Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

(0) Hearts

What are those two things in the middle? The one that looks pencil-ish and the jar?

Does Glossybox always arrive this late in the month?

(0) Hearts

Eye shadow chubby pencil and body balm. 

And yes... most people get it within the last week of the month... half the time I don't get it until early the following month. 

(0) Hearts

I love seeing what everyone got in their subscription boxes!! I need to see more Sample Society (do I keep it?) and Glossybox (do I get it?) pics!

I forgot to get pic of my Sample Society (but it was the same as Notcreative's, so just look at her's twice).

Here's my June Birchbox, which I am liking so far... mostly. The Perlier is very effective and I would adore it - but I find its scent maddening!! And it will.not.go.away. Meanwhile, the fragrance is actually really nice (although I'm not a big fragrance person.) I plan to try the hair stuff this weekend.

BBox June.jpg

And here's my June Ipsy. I actually love the NYX, even though I was afraid teh color would be too orange-y for me. I liked the eye liner at first, but more than half of it had worn off by after about 6-7 hours. The BB Cusion is actually pretty neat. I think I may like it! Smiley Happy

Ipsy June.jpg

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Were you shorted the extra sample too or did you get all of yours?  My replacement is due in today, so I hope it contains the missing one this time.

(0) Hearts

Oop - No it wasn't shorted. But the sample you were shorted is really tiny. (Because that matters?)

(0) Hearts

I cannot wait to see it now.  It will be crazy if I had them replace it and it arrives and is a one time use.  I had no idea how big it was going to be though, because I never saw it.  I am going to log into the other site to see if someone has a picture of the size there, because I am too impatient to wait another hour or so for mine to be delivered.

(0) Hearts

June - Beauty Box 5

(I received this box for free, I won't be subscribing)

image.jpg

June - TopBox (Canadian)

image.jpg

June - Ipsy 

image.jpg

(0) Hearts

I hate Beauty Box 5! I subscribed for a while; every month I hoped it would get better. But every month I was disappointed. I did get a couple things here and there that I wound up liking (I actually liked the Vitabath, although I received a different scent.) I never understand it when I see people saying they love them. O.o

My Ipsy was the same as yours except I got the BB Cusion... thing... instead of the mascara. I wasn't sure what to make of it, but I think I like it Smiley Happy And I was surprised to find that I like the NYX color quite a bit. Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

I find you get what you pay for with Beauty Box 5 and it's nothing special.

I really liked Ipsy this month Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Nicole Ritchie ACTUALLY makes a EDP or an EDT ???   I have never seen nor heard of it. That definitely can not be a high - end product. WOW, I guess anyone can market and put out a fragrance or make up these days....

My Birchbox arrived a few days ago:

20140609_181329.jpg

I'm pretty happy with it. The lip pencil is such a pretty color, and right now I'm kind of obsessed with purples. And even though I'm a bit tired of the hair product samples, I kind of love that I got a 3-in-1 product (shampoo, conditioner, and some kind of conditioning milk thingy...) because I can do individual reviews...= 70 points for this month's reviews!! Smiley Very Happy

Also, after seeing Noncreative's Julep box below, I caved and subscribed, lol (used a promo and got it for free and just paid shipping). It came in pretty quickly:

20140613_002331.jpg

Pretty colors, and I'm excited to try the blush. I'm not sure what those rough spongy things are for, lol. Pretty happy with this box, BUT after reading the fine print on Julep, I was surprised to find out that I can skip a box only after 6 months of membership. Based on what I had heard/read here and there I was under the impression that you could skip whenever, which is why I joined. I didn't realize that the 1x-every-6-months thing was a new policy for newer members, so I'm kind of disappointed with that. $20/month is a lot for a predominantly nail polish subscription (at least for me) and I was hoping to do it only every other month or something. I'll wait til the next box revealing comes up, see if any of the boxes appeal to me, otherwise I need to call and cancel. :-( Sorry, /Julep rant, lol.

Just leaves Glossybox and Ipsy for June, but I'm going out of town so I'm going to miss their arrival! Oh, the anguish at being many miles away from one's unopened subscription boxes!!

(0) Hearts

I got that lipstick in my Birchbox last month, and I love it.

Yay to getting a Julep box.  I think those orange things are buffers, but I have not used mine yet.  I really want to try a blush from them.  Please let me know what you think of the blush.

I agree the rules for new members stink.  I am probably going to get one more box (since I paid for three) and cancel.  I may join again down the road, but I agree with you on acquiring the nail polish.

(0) Hearts

The orange sponge blocks are indeed nail buffers. I had to research that. When I got my first box I was wondering what the heck they were.

I cancelled after two months when I found out about the no skipping. I don't use that much nail polish. 

I am trading Maria the black eyeliner for her blue, but here is my Ipsy bag.

Ipsy June 2014.jpg

(0) Hearts

This is the second month in a row that Sample Society shorted me a sample.  No other box has ever done that.  Go Sample Society, no really, go.  I almost cancelled.  The repSample Society June 2014.jpg talked me into giving them another shot.

I'm not super pleased with this box --- primarily skin care products again! And a Nicole Richie perfume sample? No thanks. That's not a "high-end" product to me, which I thought Sample Society was primarily focusing on. I sent them an e-mail encouraging them to give us more variety by also incorporating more cosmetics. If I get one more box with primarily skincare, I'm cancelling. I can only go through this stuff so fast without irritating my skin by using too many different skincare products.

(0) Hearts

I was super disappointed in the lack of variety in this box too.  How do they send four facial moisturizers (well three in my case, because they shorted me a moisturizer) and two perfumes in the same box?  Seems crazy to me.  Plus, I am pretty certain I told all of my boxes I am not into perfume.  Receiving two in one box seems like a blatant disregard of my wishes.  They have one more chance to keep my business.

(0) Hearts

I received this exact same box and I feel the very same as you. FOUR moisturizers?? Yeesh. - And the Pur~lisse turned my skin bright red!! WTF? The redness faded after about 30-45 minutes, but until it did it looked like someone had been slapping me silly. O.o Meanwhile, it's a moisturizer. For sensitive skin!! Anyhoo... And yeah, I'm not into fragrances either. Smiley Tongue

This was my second Sample Society box. They get one more chance with me and then I'm cancelling! (And by one I probably mean three or four since I'm terrible about cancelling.)

(0) Hearts

Oh my goodness.  That is terrible about the Purlisse.  I got one in my Ipsy bag last month too, so I am not looking forward to trying either bottle yet.  I have an incredibly large stockpile and try to use samples in order.  The new ones will portably take a long time for me to try.  The more I look at the piles, the more I think I do not need 5 boxes.

(0) Hearts

Define "need"

(0) Hearts

Exactly.  I want them, but I do not need them.  When you accumulate more stuff than you can use before it expires, it may be time to rethink things.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments