I save my Birchbox points for custom boxes. I will probably cancel, but not until I get all of my review points. So, August if I am able to review July on the 10th.

As much as I love Real Chemistry, I cannot bring myself to pay what they charge. I love receiving as many samples of it as possible though.

The luminous peel is the item I purchased! I always used my points and discounts to buy a bottle.

[ Edited ]

That's funny! Points would probably be the only way I'd purchase it. I really love it, but it is so expensive. Those darn limited edition boxes keep me hooked though.

(0) Hearts

I had received the Aqua Reveal Water Peel as a sample in May.  It does the same thing as the Real Chemistry Peel, but you get twice as much for $10 more.

I honestly like it better because it doesn't seem as rough on my skin.

Here's my June Choix box, all Guerlain this time Smiley Happy

image.jpeg

(0) Hearts

Pretty colors! Rouge G is such an amazing lipstick. I'm pretty sure it's my favorite. 

[ Edited ]

I posted this in the hauls thread too, but here is my June Birchbox (minus the necklace and wander eyeshadow, which just happened to also come in the mail today!)

Birchbox etc.JPG

Spoiler
(1) Parlor Shampoo (meh)
(2) Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream - I can always use this to smooth flyaways, and it smells amazing! 
(3) Evologie Intensive Blemish Serum - my skin loves Tea Tree Oil, so this works amazingly well for me. 
(4) Benefit Gimme Brow in #5 - ADORABLE packaging!  I don't usually do my brows, but I love the natural look this product gives me.
(5) Laura Geller Gelato Swirl Illuminator in Gilded Honey - I think my favorite product from Birchbox ever- it is too cute for words, and it looks amazing as a highlight.  

This is probably absolutely the best birchbox I have every gotten!  If all my boxes were this good, I would never even consider cancelling - despite all of the point system madness lately.  However, I looked through all of my box history last night, and the last box I got that I really really loved like this was from April of 2015.  Smiley Sad  Birchbox has until November (when my year-long subscription ends) to wow me.  Fingers crossed that the point changes means more boxes like this one, and fewer perfume / foils / shampoos!    

(0) Hearts

I've almost purchased Gilded Honey more than once. Would have loved to see that in a box. Excellent. 

LE Summer Popsugar Must Have box:

FullSizeRender(14).jpg

Spoiler
1.  Tofino Towel Co.'s "The Chesterman":  LOVE!  This towel is ginormous and I have never had a round beach towel before - Cannot wait to try it over the July 4th weekend!
2. Hat Attack Twisted Stripe Tote:  Love this too!  This is a huge tote - perfect for the beach, pool, farmer's market, whatever <3
3.  Corkcicle Canteen:  I will definitely use this, but I'm not a huge fan of drinking from canteen type bottles because they spill on me - I prefer a straw
4.  Herbivore Botanicals Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist:  Smells lovely
5.  Londontown Lakur Royal Wedding (nail polish):  Lovely coral!
6.  Sugarfina Ice Cream Cones:  Meh - Too marshmallowy for me, but my kids polished off the box pretty quickly Smiley Happy

Overall, I am really happy with the value of this box and will use everything included! Smiley Happy

Here is my lovely 40 lb spokes puppy modeling the comfy towel so you can see how large it is:

IMG_4723.JPG

(0) Hearts

Oooh I actually like everything in this pop sugar box! That herbivore spray I love. And that tote is so cute what!!

(0) Hearts

I love that towel and your dog makes it look extra fabulous.

@Tamara76

I was somewhat disappointed when I saw the spoilers for this box, but now that I have it in hand I absolutely love it. I don't have duplicates of any products like these, and I can use them all. I'm a little nervous about the bag falling apart because of the super thin straps, but we'll see.  

@tarantella, same here!   I am really happy with this box!

Good point about the straps on the tote - I tend to overstuff my bags and have had to have a few repaired over the years - We'll just have to be really careful with how much we pack!  Smiley Happy

So cute, your towel tester! Paw of approval!

"Paw of approval" - love! 💗

I love that bag and towel. The products look interesting, too.

[ Edited ]

In case anyone has a tween or younger teen daughter, here is my daughter's June "I B Beautiful" box - you can subscribe with or without a t-shirt each month (we don't get the shirt b/c my daughter has way too much in her closet already)

FullSizeRender(2).jpg

Spoiler
1.  Travel Makeup Wipes
2.  Travel Tissues
3.  Travel Hand Lotion
4.  Adorable Coconut Nail Stickers
5.  Watermelon Lip Gloss
6.  Nail Polish
7.  Travel Lip Balm

*Super cute items!  Wish it had come in prior to our recent vacation Smiley Happy

They usually include a few beauty, bath/body and jewelry items - sometimes they include socks or hair ties - it's a really cute sub and they always include inspirational/body positive messages

image.jpegimage.jpegGot my June Glossybox and play by Sephora boxes last week. Feeling mehh about the glossybox, think I will cancel.

