Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

So I have a giant pile of sub pics that I've delayed posting, as I am lazy. :smileyvery-happy: Have I mentioned that I seem to have developed a sub box obsession? O.o

I'll start with the Birchbox that almost everyone else received. (How weird was that, btw?)

This is, imo, a Meh box. The Jane Iredale lippie is indeed teeny and I get no color payoff on my lips, only my cheeks. I'm a bit disappointed by that as I've liked most of the other products of her's that I've tried. The Hello body butter is also a bit disappointing, as I loved the fragrance but I didn't think the body butter smelled entirely like the fragrance. Was it just me? I'm always fine with getting shampoo/conditioner since it's something I know I'll use.

image (2).jpg

Next up is Ipsy. For the first time in forever, I like Ipsy better than BB. I didn't think that was possible anymore! The Elizabeth Arden lipstick (a bold, bright red) alone is worth more than twice what I paid for the bag. I also liked the Balm eyeshadow (I adore its individual packaging!) I was excited about the Mullein & Sparrow tinted lip balm (again, packaging is so cute!),but it smells...weird. I don't usually care that much about a product's scent, but it was actually unpleasant. The Pandora's blush is nice but it's actually a refill (see second pic), which is a little awkward. (The Tarte mascara wasn't part of the bag. I used points to get it.)

image (6).jpg

image (4).jpg

I also picked up this quarter's Fit Fab Fun box. Oddly enough, I think my favorite item may be the Growables basil. The coasters are adorable (Rifle Paper Co!), but my crazy picky-pants boyfriend HATES them. He's such a downer sometimes.The brushes are okay (I'm getting snobby about brushes - they matter!) and the scarf is actually pretty flattering on me! It's super light (and kind of short), which is a good thing, as I live in Florida and the four months in which it is NOT unbearably hot are over. The "metal tattoo stickers" are seriously lame and nowhere near worth the stated value of $36. But the nail BB is neat and the Salted Caramel puffed corn was pretty nummy. 

image (3).jpg

Next, my beloved Love With Food! This month was, imo, SO much better than last month. ... Which is probably bad on my part as last month's was all super healthy. I found it a liiiiittle weird that such mainstream brands as Walkers and Back to Nature were in the box. But good God, that shortbread is insanely good! Most of the box was really good, actually. Unfortunately the Lemon Zest flavor of Luna bar may be the only flavor they make that I can't stand. Oh well. And I don't care for hummus (although I wish I did.) But with a box like this, I don't expect to love every single item. Overall, this box was great.

image.jpg

Speaking of food boxes, I decided to try Graze, since you can get the first box free. I wasn't expecting to like it that much, but thought I'd give it a shot. Because - free! Turns out it's crazy awesome. I liked every single item (some more than others.) The sub is incredibly customizable, too. For instance, I hate HATE bananas, so I was able to rule out every snack that has banana chips. ... It's entirely possible that I may have upped my sub to 8 snacks (instead of 4) per week. ... Maybe.

image (11).jpg

I also love what they did for Easter packaging. I think it's adorable. image (7).jpg

Moving on... I got Loot Crate this month! As much as I love geeky subjects, I rarely get these boxes since I don't really have anything to do with the stuff. I have to say, it seems that Loot Crate does a pretty good job of making their items reasonably practical. Anyway, this month the spoilers were for Game of Thrones (LOVE!), The Princess Bride (ALSO LOVE!), and D&D (the boyfriend loves), so I couldn't resist.

The gold thing in the back is a blow-up crown. I found that just too goofy and first, but have decided to keep it for possible future play therapy sessions. The white wolf head next to it is a 4 GB flash drive! See? Useful! And something I love about the Harry Potter luggage tag is when taken out of its packaging, it doesn't scream Harry Potter. Meaning, it doesn't have the logo emblazoned across it. Instead, it just says 9 3/4, so you have to know what it's referencing to get it.

image (10).jpg

In keeping with the "Kittichick has developed a big subscription box problem," I picked up a box called "Escape Monthly." The idea is that it's a vacation in a box, with the various souvenirs you might bring home from a particular destination. Personally, I find this concept incredibly silly. The value I find in souveniers is in bringing back the memories of the actual experiences I had at said destination.

But this month was Japan and I love Japanese art and culture. And it was half off.

The products were mostly pretty cheap (although my usually picky bf loves the chopsticks) and I cancelled immediately. But the book on Japanese culture alone was worth the purchase to me, so no regrets.

image (12).jpg

And FINALLY ... Little Lace Box. I waited for months for them to open up subscriptions again and immediately bought a 3-box subscription. I thought I would have to wait until June for my first box (they are going bi-monthly) so I was pleasantly surprised to get April's box. I love this box. (Despite this month's appearance, LLB is a lifestyle box, not food. This month's theme was "Nona's Kitchen.") Almost everything is super practical and the whole thing is beautifully curated. And everything is of a seriously high quality. This box does not send out junk. Not pictured is a code for a free full size bottle of olive oil or vinegar from the Ancient Olive, the company that made the mini bottles in the box.

image (13).jpg

I should probably note that this sub box is currently experiencing a bit of drama relating to their customer service. Most people report truly above and beyond customer service. But stories have been popping up (a lot of them very recently) in which customers report having their subscriptions being spontaneously cancelled, typically for mysterious reasons. And now some people have posted the emails they received from the company. And a couple of them were really, truly nasty. Apparently, if they think you are being rude with them, they cancel your sub. And in some cases, they get mean about it. In light of this, I will probably cancel when my sub is up, unless they make some big changes. Or unless they somehow find out that I posted this and cancel my sub before it's up. Because they've done that. O.o ... Anyhoo, I thought anyone who is considering a subscription to this otherwise fantastic box should know about that.

... Bummer of a note to end my crazy-long post on...

(0) Hearts

I finally figured out what that Muellin and Sparrow balm smells like.  It smells exactly like Philosophy's old Kiss Me lip balm, which a friend of mine said smelled like band-aids.  I've not been able to get that out of my head since.  I really like how it feels on my lips, but the smell is weird.

I have not put most of my boxes away yet, so I am backlogged as well.  Lots of great items you have here.

And of course, I post it on the day Sephora releases and massively screws up their Extraordinary Rewards promo. Dangit.

This was my April Birchbox (Canada).

image.jpg

Thumbs up!!

(0) Hearts

Whoa! Way to go, BB Canada!! :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

I'm so jealous! I love Birchbox Canada but had to give up my subscription when I moved to a rural area because they don't ship to PO boxes. 

Enjoy your goodies :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

I got the exact same box too! 

(0) Hearts

I got the exact same box too! But was sad there was an error and I didn't get the pretty Rifle Paper Co. box. Already finished the tube of body cream (smells amazing!!) and trying out the beauty blender. Can't really say whether I love it yet!

(0) Hearts

Random but does anyone have a coupon/promo code that would work for glossy box right now? I have decided to finally take the plunge and subscribe but ever code I find expired on 4/30. :smileysad: 

The code " EYEPOWDER " will get you a free  Ardency Inn Modster Light-Catching Eye Powder with your first box. But there isn't a discount code that I'm aware of right now.

BTW, here are the spoilers for the May box. We will get five of the following products:

• Julep Nail Color
  • Bodyography Lip Liner in Pink Crush
  • Clearista Retexturizing Gel – 15 ml
  • teeez Object of Affection Lip Balm 
  • Doucce Mineral Matte Lipstick
  • Glam Glow Powermud (0.5 oz)
  • teeez Head over Heels Nail Lacquer (base coat)
  • Sebastian StylBrid 9ht-Catching Eye Powder

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  I've wanted to try Ardency Inn!  I just signed up and redeemed this :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

No problem! :smileyhappy:

I got my first Love With Food box yesterday : )

• Walkers Shortbread
  • Vintage Italia Garlic Olive Oil Pasta Chips
  • Mighty Leaf Tea Green Tea Tropical
  • Yumearth Sour Beans
  • Luna Lemon Zest Mini
  • Back to Nature Graham Sticks
  • Ziyad Wild Garden Hummus Snack Pack
  • Milas Oloves

IMG_8716.jpg

(0) Hearts

The green tea tropical is soooo good!  And Mighty Leaf is Mighty Pricey, so nice to get it in a box.

(0) Hearts

This was a good month, I thought!  Those pasta chips are seriously delicious.

(0) Hearts

omg yes! I just finished eating those pasta chips and they were so good....luckily there's a coupon in here for them :smileyvery-happy:

(0) Hearts

Does anyone on BT subscribe to Fabletics?  I was thinking of subscribing but admittedly am cheap with the workout gear I purchase.  I see that the box gives you a great deal on the gear, so I think it would be a good way to raise the quality of my workout gear for a decent price.  Would love to hear thoughts on quality versus cost.  Thanks!

I think one of my big curiosities would be how things hold up over time.  With the exception of my scooba sweatshirt (had some fraying on the wrist cuffs), I've been really really impressed with how my lululemon stuff has held up over time.  Mine have gotten worn pretty frequently and washed a lot (including by the staff at my gym who I don't imagine are particularly gentle) and they still look great.

I got the intro deal. I liked the workout tank top I got. Pretty decent nothing special. The leggings I got (I think they are called the Salar leggings) are not that great which is unfortunate cause I really love the print. I already had to exchange up a size and even they are a little too tight and not very stretchy so I felt like the measurements on the website were off...I originally ordered a small and exchanged to a medium. I cannot use them for yoga because they aren't stretchy/flexible (or however you describe it) enough. I don't like running in them but they do the job. I really only use them if I am lifting weights or maybe walking on the treadmill. 

I skipped every month since the introductory offer. I only wonder if I tried a different outfit (mainly the bottoms were what I didn't like) if I would have liked Fabletics more. I wear Lucy, Zella and Lululemon and I prefer to stick to those brands for my workout bottoms. I know what works for me from each of those lines so I don't have a problem paying more for something I really enjoy. 

It wasn't hard to call and cancel, the reps are just instructed to really give you one last pitch (are you sure?you will lose your VIP pricing!, etc) to try and get you to stay. Just be firm about cancelling and why it didn't workout. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments