Subscription box photo sharing

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

January's GlossyBox, Boxycharm and Ipsy

image.jpg

Usually I forbid myself to shop the Julep secret store, but I was running low on basics like base coat and files, so I went for it. Also, there was a pretty sweet mystery promo. The regular Maven box stuff is on top, my store buy and freebies on the bottom (the four polishes facing the other direction were the gifts)

Screen Shot 2015-01-17 at 12.03.04 PM.png

And Birchbox and Ipsy

Screen Shot 2015-01-17 at 12.03.41 PM.png

I already have 3 of the 5 products in the Ipsy bag, and I got them from other sub boxes. That's probably a sign that it's time to pare down the monthlies.

I was checking out Walmart's site for the beauty box and didn't find it. But I found this instead

Walmart Baby Box.PNG

I know it's not beauty ralated but it's a BABY BOX. How cute is that?

(0) Hearts

They are going to have an infant and toddler box coming soon, sounds good to me.

Glad I posted this. I hesitated alot but just did it anyways. Happy it DID help.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I just did a Google search for this.  It looks free (with $5 shipping) for pregnant women.  I am posting this on my website (giving you credit, of course) as that's fantastic.  I also texted my sister-in-law.  If she signs up, I will ask her to text me pictures of what is included for my site.  Thanks for sharing.

Great! Would love to see your website, please PM me the link. Thanks.

I heard of this, but I haven't gone out of my way to try it out! I am not sure I'd get use out of the items in the baby box, though, since I plan to try breastfeeding and making my own baby food at 6+ months. I know plenty of other ladies that do take advantage of this, though!

(0) Hearts

OMG that is sooo adorable. I love baby stuff. Two BTers (that I know of) are pregnant. I hope they see this post!  Also, it is hard to find the Walmart box. Let me look around and I'll PM you if I find the link.

(0) Hearts

Thank you.

[ Edited ]

I upgraded my Julep a bit.  It came in the biggest Julep box I've ever seen.  The Julep box inside the large box is already one of the bigger ones for size perspective.

Julep Big Box January 2015.jpg

Julep January 2015 mini box.jpg

Julep January 2015.jpg

Julep The Royals.jpg

Julep Dashing Minis.jpg

The items included removed to show colors.

Julep January 2015 pre upgrades.jpg

Aaaaand now I want some Junior Mints.

I will probably never eat mine.  If it did not cost more than they're worth to ship them to you, I would.

Love! Please let me know what you think about the lipsticks. I've had them in my cart on more than one occasion and have yet to pull the trigger. 

[ Edited ]

I still have not worn them, but I pushed aside my OCD about not opening new products until I am ready to wear them aside.  The swatches are nice for my website.  This is the first time I have EVER done this, and I pray I have the courage to do it again.  In the back of my mind, I am thinking why am I starting the expiration countdown on these things.  What if it is months or longer before I use them?  My mind is racing a million miles per second.  Anyway, here are the swatches.  They're kind of sheer.  I will still let you know how they wear.

Julep Wink, Jinx, and Belle.jpg

I just checked out your website today...  it's really great.  I hope you continue to post, because I enjoy your writing :smileywink:

[ Edited ]

I will probably post here a little less, especially in the beginning because the formatting is a lot of work.  Setting up the promos and link page is killing me in time spent.  I like the idea of one page rather than a separate page per day burying the deals as another popular site does.  When it is all done, I hope it will be more user friendly.  We'll see.  

I am never going away though, because I love it here.  

Thanks for checking it out.  If you have any thoughts, I would love to read them.

Also, thanks for pushing your OCD aside! You didn't have to do that! :smileyhappy: 

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

My favorite sites have product models and swatches.  If I did not put them up on mine, I would not even want to read my own.  It had to be done.  This may all just be an excuse for me to start wearing makeup more often, so nothing expires before I can wear it.

Wow. Those are WAY more sheer than I had expected. 

(0) Hearts

Same here.  I even looked at the box to see if they were balms I mistook for lipsticks.  They're lipsticks though.  I was a little disappointed.  When I finally wear them, I hope I overcome my disappointment, because I do not return anything and will force myself to keep them.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments