Subscription box photo sharing

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

I am very happy!  This is the first year I've purchased the LE Holiday for Her box and I am not disappointed (of course, I waited for spoilers first!)  Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

My December boxes all came this week. I am thinking I'll cancel Ipsy after January ships (I claimed some points this month). I have been subscribing to Ipsy for over 2 years and it has started to get a little bit repetitive in some ways, mostly every eyeshadow is brown. -_-

I liked it a lot for a long time, but I just feel like taking a break and trying something new. So, I got birchbox for the first time this month. It's hard to say what I think yet. So, I'll wait. Smiley Happy

Ipsy December Glambag

Screenshot_2015-12-17-09-26-03.jpg

Spoiler
Klorane - floral water makeup remover
Pacifica - matte, natural lipstick in nudie red
Elizabeth Mott - eye primer
Formula X - polish in reved up (champagne gold w/sparkle)
Acure - cell stimulating facial mask

December Glossybox

Screenshot_2015-12-17-09-26-19.jpg

Spoiler
Glossybox - eyeshadow in glossybox mauve
Gold Label Cosmetics - lipstick in a bold red (sorry I forget the name)
Color3 - polish in feverish (burgundy)
MTJ Cosmetics - high definition mascara
Simple Sugars - all natural body scrub in coconut

Everything in my Glossybox was Full-Sized and total value of $68.50

I am having a hard time trying to decide if I should gift or keep the body scrub. I think I might be keeping it tho. >_>

I am gifting the lipstick to a friend and the polish to my mom. They are beautiful, but I don't need them. (I don't neeeeed the scrub, but I can't help myself.)

I want to say this is the first time I've gotten a glossybox branded item. When did they start doing this?

December (First) Birchbox

Screenshot_2015-12-17-09-26-28.jpg

Spoiler
$10 coupon off $35 purchase
Coastal Scents - eye shadow sample, so cute n tiny!
Malin+Goetz - clarifying clay mask
Coola - moisturizer / sunscreen spf 30
The Beauty Crop -  highlighting cream
Soap and Paper Factory - hand cream in green tea

A little weird getting sunscreen in december, but other than that and considering no really preferences to go off of yet, I thought it's a nice box and comparable to ipsy, but different, which is what I wanted. Smiley Happy

I also love that the eyeshadow is something other than brown. omg. yay!

(0) Hearts

The Birchbox one looks really good!  I used to have Ipsy a couple years ago.  I was subscribed for over a year and then cancelled because I found it got too repetitive.  This thread makes me miss getting a subscription box though!

Keep the body scrub- yum, coconut!  Ipsy looks like a good box. I had birch box when they first started and really enjoyed it. Hope you like it as well 

I LOVE coconut, so I think I am definitely keeping it. :3

I really loved Ipsy for over 2 years now, but I just wanted to try something new/different. Thanks! Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

I agree.  Yum on the coconut body scrub.  I'm a sucker for anything coconut-y.

[ Edited ]

Yay! Glad you got a Birchbox from this month with the shadow. I knew you had a good shot, because you subscribed before the 10th. I love Coola sunscreen. That hand cream is probably awesome. Would love to read your thoughts. I loved the hand cream I tried from that brand but hated the metal container. That container looks much better.

Yes! I was excited to get in for this month too! Thanks again NC for the referral and all the details on birchbox!! Smiley Happy

I'll let you know about the hand cream. I honestly haven't had a chance to try much yet this month with all the holiday shopping and plans still left to get done! (Going a little crazy!) lol

(0) Hearts

Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 10.31.57 PM.png

Ipsy hasn't arrived yet.

It looks okay, not great but not horrible. 

I like the tarte powder and nail polish (worried about application though. Hope it's not chip-fest) 

Birchbox was meh for me this month Smiley Sad 

I only liked the box it came in Smiley Very Happy

(0) Hearts

I got the same mask. I haven't tried it yet. I'm a sucker for masks tho... :3

The pacifica lippie, I really wanted to love because I like the company, but it just had zero color payoff and not moisturizing... I know it's a matte, but I can't even tell I put anything on. :-\

I'm also a sucker for masks Smiley Happy 

I like trial size ones for travel. Hope this one's usable! 

Seems like this lippie has garnered bad reviews all around ..

Très disappointing, because it's been a while since I received a nice usable lip product from Ipsy

I was disappointed by the lipstick, too!  It had color on me, but it immediately settled into and emphasized my lip lines.  And it smelled waxy.

(0) Hearts

Yes, I noticed the smell too. Smiley Sad I think maybe Pacifica would be better sticking to skincare and fragrance. I wasn't impressed by the eyeshadows I've tried from them in various boxes either. :\

The lipstick smells like cheap crayons. I was disappointed, I won't even give it away because of the smell.

(0) Hearts

I also thought it had a hint of peanuts or something nutty.  Not what I expect a lippie to smell like for sure!  Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Yes!  That's exactly what it smells like!

Ipsy and Birchbox arrived today!

Ipsy:

IMG_1696.JPG

Spoiler
1. Bag:  I like the red and love the little lips on the zipper pull, but the bag seems extra small
2.  Lather Honey Moisture Mask with Propolis Extract:  Generous size and it smells really nice, like honey
3.  Peony Shadow Trio:  Not sure what shades these are, but they are gorgeous - can't wait to try them!
4.  Jersey Shore Spa Anti-Aging Lip & Hand Polish:   I tried this on my hands and it smells awesome and is very exfoliating, but suspiciously looks and smells a lot like regular brown sugar....
5.  Julie Nail Color in Pin Up Girl:  Pretty color, but I have so much nail polish! Smiley Wink
6.  Pacifica Power of Love Natural Lipstick in Nudie Red:  This color is beautiful and it goes on so smooth, but feels drying after about 30 minutes and smells like peanuts (?)

Birchbox:

IMG_1697.JPG

Spoiler
1. This box is so cute!  I wish it were a makeup bag (I think I've been saying that every month!)
2.  Coola Classic Sunscreen Cucumber Moisturizer:  Coola is the bane of my existence!  I get this stuff in a sub like every other month!  This will go on to my niece for sure!
3.  Coastal Scents Style Eyes in Formal Eyes:  Pretty colors, but one was chipped Smiley Sad
4.  The Soap & Paper Factory Shea Butter Hand Cream in Green Tea:  Smells nice!
5.  Amika The Shield Style Extending Spray
6.  The Balm Frat Boy Blush:  So cute!!!!

I got some Soap and Paper Factory Hand Cream in my Birchbox + babyGAP Limited Edition Box. I loved it, but I hated the metal packaging. They need tips from L'Occitane on how to do it right. 

That does not look like metal, so I think you're in for a treat. My scent was different, but I loved it.

Yep - it seems like plastic.  Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

I cannot remember what boxes I last shared, because I was sharing once a month. Anyway, my Wal-Mart box is no bueno. Very disappointed.

Walmart Beauty Box Winter 2015:2016 3.jpg

It has four deluxe low-value items, 2 single use foils, and one serving of chewable vitamins. I seriously hate chewing vitamins. Those things are meant to bypass the tongue not to be savored in it.

This is my Julep

Julep December 2015 2.jpg

My Birchbox

Birchbox Decemeber 2015 3.jpg

I'm eager to see my Wal-Mart box, hopefully it's not the same as yours…it usually isn't. This is my last BB - I am over them - 3 meh boxes in a row, and I'm not interested in any of the spoiler products for January. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments