Subscription box photo sharing

chupi

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

TheSocialQuota

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

(0) Hearts

I love my Juice Beauty blemish wash since it is so mild (no clue if it does anything for my acne) but effective. I'm very curious about the peel, and would appreciate to know both notcreative's and dolceloure's thoughts when you try it.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I will let you know.  It may be a while before I try mine.  I have too many masks open at the moment.  They start expiring once they're opened, and I need to use them all up before they go bad.

SuzeAlex

[ Edited ]

I got my Ipsy bag yesterday, and I'm actually quite pleased with it.  Except for the eyeliner (and bag, of course), it's completely different from Rhiannon1419's.

Laura Mercier Universal Invisible Setting Powder and mini fan brush

Elizabeth Mott You're So Fine waterproof eyeliner in Glitterati

J. Cat Wonder Lip Paint in a gorgeous shimmery pink - Mad Splatter

Marc Anthony Hair Spray

Be a Bombshell eye base in Submissive

Ipsy November 2014

Rhiannon1419

(0) Hearts

Your bag is WAY better than mine!

ballerinagrl

(0) Hearts

This is a nice selection of products: I'm especially liking the LM Setting Powder, the Lip Paint, and the cute eye base :smileyhappy:

SuzeAlex

(0) Hearts

The link in my Ipsy Glam Room to buy the Laura Mercier leads not to lauramercierDOTcom, but to Sephora.  I wonder if this means we'll see more brands we're familiar with in the bag?

michelleshops

(0) Hearts

I love the bag! <hangs head in shame>.  I sometimes think of signing up so I can get a little bag but some of them are less than cute.  I have issues.  The contents look great too!

Rhiannon1419

November 2014 Ipsy Bag. This month's theme is "Girl Meets Glitter". I've been subscribing to Ipsy for A WHILE now and I feel like their products are getting cheaper and cheaper every month. It may be time to unsubscribe, I don't know yet. I was really happy with last month's bag. In terms of size alone, this bag is great. Three of the five products are full size and the perfume oil and highlighter are decent size (both could potentially last a long time). The quality of the products is a different story.

I got:

image.jpg

* Full size Nicole by OPI nail polish in Guys & Galaxies - Just your typical silver/holographic glitter nail polish with both chunky and micro glitter. I will probably gift this as I have 1,000 silver glitter nail polishes.

* Demeter Roll On Perfume Oil in Pixie Dust (.29 fl oz). The first things that came to mind when I smelled this; cheap and cotton candy. The smell is SO sweet, UNBEARABLY sweet. I will not be using this and I feel like a 5 year old girl would appreciate this so much more than me. 

* Temptu Liquid Highlighter in Pink Pearl - This is SO pretty in the bottle and I really had high hopes for it. When I swatched it on my hand it almost disappeared - just left a shiny (not shimmery, not pearlescent) "wet spot" on my hand. The bottle is SUPER tiny (.1 fl oz) but the product is very runny so the small bottle could potentially last a long time.

* Full size Elizabeth Mott You're So Fine Liquid Eyeliner in Glitterati - Black liquid eyeliner with chunky and micro silver glitter. Initially, I didn't think I was going to like this. I don't like the applicator/brush and the black color is thin and watery - not totally opaque. But when it dried down I could see the sparkles in the light and they were beautiful! According to the Elizabeth Mott website, this is an $18.00 eyeliner. I would never pay $18.00 for this product and I may or may not end up using it. I don't love it but it's not terrible either. The jury is still out.

* Full size LA Colors Chunky Lip Pencil in Wine - I was super disappointed when I pulled this out of the bag. I can get LA Colors at any Wal-Mart or dollar store. Part of the reason I subscribed to Ipsy was to try out new (preferably higher end) brands that I'd never used and/or heard of. The lip pencil was the first thing I pulled out of my bag and I thought it would be the worst part of the bag - but sadly it ended up being the best. I actually love the color and it looks way better on me than I thought it would. 

* And finally, the cosmetic bag - Straight up silver glitter with a pink zipper. It's cute and all, but I think it looks kind of childish - the bag as a whole just sems childish to me. 

