chupi

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

kittichick

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

(0) Hearts

Holy moly! ... I do already have an awful lot of eye creams, though.

notcreative

My Birchbox finally arrived today (after not updating the tracking for 8 days)!  I emailed them and asked them to cancel the replacement box.  My box is the exact same as yours.  As a matter of fact, all three of the boxes you just posted were the exact same as mine.  I love this box, so I am happy it arrived.  

Birchbox August 2014.jpg

This is what they were going to replace it with, so I am very happy my original arrived.

Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 7.57.00 PM.png

kittichick

YAY!

Also, how funny is it that we always seem to get the same boxes/bags? 

notcreative

[ Edited ]

We must have similar profiles (if they're legit), because sometimes I get items that could not have come from my profile.  Did you watch the videos where they gave sneak peeks into three members boxes?  One member had the same box as us, and the reason she was given the item totally made sense for me.  I think they may actually be legit for Birchbox.

kittichick

Was it? I saw the videos, but didn't remember that one was like ours.

I think the profiles are actually reasonably legit for BB, but I know they don't use the reviews we write in determining our boxes. Meanwhile Ipsy's profile seems meaningless but the reviews we make do matter.

Have you seen the sneak peek for next month? They've shown the items that we can choose from. I've already received two of the four and I seem to recall not being super interested in the other two. ::shrug::

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I have not seen the previews, so I will check that out now.  

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Here's my Birchbox.

Oh wait.  There's no picture, because I still have no box.  They told me they will check inventory to see if I can get a replacement but it will not be the amazing one I was expecting.  AKA a leftover box.  Boo hoo.  I upgraded to an annual subscription because of how awesome the box looked, and I am not even getting it now.  

Rant over.

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Dangit!! What were you supposed to get? :smileysad:

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Same as your amazing box.

gogreyhound

My August New Beauty Test Tube ( QVC Version)

All these plus the big magazine! I love the NBTT it comes 4 times a year from QVC, more often, I believe, if you order through New Beauty. image.jpg

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Birchbox, where art thou?  

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Is anyone still waiting on Birchbox?  I already got the items I ordered with the upgrade to the annual subscription, but I still have not received my August box.  It was shipped on 08-08-14, but the tracking has not updated since 08-13-14.

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Oh no! Sounds like it might have been lost? I agree with Zpsid91 - you should call their customer service if you haven't already. :smileysad:

Zpsid91

(0) Hearts

That's weird - i got mine last week…can you try calling customer service or emailing them to see what's happening with it?

notcreative

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I emailed them but they made me wait until yesterday to order a replacement.  My replacement box kinda bites, so I am glad my original finally arrived.  It does not appear as if the replacement has been shipped yet, so I sent them an email to cancel it.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Ipsy (Happy for the Dr Brandt and the Perversion mascara and probably one of the better bags this month, except for the peeps who got GlamGlow).

Ipsy August 2014.jpg

Going out with less class than Sample Society, but they sure started with a bang.  Now, I just need my beloved.  It is mid month, so I am not quite sure what they're waiting on.

dolceloure

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

August Ipsy and Birchbox: 

IMG_20140815_064831.jpg

IMG_20140815_065007.jpg

I'm happy with this month's Ipsy and so-so about this month's Birchbox, but one thing I can say for sure now is I've reached eyeliner overload. I mean, I love getting them b/c they're a makeup staple...but considering how long they last, I don't think I can ever justify buying any more for the next few years!

Still waiting on Glossybox! They've been so quick these last few months, so I was expecting it'd be here by now!

spacesuit

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I finally got my Julep box in the mail today, halfway through August... and they sent me the wrong one. Again. Though after looking at swatches I think I like this one better than the It Girl box I originally went with.

On the other hand I've been hearing horror stories about people getting two or three of the glitter instead of whatever they went with so I'm glad mine was a happy accident :smileyhappy:

DSCF1985.JPG

notcreative

(0) Hearts

They just sent me the wrong bracelet polish set (extra order; not a subscription box), and I am not happy.  The one I ordered was pretty and the one they sent was blah!  I hope they can exchange it.

MarciaBrady

(0) Hearts

The colors look beautiful. Mine got here as ordered, but my add-on came in a separate box and there was an extra eyeliner in it. Thankfully, it wasn't black because through other subs I have enough black eyeliner to last a couple lifetimes. I think they're giving out extra Jules for the late shipping - a lot of them. Kinda makes me wish they'd mess up every month. 

notcreative

They're awarding just 100 points shy of a free box amount.  Too bad other boxes do not.  I got Julep two days ago and am getting enough Jules to order almost a full box to apologize, but I am still waiting on my Birchbox.  They did not give me anything for my angst.  Yes, I thought it would be fun to use the word angst as if I would be so devastated that my Julep did not arrive a few days earlier.  Too funny.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 582 replies
  • 389 hearts
  • 97 in conversation
    • kalex
    • lovinglondon
    • DTalksAll
    • michelleshops
    • killahbabe
    • hydee77