Post your recent hauls!

officegal

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  :smileyvery-happy:

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

geminibreeze

Re: Post your recent hauls!

@Kimmi THe Elysium palette I got is  reallllly good. I got the one in (lol) Kimberly. I hope KVD expands this giving back line. They are so portable it's great! I'm on a huggge purple kick right now, and I even like this one better then my Sue Devitt Palette, because it's not that shimmery, and can be used every day. I was templed by the Evelyn, but the colors in it prolly would look okay indvidually, but not all in one for me. The Kimberely colors work verrry well together. Only need to pack one small palette lol

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

@geminibreeze  I think her giving back idea was wonderful!  It was also neat how she worked with the kids to design the palette's artwork.  I have the Truth palette and one of her lipsticks.  I really want to get more of her lipsticks.  And the Kimberly palette lol.  Not just for the name, but because I love purples. 

jxw200

yay i'm glad you guys like kat von d and the elysium palettes. I thought they were really cute & i love the idea it supports. i think i'm giving it to my friend for christmas :smileyhappy: (that's what i've decided this weekend)

I think i'm going to order something before the sale is over tonight... i can't decide!

kimmi1115

@jxw200  You could always stock up on items from the sale section!  There's usually some amazing deals, there.

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

Okay most of these are Christmas gifts for other people so no judging!

1. Origins Never a Dull Moment Cleanser

2. L'occitane Ultra Rich Face Cream

3. L'occitane Ultra Rich Face Soap

4. Origins A Perfect World Cleanser

5. Clarins Lipstick in 05

6. The Balm and The Beautiful Palette

7. Origins Modern Friction

8. Origins Youthtopia Cream

9. Origins Youthtopia Serum

10. The Balm Cranberry Invigorating Eye Cream

11. Le Petit Olivier Day Cream

12. Le Petit Olivier Anti Aging Cream

13. Le Petit Oliver Night Balm

14. Origins Youthtopia Eye Cream

15. Origins Plantscription Eye Treatment

16. David Babaii Hydrating Shampoo

17. Nature's Gate Oh What a Night Cream

18. The Balm White Tea Almond Microdermabrasion Face Exfoliating Scrub

19. The Balm White Tea Blueberry Face Treatment Mask

20. Ecotools Bamboo Eye Shadow Brush #1203

21. The Balm Timebalm Concealer in Light

22. The Balm Sexy Mama Powder

23. The Balm Liquid TimeBalm Spot Concealer in Fair

24. TheBalm Balmshelter Tinted Moisturizer

25. TheBalm Cheater Mascara

26. TheBalm Shady Lady Eyeshadow in Caught in the Act Courtney

27. The Balm Shady Lady Eyeshadow in Shameless Shana

28. The Balm Overshadow Mineral Shadow in No Money, No Honey

29. The Balm Hot Mama Blush

30. The Balm Balm Shelter Lipgloss in Pin Up Girl

31. The Balm Hot Ticket Nailpolish in Better Off Red

kimmi1115

@sephoramusthave  Awesome TheBalm haul! :smileyvery-happy: If their skincare products are as a gift, you'll have to get a review from the person about them lol.  The cranberry eye cream sounds really interesting.  The fact that I'm currently addicted to the Sierra Mist diet cranberry soda doesn't help much either lol.  I cannot say enough praise for the TimeBalm concealer!  Or Ecotools.  A couple of my Sephora brushes have shed a tiny bit, but not my Ecotools ones. 

sephoramusthave

Thanks! Most of these are gifts, including the TheBalm mask, scrub and eye cream, and all the other eye creams and treatments on the list are gifts as well. I am making beauty baskets or giftboxes for a few people so most of this isnt for me. I have to admit though, I have a hard time not wanting to keep all of it! Haha!

I am actually *obsessing* over my Ecotools brush right now. Its perfect, exactly what I've been looking for. Its fantastic for all over the lid, it can get into the corners and can be used with liners with the tip top. I'm having a hard time finding a good close up pic of it...the picture really doesnt do it justice. Its wide and fluffy and oh so soft. It doesnt shed at all and I got it for $3.99 at Walgreens.

This is actually my very first eye shadow brush that I have purchased. I have some useless ones that came in kits that I hate and never use and I like applying my makeup with my fingers because there's no fall out when I just swipe it on. I didnt have a need for a brush until now because I bought a mineral eyeshadow from the balm and you cant apply those with your fingers haha! But get this, its a very glittery/shimmery loose powder shadow, and I loaded up this brush with it, DIDNT tap off the excess and I had zero fallout on my face. LOVE LOVE LOVE this brush.

kimmi1115

I'm glad you like your Ecotools brush!  From this picture, it looks like one that came in the travel eye brush set I have.  I gave it to my mom when she started wearing makeup again to use with her single shadows.  It was hard to do lol.  It worked that well with a loose shadow?!  That's amazing!  I've not used mine with any loose shadows.  Then again, I only have a sample of a BE shadow that I use from time to time.  If only Ecotools would come out with Holiday giftsets, too! lol

sephoramusthave

If you go to Ulta or Target Ecotools actually has tons of brush sets/kits but I only needed this one brush. I have a ton of brushes because I used to be a religious BE user but lately I've only been using 3, and one of those is my new Ecotools one. Next time youre in store though, pick up a few different "bamboo eye shadow brushes" because when I picked up 2, same name, same number, they looked completely different to me. One was shorter, wider and fluffier and the other one was thinner and longer. I'm just talking about the bristles. Its interesting, but if you catch that go with the wide, fluffy shorter one.

sephoramusthave

Okay I've highlighted the things for my recent haul that I've decided to keep for myself. *deep breath* :smileyvery-happy:

1. Origins Never a Dull Moment Cleanser

2. L'occitane Ultra Rich Face Cream

3. L'occitane Ultra Rich Face Soap

4. Origins A Perfect World Cleanser

5. Clarins Lipstick in 05

6. The Balm and The Beautiful Palette

7. Origins Modern Friction

8. Origins Youthtopia Cream

9. Origins Youthtopia Serum

10. The Balm Cranberry Invigorating Eye Cream

11. Le Petit Olivier Day Cream

12. Le Petit Olivier Anti Aging Cream

13. Le Petit Oliver Night Balm

14. Origins Youthtopia Eye Cream

15. Origins Plantscription Eye Treatment

16. David Babaii Hydrating Shampoo

17. Nature's Gate Oh What a Night Cream

18. The Balm White Tea Almond Microdermabrasion Face Exfoliating Scrub

19. The Balm White Tea Blueberry Face Treatment Mask

20. Ecotools Bamboo Eye Shadow Brush #1203

21. The Balm Timebalm Concealer in Light

22. The Balm Sexy Mama Powder

23. The Balm Liquid TimeBalm Spot Concealer in Fair

24. TheBalm Balmshelter Tinted Moisturizer

25. TheBalm Cheater Mascara

26. TheBalm Shady Lady Eyeshadow in Caught in the Act Courtney

27. The Balm Shady Lady Eyeshadow in Shameless Shana

28. The Balm Overshadow Mineral Shadow in No Money, No Honey

29. The Balm Hot Mama Blush

30. The Balm Balm Shelter Lipgloss in Pin Up Girl

31. The Balm Hot Ticket Nailpolish in Better Off Red

This looks like half....okay its 16/31...thats a lot more than what I thought I would keep. I have enough stuff to make at least 3 little beauty giftsets as Christmas gifts and thats really all I need. *Very* few people in my life use makeup and skincare.

prettyinpa

[ Edited ]

@sephoramusthave- Nice haul!  I think you'll enjoy your skincare items, I always figure that skincare is soo important, go for it!

P.S. You are such an excellent shopper!  This is not meant as a judgement either, I think you did great on your Holiday list.

sephoramusthave

Thank you prettyinpa! Half of it is for gifting, I want to make beauty kits and baskets for some people and I hope that they like it!

I still have my $15 giftcard and know what I want to get with it. :smileyvery-happy:

shyvicki

I'm posting my last two hauls:

haul 1 was Tarte Smooth Operator Tinted Moisturizer and Clinique Liquid Facial Soap for Oily Skin. I'm running low on the tinted moisturizer and face wash I'm using now. I wanted another bottle of Body Shop Tea Tree Face Wash but for some reason Sephora is no longer selling it.

haul is Smashbox Snap! You're Fab lip gloss set and Too Faced Romantic Eye Shadow Collection. I had tried resisting getting these for as long as I could but getting my $20 VIB gift card gave me a good excuse to break down and get them. They should be arriving at my door after the weeked. Can't wait.

marinaanne147

This haul isn't from Sephora because every year around Christmas time my grandmother will take my cousin and I shopping at Bloomingdales. She doesn't really give us a specific amount of money, but draws the line wherever she wants to. I spent almost all of my money at MAC as I don't have an actual MAC Store near me, Sephora doesn't sell MAC, and the MAC at my Bloomies is huge!

Here is what I ended up hauling:

1. MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush

2. MAC 219 Pencil Brush

3. MAC Amber Lights Eyeshadow

4. MAC Rich Ground Fluidline

5. Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Cream Shadow in 86 Ébloui

I'm so happy with my haul and so excited to use this stuff! 

prettyinpa

@marinaanne-  I absolutely adore the MAC Fluidline in Rich Ground. It is my HG liner, it just goes with about all shadow colors I wear and if I am careful to put the lid on tight, I actually use it up before expiration, which is amazing for me because I am so fickle.

Those MAC brushes will become your absolute faves also, I have had some of my MAC brushes for over 5 years and they are still as good as new.

Excellent haul!

marinaanne147

@prettyinpa- I'm so excited to try it! It's absolutely gorgeous! It is actually my first gel liner and I'm planning on applying it my MAC 263 Angled Liner brush. I'm not exactly sure how to though! Help please!

You actually finished it? Multiple times? Wow. That's impressive. I'm so proud/happy to own one of your HG liners!

Those two brushes were my 5th and 6th MAC brushes. I adore my MAC brushes, they are such good quality! The oldest of mine I've had for a little less than a year. The 168 is my 1st face brush though! I haven't used it yet. I used the 219 today for my inner corner highlight and to smudge Amber Lights on my lower lashline. Loved it! It's a rather firm brush but I think thats definitely a good thing when it comes to pencil brushes.

Thank you so much!

prettyinpa

@marinaanne-  I apply the Fluidline with an angled brush if I want a thicker line, like doing kitten eye and a use a little skinny brush that I got at an art store if I want to do a thin line. It's easy to apply, while learning dampen one of those pointy Q-tips with a non-oily makeup remover and keep close by in case you have a wiggle or mistake. The nice thing about Fluidline is that it doesn't harden up immediately so if you goof you have some time to fix it. It also smudges nicely if you want to, just don't wait too long- if it dries, it's budgeproof. Removes easily with regular makeup remover, you don't need harsh stuff to get it off like you do with some waterproof eye liners. I would say MAC Fluidline is water resistant, I have had it disappear while swimming, though it never gave raccoon eyes. To apply, I prop my elbow on the vanity or sink counter to keep my arm steady and paint from inner eye to outer, though some people go in the other direction. Whatever direction you are used to using with pencils, stay with it.

Yep, I've gone through a number of little pots of this, it is one of the few makeup items that I reach for all the time. Plus when you are done, you can take your container(s) back to MAC, 6 of them will net you a free shadow or lipstick! I usually can do this at least once a year since I use a bunch of their products. 

marinaanne147

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the tips prettyinpa! I'll try them out this weekend!

I've heard of B2M and I already have one product ready for it, a mascara I finished a while ago. The next to go will be a Dazzleglass on my 10 Pan list.

I still haven't spent my $20 VIB giftcard and it expires tomorrow! AH! So Scared! I think I'll go to Sephora after school tomorrow or order online if I can't go but my wishlist is so long I'm not sure what to get. I'm thinking of just getting two blushes that I've been wanting, NARS Sin and Tarte Natural Beauty. But I also really want the Urban Decay Naked Eye Pencil Set...Should I get one blush and that set? It would be a bit more money but I'm OK with that. If I did do that I think I'd go with Sin as the blush as thats more of a winter blush. However I do already have one NARS Blush and I've been really wanting to try out the Tarte blushes....

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

Okay went to Sephora today ( and used my $15 Sephora giftcard!) and got....

1. Dior Holiday Eye Palette

Dior Holiday 2011 Eye Palette

2. Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in Little Red Dress

jxw200

Then you should try Chane lipsticksl! To me they are just super luxurious and everyonr deserves one (at least) if they can afford it lol. Maybe even if they cant lol! In any event they do have some gorgeous shades & you can always purchase at Nordstrom for their return policy just in case :smileyhappy: also the ysl lipsticks I've tried were nice & super pigmented! I got one in a holiday gift set last year but I knew my best friend would love it more so I included it in her box of goodies for Christmas. Sometimes I wish I kept it but that's only lately as I'm exploring lipstick again.

Oh I picked up a loreal infallible cream shadow and based on the swatch it seemed pretty on par with many cream shadows out there. I picked iced latte, a shimmery champagne shade. The pigment was great with just a light dab, maybe I'll wear it tomorrow and let you know what I think. I don't have as much experience with cream shadows as you do but it doesn't hurt to try it for about $9 right?
sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Thank you for sharing what you know about Chanel. So far my favorite luxe brand is Dior. I want a red lipstick from YSL. I tried 3 in store last time I went and I honestly had a hard time choosing which one I like more. And the formula is like no other.

I didnt play around with the Dior Holiday Eye Palette tester all that much, I just swatched the formulas on my hands. I had eye makeup on already (I was messing around with Benefit first) and I didnt feel like taking a bunch of those cotton pads and removing everything. That swatch I posted here is EXACTLY how the colors really are. The third eyeshadow, the lightest color is completely different in texture then the first two. Its frosty which I didnt expect but its shimmery and gorgeous, very holiday. The other shadows are very soft and creamy and pigmented and the liner is super black (especially on my fair winter skin).

I'm a big lipstick person. I dont own very many (lol) but I much prefer them to lipgloss. I've tried hundreds of glosses and honestly only have 2 that I like (Dior Ultra Gloss and TheBalm Balmshelter SPF 17 Tinted Gloss). Everything else is sticky, too shear or leaves that gross ring around my lips 20 minutes after applying. I've never used up a gloss, no matter how many I've bought over the years, but I have used up plenty of lipsticks. I typically dont have more than a handful of lip products at once so I dont mind spending a little more on something that I know I will use up completely. (But $32 is my limit on lipstick, I am not paying more for fancy packaging).

When I went to Sephora they didnt have ANY 100pt perks. Guess they were out of stock. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 967 replies
  • 1474 hearts
  • 118 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • kalex
    • runy