Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

(0) Hearts

Anyone that has an Ipsy subscription - they have the new Hourglass stick foundations that Sephora sells for $46 in their point store for 1000 points!

(0) Hearts

Birchbox sample choice emails were sent.

Also, I wish I'd noticed this first, but the August Box, Endless Summer, is for sale right now for $10 for subscribers, $15 for non-subscribers.

If I'd known that, I would have bought the box and selected the Oribe spray for my sample choice.

That spray sells for $22!

[ Edited ]

My Julep arrived late this month thanks to a product delay. At least I know my items are fresh!! Got two of the new lip butters. They have amazing lip products, so I cannot wait to try them.

Julep July 2016 2.jpg

(0) Hearts

Oh wow!  And here I thought I was the last one!  I'm assuming you are aware of the SPF fiasco on the lip balms?  If not check for the expiration dates on yours.  I just got mine last week and STILL had 2 expiring at the end of August and one at the end of September.  Their line has been that only the SPF expires and that they are still safe to use but I bought them for the SPF.  I complained and they ended up fully refunding my money (though not my Jules), which seemed fair since I also had 3 nail polishes in my order.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

What?!! How can the SPF in a brand new product be expiring? I did not even look at the expiration date. Will look later. That is very frustrating.

My first subscription box, ever. Choix just arrived. I also signed up for Julep. 

Im excited to give these a try. 

image.jpeg

(0) Hearts

Dusky Mauve is my favorite!

(0) Hearts

Ooh very fun!  Everything looks pretty.  I'm curious to hear what you think of the sheer lip gels.  I've been really loving sheer lip colors lately.

Choix box came! Dior this month Smiley Happy

image.jpeg

(0) Hearts

Everything looks so pretty next to each other.  I love seeing what you all pick for this box.

I`ve been complaining here about my Beauty DNA subscription, cause I received five matches, but never was very excited. Some boxes were just ok. Last one was a disaster - I received scrub, even my profile says no scrubs. I`ve contacted their CS and they send me a replacement. And this is lucky box number six! I`m very-very happy, hope to love this serum!dna.jpg

Ooh.  That looks like an awesome one!  Glad you finally got something that works for you.  I ended up not re-upping.  I may in the future but for now I have SO many full sized items that I think I'm set for awhile.

(0) Hearts

Thank you @kelloua, I`m really happy Smiley Happy If you are interested, Beauty DNA is on sale at Gilt City (with coupon GETCITY20 they are about 12$ per box).

In a sub box adjacent news...

I ordered 2 Ellis Fass eye pens from Choix, and they were OOS on one of them. They sent me an email immediately, refunded the money immediately (the full amount even through I redeemed points on the order), gave me some points, AND put a handwritten letter in my order apologizing for the stock issue (which I'm not even upset about - it happens) AND threw in these samples.

Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 8.47.13 PM.png

So nice! I love them more every day.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Yes, Choix is my new fav box!  I currently subscribe to Choix, BirchBox, Ipsy, and Play, and also subscribed to the Allure box in the past.  Choix is my all time favorite.  I recently had questions about which shade of my new holy grail foundation was best for me, Dolce and Gabbana, Perfect Luminous Liquid Foundation, and they sent me 2 monthly sized samples with a personalized note so I can see which shade was my best match. Plus, I received the same Chanel samples and other equally nice samples in my monthly box in addition to the normal 5 samples. For me, Choix has certainly raised the bar for monthly beauty boxes. 

Very cool! Those are luxurious samples!

I was shocked! Shocked! Though, I am kind of hoping the Sublimage isn't the miracle product it's cracked up to be. In fact, it would be great if it made me break out in a horrific yet temporary rash. You know, because then there would be no temptation to pick up the habit.

That's always my worry with really pricy/fancy samples -- that I won't want to go back to what I was using before after that.

@MarciaBrady I tell you those Sublimage samples have a spell on them that makes you want the $200 cream, haha! I love Sublimage but live off of samples because I can't bring myself to spring for it. One day I probably will..

Same!  Le Lift is no joke, either.  Smiley Happy

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments