chupi

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

notcreative

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

[ Edited ]

I am excited about the revamp too.  After four facial moisturizers and 2 perfumes in the last box, it was time for a revamp.  That was just crazy.

My box is not scheduled to arrive until Friday, but I am hoping they get it here sooner.

dolceloure

(0) Hearts

IMG_20140714_110416.jpg

I'm pretty happy with this month's Birchbox! I mean, the only product I'm excited to try is the lipgloss (everything else seems just OK), but I love that they included a free subscription to Women's Health! (and you can request a $9.99 rebate if you don't want the subscription). I haven't subscribed to any magazines in a while and I was planning on restarting all of my fashion + health/fitness subs again, so that bonus completely made up for the so-so selection this month.

MegEm

(0) Hearts

So, I threw out the little booklet that came in my birch box by accident-- is that where the information on subscribing to the magazine or getting the rebate is? I'm debating if I should go diving into our outdoor trashcan for it!

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Did you get to select that lip gloss or were you just lucky?  I never saw a selection email, and by the time I saw it discussed on the sneak peek, it was too late.

dolceloure

(0) Hearts

I remember getting to select a lip gloss, but I can't remember if that's the one I chose, lol. They also let me pick out a nail polish, but I never got one in my box.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Thanks.  I will keep my eyes peeled for an email this month.  I am reading every one.  I know they would have sent me a nail polish (like I wanted), because I already received the gloss in the past (and hope to try it at some point).  The color of yours looks prettier than mine though.  It would he hilarious if they were the same.

HookedOnBeauty2

(0) Hearts

Has anyone tried the Sumita champagne eyeshadow pencil that was in the June GlossyBox?

CuriousCannibal

Yupp, I love it! its a nice every day color. I've been using it on days I don't have Much time for makeup, and when I use a primer with it it lasts pretty much all day :smileyhappy:

HookedOnBeauty2

(0) Hearts

Thanks CC. I actually tried it last night as a trial and it goes on quick and easy. I also added other colors and left that in the crease. It seems pretty versatile.

notcreative

Sadly, like most of the boxes I receive, I have not tried anything from it.  I have hoarded it though.

dolceloure

haha same. I added it to my "currently in use" stash rather than my "for later" boxes, but haven't had an occasion to wear it yet. It's a very pretty, neutral color so I look forward to trying it.

HookedOnBeauty2

(0) Hearts

Same with me. I haven't tried anything from my boxes yet either. 

notcreative

[ Edited ]

Well, a genius employee cancelled my subscription when I emailed to ask why an extra $21 was charged to my card as well as the $15 gift sub I ordered (tried to call, but no one ever answers).  My greed for another box inadvertently cost me my subscription.  I am so mad about him canceling it without checking with me first that I doubt I would ever resubscribe.  I was really looking forward to the GlamGlow too, so I am beyond bummed.  Oh well, I have 5 boxes and an insane backup stash.  It probably is time I start whittling down my subscriptions.  I want to keep Julep through the end of the year, so I can collect the gemstone polishes without paying $14 each, plus shipping.

HookedOnBeauty2

Sorry about the cancellation :smileysad:. What other boxes do you subscribe to?

notcreative

Sample Society, Julep, Birchbox and Ipsy.

HookedOnBeauty2

Would you recommend sample society or birch box? I currently subscribe to Glossy box and will be getting my first ipsy box in August and may be thinking of adding a third subscription 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Sample Society has forgotten one of my samples each of the last 2 months.  However, both times I called, their customer service was amazing and they sent me a replacement box.  I am nervous that another box will arrive with a missing sample, and I live by the 3 strikes you're out rule.  They have to go if they do it again.  I also have to assume it is not just happening to me.  This is the only subscription box service that has ever forgotten an item listed in my sneak peek email and my online account.  I still cannot believe it has happened twice.  The product mixture has been kind of lame as of late, but they are revamping the box to mix it up.  They needed a revamp after sending me 2 perfumes and 4 facial moisturizers last month (well 3 moisturizers and 2 perfumes in the first box and 4 moisturizers and 2 perfumes in the second one).

Birchbox has gotten consistently better for me each month (so I think it is a keeper).  Well, this month was not as good as last month, but I am excited about the free magazine subscription.  I am disappointed that I did not receive an email to select an item, because this was the first month they started doing that and I was unaware to check.  The people who did got a gorgeous lip gloss or nail color, and I did not.  Boo!  However, now that I know they are doing this, I will read every Birchbox email from top to bottom.  I like the concept of picking one of my samples.

Therefore, I would recommend Birchbox.  That said, Sample Society will likely keep getting better and could be wonderful for you if you are a lucky one to always receive all of the items you're expecting.

hannasilkwood

(0) Hearts

I am wondering the same thing. I have had Birchbox in the past and it used to be really good, but I see them straying away from the popular brands and products I feel like I once you used to receive. I am expecting my first IPSY box in August too and am wondering which boxes are worth it. I am also interested in the ELF box subscriptions, I have seen great reviews. 

CuriousCannibal

Something else for you and HookedonBeauty2 to think about- lipstick factory. I've been a subscriber for 3 (maybe 4? I'm bad at keeping up with times) months, and I've been pleased with every box, mostly. It's $22 a month. They do mostly focus on lip products, but you get a selection of others too. The last box is probably the only one I didn't LOVE, only because I got a brown lip liner. 

Other than that, it's a nice box, and I'm a lot happier with that, compared to ipsy. i haven't used anything I've gotten from ipsy, besides one of the cute bags. 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Careful with that subscription, Curious.  I read that they have sent out expired lipsticks on a few occasions.  I know some of us use our lipsticks long past expiration dates, but we do not expect them to be expired long before they even arrive.

CuriousCannibal

(0) Hearts

Really? Dang...I'll keep a lookout for that. Thanks for the warning! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 594 replies
  • 408 hearts
  • 97 in conversation
    • kalex
    • lovinglondon
    • DTalksAll
    • michelleshops
    • killahbabe
    • hydee77