Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

(0) Hearts

I bought the gilt city deal for BeautyDNA a few months back.  The personalization aspect of it plus it being a single full-sized product seemed appealing.  I'm up to my eyeballs in sample size products so I liked the idea of getting a single full sized thing.

My first month's delivery:

Beauty DNA Month 1_2.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 4.57.05 PM.png

I do think they did a nice job of taking my profile into account.  I had anti-aging as my top concern and also said I was interested in an anti-aging cream so this fits the bill.  Obviously I will really know when I try it out and see how it also fits my textural preferences.  I also liked that it introduced me to a new brand I've never heard of or tried.  Value also seems potentially good (I paid $58 or so for 4 months).  Just hard to tell since I know nothing about this brand so it may be inflated.

Julep

Julep February 2016 .jpg

i also got the konjac sponge and face oil! I had a great experience with Julep's CS by the way; my box was missing a gold nail tape thing, and CS offered partial refund or a polish of my choice. They are sending me Aquarius, which i had in mind because of a picture you posted Smiley Very Happy

(0) Hearts

Are they also sending the gold-tape or is the polish to make up for the gold tape being out of stock?

(0) Hearts

Oh i forgot to mention. Yes the gold tape was OOS.

(0) Hearts

Is this a luxe (I forget if that's what they call it) or a box with add ons?  Or was tt he sponge a pair with the wash?  I forgot to cancel this month (womp womp) and ended up with an anticlimatic box with 3 polishes and a tape.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

No, this is a regular box with no upgrades. When you select older items, Julep allows you to trade handsomely for them. Nothing from the new line really spoke to me. Usually, my Bombshell box only allows a polish swap for a polish or something around the cost of the polish. I swapped the Bombshell box for a box that included two beauty products. Then, I swapped those beauty products for ones I wanted. TTBC is right. The scrub is one item and the travel size oil with sponge is a second. The taupe polish was the third item and the red polish was a freebie for getting the box. This was $19.99.

The sponge was a pair with the travel size face wash, and the red sparkly polish was a freebie for everyone who signed up for it via an email link. NC's box looks like a 'standard' one.

my February Birchbox

-Naobay HydraPlus Cream (nice)

-OCC Lip Tar in Black Metal Dahlia (not sure, I usually prefer matte lipsticks)

-Cartier La Panthère perfume (hate it)

-Color Club nail polish (love)

-Living proof Restore Mask Treatment (didn't try yet)

Birchbox decided to put their canadian operations on hold, so it's my last birchbox. I'm disappointed because I love this subscription box (it's the only one I have). Do you have any suggestion for another subscription box (Ipsy, Glossybox, etc.) that is worth it for Canadians (I don't want to pay too much for shipping)? Thanks Smiley Happy

IMG_0493.JPG

(0) Hearts

This is the hair mask I am using now. I wish Birchbox would send me one, because I love it. There is only one I can think of that is better than this.

(0) Hearts

I know.  That makes this an awesome box!

(0) Hearts

The 1 oz. LP mask is currently a GWP with a $24 LP purchase at Ulta!

Julep Subscribers - check your email for a link to get a free polish in next months box.  If you didn't get the email here's the link.

https://www.julep(dot)com/maven/february-2016-maven-gift/reserve/

I got mine, but I admit I am annoyed it is the same polish they offered last Feb. Come on Julep. Give us a new one.

That's what I said.  Why the same color!  And I barely used it so I have a whole bottle.  Nice for new subscribers I guess. 

Does anyone here subscribe to any of the natural or organic beauty boxes such as Petit Vour, Love Goodly, Bare Bliss, Glowing Beets, Goodbeing, etc.?

I tried a 3 month sub to Vegan Cuts, but I didn't really think it was worth the money. I am having a hard time recalling anything that great from any of the boxes. :\

I had no idea beauty boxes like these existed! In looking at each price wise Petit Vour interests me the most. All look great though!

I've been looking at the ones I mentioned over the weekend. Last week I downloaded the Think Dirty app and was shocked how many of my products are 9 and 10s. A lot that I didn't think contained parabens actually do.

Petit Vour looked the most interesting to me too. My birthday is next month so I think I'll sign up and try to find some better alternatives to what I'm currently using Smiley Happy

I would take the Think Dirty app findings with a grain of salt. 

I have read some of the "studies" (a lot of papers, few actual studies, based on papers from the early 2000's based on studies done in the late 80's) they are basing their numbers on and find their science knowledge flawed or lacking. 

In addition they do not make distinctions between some specific compounds where one has a credible risk and the other has little to no risk.

Beware of anyone claiming to be unbiased when their website mission has very clear opinions. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments