Subscription box photo sharing

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

(0) Hearts

This was a good month, I thought!  Those pasta chips are seriously delicious.

(0) Hearts

omg yes! I just finished eating those pasta chips and they were so good....luckily there's a coupon in here for them :smileyvery-happy:

(0) Hearts

Does anyone on BT subscribe to Fabletics?  I was thinking of subscribing but admittedly am cheap with the workout gear I purchase.  I see that the box gives you a great deal on the gear, so I think it would be a good way to raise the quality of my workout gear for a decent price.  Would love to hear thoughts on quality versus cost.  Thanks!

I think one of my big curiosities would be how things hold up over time.  With the exception of my scooba sweatshirt (had some fraying on the wrist cuffs), I've been really really impressed with how my lululemon stuff has held up over time.  Mine have gotten worn pretty frequently and washed a lot (including by the staff at my gym who I don't imagine are particularly gentle) and they still look great.

I got the intro deal. I liked the workout tank top I got. Pretty decent nothing special. The leggings I got (I think they are called the Salar leggings) are not that great which is unfortunate cause I really love the print. I already had to exchange up a size and even they are a little too tight and not very stretchy so I felt like the measurements on the website were off...I originally ordered a small and exchanged to a medium. I cannot use them for yoga because they aren't stretchy/flexible (or however you describe it) enough. I don't like running in them but they do the job. I really only use them if I am lifting weights or maybe walking on the treadmill. 

I skipped every month since the introductory offer. I only wonder if I tried a different outfit (mainly the bottoms were what I didn't like) if I would have liked Fabletics more. I wear Lucy, Zella and Lululemon and I prefer to stick to those brands for my workout bottoms. I know what works for me from each of those lines so I don't have a problem paying more for something I really enjoy. 

It wasn't hard to call and cancel, the reps are just instructed to really give you one last pitch (are you sure?you will lose your VIP pricing!, etc) to try and get you to stay. Just be firm about cancelling and why it didn't workout. 

I have a subscription to Fabletics Canada. I'm fairly impressed with the quality of the clothing - I have some lululemon clothing to compare it to, and I'd say they're almost on par, considering the substantial price difference. I admit, that I've skipped a lot of months on Fabletics though. 

I haven't tried to cancel my subscription, and I've heard that's where some of the biggest issues are. I do think the the first month is a good deal. I haven't tried enough products to say whether or not the products are, in general, great performance gear. 

(0) Hearts

Thanks.  I will mull it over a little more, but I really appreciate the info.  It is nice that you can skip months.

I'm letting Lip Monthly go.  It is only $10 but the last two bags have been real disappointments.  Especially when I've gotten a repeat of a gloss which I received from another subscription box AND hated (Cargo Anguilla) and repeats of brow liners that I've already accumulated several of from subscription boxes (Ofra).  I'd rather put that $10 to better use.

(0) Hearts

My Spring Fab Fit Fun Box came in!  I used the Rue La La Code to save a few $ (I think) and add on the Fruit Infuser water bottle and Jessie Steele Apron for free.

IMG_7954.JPG

• Jules Scarf in Modern Art Print:  This is what hooked me into this FFF box - I totally passed on the Winter box, but really wanted this scarf.  I had seen reviews so I knew it would be skinnier than most scarves, but I really love the colors!
  • Palmetto Derma Collagen Booster and Restoration Serum: I am very anxious to try this!
  • Merrithew 3 DVD Intense Body Blast Pilates:  I NEED to try this - I've got to tone up for summer!  :smileyhappy:
  • Orly Nail BB Creme:  Interested to try this
  • Orly Nail Polish in Cake Pop:  Nice spring color!
  • Yasi Metallic Flsh Tattoos:  I've received these before and like those, these went straight to my daughter b/c I don't think I can pull them off...
  • Rifle Paper Co. Cities Coasters Set:   I love, love, love Rifle Paper Co.!!!!  They also included a 25% off coupon
  • OFRA Cosmetics Eyeshadow Brush Duo (#11 and #20):  I love makeup brushes and these seem to be really nice quality - PLUS you can use code FABFITFUN40 for 40% off on your first order through 8-1-15
  • Sprout It App Card + Miracle Grow Gro-Able Seed Pod - Basil:  My husband loves gardening, so he has already claimed this!
  • Cosmos Creations Premium Puffed Corn:  I was afraid this would taste like Honey Smacks (which I can't stand!), but OMG, was it delicious!!!!!  The texture was awesome, too!  My daughter and I devoured these pretty quickly!
  • Fruit Infusion Water Bottle:  This hasn't gotten great reviews, but I can always use another water bottle
  • Jessie Steele Apron in Brown with White Polka Dots: I already planned for this to go in my sister's birthday gift (unless I got the pink and gold one - then all bets would have been off!)
  • Vow to be Chic Gift Card for $125 (dress rental)
  • Hello Fresh $40 off for first week of delivery

In all, this was a great box and definitely worth the value.  I loved the Fall 2014box so much, but wasn't at all interested in Winter 2014.  I'll probably cancel and wait for spoilers or coupons when the summer box comes out.

So I'll also share my favorite foodie subscription box: Hamptons Lane! This month's theme was Taco Party and included a bag of both blue and white corn masa harina to make tortillas from scratch! A cast iron tortilla press (worth $30 alone!) a margarita salt blend, fajita seasoning and a jar of tomatillo salsa! I'm trying everything out this weekend when I have friends over!! I LOVE this subscription box! 

IMAG2348.jpg

(0) Hearts

Guh. I have been in love with many of their past boxes and have been waiting for a month I really like to finally subscribe. Also, I am trepidatious as my bf does all the cooking and he is crazy picky about, well everything, but especially anything related to food. 

(0) Hearts

This is awesome!

(0) Hearts

I need to check this out!  Tell me more!

It's a subscription box for foodies. For $47/mo you receive a selection of gourmet foods and other culinary items based on a specific theme. I have to say, every single box that I've received had items that far out-value the price of the membership. If you're a foodie or love to cook at home it's definitely worth it. March's box was a "Pasta Box" and it included everything you need to make your own artisan pastas from scratch! You also get a preview of the box way in advance so you have time to decide whether you wanna opt-out or not. I think I've only skipped one box since being a member. But I'm 11 boxes in with HL and I have no plans on cancelling my membership any time soon! For anyone ever interested in joining send me a private message and I'll give you a referral code to get $10 off your first box. 

(0) Hearts

That looks fun!  Never heard of this box before :smileyhappy:

My Birchbox came in today! I think I got the exact same box as a few of you - not super impressive, but not totally bad, either.

IMG_7937.JPG

IMG_7938.JPG

• The box itself is so gorgeous!  I absolutely adore Rifle Paper Co.!!!!! I was tempted to go for the CA Mad Men box, but I wanted the Rifle Paper box!  I am kicking myself for not acting faster on the Birchbox Plus Rifle Paper Co. tumbler and notebook set!
  • I will try the Beaver Professional Shampoo and Conditioner, but I'm fully stocked on hair products, so I don't really need anything new.
  • The La Fresh wipes will be nice to try this summer for a quick refresh at the beach or pool
  • I love Harvey Prince Hello and will enjoy using the body butter
  • I'm pretty disappointed with the size of the Jane Iredale - Also, there doesn't seem to be any tint to it - it seems like just a lip balm to me.

Here's a comparison of the Jane Iredale with some other mini perks and GWPs - It's very cute, but so, so tiny!

IMG_7939.JPG

I am not super impressed with any of the May sample choices - I might just let BB surprise me.

(0) Hearts

I also received this pathetic excuse of a box.  Sorry for the oncoming rant, but I need to express this somewhere where others will understand.  I get that Birchbox is a sampling service and I'm not going to like everything they send me.  I've been a member for three years now with just a couple short breaks when I needed time to use up samples.  I have loved this company,  but this box has really ticked me off.

The box is underwhelming overall, from the tiny, useless Jane Iredale sample that I sadly requested, to the tiny body butter in the scent I've disliked since I first received it as a perfume sample.  So annoying that they keep forcing the same scents on us over and over.  The item I'm most excited about is the body wipes - that's pretty sad.  But it's the Beaver products that have really angered me.  

I tried to be open minded and ignore the name.  So I tried the products out this evening.  The scent reminds me of the Finesse haircare products my parents bought for me as a child during the early 90's and the quality is no better.  I have fine hair that doesn't need much moisture, but this stuff left my hair feeling stripped and uncomfortable.   I googled the company afterwards and do not like the little information I found.  They have very little online presence other than their own website which looks very sketchy.  I'll normally use shampoo/condition samples until they're gone, but these went straight into the trash.

I'm not normally one to get this irritated with my Birchbox, but this has really gotten me riled up.  I don't know if I want to write an email of complaint, unsubscribe or both.  I normally look forward to my box and I love the point system, but come on!  I'm insulted.

Also, it's kind of funny how many of us got the same box.  I normally see such a huge variety from Birchbox on this page!

The Rifle Paper Co. box is what kept me from doing the Mad Men box too!  I wanted the gorgeous box pattern :smileyvery-happy:

May's sample choices are a total bust.  The only product in there I haven't already sampled is the Harvey Prince spray, and since I'm not a big fan of Hello I don't really want to go for it.  The featured box doesn't seem great either...

Lately, I have wanted a sample choice and a curated box.  I really wanted the Mad Men New York box and the Rifle Paper Company box, so I finally gave in and opened a second Birchbox account.  That, and each account only being able to use a promo code once was annoyingly limiting.  I received my Mad Men box, but my Rifle Paper box has not arrived yet.  I like all 5 items in the Mad Men box and am looking forward to 4 of the items coming in the Rifle box.  

Just saw the sneak peek for May, and I either already have or am uninterested to try anything.  Totally not needing two boxes in May. 

Too bad you can't skip a month with Birchbox - I'd be all for saving my subscription for a better month!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments