chupi

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

dolceloure

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

haha same. I added it to my "currently in use" stash rather than my "for later" boxes, but haven't had an occasion to wear it yet. It's a very pretty, neutral color so I look forward to trying it.

HookedOnBeauty2

(0) Hearts

Same with me. I haven't tried anything from my boxes yet either. 

notcreative

[ Edited ]

Well, a genius employee cancelled my subscription when I emailed to ask why an extra $21 was charged to my card as well as the $15 gift sub I ordered (tried to call, but no one ever answers).  My greed for another box inadvertently cost me my subscription.  I am so mad about him canceling it without checking with me first that I doubt I would ever resubscribe.  I was really looking forward to the GlamGlow too, so I am beyond bummed.  Oh well, I have 5 boxes and an insane backup stash.  It probably is time I start whittling down my subscriptions.  I want to keep Julep through the end of the year, so I can collect the gemstone polishes without paying $14 each, plus shipping.

HookedOnBeauty2

Sorry about the cancellation :smileysad:. What other boxes do you subscribe to?

notcreative

Sample Society, Julep, Birchbox and Ipsy.

HookedOnBeauty2

Would you recommend sample society or birch box? I currently subscribe to Glossy box and will be getting my first ipsy box in August and may be thinking of adding a third subscription 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Sample Society has forgotten one of my samples each of the last 2 months.  However, both times I called, their customer service was amazing and they sent me a replacement box.  I am nervous that another box will arrive with a missing sample, and I live by the 3 strikes you're out rule.  They have to go if they do it again.  I also have to assume it is not just happening to me.  This is the only subscription box service that has ever forgotten an item listed in my sneak peek email and my online account.  I still cannot believe it has happened twice.  The product mixture has been kind of lame as of late, but they are revamping the box to mix it up.  They needed a revamp after sending me 2 perfumes and 4 facial moisturizers last month (well 3 moisturizers and 2 perfumes in the first box and 4 moisturizers and 2 perfumes in the second one).

Birchbox has gotten consistently better for me each month (so I think it is a keeper).  Well, this month was not as good as last month, but I am excited about the free magazine subscription.  I am disappointed that I did not receive an email to select an item, because this was the first month they started doing that and I was unaware to check.  The people who did got a gorgeous lip gloss or nail color, and I did not.  Boo!  However, now that I know they are doing this, I will read every Birchbox email from top to bottom.  I like the concept of picking one of my samples.

Therefore, I would recommend Birchbox.  That said, Sample Society will likely keep getting better and could be wonderful for you if you are a lucky one to always receive all of the items you're expecting.

hannasilkwood

(0) Hearts

I am wondering the same thing. I have had Birchbox in the past and it used to be really good, but I see them straying away from the popular brands and products I feel like I once you used to receive. I am expecting my first IPSY box in August too and am wondering which boxes are worth it. I am also interested in the ELF box subscriptions, I have seen great reviews. 

CuriousCannibal

Something else for you and HookedonBeauty2 to think about- lipstick factory. I've been a subscriber for 3 (maybe 4? I'm bad at keeping up with times) months, and I've been pleased with every box, mostly. It's $22 a month. They do mostly focus on lip products, but you get a selection of others too. The last box is probably the only one I didn't LOVE, only because I got a brown lip liner. 

Other than that, it's a nice box, and I'm a lot happier with that, compared to ipsy. i haven't used anything I've gotten from ipsy, besides one of the cute bags. 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Careful with that subscription, Curious.  I read that they have sent out expired lipsticks on a few occasions.  I know some of us use our lipsticks long past expiration dates, but we do not expect them to be expired long before they even arrive.

CuriousCannibal

(0) Hearts

Really? Dang...I'll keep a lookout for that. Thanks for the warning! 

hannasilkwood

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the suggestion! I haven't heard of either of them and will have to check those out! 

HookedOnBeauty2

(0) Hearts

I was actually looking into lip factory and lip monthly but I didn't hear too much good stuff about lip monthly. What are some of the product brands that lip factory sends out?

CuriousCannibal

(0) Hearts

Off the top of my head I don't remember the brands. They aren't high end, but i've never gotten drugstore ones either, besides a nyx butter gloss. They're usually brands i've never heard of, but the quality has always been good.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Julep arrived during normal human hours, but I just remembered to post it.Julep July 2014.jpg

MarciaBrady

(0) Hearts

That body milk smells so ridiculously good! I wish it came as a perfume. 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

It will probably be a long time before I open it, but I noticed it feels thin through the container.  How does it moisturize?  I need a strong one, because my skin is dry.

HookedOnBeauty2

(0) Hearts

Question......this is my 2nd Glossy Box and I'm not familiar with all the brands. I guess I'm just used to shopping at Sephora and some department stores.

Brands like Sumita Beauty, Ayres, Camille Beckman, Lancer, Philip B, Napolean, Skin Inc, Malin & Goetz to name a few.....Where do you shop for these brands?

etscore1

(0) Hearts

I'm sure you could Google any of them to see where they show up.

HookedOnBeauty2

Some brands for the July Glossy Box:

Glam Glow

Skin Inc

Malin & Goetz

the Aloe Source

Nail Girls

Philip B

kittichick

Glam Glow?? Is it too late to sign up?? XD