Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

[ Edited ]

Somehow I was selected to get two of their "pilot" boxes back in 2015. There was good product selection and since you received $5 in Macy's cash, I thought it was also a good value.  The pics in spoiler are from MSA but I received the same things.  

macys 1.JPG

Spoiler
macys2.JPG

Nov & Dec 2015 pilot boxes - hope they keep the same format:

122015.JPG

112015.JPG

(0) Hearts

Very tempting, but i'll hold off until I see how the roll out is. 

Ohh I'm tempted!

I like the variety of products in the pilot boxes - very cool! I'd jump on this if I didn't already sub to so many other boxes...

Thanks for posting, just signed up for it! I noticed that the two pilot boxes had a full sized item, but there's no mention of it this time. Fingers crossed that's what the "Bonus Item" is (doubtful, but a girl can dream!)

Request -- Is anyone looking to trade their Manduka Yoga Towel from the Jan 2017 Popsugar box? I really like mine and plan to buy another -- but wanted to ask here first Smiley Happy

Post -- Got my birchbox today and I love it! I've never tried anything from Kiehl's before and am excited about the Oribe (my monthly pick) and Benefit bo-ing. The eyeshadow stick got a little (**very) hurt on the ride, but I might still be able to try it!

IMG_4895.JPG

[ Edited ]

Ohhhh!  Very nice box!  @whitepolkydots

I finally got my hands on a few samples of Boi-ing - Hope it compares to Erase Paste - that stuff was awesome!

I feel like I'm the only person who's play box hasn't arrived----or even shipped yet?? guess this is my punishment for complaining about the bag 😂

FWIW, the day I got my shipping notification is the day my box arrived (Thursday)!

Same!!!!  Not even sure which one I'm getting, but I am crossing my fingers for no Porefessional...

My box hasn't shipped yet either Smiley Sad

If it makes you feel any better mine hasn't arrived yet either @xxsour and I didn't complain about it (at least for this month...I think...lol) Smiley Very Happy

LOL. You're not being punished. I'm excited about mine, and it has arrived yet. I checked the tracking, and though it's shipped, it really hasn't made it that far yet. 

Man I have such a love-hate relationship with subscription boxes. I recently unsubbed from all of mine (most were Asian beauty brands and also Yuzen) and I'm starting to miss that little surprise in the mail...I did enjoy Birchbox but I kept getting eye pencils which I just don't enjoy at all (I'm a liquid eyeliner girl).

Everyone seems to gush about Ipsy but based on all the photos I see, they don't seem to introduce a lot of new, unheard-of brands? That's one of the things I liked about Birchbox, would you guys say Sephora Play does a fair share of "new/rare" brands as well?

I think Sephora puts in a good variety of established and emerging brands. I've gotten samples from Farmacy, Youth to the People, Milk, and some others I can't think of at the moment. That said, the boxes are mostly filled with big name companies, which makes sense, because they tend to have larger lines. They also are probably more likely to have lush budgets for things like making deluxe samples. I say go for it. 

[ Edited ]

Two subscription boxes arrived in one day!  This is my first month of Boxycharm and I must say I'm pretty happy!  My Luxie brush was folded funny in the brush protector and looks to be permanently curled. 

I'm pleased with my Ipsy bag this month as well.  Not as breathtaking as last month, but let's keep things in perspective with the price point.  I'm excited to try the nailpolish because I've heard good things about this brand.  We'll see if it passes the mommy washy hands test.  Speaking of washing, I've gotta get the grubbiness off my iPad lens.  OooopsSmiley Happy IMG_9214.JPGIMG_9216.JPG

@heartsmyface  Oh your NYX Whipped Souffle is such a pretty color!  I gave mine to my daughter because it was too bright for me... That nail polish is very lovely!

@Tamara76 NYX has me as a fan with these!  They feel so good on!  

The nail polish is pretty but I've decided it's undesirable.   What a waste of time reapplying it properly only to have it chip right away anyway.  It chips as much as whiteout on your nails would.  I'm disappointed cause it was the one thing I was super excited about. I heard so many great things about it too.:/

Oh that's the best when subscriptions come on the same day! It's like Christmas Smiley Very Happy I was watching KathleenLights' Boxycharm video and she says if you wash the brush and shape it before it dries it should be ok @heartsmyface. Worth a try anyway lol. 

[ Edited ]

it was awesome, but honestly a bit overwhelmedlming to get that many new products at once.  It's harder to appreciate each item when you're bombarded with themSmiley Happy

I hope washing it is all it'll take, but there's a pretty intense curl. If not, well, I still got a great value.  It did come with a brush guard so I'll try using that to dry it.  It'll get used either way.  Baby Hearts likes when I brush his face with brushes, so this one may end up being hisSmiley Happy 

That's a beautiful shade of blue! Have you tried it yet?