chupi

Subscription box photo sharing

I've been on the Ipsy waiting list, but still look at the thread. I thought we could have a shared thread from all the subscription boxes (including non-beauty ones likes underpants and lifestyle such as Wantable and POPSugar). That way we can live vicariously through each others goodies!

(I know there are unboxing videos on YouTube, but I do not have the patience to sit through a five minute video about someone apologizing for the state of their hair. And I know there are blogs where I can see photos, but everyone usually gets different items in their boxes)

crayzeeRN

Re: Subscription box photo sharing

(0) Hearts

Awesome, thanks for the reply! This is my first time trying Glossybox :smileyhappy:

kittichick

(0) Hearts

I want to try Glossybox but I can't quite bring myself to pay $21/mo. I figure I'll start with Sample Society (once my BB5 account wonkiness is resolved), then Glossybox might not seem like too much.

Yes, I plan on tricking myself into a Glossybox subscription. :smileywink:

chupi

(0) Hearts

I had Sample Society but cancelled. Didn't find the stuff they sent me to be "luxury" 

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Oh, and Ipsy! - If you have a strong preference for luxury brands, my limited experience (Jan will be my third box) tells me that Ipsy may not be for you. I've received mostly low-end brands so far, although they seem to be some of the better lower end brands, like NYX and Pop. I'd be happy to never receive another Be A Bombshell product again, though. 

chupi

(0) Hearts

I got four free NYX products from Little Black Bag. Does that brand even make any money?

kittichick

(0) Hearts

I've never heard of Little Black Bag! Huh.

kittichick

(0) Hearts

That's how I feel about BB5. (Jergens? Really?)

I'm surprised to hear that about Sample Society, though! Dangit. 

AthenaBolina

(0) Hearts

I completely forgot to take pics of my boxes! I have two subscriptions, and then accidentally got myself a gift sub when I meant to get it for my sister in law, so I have three at the moment.  Next month I will be my last month of three.

Here's what I got:

Box 1- I have a yearly sub on this one

birchbox1.jpgThe cleanser I was super excited for! I'm going to use it for the first time tonight.  The headband I got was in the purple, green and blue.  The foil packets...I am sick of getting these **bleep** things.  It's only a one time use. ugh.  I did get TWO foil packets, so I guess I can use it twice? I love trying out new mascara, so this will be fun to use.  I hope it has staying power, but I'm not counting on it.

This is box #2, my 2nd yearly Sub

birchbox2.jpg

I was super super excited to get the nail rock.  I got it in the purple color too.  I hate viva la juicy, and I don't know how many times I have received that perfume from Birchbox.  I'd rather never get perfume.  I can't use the burts bees because it's for dry skin, and I have oily skin :/ They sent me two of them by accident, so I guess I can use it for my body.  I am excited to use the hair cream though, I always get flyaways.

Box #3

This was my gift sub, my least favorite box. It kind of sucked lol

birchbox3.jpg

seriously...tea? and a VERY SMALL dinky container of lotion? ugh. I can use the shampoo/cond for traveling I suppose.  Oh well, you cant win all the boxes, right?

I like birchbox a lot, but after my yearly subs run out, I may just only keep one instead of two.

kittichick

(0) Hearts

These all seem like decent if not great boxes, imo. Each has good and meh items. And I'm amazed that with three subs, you only got one duplication!!

I got the tea too and I hate tea. :smileytongue: Oh well. 

chupi

(0) Hearts

You get three?! Holy moly!

AthenaBolina

(0) Hearts

Normally only two lol.  The gift one was only a 3 month sub :-) I really don't need or want three. Even two is too much so once my year is up, I will only keep one :-)

kittichick

[ Edited ]

Aaaand this is my Beauty Box 5. There was also a pair of exfoliating gloves (by "Swissco"), which I'm actually keen to try out, and an H2O "Sea Lotus" body wash.

There's a Nubar cuticle oil, which I like. I'm over nail polishes for now so I was happy when I realized it was nail care, not polish. And that "That Awkward Moment" thins is a suuuper cheap mirror.

This may have been the best box I've received from them, which should tell you why I've been planning on cancelling it.

upload_827398767833368112.jpg

melde

Dude, I actually like that Jergens lotion (I think that is the one) but I usually buy it from the dollar bin in Target!! I like to keep it in my car!! But in a subscription box??

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Right? I don't have a problem with drug store brands in general - there are some really good products out there. But these boxes are supposed to be for special, luxurious, fun types of products. 

Dangit.

kittichick

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Here is my January Birchbox. There were three tea bags, but I hate tea so I gave two of them to the bf. The Inika loose eye shadow is a lovely (if a bit shimmery for me) slate-blue-gray.

upload_4550887124580269122.jpg

upload_6889555023211363177.jpg

upload_6247492471065371716.jpg

chupi

I'm surprised I didn't get tea this month! What's up with them and tea?

kittichick

(0) Hearts

I do NOT know about the tea. O.o ... I guess it seems like a nice, homey, ... I dunno. I can see some people liking it. It's the first time I've received tea from them, so I'm not super bugged by it.

I'm def interested in the cleanser, though, even if it's just because the presentation was so awesome. I am such a sucker for spiffy packaging. 

chupi

I am jealous of that cleanser + cloth! At least I didn't get any little dinky hair ties for my short hair...

kittichick

(0) Hearts

I got the hair tie last month, and I actually like the thing! I know I'm in the minority, but for me it's just the right size for a ponytail and it is indeed prettier than the hair elastic I perpetually have on my wrist. :smileyhappy:

chupi

(0) Hearts

Yes, they are pretty, but man do they not last. I use the headband version.

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Ooh, uh oh. I'll have to take a back-up with me, then. Thanks for the heads up!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 821 replies
  • 612 hearts
  • 117 in conversation
    • kalex
    • lovinglondon
    • DTalksAll
    • michelleshops
    • killahbabe
    • hydee77