Subscription box photo sharing

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

(0) Hearts

I got that Aurora nail polish in navy in one of my bags months ago- the formula is great! 

That eye brush looks fabulous.  I love it when Ipsy sends me brushes.  I can never have too many.

I compiled a list of my top 10 (well 11 if you count the shampoo and conditioner separately), subscription box product finds. Seven are from Birchbox! 

I bet those with Choix boxes have a completely different list. I am still resisting that box.

Stop resisting the Choix. Just wait to sign up until they do the big discounts. Not that what they do isn't worth full price, it's just that some brands that seem like they should know better don't perform (*cough*Gucci*cough*). Now that I'm thinking about it, 3B seriously delivers. Not all of their boxes come up at being a bargain, but the brands and products I've discovered have been treasures. Particularly Secret Key. More particularly, the eye cream. I've never encountered anything that moisturizes and eradicates creepiness like that. Oh, and their instant breakout zapper. It really zaps almost instantly.

[ Edited ]

The main reason I am resisting is I am afraid I will want to buy all the expensive things I sample. I've slowed down purchasing drastically last year and even more this year. Trying all those wonderful things and not buying them will be too hard. When I am ready, I will definitely wait until they do a big annual sale. 

I actually purchased my first Secret Key item from Megan last November, but I have not had a chance to try it yet. 

@notcreative  Did you purchase the Secret Key essence?  I also purchased from Megan and love the SC, and I dont reallythink I notice any diff between the Missha.  The zapper @MarciaBrady mentioned by them has me wondering if @meganlisa carries it or not???

(0) Hearts

I did. The container is so beautiful. I will be done with my current essence soon, and am trying to decide whether I want to start the Secret Key or the other one I bought. 

@makeupobesessed The zapper is actually called Honey Bee's Ac Control Spot Remover. The package doesn't specifically say it's for blemishes, but the 3B card mentioned it. They weren't lying. For me, every round of PMS brings at least one giant eruption, and this gets rid of it fast. Highly recommend. 20 stars.

Im so on it @MarciaBrady  I need something different for sure.  I am dying to buy the $90 one recommended by mochapj, but I havent pulled the trigger yet.

@makeupobesessed @notcreative I don't carry the zapper.  I can get most things but getting them takes a little time.

Secret Key is a great brand.  They either copy (the essence is meant to be a dupe of the Sk II with fewer harsh preservatives and fragrance...which the Missha is as well) or they innovate (they were the first to start the snail trend).  Small product line but the products are all very high quality, IMO.  One of the best "deals" out there.  I adore the essence.

Nice!  I know still resisting that box as well! 

Oh yes, please tell us your favorites from the BB subscription boxes!  I subscribed to BB when they first started and stopped a few years ago. This was before any customization. Now your comment is putting me closer to the edge of resubbing!

i did a three-month subscription to sochoix. It's a great service!  Every so often, there are subscription deals that come out to $10 a month. The three-month initial was good for me, I still have tons of uses out of my picks, mostly powders and cream lipsticks. My foundation sample lasted maybe four or five applications. I loved the foundation. Unfortunately, it's cle de peau and is something like $110 so no, I can't justify a full size!

Between constantly finding things I love and the rewards program, I cannot see myself dropping Birchbox.

They did cut some benefits recently, which kind of blows. You can no longer share your box on social media for 10 points or use box anniversary codes past the anniversary date. They're still better than most boxes though. 

List below.

[ Edited ]

Oooh, what are they? I think many of my faves have come from BB, too. Choix is, as you suspect, racking up quite a list of must-haves. 

[ Edited ]

I bet Choix racks up the favorites.

My favorites are:

Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle, Davines Minu Conditioner, Davines Minu Shampoo, Egyptian Magic, Fabletics Genessee, Julep It's Balm, Julep It's Fun To Exfoliate, Julep Konjac Sponge, Not Soap Radio The Stuff That Cupid Dips His Arrows In (because sometimes fate needs an assist), Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel, and Whish Shave Cream.

The Fabletics outfit and Julep items obviously came from their respective boxes, but the other seven are from Birchbox. I received some great items from Glossybox before I canceled, so a couple of those barely missed the cut. Pretty sure I never received anything out of this world from Ipsy (why I canceled).

Great list!  It makes me wonder what would be on mine.  I'm not shy here that I absolutely adore anything Davines.  I used to use Minu for a long time before I discovered Oi, which has since become my absolute favorite for results and scent.  Though I also really love the Love line too.

I also swear I'm the only one who can't notice a difference with the 3 minute peel.  My sister raves about it but I couldn't tell a change in my skin vs. the Dr. Dennis Gross wipes which make a huge difference.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have not tried Oi yet. I also love LOVE, just not as much as Minu. I got LOVE in two boxes, which is why I was able to trade one with you. Glad you love it, too. I really love a lot of the things from our trade, including the OH foaming face wash I am using now. 

I love the DDG wipes, too, but the Real Chemistry gives more immediate effects. I can feel the dry patches lifting and my skin feels soft and smooth after a single use, even if it has been a while since my last use. Finding the perfect surface was the trick for me. When my face was too dry, it did not glide as well and when my face is too wet, it barely works. I wash my face with cleanser before hand to prep and moisten the skin. I wash again after to remove the remnants. 

It took me a while to narrow my list, because I have really discovered some amazing things. Subscription boxes are a lot of fun.

[ Edited ]

So, I ordered yet another subscription box. I've been on a bath and body bender, so this Yuzen box was impossible to resist. Got my first one today!

Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 8.45.06 PM.png

Spoiler
Sencha green tea mints, Spa Technologies marine body polish, Jurlique firming eye cream, Pacifica lip shine, Eminence stone crop whip moisturizer, Me! Bath ice cream sandwich pumice stone, Spa De Soleil Olive Essence body butter, Zents bath truffle.

Ipsy and 3B also showed up in my mailbox.

Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 8.44.26 PM.png

Spoiler
Smashbox x-rated mascara, Epice moisturizing mask, BellaPierre lip pencil, Pacifica eyeshadow trio, Peek lip balm

Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 8.44.47 PM.png

Spoiler
Dewy tree nose patch, Aritaum power essence sleeping pack, Skinfood royal essence propolis essence, Sulwhasoo essential firming cream, Leaders brightening recovery mask.

I mowed the lawn today, so the bath products are extra appreciated. Smiley Very Happy

Those do look fun.

these all look nice.  I especially love the Yuzen box,,hadn't heard of that box before. 

[ Edited ]

I just got an email that my allure box shipped!! For those who didn't cancel, it looks like some of us may just get it after all!!! 

I don't know if it helped, but I was very nice to the customer service representative that told me I wouldn't get it LOL

(0) Hearts

I have not gotten any email or nada from Allure.  I know I was charged though.  Anyone know the number to call?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments