Subscription box photo sharing

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

No more points for reviewing? Smiley Sad

Well, that seals the deal then - I'll be cancelling after July's box. Birchbox's point system is one of the biggest reasons I still subscribe. I can tolerate samples that are ill-suited to me or don't fit the parameters of my "profile" because I know I'm getting $5 to spend in their store. Once that perk is gone though, I don't think I'll put up with any more PARLOR by Jeff Chastain shampoos. 

(0) Hearts

That's how I read it.  And I agree with you.  I've found a lot of great brands through BB, but it was the $5 in review points every month that made it really worth while.  Otherwise, if you only earn points through purchases, that means if I make a $100 purchase, I will only receive $10 in credit, which equals 10%.  Not worth it.

Bummer!!! Sorry if I am not reading this correctly lol but we no longer get points every month for reviewing our 5 samples? We only get points for purchases invites and gifting subscriptions? That's not good Smiley Sad I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. They don't have percentage off coupons that work anymore either like they use to. They expire now, that's what I mean lol. 

We can only hope the backlash is more than they anticipate and they reverse the decision. I am going to try to hold on as long as possible.

I hope so too NC because that is one of the main reasons I've had this subscription so long. It was an amazing perk.  So I'll hold on for a while and see if it goes back to the way it was. 

You understood correctly.  I'll screenshot the rest of my email and add it.

BB was too good to be true.  I guess there are two ways for companies to make money when the spending  is down; stop discounts or add more to get more volume in sales.

Yeah that's a bummer.  I always enjoyed getting the extra 10 points when boxes had 6 samples.  But am glad we'll now be able to redeem in any increment.

(0) Hearts

@kelloua, I believe the email means first 5 of your subscription ever. Not first 5 per month.

(0) Hearts

That's how I read it too.

[ Edited ]

Full preview of the June Clean Beauty Box from Art of Organics (a dot com)

Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 4.09.40 PM.png

Details:

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 4.09.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 4.10.03 PM.png

I've never heard of this box but the packaging looks cute and it looks like a fun array of items.

My Teri Miyahira June box

Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 7.50.00 PM.png

(0) Hearts

That looks beautiful. Have you tried anything yet?

(0) Hearts

I tried the Calm. It's very pretty, but HOLY MOLY super pigmented.Joy is too.

I'm not a fan of droppers in general though. I feel it dispenses way too much product, but I'm trying to figure out how to use them, or which method works best. 

Got my June curated Birchbox (I think it's called Multi-faceted?) !  Love, Love, Love!

IMG_3675.JPG

Spoiler
1.  Davines Authentic Moisturizing Balm - Love Davines!
2.  Davines Authentic Cleansing Nectar Hair/Body
3.  Air Repair Complexion Boosting Moisturizer
4. The Beauty Crop PBJ Smoothie Stick in Raisin the Roof - LOVE!  I was so jealous of the ladies who got this a month or two ago - It is so cute and I love the formula
5.  LOC One & Done Shadow Stick - Not a huge fan of these, but may be good for the beach
6.  Nuxe Reve de Miel Facial Cleanser

I got this box too.  Excited to try everything.

I got the same! Can't wait to try the Davines. That lip product is very intriguing, too. 

I almost went with this. It looks incredible, but I had to go with the new brow product. I love the older one. 

Can't wait to get mine!

Latest Choix box! Went all Burberry this time around

Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 8.32.53 PM.png

Shadows in Storm Grey, Tea Rose, Rose Pink, Gloss City Pink, Lip/Cheek Bloom Peony.

I was expecting the lip/cheek bloom to be creamy, but mine is kinda chalky. Is that normal? 

Those colors are gorgeous @MarciaBrady!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments