chupi

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

kittichick

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

(0) Hearts

Ooh, uh oh. I'll have to take a back-up with me, then. Thanks for the heads up!

chupi

Here is my January Birchbox:

That's a Serge Normant dry CONDITIONER (which is just alcohol, chemicals and some argan oil). Now I need dry hair prep.

Nail polish looks fun and I always need headbands.

IMG_20140114_144937_664.jpg

annekevdb

I love reading reviews of subscription boxes but I dread the videos.

I used to get Birchbox and Ipsy. I have cancelled both because I felt that I was getting too many products I wasn't going to use. It was fun for a year with each (roughly) but it sort of ran it's course for me. Ipsy was also geared a little young for me and Birchbox had a few too many foils, granola bars, and stationary for my taste.

The only box I get now is Stitchfix. I don't do it monthly because it would be too costly. I've gotten 2 boxes so far and a third scheduled for the end of Feb. I love having someone else find cute clothes and send them to me - I had so little time to shop. I plan to stick w/ it for a while. My first box was awesome and I kept everthing. My second box was meh - I liked two tops but one of them was too small, so I only ended up keeping one item.

chupi

(0) Hearts

SALE ALERT! Total Beauty Collection is having a warehouse sale. Up to 40% off their curated boxes.

chupi

What I like about Wantable is that they REALLY customize your box. They ask you what seems like 100 questions about stuff you love and hate, textures and the like. It is very pricey at $40 per box or $36 each with subscription. I got a discount so I got a free second box . This is my second one. I would continue, but I'm on a no-buy. They also do an underpants box and an accessories box. I may try a one off accessories box.

IMG_20140113_122058_576.jpg

OMG!!!1!! Sorry for the state of my apartment!

IMG_20140113_122009_598.jpg

That's a primer brush! I didn't know they existed and didn't know I needed it, but now I don't have to get my hands all silky and can open up my products after I use primers!

Also wedged in there was a foil sample for a BB cream.

mimibel

My Ipsy December GlamBag

image.jpg

kittichick

"I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair."

Right??? OMG, it's called EDITING, people!! Gah! ... Sorry for the excitement there, but seriously, some of those videos are just paaainfull to watch. You just zeroed in on a big pet peeve of mine. :smileyhappy:

As for your idea - I dig it. A lot. I'll have to go take some pics of my Birchbox and Beauty Box 5 items. :smileyhappy:

Missie772

Hahahaha... I busted out laughing when I read that line as well!!

Another pet peeve of mine is when they spend FOREVER on a product, reading the description from the website or straight from the box. Yes, we can read... just let us what you got and if you like it ok?

katief241981

Got my Wantables makeup box!

This is what it looks like when you first open:

1.jpg

And here are the contents:

3.jpg

1. FACE Stockholm Eyelash #2

2.  Mistura Beauty 6-in1 Beauty Solution Compact

3. Sorme Lip Liner 7 Natural Nude

4. JAPONESQUE Travel Smudger Brush

5. Starlooks Single Shadow Compact in Pearl

Sample of Sorme Under Foundation Makeup Enhancer

Here's a pic of some stuff opened:

4.jpg

Swatches of Starlooks Pearl, Mistura Compact, Sorme lip liner:

5.jpg

If y'all have never gotten a Starlooks single shadow compact I just wanted to show the design.  Love that the shadow lifts up and applicator and mirror are underneath

6.jpg

So I really like the eyshadow (I always love good highlighting eyeshadow for the brow bone) and the Lip Liner. I was surprised with this lip liner. I've never heard of this brand. It went on easily and really lasted.  Plus it is great with pretty much all neutrals.  I look forward to trying the eyelashes.  Not really sure what to think of the "6-in-1" compact.  I feel it could be used as a blush, maybe an eyeshadow, but nothing else. It is a little to pink to be a contour color.  

Still waiting on Ipsy and Glossybox but since I just joined, I think I will get February's boxes

AthenaBolina

(0) Hearts

Once I get my boxes, I can post pics. Hopefully next week

AthenaBolina

(0) Hearts

I have two birch box subscriptions and I LOVE them :-) i thought about doing ipsy, but I have enough right now and don't need more makeup other than what I get from sephora and birchbox. 

michmo

Last month was my very first month with Ipsy.  I was very happy with it, especially two items.  I got a great eye blending brush that I used daily.  It works really well applying some crease color for me.  And I got the Be a Bombshell one stick in sunset.  Originally I was very disappointed in the color of the one stick as it seemed too dark/brightly colored for me.  However, I've been trying it out with a small stippling brush (ELF) and it looks really nice.  But what impressed me the most is that it has had GREAT staying power on my cheeks.  So I guess I learned to try the product even if I don't think I'll like it because I could be surprised.  I am really looking forward to seeing what is in my next bag.    

kalex

I have Sample Society, Love With Food, and Stitch Fix coming this month.  I'll post them for you to check out!

jojobe

(0) Hearts

let me know how you like the Love with Food box. I am very interested as to if this one was worth it. I miss sample society but they were getting too many brand repeats for me. Maybe a next month I can do it again.

katief241981

(0) Hearts

I'm in!!! I just subscribed to Wantables makeup box, Glossybox, and Ipsy and will get my first shipments soon :smileyhappy:  I have never joined a subscription box before so I can't wait to see what I get.  I really want POPSugar too, but I limited myself to 3….haha.  I wasn't going to do GlossyBox but the Beauty Blender sealed the deal for me. It made up for the cost of the box because I needed to get a new one anyway.  

crayzeeRN

You crack me up about the 5 minutes on apologizing for their hair!! What ticks me off more is that their hair looks red-carpet ready and they're saying how terrible it looks. First world problems...

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

First world problems indeed ...

ginger304

(0) Hearts

ipsy is awesome..but so is beautybar.com sample society..look into it..birchbox sux..I also used to belong to oone that was all nail polish and nail products but I cant remember the name..i would rather hae my nails done then do them myself..but believe me ipsy is worth waiting for..every month you get a new makeup case from them too,along with samples..granted the cases are small but they are great for fillig with samples and passing them on to your friends..peace

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Could the nail polish box you're thinking of be Julep?

chupi

(0) Hearts

Today on Glossybox's Facebook:

Let's welcome the weekend with this amazing Fan Giveaway from Beautyblender! THREE LUCKY WINNERS will receive the beautyblender pure kit, including beautyblender.pure, beautyblender solid, the air.port travel pouch + an 18-month supply of sponges! (Total Giveaway Value $582!)

996098_567698506631986_1583203237_n.jpg

mychoi

if you share ipsy on fb, you can cut the waitlist!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 507 replies
  • 314 hearts
  • 91 in conversation
    • kalex
    • lovinglondon
    • DTalksAll
    • michelleshops
    • killahbabe
    • hydee77