chupi

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

MarciaBrady

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Well, that sounds like something to look forward to!

etscore1

Ugh, it looks like everybody got exactly the same products for June. BOO! 

Not sure if they saw how much everybody loved the BG box and decided they could lay an egg this month or what. :smileysad:

SuzeAlex

(0) Hearts

I got the exact same one too.  I absolutely love the box itself!

etscore1

(0) Hearts

The box is super cute. 

How much did you ladies get on your C Wonder gift card? Mine was for $10, but shipping is $10, so I doubt I'll end up using it. Not really in the market to spend money just for the sake of spending money. :smileysad:

spadersgirl

(0) Hearts

I was curious and looked on the fb page and everyone was posting either $5 or $10. Considering it's supposed to be anything between $5-500, I'd be curious to see how many actually got say $25? $50? $100?

SuzeAlex

(0) Hearts

Well you came out better than I did, mine was $5.

etscore1

(0) Hearts

Boo - I was all set to buy a lobster bottle opener too, for $15. But I don't think I need it that bad. 

My Mom's was for $5 too... I should see if you can combine them.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Mine was $5 too.  Anything less than $50 or so would not entice me to make an order whilst on my no buy.

etscore1

(0) Hearts

I'm guessing it can't be used for shipping costs, so no matter what you're stuck paying $10 in shipping. Super lame.

notcreative

Here is the latest Glossybox.  I am excited for the nail polish and the actual box.  The rest does not excite me, but we shall see how it all goes.

Glossybox June 2014.jpg

CuriousCannibal

(0) Hearts

I got the same products, but I haven't checked what's on the gift card yet. At first I was like "meh", but it's not THAT bad. I like hand/body creams, the taupe-y eyeshadow stick thing is nice, nail polish is always useful, so the only thing I don't care for is the hair product, and that's only because I can't really use it in my curly hair.

MarciaBrady

(0) Hearts

If you're a fan of lavender, the Ayres Patagonia is among the most fabulous blends ever. I'm pretty sure that's what Heaven smells like. Also, I can't wait to do flag nails. I don't typically go the nail art route, but I can't resist this opportunity. LOL. I haven't really checked out any of the other products yet. They look promising!

etscore1

(0) Hearts

I finally got around to using the Ayres Patagonia as I had really bad sunburn a couple of weeks ago and been using anything I can get my hands on to moisturize.

I. LOVE. IT. The texture, the way it absorbs... LOVE. IT.

I need to figure out where I can buy it.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I do like lavender.  Painting my nails will be a lot of fun.  I have grown them out a little, so I can play with these polishes for next week.

etscore1

(0) Hearts

I love lavender, and already have a few different hand/body creams that use it. Looking forward to checking it out though. 

I used the eye shadow pencil today... application went pretty well. We'll see how it holds up today... haven't checked on it yet.

kittichick

(0) Hearts

What are those two things in the middle? The one that looks pencil-ish and the jar?

Does Glossybox always arrive this late in the month?

etscore1

(0) Hearts

Eye shadow chubby pencil and body balm. 

And yes... most people get it within the last week of the month... half the time I don't get it until early the following month. 

kittichick

(0) Hearts

I love seeing what everyone got in their subscription boxes!! I need to see more Sample Society (do I keep it?) and Glossybox (do I get it?) pics!

I forgot to get pic of my Sample Society (but it was the same as Notcreative's, so just look at her's twice).

Here's my June Birchbox, which I am liking so far... mostly. The Perlier is very effective and I would adore it - but I find its scent maddening!! And it will.not.go.away. Meanwhile, the fragrance is actually really nice (although I'm not a big fragrance person.) I plan to try the hair stuff this weekend.

BBox June.jpg

And here's my June Ipsy. I actually love the NYX, even though I was afraid teh color would be too orange-y for me. I liked the eye liner at first, but more than half of it had worn off by after about 6-7 hours. The BB Cusion is actually pretty neat. I think I may like it! :smileyhappy:

Ipsy June.jpg

notcreative

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Were you shorted the extra sample too or did you get all of yours?  My replacement is due in today, so I hope it contains the missing one this time.

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Oop - No it wasn't shorted. But the sample you were shorted is really tiny. (Because that matters?)

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I cannot wait to see it now.  It will be crazy if I had them replace it and it arrives and is a one time use.  I had no idea how big it was going to be though, because I never saw it.  I am going to log into the other site to see if someone has a picture of the size there, because I am too impatient to wait another hour or so for mine to be delivered.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 582 replies
  • 389 hearts
  • 97 in conversation
    • kalex
    • lovinglondon
    • DTalksAll
    • michelleshops
    • killahbabe
    • hydee77