Subscription box photo sharing

chupi

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

hydee77

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Just a heads up about Fortune Cookie Soap, I cancelled my subscription via email a couple weeks ago so I wouldn't be charged for the spring box.  They sent me a confirmation email saying that I cancelled...yet when I checked my credit card yesterday, there was a charge on there this past week for their spring box.  I emailed and explained that I cancelled and they refunded my money.  That was pretty sneaky if you ask me to confirm I cancelled yet two weeks later charge my card without an email, so I figured I would mention it to everyone here.

shadetertiary

(0) Hearts

Yikes.  Thanks for the warning.  I'll have to keep an eye out when I decide to cancel mine!

kittichick

Sample Society posted their entire December box a couple weeks ago. I haven't seen any comments on it here, so I thought I'd post it. It seems way waaay better than it's been over the past couple of months.

SS Dec 2014 Spoilers.PNG

While I'm posting things, here is my very last bag from Ipsy. I'm so cancelling after I get it.

ipsy Dec preview.PNG

Meanwhile, anybody know when we start seeing Glossybox spoilers?

Rhiannon1419

I canceled Ipsy too. I should be getting my last bag within the next few days. Got my first Birchbox today and I just subscribed to Sample Society because of your post! That Sample Society box is amazeballs. 

MarciaBrady

Glossybox posted this pic on FB and there was another post announcing that 4 of the 5 products in the December box will be full size. All that, and the box itself is super cute.

Screen Shot 2014-12-05 at 6.19.02 PM.png

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Finally more full sized items. I did not like the switch from a few months ago & have been ready to cancel. I'm also a little bummed they have been skimping out on the skin care they used to include, but I know others were sick of it. Let's hope this type of box continues & it's not just for the holidays :/ 

shadetertiary

And here I was worried ipsy would do something great as soon as I cancelled. Good riddance!

kittichick

Right? :smileytongue:

Sonny4President

Any suggestions for any sub boxes for skincare and maybe male related accessories/clothing (socks, ties, etc.)

lachaton

(0) Hearts

Quarterly tends to be on the more expensive side, but it isn't monthly and they might have some options? 

MissPain

(0) Hearts

Male products - Bespoke Post, Five Four Club, Ozone sock club.

Skincare - From the lab

vegchililover78

Birchbox has a male subscription. It costs a little more, but from what I've seen the guys get some good skincare and grooming stuff.

kittichick

[ Edited ]

I subscribed to Glossybox!! I've always wanted to but $21/mo was pushing it for me. Rue La La has subscriptions on sale; I just bought a 6 month sub for $89. I also had a $10 promo credit just laying around (I signed up with the site eons ago but never bought from them before) so I got it for $79. That's just over $13/mo!! I'm so pleased. :smileyhappy: Now I just hope these boxes are good. They've been seeming a little less awesome lately (Be a Bombshell? Really? Yuck.)

shadetertiary

(0) Hearts

I'm so sick of Be a Bombshell!  I feel like it's showing up in so many boxes and I don't understand why...

kittichick

Right? And it just is not a good brand. I've received a few of their products via sub boxes and I have yet to find one that wasn't bad.

Rhiannon1419

To my fellow Julep Mavens,

I am out this month because I purchased the Vanity Affair box from Birchbox. If you are getting any of the new shadows in your Maven Box and wouldn't mind posting swatches, I would greatly appreciate it! Also, I think I want the Sweep Photogenic palette so if anyone gets that I'd love to see some swatches for it as well! THANK YOU!!!

Gwenhwyfar

(0) Hearts

I got Moonbeam, and a quick light swatch the other day looked quite pretty.  I will try to take a photo and post this weekend.

shadetertiary

I got the shadow in Airglow, so I'll be sure to swatch it here if you're interested in that shade!

Rhiannon1419

Yes I am! I'm interested in Airglow, Moonbeam and Supernova. Thank you so much!

notcreative

The Maven reveal is open.  Is anyone upgrading anything?  It is the first month ever where I am thinking of upgrading nothing.  I thought they only put new colors in the new boxes, so I was disappointed to see I already own a couple.  I want to try the new eyeshadow (gold for Christmas, baby), so I am not passing on the box entirely.  If anyone gets the matte lipsticks, please report back on them.  Matte lipsticks are not my favorite, but I may want them if they're nice.

hydee77

(0) Hearts

This was the first box I skipped in awhile.  I have enough eyeshadow than I know what to do with and the nail polishes didn't entice me, I thought about the Core Classics but I have all those products in multiples.  I've been subscribing to Julep for far too long now, almost 2 years!  Hopefully next month will be much better so I can cash out my Jules on the major upgrade and attempt to cancel my subscription because I think the "Julep effect" is wearing off for me.  Feel like I've seen it all before.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 818 replies
  • 607 hearts
  • 117 in conversation
    • kalex
    • lovinglondon
    • DTalksAll
    • michelleshops
    • killahbabe
    • hydee77