Subscription box photo sharing

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

I'm actually kinda excited about my Ipsy this month (don't have it yet, though.) They offered some good products. I also kind of credit the gorgeous spoiler presentations. :smileyhappy:

If you haven't tried it yet, that Klorane may be the best dry shampoo I've ever used. And I heard good things about the Mica shadow primer. :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

Nice!  I got the Klorane in some other sub and it's pretty nice.  I really like that blush - so pretty!

(0) Hearts

My bag is almost the exact same!  The only difference is instead of the eye shadow base I got the Crown Concealer brush!

Got my Birchbox in the mail yesterday.

AprilBirchbox.jpg

Mine has:

-Temple Spa Peace Be Still Calming Face & Body Balm

-Harvey Prince Yogini

-Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel

-Supergoop Daily Correct CC Cream SPF 35+

-Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain

I tinkered with my profile last month to indicate that I am most interested in Makeup and Skincare (previously I had only makeup) and I think overall the mix of products is pretty good.  Though still kind of annoyed that I have fragrance samples checked as not my favorite and am now 3 out of 3 for my first three months.  I get that even if you check this you'll get up to 6, but you'd think they could space them out better.  Also thought the size of the Supergoop and Jane Iredale were ridiculous.

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

I put the Jane Iredale product (left) next to a bunch of sample lip pies for comparison.  Whenever brands have such teeny samples it just seems stingy to me.  The silver lining is I already tried the Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain and I don't like it very much anyway so it'll just make it's way to my empties faster.  :-)  It's interesting because it definitely changed color once it hit my skin but it was sooooo subtle that I barely noticed a different vs. the natural flush in my cheeks.  The experience might be different for someone who doesn't have skin redness like I do, but I wasn't impressed.

(0) Hearts

I got the CC in last month's box and was shocked at the size.  Sounds like the lip/cheek stain will be a similar disappointment (especially since I also have skin redness!)

(0) Hearts

I got the supergoop cc cream in last month's box.. I wasn't a fan of the texture (much thicker and heavier than I'm used to) but I found that for it being such a small size I was able to get a decent # of uses from it. 

(0) Hearts

AHH I got the lip.cheek stain option as well. I hope it works better for me! 

But WOW that is really small!!  

(0) Hearts

I haven't tried it on my lips...yet.  Hoping I'll like that better though I need more lip products like I need a hole in my head.  I think the thought of calling it a stain also throws me (at least since when I think of a stain, I think of things like benetint).  It honestly felt more like putting a balm on my cheeks.  It was thicker and less pigmented than what I would normally expect from a stain, but not as creamy as say, a cream blush.

Hoping you will like it better!  Redness is always an issue for me when it comes to cheek products so I'm guessing my results are rarely typical.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have oily skin/larger pores so I'm not sure I'll be able to use it as a "cheek stain". Nor am I really into the idea of putting something I put on my lips on my cheeks as well! (feels kinda unhygienic to me). I chose it because like you, need more lip products!! Let's cross our fingers we like it!! 

Mine hasn't even shipped yet though :/ Here's to trying to be patient!! haha

My spring Luxe Box:

IMG_3685.JPG

• Soap & Glory The Righteous body butter
  • Buxom Show Some Skin sampler
  • Crabtree & Evelyn nail polish in Peony
  • Klorane dry shampoo
  • Paula's Choice 2% liquid BHA
  • Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer
  • Loose Button foundation brush duo

I'm pretty pleased with this season's box for me! The foundation sampler was the most disappointing, but even then I was able to use it. And I was happy with the rest of my products.

If any Canadian customers want to sign up, I have a referral code which gives you a discount! Other members have a referral code too, so I'd recommend making sure you get a referral code from someone else or a blog at least before you sign up!

(0) Hearts

Capture.PNG  WHYYYYYY 

(0) Hearts

I got the Eyeko Brow Gel instead of the Bronzer but other than that our boxes were the same. I'm loving the dry shampoo. 

(0) Hearts

My box was exactly the same, even the nail polish colour. Weird haha. Usually 1-2 things are different :smileytongue: I'm looking forward to trying the PC 2% though. 

(0) Hearts

I noticed that with a few other bloggers - there really only seemed to be two boxes which went out and everyone seemed to get one or the other. 

Very nice! Enjoy!! I've tried the Klorane before and liked it a lot. I'm looking forward to my first luxe box but it won't be until summer. 

(0) Hearts

I'm hoping the summer box will be good, too. I think I was mostly impressed by the brands included in this one (and the variety). I was familiar with all of them, and I don't really have a poor opinion of any! 

Yay! Julep maven box arrived today and it is adorable! I can't remember but I think all I added on were the chevron decals? The peachy polish (Nayley) was a free gift.

The greenish polish (Shelly) is gorgeous. The white is Brigitte. I swatched it and the formula seems really nice and not streaky.

image.jpg

Yes, Brigitte is very opaque.  Still trying to get the hang of layering her underneath bright polishes.  I tried her under Kayla on my toes and I'm not sure I'm super happy about the result.  So if you have any tips or tricks, let me know!

(0) Hearts

I think Bridgette is a terrible base and is part of the reason my East Village delaminated. This is probably meant as a canvas for doing something like dotting or a glitter edge (effects and embellishments). Back to using semi opaque base coats for sheer colors. :/

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I just tried the brow stuff (Don't Leave Your Brows at Home) and I gotta say, I'm impressed. I didn't really have high expectations but I really, really liked it. Very easy to use.

I used Bridgette last week, two coats will do full coverage.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments