Post your recent hauls!

officegal

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  :smileyvery-happy:

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

mermadelove

Re: Post your recent hauls!

Ok so it is now 9 hours later and my makeup still looks great. I attribute this at least partially to the fact that I finished off with my brand new UD All Nighter Makeup setting spray. Usually I find that the Tarte cheek stain I use vanishes after about 5 hours. I like a very natural look so I only put on three relatively thin layers, so that may be why. Today I used the new Tarte Amazonian Clay blush and it looks as good now as when I put it on. IT's supposed to be a 12 hour blush, but like I said, I used the UDAN spray as well.

I really like my makeup look today. It's a composite of new haul, TSB 1 products I swapped and shop your own stash products.

I used UDPP in Greed ( shimmering gold) as a base and highlight at the browbone and under my eyes, tokikdoki dark gold and copper from the robbery palette that I haven't used in a few months on my lower lid and upper lashline respectively, brand spanking new UD 24/7 eye pencils in delinquent ( outer upper and lower lash line) and morphine upper inner lashline. Absolutely love this look, especially with the dark and light purple blending into one another for upper lid eyeliner over the copper and gold. So wish I had a higher resolution camera so that I could share this look with you!
On my lips I used Tarte lip stain in Enchanted. The color lasted through breakfast without moving, which impressed me. , I found that the stain lasted about 4-6 hours before I had to reapply it. Once it was off my lips were a little dry, but when I reapplied, they got moisturized again. This also happens for me with Korres lip butters. So far, the only lip glosses I have found that leave my lips better than they started are UD pocket Rocket and Buxom.

After the Tarte Lip stain came off the second time, I used a coppery Laura Mercier gloss I hauled from TSB one.

I'll let you know how that wore!

:smileyhappy:

daisy346

This is all so interesting! I've had my eye on that Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush. I don't know how long I can hold off on buying it....aaghhhh. I'm trying to cut out small purchases & get the Clarisonic. Seeing that pic made me want it even more! Let us know how it works, serendipity.

I'm a little late, but re: returns- do you think that's true, that they have to throw out opened products? I always imagined they can use them for testers. I've never returned an opened product...the only time I've returned is when I bought something I didn't really need & had buyer's remorse. However, I like knowing I have the option of returning an opened product if it breaks me out or looks really bad on. I think there are a lot of people who abuse the system though.

katie1724

[ Edited ]

daisy346 wrote:

This is all so interesting! I've had my eye on that Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush. I don't know how long I can hold off on buying it....aaghhhh. I'm trying to cut out small purchases & get the Clarisonic. Seeing that pic made me want it even more! Let us know how it works, serendipity.

I'm a little late, but re: returns- do you think that's true, that they have to throw out opened products? I always imagined they can use them for testers. I've never returned an opened product...the only time I've returned is when I bought something I didn't really need & had buyer's remorse. However, I like knowing I have the option of returning an opened product if it breaks me out or looks really bad on. I think there are a lot of people who abuse the system though.

I am so quote-happy right now. Anyway, daisy -- I am in the same boat! I want that Clarisonic so badly (I always thought it was so expensive...until I realized that I could have bought about 5 Clarisonic systems with the money I was spending on miscellaneous cosmetics and skincare over a few-month period (okay, maybe not five, but you get the idea)). However, I keep finding things that I want, both skincare and cosmetics! Aggh!

...and re: returns, I would love to know for sure (moderators?). Perhaps the cashier was just trying to scare me? The thing was, I really hadn't used it. It would makes sense to me to re-sell the obviously unused / sealed products...and then the swatched or gently used ones could be sterilized and turned into testers...(or put to some other use?). I don't know...it just seems like a huge waste to throw everything away, especially the barely-used items. I have a few that I'm dying to return, but I don't feel good knowing they'd be thrown away (nor do I want to be on the receiving end of the caustic side-eye from the cashier :smileytongue:).

: )

daisy346

I don't see why they couldn't use the stuff for testers....when they put testers out, it's not like they get sterilized after each person uses them. Multiple people are using them.

That's good to know, serendipity. If When I get mine, I'll be sure to register it to get the coupon. Keep us posted....there are several of us here drooling over your Clarisonic :smileyhappy:

serendipity01

I used the Clarisonic for the first time last night.  I normally use Philosophy's Purity, followed by Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash every night, and that leaves my skin feeling smooth.  So, when reading through all the Clarisonic reviews that said that the brush made their skin feel so smooth, I was thinking - well, so does my exfoliator.  Anyway, I got it anyway and last night I planned on using the Clarisonic on "low" and only using Purity.  First of all, I kinda screwed up on the whole timer/beeping thing.  I knew that I was going to do my forehead (20 seconds) first, but then I couldn't remember if that was followed by the 10 seconds for each cheek or the 20 second nose/chin.  I had a 50/50 chance of guessing correctly, but luck was not in my favor and I did it wrong.  Not a big deal.  After using purity, I was not all that impressed by the way that my skin felt, so I used it again, this time with the microdelivery exfoliating wash (and I got the beeping/timer thing right the 2nd time.  haha).  After using the Clarisonic w/ the exfoliator, then my skin definitely felt smoother when I use my hands. 

I'll need to experiment with it for a while.  I'm not sure what I like better... trying to distribute the facial clenser on my face using my hands first, or putting the cleanser directly on the Clarisonic brush.  Over time, I'll probably experiment with the diferent speeds and maybe try the "normal" brush head too (mine came with "sensitive").  Also, I felt like I kept getting soap in my eyes, since I was doing the forehead first, the suds were dribbling down into my eyes the whole time.  If anybody has tips, please share!

By the way, when you register your Clairsonic online, they'll email a coupon for $25 off $50 at their site... I'm going to use it on getting replacement brush heads.  :smileyhappy:

mermadelove

serendipity01 wrote:

I used the Clarisonic for the first time last night.  I normally use Philosophy's Purity, followed by Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash every night, and that leaves my skin feeling smooth.  So, when reading through all the Clarisonic reviews that said that the brush made their skin feel so smooth, I was thinking - well, so does my exfoliator.  Anyway, I got it anyway and last night I planned on using the Clarisonic on "low" and only using Purity.  First of all, I kinda screwed up on the whole timer/beeping thing.  I knew that I was going to do my forehead (20 seconds) first, but then I couldn't remember if that was followed by the 10 seconds for each cheek or the 20 second nose/chin.  I had a 50/50 chance of guessing correctly, but luck was not in my favor and I did it wrong.  Not a big deal.  After using purity, I was not all that impressed by the way that my skin felt, so I used it again, this time with the microdelivery exfoliating wash (and I got the beeping/timer thing right the 2nd time.  haha).  After using the Clarisonic w/ the exfoliator, then my skin definitely felt smoother when I use my hands. 

I'll need to experiment with it for a while.  I'm not sure what I like better... trying to distribute the facial clenser on my face using my hands first, or putting the cleanser directly on the Clarisonic brush.  Over time, I'll probably experiment with the diferent speeds and maybe try the "normal" brush head too (mine came with "sensitive").  Also, I felt like I kept getting soap in my eyes, since I was doing the forehead first, the suds were dribbling down into my eyes the whole time.  If anybody has tips, please share!

By the way, when you register your Clairsonic online, they'll email a coupon for $25 off $50 at their site... I'm going to use it on getting replacement brush heads.  :smileyhappy:

I prefer using the cleanser on the brush. You might do better with the regular head than the sensitive head. I thought the regular head would be too harsh because they had the option for sensitive and delicate, but I've found that the regular head is DEFINITELY gentle enough to use with an exfoliator. I only exfoliate with microbeads, not shells or husks or anything with jagged edges, because I find that very harsh and potentially damaging. I didn't think the Purity was foamy. Were the suds from the microdelivery wash? I have the mia, so it doesn't beep or have adjustable settings. I just start out doing my cheeks and work my nose, forehead, neck  and chin into it as I see fit. I don't count or anything. I use Korres 3-in-1 Milk Proteins Cleansing Emulsion alternately with Neutrogena Naturals Pore Purifying Scrub with my Mia.

serendipity01

@mermadelove - I'm thinking I will try the regular/normal brush head next time, instead of the sensitive.  And by the way, they have limited edition brush heads that have a pink circle on the bristles, instead of the usual black (at the clarisonic website).  I'm definitely using my $25 off coupon to get one of those!  :smileyhappy:

The instructions for the Clarisonic said to apply the cleanser "liberally", so maybe I was a little too liberal and ended up with soap running into my eyes.  Purity lathers more than the microdelivery wash (which does't lather at all), but you're right that it's not foamy... I think I just had too much  .:smileyindifferent:

mermadelove

@serendipity: I made the mistake of buying two delicate brush heads when I bought my mia during the F&F sale. Seeing as how the standard brush is gentle enough for me, I think the delicate ones will be way too gentle to be effective for me. I think I'll throw them in the next TSB I'm involved in.

daisy346

Neutrogena Naturals Pore Purifying Scrub?? I like the sounds of that! I'll have to run to a store & look at it. Just as if I NEED something new...

mermadelove

@daisy346: At least it won't break the bank at $7.99 for a 4oz tube. It smells fresh, but not overpowering and it's really gentle, but really works. I actually love it and will probably not replace it with something more expensive unless they change the formula. It's nice to get something that really works and that isn't bad for you at the drugstore!

Last week it took me three different stores to find a paraben and mineral oil free hand salve or cream. (I was getting 'nurse in the winter' hands)I finally ended up with Burt's Bees. It works really well and smells great!

daisy346

I'm sold! I have to try the Neutrogena! I love Burts Bees products....in particular the lip balm. I used to always have terribly chapped lips in the winter time...then I'd chew them....it was bad. I tried all kinds of different things, both expensive & non, but nothing worked until my bf got me a tube of Burt's Bees lip balm. It's annoying when a man who has no interest in beauty products & hardly uses any himself, can solve a beauty problem that I can't! And me a VIB! How humilating. But I'm very grateful because a year later, still no chapped lips.

serendipity01

@daisy346 - My bf thinks that I shop at Sephora too much.  :smileysad:  But I bought him Anthony Logistics shaving cream and the Matte For Men lip balm and he loves them both!  (I tried that shaving cream on my legs by the way, and it's awesome)  When I told him about the Clarisonic, he said that he wanted to see a "peer reviewed journal" with a studying showing why it was better.  So I told him that I'd look for something online.  And he said that I shouldn't trust what was online and so he looked in some database of journals (he's a doctor) and only one result came up and it was written by someone from the Clarisonic company, so he still didn't trust it.  Oh well, I bought it anyway, but I haven't told him yet.  LOL. 

sephoramusthave

Today I bought...

1. Origins Rain and Shine Liptint with SPF 10 in Razzleberry (for moi)

2. Origins Rain and Shine Liptint with SPF 10 in Plum Perfect (for gift)

Both are gorgeous Christmas red lipsticks. The Razzleberry is brighter and the Plum Perfect is warmer. 

melissabt

Hi Officegal,

Great choice of blush! It is my favorite. I bought 2 since it's limited edition. :smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
officegal

waterbaby1981 wrote:

@officegal: does that Essie Aruba Blue look as pretty on nails as it does in the bottle?  I'm seriously considering picking that up next time I hit Target!  It's a gorgeous color.

To be honest, I bought it way back when and still haven't tried it yet. *blush* I'm a sucker for sparkly blue polishes even though I don't wear it frequently on my fingertips. I thought that it would be a nice lighter alternative to Chanel Blue Satin. But now I also have Dior Tuxedo and probably need to commit myself to nail polish rehab!

gnarlymarley

How can you not get swept up in a sephora store! Thats why I like shopping online, better reviews from acutal people! So I picked out what I wanted from Sephora.com and then went into the store in the mall at Beaverton, Oregon and forgot my list, but remembered excatly what I needed! Didn't forget anything, that's a big sucess  for me! Anyways This is what I purchased

+Laura Mercier Secret Camo  SE-3 ( perfect for my skin tone)

+ Prime Time Foundation Primer From bareMinerals in Brightening

+ Make-up for ever HD High def powder (liked smashbox halo but too expensive)

+ Fresh Super Nova Mascara ( got sample loved it)

+ Urban Defense Tinited Moisturizer in Halo ( not close to running out but I like a back up)

+ Too Faced Soliel Matte Bronzer ( real coco powder)

+ Smith's Lip Balm Minted Rose

+ Sephora Brand Red lip liner (lost on lip liner grabed a cheap one)

+Sephora brand Black eyeliner stick (same as above)

serendipity01

@marinaanne147 - awww, I love Buxom lipglosses!  I don't use a ton of lipgloss (I apply it in the morning, but typically don't re-apply it throughout the day), but from the lipgloss brands that I've tried so far, Buxom has been my favorite.  Same with their mascara... it's my favorite from what I've tried so far!
marinaanne147

@serendipity01: Buxom Mascara is my favorite! So when I went to repurchase it about 5 months ago, I ordered the Sweet Escape Set! It is a TOTALLY amazing deal! :smileyvery-happy: But I'm super upset because I lost the lipgloss! I've looked everywhere for it! :smileysad: It's an awesome set though - you'll love it!

langwidere

I just tried the Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray. I didn't expect it to work because I have long hair, but surprisingly, it did add some soft waves to the ends of my hair. I thought the $23 price was a little steep, but I have been enjoying this product.
xoxojuliex3xoxo

Well, the last time I went to Sephora, I just purchased a gift for my friend, so I got:

Kat von D Shady Bronzer

Urban Decay Black Pallete

Korres Quince Lip Butter

And I received the MUFE VIB Set for free.

But, when I went shopping for myself (It's already been over a month! xD.), I purchased:

NARS Cream Eyeshadow in El Dorado

NARS Cream Eyeshadow in Corfu

NARS Blush in Desire 

NARS Blush in New Order

NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Carthage

Sephora Face Primer (It's pink, and it was on sale for $8!)

Tokidoki Prism Lip Gloss in Rocketeer

Tarina Tarantino Lip Gloss in Electric Butterfly

Sephora by OPI Nail Polish in Caribbean Cocktail

serendipity01

I just placed an order at sephora online, and here's what I ordered:

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (travel size)

Bare Escentuals Sweet Escape set -- this is an amazing deal.  It's $15 for a full sized Buxom mascara, full sized Buxom lip gloss, and I think two full sized BE eye shadows!

Philosophy Cheers body wash

Benefit Some kind-a gorgeous - I haven't tried this before

and I used the code VINOSPF code to get the Caudalie Vinoperfect SPF15 sample tube. 

I can't wait to get it!  Normally it takes over a week to get to me though.  :smileytongue:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 967 replies
  • 1474 hearts
  • 118 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • kalex
    • runy