MarciaBrady

Demeter fragrances are so hit or miss. I love their directly from nature ones like Dirt and Tomato, but some of the concept ones don't smell anything like what they're said to or even like something a person should wear. I'd say just give the Pixie Dust to the first kid you see at the mall, but these days doing that could get you arrested. Hopefully you know a little person you can unload it on. :smileyvery-happy:

ballerinagrl

(0) Hearts

Now this is the sort of box my teenage daughter's would absolutely LOVE! :smileyhappy: They'd fight over the nail polish, and pixie dust though! :smileywink:

kittichick

November Sample Society. I don't mean to be a complainy pants, but I am concerned about this sub. They knocked it out of the park those first two months after the revamp, but they seem to be going downhill again. While I would not say this is awful, it is also not terribly exciting. 

IMG_20141113_014342.jpg

ballerinagrl

(0) Hearts

This is an awesome box! Loving the Caviar Omega Nourishing Oil, the Malin + Goetz body was, and the Lorac mascara especially! :smileyhappy:

laynebr

(0) Hearts

I was excited for this box! Only because I received my alterna oil broken like everyone else. I get my box open it and... no alterna :smileysad: I guess im just not meant to try this product!

notcreative

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I feel your pain.  Twice, they left a sample out of mine.  Luckily for me, they replaced my sample both times.  Ever since the revamp, they seem to offer credits rather than replace any samples.  I first noticed it with the LM highlighter on the first NEW box.  Everyone was complaining that it was missing, and they were only getting a $3 credit.  My sub costs $16.22 with tax (so I was paying $3.24 per sample).  I would have been upset to only get $3 back.  I was happy that my LM product was in the box, because I promised it to MK89. 

kittichick

(0) Hearts

I remember that. Yeesh.

kittichick

(0) Hearts

What the-?? Contact them!! Give them an opportunity to practice their customer service! :smileyhappy:

laynebr

(0) Hearts

I did! :smileyhappy: They gave me $5 for their website but I wanted the oil not the $$$ lol

kittichick

(0) Hearts

What?? Oh, not cool. Birchbox would have sent you the product - possibly even a whole new box! 

notcreative

They knew I canceled and did not want me to feel bummed for missing an incredible box.  I'd be interested in trying the Caviar oil.  I use the Caviar scalp spray daily.  It is HG for me, but I've never tried the oil.  Nothing else here really interests me.

jisub89

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have the Alterna spray too but I haven't seen much difference. What benefits have you noticed, notcreative?

notcreative

[ Edited ]

I actually wrote a review on the site for this.  It was written almost a year and a half ago, and I still believe everything I wrote.  I have gotten to a point where I can skip a day in between washes.  It helped that I got a good shower cap (Drybar), because my old cheaper cap always left me frizzy.  My hair is already really frizzy as is, too.  Whenever I stop using it for even a few days, my scalp gets flakes again.  I am going to copy and paste it below for you:

Review from June 2013

I had been suffering from dry scalp and flakes for a while. In my search for relief, I tried a number of different products, including Dandruff shampoos. None of the products helped. Although I have baby fine fair, I have a lot of it. The idea of trying this made me think of what happened to Monica's hair on Friends when Ross was the key note speaker at a tropical locale. Finally, I turned from my fear and decided to try it. In no time at all, my flakes were gone. Even after a recent sunburn (I have very fair skin), the peeling seemed to fade faster than normal. My head no longer itches from being overly dry. The best part of all is since my head does not feel dry it is producing less oil. It no longer looks dirty/oily in the evening, so I no longer have to wash my hair right before an evening event. Washing it in the morning is fine. If improvement continues, I may finally get to skip a day of washing here and there. That would be lovely.

The only drawback (for me, probably a good thing for others) is that it does make my hair fuller. Luckily, I found a nice product (that I never use on my scalp) that weighs it down a little.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 723 replies
  • 517 hearts
  • 110 in conversation
    • kalex
    • lovinglondon
    • DTalksAll
    • michelleshops
    • killahbabe
    • hydee77