Subscription box photo sharing

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

I got an email that said "inside your may box" but no shipping email...

Wow that's crazy!

So this is definitely not beauty but does anyone here do Fabletics?  I decided to give it a try because they had a crazy deal running and I work out 6x times a week these days so I go through a lot of workout clothes.  I like the tights & sports bra I got, but the Aviana top, which was the thing I was most excited about has got to be the weirdest thing I've ever ordered.  Everything about the fit is wrong.  I get the sense I can't return things with the monthly box, can you at least exchange for a different size or item.  For the cheap price I guess I should donate it but it's so bad it's making me want to cancel immediately.

(0) Hearts

I love Fabletics. The only item I am not pleased with is a swim suit with a zipper that unzips every time I swim fast. I finally tie it in the back, so I can swim laps and keep everything in. The top fits fine when it is dry, but the material does not hold up well in water, I guess. 

I will probably not buy anything else from the swim line, but if I do, I will avoid anything with a zipper.

(0) Hearts

OMG that sounds awful.  Seems like the first rule of a swimsuit is it doesn't expose anything you don't want exposed.

Maybe you could just superglue the zipper closed. lol

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the tip. This never even crossed my mind.

(0) Hearts

I have been interested in trying fabletics so I'm glad to see your post, although t looks like I missed out on the crazy deal. How have the items held up to washings?  Hopefully you can at least trade it for a different size or item. There are some trade groups I have seen referenced on mysubscriptionaddiction so maybe you can trade via there

They wash and dry fine. Most of my items are still in great shape.

I just unpacked them yesterday so I will have to see.   I will say I was impressed with the fabric quality having just tried them on though I think the design of Lululemon and Athleta items may be a bit better.  I'm not sure if it's the design or the pattern placement but the Salar Leggings seem to make my quads look large, where as similar ones from Lulu and Athleta are very slimming.  Thankfully I'm not ashamed of my legs so I don't mind but it was noticeable to me.  Will report back after I've worn them more.  Looking into it it seems like exchanging for size or color is easy but doing it for a website credit involves calling.

Thanks ladies!

(0) Hearts

I decided to re-up my Birchbox this month after taking a couple months off (Even with trading out a lot of the things I know I won't use in TSB's I'm still on sample overload).  Here's what I'm getting:

Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 12.48.29 PM.png

Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel - Body

Cargo Blush and Bronzer Duo

MDSolarSciences™ Mineral Moisture Defense SPF 50

Vita Liberata Fabulous Self-Tanning Gradual Lotion

amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo - 5.3 oz

I'm kind of kicking myself for not doing the curated box because I love Davines, but decided to take a chance.

(0) Hearts

I always forget that I'm subscribed to Birchbox until I get the actual box haha.

This is mine this month:

bb.jpg

I have no idea what I'm going to do with the self-tanning lotion, I don't need it, but I'm excited to try the Supergoop sunscreen oil stuff! I want shiny sun protected legs haha

(0) Hearts

Samsies with the tanning lotion.  Will probably pass that on in a TSB or to my sister who loves these kinds of things.

(0) Hearts

I think your box looks fantastic. Other than the tanning cream, which I may have tried over the summer, everything looks awesome. I like everything in mine other than the perfume (which I have not tried yet, so I will give it a fair shot when it arrives).

Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 12.59.07 PM.png

(0) Hearts

Yeah I am excited, other than the tanning cream.  I just have very, very bad memories of using some self tanner from Bath and Body Works in my early teens and being a streaky hot mess so I'm too scared to try it.  I have a feeling that will get passed on in a TSB in the near future.  Is that the supergoop makeup setting spray in your lineup?  I have a FS of that and really like it.

(0) Hearts

It is. I am really excited to try it, because I love the idea of an SPF setting spray. I got one from Coola before, but I have not tried that yet.

(0) Hearts

HELP!!! Did anyone receive their Allure Beauty Box yet???

I sent a letter to customer service regarding it b/c they said in my account that it was sent out on April 26th and this was their reply. 

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 6.07.17 PM.png

I literally just signed up for this box and was really looking forward Foreo Luna. I AM SUPER DISAPPOINTED if I missed out on this box. 

Can anyone share some insight?

(0) Hearts

I just talked to them via chat and nope no box for me either. I cancelled it and don't want anything to do with allure. Had it not been for this thread I would have still been looking out for the box. Major fail.

(0) Hearts

I havent even received my box yet...did anyone else receive it and not get the foreo?

This happened to me as well.  I asked them to cancel my subscription and I got a refund.  I'm actually okay with it because it was an impulse purchase for me and I really don't need a subscription box (quit Birchbox last year).

Things happen, but I think they should have been proactive and sent a mass email out letting new subscribers know if they wouldn't be getting the May box.  Not to mention that they should not be surprised that the Luna lured a ton of new subscribers.  They should have been better prepared.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments