Subscription box photo sharing

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

Totally.  Seems like a massive fail on their part.  I thought about getting it and then totally forgot.  I would have been really bummed.

Yes I think it was a huge fail. They could have sent out an email so people knew they weren't getting the box!

[ Edited ]

My much-anticipated first Choix box arrived today...

IMG_5729.JPG

*sad trombone noise*

The Kevyn Aucoin sculpting powder exploded over everything. I've emailed them and I'm curious to see how they'll respond. The Hourglass powder was mostly unscathed as was the potted item, but the two end items are pretty bad, especially the lipstick on the right end (I swiped my finger across it as I couldn't even tell it was a lipstick with the heavy coating of powder on top). 

L->R for those interested

Tom Ford Cheek Color - Ravish

Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder - Iridescent Light

Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder - KAB Medium

Tom Ford Lip Color Matte - Velvet Violet

At top:

Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer - SX6

(0) Hearts

I came here to rave about sochoix's customer service and saw your post. They really are superior in the CS department!  I've had to contact them a few times and always receive a quick and polite response. 

Glad ad they are sending you your picks again with some goodies!

OK - I am SUPER impressed. I received a response in less than 20 minutes from my original email saying they were resending the four items plus "some extra goodies."

That is awesome.  Great CS!

It was! As an update, I got the replacements on Friday. They packaged the Kevyn Aucoin item in a separate plastic clamshell container apart from the other three items. Everything came intact and I really appreciated the thought that went into the packaging - it was clear that there was communication between their CS team and the shipping people.

They sent a little sachet which contained three foils (Chanel foundation, Kiehl's masque, and something else, blanking on what it was) and a sample vial of MMM Replica Beach Walk. I was very happy with their service!

That's great! I've been really impressed with their customer service, so fast, even on weekends.

Ugh, what a bummer!  Did your little pans have clear circle stickers over them?  I'm almost positive each of my individual pans were protected from each other with stickers.

[ Edited ]

Yeah, you can see them in the lid at the top of the photo, unfortunately I guess they weren't stuck on very well - it seems like the sticker over the Hourglass strobing powder mostly did its job (I think its the one at the bottom left in the lid) - there are just a few flecks in there, but the other two are absolutely coated. I was so confused when I opened the box because I just saw brown in 3/4 of the slots and I knew that I had a purple lipstick, bright blush, etc.

Here is what it looked like when I opened the box (sorry for the sideways pic):

IMG_5728.JPG

(0) Hearts

Ahh, yes, I see the stickers now.  Wow, I'm really surprised they put the lipstick in the same holder as the powders.  I believe I've seen them separate those out in other boxes.  I hope it gets resolved for you!!  Smiley Happy

Spoilers for the May Target Beauty Box are up on MySubscriptionAddiction. No verified availability date, but the guess is Monday.

Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 8.26.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 8.26.48 AM.png

I have the La Laque lipstick and that alone is worth the price of admission! I also love CeraVe. I'm afraid of Burts Bees because I'm allergic to anything with beeswax and I don't know what the oil is made of. Nice box!

Burt's loves its bees. They probably have them buzzing all over their offices and facilities. I would steer clear. 

Hmmm. This looks good as a box, but I may pass anyway. I already have too many cleanser and moisturizer DSes waiting for me to try them, and I don't really do self-tanning.

(0) Hearts

I'm in the exact same boat. Yet, I'm getting kind of sucked in by all the firming and revitalizing promises being made on the labels...

Just got my first Choix box today. Is anyone having the problem of foundation coming in gloss pens and leaking? I thought the foundations are going to come in pumps? Also I wonder the amount of the product samples we're supposed to get. My Tom Ford foundation sample size was half of my Cle de Peau foundation sample. The Tom Ford foundation retails for $80 and the CDP retails for $120. So weird I don't think I can get up to three uses of the TF foundation sample, it is so small!

(0) Hearts

I haven't had any problems with leaking, but it's interesting if they are moving away from using the pump.  I had a lot of issues with the pump, namely air pockets that render the pump useless and make it messy to open.

I was tempted to ask for jars-only for any products that would utilize a pump or pen because I don't like wasting product.  Scooping it out of a jar ensures you get every drop.  Smiley Happy

I got a Cle de Peau foundation sample in March and it came in a pump. 

Don't forget that if you are a Birchbox Ace, you can choose your May sample today.  (And if you aren't, sample choice is tomorrow.). Smiley Happy

image.jpeg

[ Edited ]

Birchbox

Birchbox April 2016 5.jpg

and once they replaced my blush and I cleaned the other items as best I could.

Birchbox April 2016 .jpg

Nerd Block Jr (for boys)

Nerdblock April 2016 7.jpg

Julep

Julep April 2016.jpg

Birchbox Man

Birchbox Man April 2016 3.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments