Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

Just got my first Choix box today. Is anyone having the problem of foundation coming in gloss pens and leaking? I thought the foundations are going to come in pumps? Also I wonder the amount of the product samples we're supposed to get. My Tom Ford foundation sample size was half of my Cle de Peau foundation sample. The Tom Ford foundation retails for $80 and the CDP retails for $120. So weird I don't think I can get up to three uses of the TF foundation sample, it is so small!

(0) Hearts

I haven't had any problems with leaking, but it's interesting if they are moving away from using the pump.  I had a lot of issues with the pump, namely air pockets that render the pump useless and make it messy to open.

I was tempted to ask for jars-only for any products that would utilize a pump or pen because I don't like wasting product.  Scooping it out of a jar ensures you get every drop.  Smiley Happy

I got a Cle de Peau foundation sample in March and it came in a pump. 

Don't forget that if you are a Birchbox Ace, you can choose your May sample today.  (And if you aren't, sample choice is tomorrow.). Smiley Happy

image.jpeg

[ Edited ]

Birchbox

Birchbox April 2016 5.jpg

and once they replaced my blush and I cleaned the other items as best I could.

Birchbox April 2016 .jpg

Nerd Block Jr (for boys)

Nerdblock April 2016 7.jpg

Julep

Julep April 2016.jpg

Birchbox Man

Birchbox Man April 2016 3.jpg

NC can you tell me more about the Nerd Block box? I think my 5 yr old would love it. Is there a referral system?

(0) Hearts

There is. I will send you a link. My almost 5 year old gets jealous when his brother's box arrives, so I will get him this sub for his birthday as well.

Very happy with my box! ❤️

image.jpeg

My Choix box for this month! So excited to try some of the NARS DI collection.

IMG_2754.JPG

(0) Hearts

Very nice choices, enjoy! I just chose my samples for next month, couldn't wait, all NARS, love Smiley Happy

My choix box came today! Can't wait to try everything Smiley Happy

image.jpeg

Nice selection!

I'm so curious to see their nail polish samples. I loved how the perfume samples come in a refillable atomizer- even though the perfume selection was such a let down. But I imagine (hope) it will get better with time.

Oh that sounds cool, do you have a pic? I don't use perfume very much but a mini atomizer sounds adorable!

@maskedteagal It's a 3ml/0.10oz atomizer.

Here is a pic comparing it with a regular atomizer and a 2 ml sample vial 

WP_20160426_11_15_45_Pro.jpg

Thanks @DaintyDiva it's so cute!

Got my Spring Beautycon box today. This one was curated by Grav3yardgirl (Bunny) and worth $130. My box was missing the ncLA nail foils, and I'm pretty meh about the rest of the contents, but I thought someone might want to see inside. Not sure that I'd ever use that keychain...

inside.JPGcontents.JPG

Jealous of that dollskill gift card! Not that $20 is a lot on that website but still.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I love Bunny, so I was excited to see what she selected for her box. Of the items I would actually use, I would probably not make my money back. I do love the Beauty Blender, but I find the edge of the pink one works fine for concealer. The little green ones seem gimmicky to me (unless I am just having trouble visualizing how much they could help over the full-sized ones).

Bunny's trinket taste is far from mine. I would have to hide that baby in a deep drawer.

How much does this box run? 

I've seen this advertised on FB but never seem to get sucked in. I love Bunny though. 

(0) Hearts

They're $29 each, or $99 for the year (four boxes). Good value, but this box didn't really do it for me.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments