chupi

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

notcreative

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

(0) Hearts

I tried the Pop bronzer last night.  It was all right.  Nothing I would buy, but nothing I feel inclined to get rid of either.

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

I got the Coastal Scent sample eyeshadow as well, it sucks. It is not pigmented at all. I used it with my UD eye primer, and it did not show up at all. Then I tried to swatch it on my inner wrist after putting primer on my wrist, nothing. And it is so powdery.. When I pat my brush down, it just dusts up. And for the N4 hair spray, it smells really bad to me and my sister, so its going in the TSB box, but it works really well.

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Although I agree with you about the N4 (it's awful!!), I had the total opposite experience with the Coastal Scents sampler! I found it to be buttery and extremely pigmented! I couldn't believe it was that pigmented, actually. Even without primer. O.o

It never ceases to amaze me how people can have such drastically different experiences with products like these. 

MarciaBrady

(0) Hearts

I swear the N4 shampoo & conditioner they sent last month made a bunch of my hair fall out - way more than usually does when I wash it. I think the whole brand is hexed. LOL. Bummer about the Coastal Scents. I was excited to get that sample, but haven't tried it yet. I have a couple of their matte single shadows and the color payoff and texture are great. Deep Sigh. 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I hate products that make my hair stink.  Thanks to my desire to try It's a 10, I have 2 opened leave in conditioners right now.  It will be a while before I try this one.

dolceloure

(0) Hearts

I'd like to know how you like the Coastal Scents sampler! I was hoping to get that in my box, so naturally I didn't get it. :smileytongue: I'm thinking of getting the full size w/ my Birchbox points.

MarciaBrady

The shimmery ones are SUPER shimmery. The matte one is nice and has a silky texture. The colors are gorgeous. A bit more product is needed to get a good color payoff, but nothing outrageous. If you order the palette you should check the Coastal Scents website for deals (in case there's other stuff you'd rather use your BB points for). I ordered some matte shadows from them a while back and get a ton of emails from them for sales. Big ones. Some are for more than half off. 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I barely wear makeup and have already promised people I will use other palettes first.  I had never even heard of Coastal Scents until I received a brush in an Ipsy bag.  The brush was decent quality considering its cost.  As soon as I try the palette, I will let you know, but it is going to take me a bit.  I have seen people on the What Are You Wearing thread post that they use this brand, so hopefully someone who has used it will chime in sooner than it takes me to get back to you.

tessie84

[ Edited ]

Literally just got my Sample Society box. I'm loving the revamp -- it was much needed. Even though I wish that I got a different color of the L'Oreal Colour Riche lipstick (it's too dark of a red for my taste) and probably won't use a metallic nail color, I'm excited to see that they are moving in the right direction with a better selection of products (and not primarily skincare). I also wanted to mention that the Maison Francis Kurkdijan fragrance developed interestingly...it first smelled like bug spray for about 15 mins, which was awful. However, when I came back to it, it's quite nice and elegant. Maybe it just can't be one I spritz on right before I head out the door...

2014-07-15 14.45.13.jpg

SuzeAlex

(0) Hearts

This box has me wondering if I should re-up. Everything looks good.  Thanks for posting, I wanted to see a revamped box.  I still feel like they owe me for my three months I was subscribed, it was so bad.  

tessie84

(0) Hearts

There was a rough patch there, but I hope this new trend continues...

notcreative

[ Edited ]

I am excited about the revamp too.  After four facial moisturizers and 2 perfumes in the last box, it was time for a revamp.  That was just crazy.

My box is not scheduled to arrive until Friday, but I am hoping they get it here sooner.

dolceloure

(0) Hearts

IMG_20140714_110416.jpg

I'm pretty happy with this month's Birchbox! I mean, the only product I'm excited to try is the lipgloss (everything else seems just OK), but I love that they included a free subscription to Women's Health! (and you can request a $9.99 rebate if you don't want the subscription). I haven't subscribed to any magazines in a while and I was planning on restarting all of my fashion + health/fitness subs again, so that bonus completely made up for the so-so selection this month.

MegEm

(0) Hearts

So, I threw out the little booklet that came in my birch box by accident-- is that where the information on subscribing to the magazine or getting the rebate is? I'm debating if I should go diving into our outdoor trashcan for it!

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Did you get to select that lip gloss or were you just lucky?  I never saw a selection email, and by the time I saw it discussed on the sneak peek, it was too late.

dolceloure

(0) Hearts

I remember getting to select a lip gloss, but I can't remember if that's the one I chose, lol. They also let me pick out a nail polish, but I never got one in my box.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Thanks.  I will keep my eyes peeled for an email this month.  I am reading every one.  I know they would have sent me a nail polish (like I wanted), because I already received the gloss in the past (and hope to try it at some point).  The color of yours looks prettier than mine though.  It would he hilarious if they were the same.

HookedOnBeauty2

(0) Hearts

Has anyone tried the Sumita champagne eyeshadow pencil that was in the June GlossyBox?

CuriousCannibal

Yupp, I love it! its a nice every day color. I've been using it on days I don't have Much time for makeup, and when I use a primer with it it lasts pretty much all day :smileyhappy:

HookedOnBeauty2

(0) Hearts

Thanks CC. I actually tried it last night as a trial and it goes on quick and easy. I also added other colors and left that in the crease. It seems pretty versatile.

notcreative

Sadly, like most of the boxes I receive, I have not tried anything from it.  I have hoarded it though.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 500 replies
  • 307 hearts
  • 90 in conversation
    • kalex
    • lovinglondon
    • DTalksAll
    • michelleshops
    • killahbabe
    • hydee77