Got home from vacation last night and my neighbor just dropped off my mail, to include 5 sub boxes for June/Summer! Yay!!! Smiley Happy

Ipsy:

FullSizeRender(5).jpg

Closeup of the colors:

IMG_4613.JPG

Spoiler
1. Bag:  So cute!  I've loved the last few bags - keep them coming, Ipsy! Smiley Happy
2.  ColourPop Creme Gel Liner in Swerve - This goes on super smooth - I really like it!
3.  12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment - Haven't tried it yet, but I like to keep products like these in my beach bag for the pool or beach, so I will probably use it tomorrow Smiley Happy
4.  UD Eyeshadow in Fireball:  LOVE! I recently bought the Fireball Highlighter, but thought the eyeshadow would look too red, but I was wrong - the color is really pretty and shimmery.
5.  Seraphine Botanicals Happy Hibiscus Blush:  The packaging is so super cute and I love the color - I feared it would be too dark, but it is perfect!
6.  Liptini Cream Lip Color in Pinktini:  I think I've gotten this in Ipsy before - can't recall - Gave it to my daughter because I do not like applying lipstick/lipgloss with a brush or my fingers

Overall, I am very happy with my bag this month!

Sephora Play:

IMG_4614.JPG

Spoiler
1.  Pouch:  I like these little pouches and hope they continue to have different phrases printed on them Smiley Happy
2.  Tocca Florence Perfume Sample Vial:  I've received samples of this before - It smells nice, but I would prefer it in a candle rather than a perfume
3.  Bumble & Bumble Don't Blow It:  I don't think I have tried this product before, so I am excited to give it a go
4.  Tarteguard SPF 30:  This is a nice sunscreen and I have a few of these in DS size - it will definitely be used and I like how it was included in a summer box Smiley Happy
5.  Becca Backlight Priming Filter:  Can't recall if I have tried this before, but will definitely try it this week
6.  Bareminerals bareSkin Bronzer:  Not a fan of liquid bronzer, but will try this
7.  Benefit They're Real! Mascara:  I have like 20 DS tubes of this stuff - would have loved a nice waterproof mascara for summer, but will use this in time

Popsugar Must Have:

IMG_4609.JPG

Spoiler
1.  Hat Attack Neutral Diamonds Printed Sarong:  I can never figure out how to make a sarong wrap correctly on me, but will probably try to find a tutorial online Smiley Happy
2.  Sisters of Los Angeles "Cheers" Bottle Opener:  I love this!  So cute and also practical!
3.  Wild and Wolf Ridley's Games Room "Who Am I?" Quiz:  We love playing board games/puzzle games in my family, so it will be fun to break this out soon
4.  Knock Knock Are You Ready (for your closeup) Compact:  So cute!
5.  NCLA Born on the 4th Nail Lacquer:  Love this for the 4th of July and I am super excited that they included it in the June box so I can actually use it on the 4th (instead of receiving it after the fact in July) Smiley Happy
6.  Pacifica Underarm Deodorant Wipes:  Never tried something like this, but will give it a whirl
7.  Sriracha Pressels:  Yummy with a nice kick!

Very excited about this box overall! Smiley Happy

Classic Summer Walmart Beauty Box (mine):

FullSizeRender(2).jpg

Spoiler
1.  L'Oreal Smooth Intense Ultimate Straight Shampoo, Conditioner and Pre-Conditioner Foils
2. Caress Body Wash in Mystique Forever 1.8 oz:  I've tried this before and I really like it!
3.  Degree Motion Sense Deodorant 1.6 oz:  This is a good size and is my new favorite deodorant since I had a reaction to my beloved Dove Clinical (it's hot in TX y'all!)
4.  Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer 2 oz.: Not a huge fan of this, but will probably use it  (I am a Vita Liberata girl all the way)
5.  Aveeno Skin Relief Gentle Scent Lotion 1 oz
6.  Tom's Rapid Relief Sensitive Toothpaste .75 oz:  I am not a huge Tom's fan, but haven't tried this one yet, so I'll give it a go
7.  Swisspers Blotting Paper:  Yes!  I can always use more of these!

Overall, I am really happy with this box - especially given the $5 price tag!  Lots of good sized products and not a bunch of coupons or foils!

Trendsetter Summer Walmart Beauty Box (my daughter's):

FullSizeRender(3).jpg

Spoiler
1.  Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Diamond Color & Radiance Shampoo 1.7 oz
2.  Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Diamond Color & Radiance Conditioner 1.7 oz
3.  Vaseline Intensive Care Advanced Repair Lotion 2 oz
4.  Lady Gaga Fame Black Fluid Perfume Sample Vial (She may have received this before - I can't recall)
5.  St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub 1 oz - This was my go-to scrub for many years - great product!
6.  Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant Clean & Fress Toothpaste 0.9 oz
7.  Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs in Medium 0.75 oz
8.  Incoco Coconut Nail Art Strips

We were also very impressed with the value in this box - so many nice sized products for just $5!

(0) Hearts

My Walmart box was very similar to your daughter's.

The only difference is I got Goody Hair ties in place of the St Ives Scrub, which is probably because they've send me the scrub in a past box. 

I also got two foils. It is the first time I remember getting bonus foils with a bunch of products. Usually, I get foils when others have more deluxe samples than I have.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments