chupi

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

CuriousCannibal

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

(0) Hearts

My glossybox arrived today too. Trying to decide if I'm going to renew for another 3 months. Even though I don't use EVERYTHING I get, I like this box a lot more than Ipsy, which i'm probably going to cancel.

Anyways. I probably won't use the first 3 items.

I got that serum in a previous box (surprised they're repeating a product). I haven't used the other one, so idk if I'm going to keep this one or put it in a TSB.

I don't like glamglow, so that might go in a TSB, and probably the hair product too.

But I love body/hand creams, and lip balms, so i'll be trying both of those tonight.

securedownload.jpeg

notcreative

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

If you put that GlamGlow into the TSB I'm hoping you're referring to, I will gladly take it off your hands.  I am right after you too, so it will be mine for sure.

I do not know what I think about the hair product either, but it will be a long time before I find out.  I have 2 open now thanks to my unwillingness to wait on trying It's a 10.  I gave the lip balm to my husband, because I have more lip balms than I know what to do with.  Although, that did not stop me from trying to order a La Mer one recently.  Someone said it was better than By Terry, and it is $5 cheaper.  I figured I must try it, but I was proud of myself for not buying it.  That is until someone reads this and tells me I have to get it.

The body lotion is $61 for 6 ounces, so I am afraid to try it.  $10 an ounce for body lotion.  I'd go broke trying to replace that every few weeks assuming it is incredible.

MarciaBrady

(0) Hearts

I have dangerously low impulse control when it comes to make-up stuff, so I tried just about everything on the day it came. LOL. The body lotion is really nice, but not $61 nice. I don't think you'll be dying to get a fresh one when the sample runs out. The hair stuff is great! I didn't use enough hair oil after washing so my hair was tangly and a bit brittle. It smoothed it out and made it softer instantly. The vinegar smell is strong at first, but dissipates quickly. The lip balm is fabulous, but not long lasting.

Hope that clears up some mystery!

CuriousCannibal

Yupp, that's the one. I'll put it aside so I don't forget to put it in :smileyhappy:

I just finished an It's a 10 a couple of weeks ago (the keratin one, i think) I liked it but it wasn't a big difference. But, I have curly hair and already use a bunch of other products, so maybe that's why.

I like trying fancy body lotions, but I probably wouldn't go and purchase one (which is why I like getting them in glossy box.) Josie's body cream is probably the most expensive one I have/one I wouldn't mind repurchasing. Actually, after I finish all of the ones in my collection that'll be the main one I keep buying..

started rambling haha, sorry. Anyways I tried the body cream last night and it smells AWFUL. After 10 minutes my hands felt really dry. Tried it again this morning and the same thing happened. Bummer.

But I used the lip balm last night, and it stayed on throughout the night, and was still on when I woke up. Doubt i'll go out of my way to buy another one, but i'll finish it up.

etscore1

(0) Hearts

I tried the body cream too and completely agree! Hate the scent nothing else special about it. I guess I was optimistic after loving the body butter from last month's box, but definitely not a keeper.

I was, however, super pumped to see the promo for last month's AYRES Patagonia come in this morning because I would like to buy more of that. 

And I surprisingly did love the MALIN+GOETZ lip balm as well. Good texture, seems to stay put and a pretty good gloss finish.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

My final Glossybox just arrived.  

Glossybox July 2014.jpg

kittichick

My July Birchbox - REALLY happy with this month! (Except the Whish shave cream was not too awesome. I shredded my legs using it!)

IMG_20140716_000025.jpg

My July Ipsy - Pretty happy. The Bare Min cream shadow was waaaay better than I expected. So was the Elizabeth Mott Benetint lip stain. But I have zero use for tanning oil and I'm one of those few who hates They're Real mascara. (Also, the bag is SUPER cheap looking.)IMG_20140717_202806.jpg

And my July Sample Society - Everyone got the same thing this month, so no surprises. Except my hair mask didn't explode or leak. Even though I recognoze that this is a quality box, I don't expect to get a lot of use out of it. I'm not into nails or fragrances and I prefer liquid highlighters to powders. Oddly, I'm happy with the L'Oreal lippie and the hair mask.

IMG_20140717_202650.jpg

MlleCC

(0) Hearts

You got a fantastic Sample Society Box!  I've been hearing about how amazing the Maison Francis Kurkdjian scents are, but unfortunately I don't live near any retailers that carry them.  

I would love to hear how you get on with that L'Oreal liquid lipstick.  I have one in Rouge Allegro, and while I adore the color (it's a beautiful strawberry red), it has a tendency to wander out of my lip lines.  I'm sure it's nothing that a lip liner can't solve, but I was hoping that it would be a low-maintenance, apply-and-go, type of product.  

spadersgirl

(0) Hearts

Nice boxes! I actually got a very good shave with the Whish but my issue with it is the inconsistent smell. Sometimes it smells wonderful (when more of the acai comes through) and then other times the grapefruit just kills it. Kind of gives off a sour smell (mine did at least).

StyleLynn

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

July Topbox (Canadian) 

Benefit Prive

image.jpg 

July Ipsy

image.jpg

July Lip Monthly

(This was my first and only month, I just wanted to take advantage of the $5 promo)

image.jpg

unblownkisses

Terrible packaging on that mini liner though! Feminine hygiene products anyone?

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Now, I do.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I hate They're Real Mascara, but that is the cutest box ever.

StyleLynn

[ Edited ]

I'm actually not a fan of the mascara either, I mainly enjoyed this months box for the novelty of it. It'll go on display somewhere... Haha

bexrose

(0) Hearts

I thought I was the only one who hated They're Real Mascara.

Everyone loves it, but it just gave me like, FIVE, lashes. Not even nice ones-- spidery, brittle-looking messes.

So glad to find someone agrees haha

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Hate. It. It flakes all over my face, to boot. :smileytongue:

Zpsid91

I am ready for TopBox to come to the US!!!

MK89

Seriously! Our boxed don't look like that :smileyvery-happy:

StyleLynn

(0) Hearts

A lot of months don't look like this. I'm just lucky because I got my Wishlist selection this month, it's hit or miss like almost all of the beauty box subscriptions. 

kateye7

(0) Hearts

This is awesome!

dolceloure

(0) Hearts

My Ipsy + Glossybox came in today:

IMG_20140718_061422.jpg

The only products I've tried so far are the Pixi tinted lip balm (what tint??) and the Bare Minerals BB cream eyeshadow -- by which I was pleasantly surprised! It goes on nice and though it's nude it's just a little shimmery, and it doesn't irritate my eyes at all like most cream shadows do. 

And the GRE books in the background also came in today. :smileytongue: I left a PhD program last year and here I am, going for it again. Oh, I hope I know what I'm doing, lol. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 805 replies
  • 597 hearts
  • 117 in conversation
    • kalex
    • lovinglondon
    • DTalksAll
    • michelleshops
    • killahbabe
    • hydee77