chupi

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

CuriousCannibal

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

Have you been with Boxy Charm for a long time? I REALLY love the look of this box!

Maddiexx19

(0) Hearts

Sorry I'm just seeing this now! But I've only just subscribed in July. I'm loving all of my boxes so far, my only complaint is that there's nowhere on the website that says where you can enter preferences such as skin tone, whether or not you use certain products, etc. But then again, it's still a newish box that's just now gaining some popularity so maybe they'll add that feature soon! :smileyhappy: But I tend to be pretty adventurous with using new products and I'll (almost) try everything once! So for me, it's 100% worth the money! My September box should be here any day now so I'll be sure to post a picture of that one too!

CuriousCannibal

Awesome! I subscribed yesterday, hopefully it was in time enough to get the september box.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I tried to cancel my replacement Birchbox, but I was told it was too late.  She told me to just enjoy the items as extras.  I like this way less than my first box, so I am glad this was "free."

Birchbox 2 August 2014.jpg

etscore1

(0) Hearts

Why is Glossybox showing pictures of a BeautyBlender on their page for this month if they're not sending it out?!

I hope when I get my box I'll find out I'm wrong! But already two of the same boxes... another month with no variety :smileysad: 

MarciaBrady

(0) Hearts

Next month is looking like a good one, and there's a bit of variety. They're teaming up with Harper's Bazaar. If you go to the Bazaar site and then go to their shop option/by issue/September/page 3, you can see everything they may or may not be putting in yours. There is some pretty exciting stuff.

etscore1

(0) Hearts

I'm really not a They're Real! fan, so I didn't have the school girl reaction over that one. The OCC Lip Tar has never appealed to me either, but I'll definitely still try it.

Definitely an improvement over the last couple of months though.

Mcakes

I know right? I wish they would give me a beauty blender lol. 

I am so excited about next month and Harper's Bazaar! I am kind of disappointed in this month though considering that it was their birthday month :/ 

TJBPINK

(0) Hearts

My August Glossybox....

IMG_5741.JPG

IMG_5743.JPG

Zpsid91

(0) Hearts

This is the box I got with a bright pink nail polish - in fact they sent me two - not sure why? I canceled an order and they refunded the money, but apparently they didn't stop the shipment on the box? Who knows - but this is the 2nd time their CS has made a mistake, luckily this one was in my favor!

Mcakes

(0) Hearts

Oooh lucky! The Kryolan was awesome! 

CuriousCannibal

(0) Hearts

My august Glossybox and Lip Factory box. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

Did you get a nail polish and falsies in a LIP products box?! LOLOL

CuriousCannibal

(0) Hearts

it's not just for lip products, they include other products..their main thing is lip stuff though.

dolceloure

(0) Hearts

Nice! I'm anxiously waiting for an update on my Glossybox...it's been stuck on the "paid" status for almost 3 weeks!! It's usually much faster than this. :-/

MarciaBrady

(0) Hearts

Same here! It looks like a good one, though.

Zpsid91

(0) Hearts

Mine is still in that state too. Looks like some good stuff to me!

kittichick

I feel kinda guilty posting in light of Notcreative's BB problem, but I've GOT to show my pics! Pic sharing is one of my favorite arts parts of getting these boxes! I suppose that's silly, but... whatever. :smileyhappy:

Here's my Birchbox... I'm pretty happy with it, I'm always psyched to get a face mask and the bronzer is decent. BBs don't usually have enough coverage for me, but otherwise this one is pretty good, so far.

IMG_20140819_220639.jpg

Here's my Ipsy. It was not a good month. The liner was pretty bad and the mascara wasn't great (although I liked having the chance to try it without buying it.) The lip balm smelled super grape-y... but it has GLITTER in it! I'm 41, I  don't want glitter in my lip balm. :smileytongue:

IMG_20140819_220213.jpg

Aaaand the Sample Society. I'm sure everyone's the same, but it was SO awesome this month, I have to post it anyway. :smileyvery-happy:

IMG_20140819_220852.jpg

ballerinagrl

(0) Hearts

Wow! The Sample Society Box is especially impressive :-)

kittichick

(0) Hearts

They really seem to be stepping up their game! :smileyhappy: I like their new product booklet, too. MUCH better than what they used to do and better than the sample list cards the other boxes do. :smileyhappy:

bratknits

(0) Hearts

They put out the first spoiler for Sept.  A full sized Resorsea Eye Cream ($85).  I loved everything in the box this month.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 582 replies
  • 389 hearts
  • 97 in conversation
    • kalex
    • lovinglondon
    • DTalksAll
    • michelleshops
    • killahbabe
    • hydee77