Subscription box photo sharing

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

Got my Ipsy today, as well as my July Pinch Me Samples!

Ipsy:

IMG_0631.JPG

1. Bag - Cute print, but I expected it to be cloth, not vinyl - I really like that it's lined, though!

2.  Starlooks Pro Luxe Longwear Eyeliner Pen in black - This is an awesome full sized eyeliner - I've never heard of the brand, but will give it a go

3.  Tarte Energy Lip Gloss - This will go nice with my new Energy Noir palette to round out my look Smiley Wink

4.  Ofra Lip Liner in Wine - Also full sized!  Very nice and pretty color!

5.  Marc Anthony Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco hair treatment - For some reason, I thought this was a mascara at first - LOL!  I love Marc Anthony's hair spray, so I'm super excited to try this!

6.  Juara Turmeric Antioxidant Radiance Mask - Never heard of this, but will give it a whirl

Overall, I'm quite happy with my bag this month! Smiley Happy

I also got my July Pinch Me samples (not really a sub, but I had to share) and I cannot believe how much was included - I think I was able to choose 3 samples (this is totally free!), but they threw in a bunch of extras!  Unfortunately, no samples were available for me for August.

IMG_0630.JPG

How does pinch me work? I just heard of it today and it looks interesting!

(0) Hearts

@notcreative gave an awesome overview below!  Smiley Happy

Usually you can get 2-3 samples each month, but there are some months that nothing is available based on your profile.  You also have to act quickly when new samples are released because they sell out really fast.

It is an easy to get free samples site. You fill out your profile. On select Tuesdays, items suitable to your profile become available. Select the ones you want. Once you've tried the item, you complete a very short survey, then you're eligible for more items. Google PINCHme for more details, but here is the total survey on one of the items I tried.

Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 9.56.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 9.56.49 AM.png

Our PINCHme items are almost the same, but mine have not arrived yet. I did get some of these from the June order though.

My Ipsy box is being delivered today!!! ahhh, its my very first subscription box ever! Beyond excited.  I love the little bag that it comes with, the August one is adorable <3

I love IPSY so far! I like that instead of a box, it's different bag designs each time that we can actually take out Smiley Happy Enjoy your IPSY! I like the one I got this month.

(0) Hearts

Good luck!

Has anyone subscribed to popsugar? Feedback?

I was looking through their past boxes today and was pretty impressed overall - especially with their "special edition" boxes.

Yes - I have subbed with them for around 2 years now.  It is probably one of my favorite subs overall, but there have been some "meh" boxes lately (such as the August 2015 box).  

My favorite boxes have been June 2015, LE Resort 2015, December 2014 (I bought 2 and broke them up for gifts), LE Fall 2014, August 2014 (Kendra Scott earrings?  Yes, please!) and November 2013.  You can see photos of past boxes on their site.

I have passed on the holiday boxes and on the Neimen Marcus 2014 box, but am very sad I missed out on the 2013 Neimen's collab box and the 2015 Target fitness collab box.  The LE boxes have to be ordered separately from your subscription, but they sometimes sell out very fast, but I never like to buy the LE boxes withou full spoilers first because the value sometimes seems inflated.

I also think Fab Fit Fun offers awesome boxes, but they're only available quarterly.  I cancel my sub after each box though, because there have been 1 or 2 I wasn't interested in, but then I re-sub when I see spoilers I like - they usually have a pretty great value!

I also recommend checking out the Ramblings of a Suburban Mom blog - Jen is awesome and she posts spoilers, info and reviews on subs - it is great info!  Smiley Happy

Hope this helps!

Thanks! Very helpful Smiley Happy

I had been wondering how the LE boxes worked since they seem especially great but I guess they charge a premium accordingly.

I just ordered the FFF box yesterday it looks amazing too - that's what inspired me to start researching sub boxes so that blog will be very helpful! I think I'll cancel after every box too - I don't like the idea of paying $40 to get a box full of crap lol.

[ Edited ]

My Ipsy box was delivered today. Pretty curious to try the Doll10.FullSizeRender (28).jpg

1. Divine Skin Hydrator for in the shower 1 fl. oz
  2. Doll10 Hydragel Cream Blush in Flirt  0.11oz
  3. Eco Beauty Good Night Night Cream .5 oz
  4. Noyah All Natural Lipstick in Desert Rose (in what looks like the perfume sample card)
  5. Lord and Berry Nude Lipliner 

(0) Hearts

Oh I like that bag!  I like all the things in it as well.

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I was pretty happy with this month's selections.

(0) Hearts

If anyone got Julep and the freebie(s) for 3 add-ons this month, can you please tell me what your add-ons were? My box was shorted two items I paid for, and I only got one add-on item, Lee. Julep usually does 1 beauty item or 2 polishes. I have not seen a month where only one polish arrived, so I wonder if I am missing three total items rather than two as I suspected. I originally thought the stickers in my box were one of the two freebies for selecting three items, but I just read the response from the rep on the two missing items I paid for (he responded two days ago, but I am traveling so I just got his response). He said the stickers replace the candy this month meaning it cannot be an add-on and everyone should have received them. Thanks!

Did you notice for this month's box they said that there was a surprise.  My box came with those good/silver tattoos and no candy. I'd rather have the candy Smiley Sad

(0) Hearts

I never eat the candy, so I prefer the stickers. The surprise for a lot of us was missing items! 

Wow--I got my box today, and it was missing a lipstick and the Jelly trio add on, instead I got an eye liner and Lee, neither of which I ordered.  I got a base coat wrapped up in a bag with the "bonus" notification for the add-ons.  I think they really struggled this month with shipping.  I didn't even get the "brave pretty" card, which I was kind of looking forward to!

(0) Hearts

Yup. Not a good month for packing.

(0) Hearts

Really!  No stickers or candy either over here. 

I got 2 polishes, a creme blush stick and some stick on tattoos. Sadly i only like one of the polishes out of the entire box!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments