Subscription box photo sharing

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

(0) Hearts

I will for sure! June has been a pretty big haul month for me, so I have some product posts coming up! If the Ipsy bag comes it will definitely be included! 

Ipsy has really been doing a lot better about including more prestige samples. Initially I preferred Birchbox because their brand mix was better, but recently the options have been heavier on the haircare, bath products, and new/instagram brands. I'll use the bath stuff, but it's not exciting, and I'm not interested in the other stuff for the most part.

Very smart on Ipsy's part. I cancelled Ipsy and Glossybox a month or two ago so I could add on the Clean Beauty (Art of Organics) box without feeling too much guilt. After I saw pics of this month's Ipsy, I re-upped. Now, hearing the BB news, I think that's going to be the one that goes. 

[ Edited ]

I love Birchbox, so I will be devastated if they follow through with this and collapse. People shop the store with their points, so it is sad they think people will continue to shop once the points dry up. 

The current Ipsy bags do look great. When did you resubscribe? Were you able to get a June bag?

I'm 90% sure I did. I clicked on a banner that said resubscribe, get June's bag. Also, It charged me immediately rather than waiting until the 1st of next month. The confirmation email didn't specify, though. Time will tell.

@MarciaBrady Have you received your first box with Art of Organics? Ugh, I'm soooooo tempted. After you posted about it I did order the cozy box! 

That cozy box is what pushed me over the edge to subscribing! Such an amazing grouping of products AND the presentation is so amazing! I signed up too late for the May box, but June should be arriving by the weekend! I seriously feel like a 6-year-old on Christmas Eve! 

Please post some pictures and info when you get it!

Will do!

(0) Hearts

Has anyone received the FabFitFun Summer box yet?  I'd love to know what you got.

I got my 2 ipsy bags yesterday, i'm very content with what I received. Smiley Happy 

june ipsy.jpg

I'm jealous of that body scrub.  Those are some great bags!

Ipsa's really been killing it lately! I unsubscribed last month because I felt I needed to take a breather, but this pic is really making me question that decision.

I think some of the issues that subscribers have is that once they see all of the contents they then start to desire products. Once they see what they desired was not in their bag they complain.

Some ppl also can't grasp that Ipsy disclosed several times that you cannot opt out of products.  I try not to be picky and just be content with what I get or I just give what I don't like away. 

(0) Hearts

I definitely think that's a problem. I know I was pretty bummed with this month, particually because of how many products I saw that I would have preferred to get. I endded up with Fireball, which of the four eye shadows was the only one I already owned.

But then I thought about it and realized that if I had gotten Lounge or one of the Balms, or if I hadn't owned Fireball already, I would have been thrilled with my bag. It's not like I can expect them to be a stash reader. So instead I'm going to be happy that they are offering quality products, and hope I get luckier next month. 

Besides, if I or the complainers are going to be so insistent on only getting certain products we already know we'll like, we can always cancel and go but the products ourselves. The whole point of the bag is trying new things that I otherwise wouldn't reach for or risk full sized purchases of.

@darkiceis I agree, and I have the same outlook on what I get. I feel I always get at least one or two things I'll personally use, and nothing goes to waste, as it ends up in loving homes. 

I am very happy with Ipsy this month as well. I had re-subscribed after a 6 month break because this month looked good. 

I got fireball, elizabeth mott, formula x, a double sided eyeshadow brush (seems great for travel!) and the sheet mask set. 

I love every item!

That sounds like a great bag!

[ Edited ]

This isn't good.  I got an email from Birchbox today explaining their new points system.

Starting July 11, we will only earn points for our next 5 samples.  That's it.  The only other way to earn will be by gifting BB, purchases, and inviting friends.

The good news is that we will be able to spend our points as is; no more increments of 10.  Which means it will be easy to unload the points to zero before I stop the subscription.

birchbox.jpg

birchbox2.jpg

I always said I would keep Birchbox as long as the reviews got half of my investment back. I am going to review my July box on the 10th, so my August box will be the first after 07/11/16. Then, I am out. So sad. I really loved Birchbox, but mostly because of the points.

I wonder if this means they want to focus less on subscriptions and more on their store, as they had to have known this decision would cause a mass exodus. 

My partner mentioned a few weeks ago that he read an article about Birchbox that basically is about subscribers buying full size products. I'll have to follow up with him to figure out where he read it. I think you're on target @notcreative. I'm disappointed by this decision. Not sure at this point if I will cancel. I really like the Birchbox add-on's and I've been getting some great items in my box lately.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments