Post your recent hauls!

officegal

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  :smileyvery-happy:

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

dianabt

Re: Post your recent hauls!

@kssweetheart, yes it has a very light, soft sweet scent but nothing too overpowering or intense! :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
mrsl81

my online order will be here on thursday (yay!) and it will include:

-tokidoki 24 Karat Compact Mirror

Korres Lip Butter (wild rose)

Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Kit

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

Samples:

Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish sample in Dolly

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Radiance

Versace Bright Crystal

Marc Jacobs Daisy

I'm really excited for the Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Kit (the whole reason I placed the order) and have a feeling I will be purchasing 1 or 2 of the items in full size :smileyhappy:

pianoprincessa

Adding to last week's:

Fairy Drops Mascara (Love.  Lovelovelovelovelove!)

UD Heavy Metal Eyeliner in Midnight Cowboy
UD Heavy Metal Eyeliner in Groupie

Ciate Paint Pots Nail Polish in Oil Slick (Though i was so so tempted by the caviar, I work in retail so those would last all of two seconds)

DuWop Twilight Venom Lip Stain

Sephora Waterproof Makeup Remover

Sephora Slim Pink Atomizer

Glo Teeth Whitening System

muahhhahahaha it's probably a bad thing that i can use my Penney's card at Sephora....  ._.

I really need to get some bright eyeshadows, but it needs to be inexepensive enough for me to just have to play with.  Any ideas?  I'd been looking at the Kat Von D La Vida Loca Pallette or the UD build your own... ._.

kssweetheart

[ Edited ]

Hey pianoprincessa - I also got the Ciate Nail Polish in Oil Slick, only did one nail so far (lame) But I LOVE it so far. I'm  dying for the Caviar too.

Can you let me know how you like the UD Liners? and especially The Duwop Twilight Venom Lip Stain, I've seen a LOT of mixed reviews of that one, but think it looks interesting and love Duwop. They do say to exfoliate the heck out of your lips before you use it.  I really, really wanted the Duwop Venom Stain in Coral (not sure if that was twilight also) That sold out literally the day before I was going to order it, so bummed, I REALLY wanted it. Looked but didn't find anywhere else. I'll have to look around again.

Thanks in advance. :smileyhappy:

ps- I'm a little embarrassed to post my hauls. Even though I'm certain there are people far worse than me, I think I'm more afraid of typing them all out and seeing them ALL in one place....I'm scared :smileysad:

pianoprincessa

kssweetheart,

personally, i would pass on the lip stain.  The applicator was stiff and scratchy and it was blotchy as madness.  :smileysad:

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

hi pianoprincessa - thanks for getting back to me on that lip stain, that's a bummer, sorry you didn't like it.  Are you going to return it? I hate returning things, I'm so bad at it, but it sounds like it should be returned. It seems like Sephora is really good about it.

I recently ordered a set of glosses from Anastasia. Sephora had the kit but it was limited edition and sold out. I finally broke down and got it from Anastasia's website, annoying because it was like $8.00 or 9.00 for shipping and no samples like we get sephora. I actually just tried one the other day and it had that same kind of weird inflexible plastic spatula applicator, sounds like yours. I'll try it again (i'd better! I think there are 6 glosses and it's too late to return, I'll just have to make it work.) Such is the life of a lip junkie!

***Thanks for the info and by the way, I love your name, my last dog was Princess, when we got my new dog I wanted to do something kind of like that, like a little tribute. Looked in foreign languages and all, but they all sounded really identical to Princess. Princessa popped up a few times but it was just a little too similar. So whenever I see your name, I think of Princess and smile :smileyhappy: Who knew when you chose that name that it would mean that much to somebody. So, thanks for that. :smileyhappy:

pianoprincessa

I don't know about the particular ones yet, obvs, but i LOVE the UD glitter liners.  i have Spandex, Mullet, Metalhead, and Distortion.  All but Spandex have really good coverage - that one I usually have to let dry and go over again once or twice to get as glitterific as i want. 

I'll let you know when the lip stain comes in.. I'm sorta nervous about the applicator, but already have really smooth lips so as long as i don't get sick, i'm hoping i won't have the patchy look some have been getting. 

Would you mind posting a pic of your nail?  i'm super excited for it!  i was planning on doing some linework over CG Princess, but looking at other swatches for it, i may just have to go all out the minute it comes in!

I'm sad because I'm almost at my credit limit and am too shy to request an increase just so i can get more makeup... o.o

msmisty

Sephora favorites rollerball collection. I am so happy I bought this. It exceeded my expectations and I actually like all of the perfumes which is a shocker because my allergies can be overcome easily by fragrance.

SOPI polishes I've gotta blush on you, Read my palm, Cartwheels on the catwalk

spamantha

a little bit of a mini essentials haul (did a massive VIB discount haul on thursday.. saved $50. you do the math)

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum cleansing cloths

Korres Guava body butter

Kate Sommerville DTX detoxifying daily cleanser

philosophy. full of grace. shower cream

Bumble and bumble. thickening hairspray

OPI Betsy Johnson 

Sephora brand braidies headband light brown (for my sister)
Bumble and bumble. mending complex 

dianabt

I love reading what everyone has purchased! Shows me what's popular, what you all like, etc. and gives a few good suggestions too! :smileyhappy:

I just bought the following.. and made a second order today with TiffanyBT for the new Caviar polishes!

Fan DeiFendi EDT

product image

Glossy Gloss $7 Peach Me!

product image

Caviar Rainbow

product image

Caviar Black Pearls

product image

And I'm going to order this cute new Lorac Wild for TANtalizer set once I get home!

product image

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kssweetheart

[ Edited ]

@dianabt - Hi, I saw your recent Haul, am afraid to post my own, but I will soon. My questions is that I noticed you bought Caviar Manicure and am interested in any and all info you can give me on this product. Do you know how long it lasts? It said 48 hrs if you seal the edge, do you think it might go longer than that? Do you seal the edge with the polish they provide or do you use a clear/top coat of your own? Can you-Should you put a clear top coat over top daily?Are they actual beads? Kinda love it but also am kinda icked out by it, would it look like I had fish eggs on my fingernails? Is this really cutting edge or Sister Sledge? (don't get me wrong, I love Sister Sledge (we -at BT- are family! - I just couldn't think of anything else to rhyme, I'm usually much wittier. Sadly, this is my brain on drugsl ) Tell me anything & everything you can, it looks so cool, especially the rainbow set. The lips on the models look similar to the nails, is that a product too or just a special effect they use for promos? It kind of reminds me of the Non-Pareils Candy, not sure if you know what that is.

Also loved your Lorac set and your Glossy Gloss Peach Me, what is that like?

Any info you can give me would be great. Thanks in advance. :smileyhappy:

ps - Does everything you need come in the kit, top coats and all?

pianoprincessa

I just splurged on:

Naked 2 Palette
Bare Escentuals Eyeshadow - Azure
BE Blush - Aubergine
BE Foundation - Fair

BE Tapered Shadow Brush

BE Tapered Blush Brush
BE Wet/Dry Shadow Brush

Stila Eye Shadow in Mahogany
Sephora's Black Train Case (my bathroom drawer.... oh lordy it was full!)

Tweezerman Facial Scissors
And

The 1.7 oz Bottle of Miss Dior Eau de Parfum

Now that doesn't seem so bad! :smileytongue:

kssweetheart

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

hi pianoprincessa,

From one BE Girl to another, I noticed  that you had the Azure shadow from BE on your Haul list, I've had it on my Shopping List for a very long time, along with a million other things, do you like it? Can you describe the actual color and how it goes with your coloring? I'd appreciate it. Thanks

pianoprincessa

Hi, kssweetheart!

It's a LOT brighter than I thought it would be.  If you can, I would go into a store to get it so you can really see it.  I was thinking it was more of a tiffany/china blue, but goodness, it's like...  Well, a peacock!  I like using it as a liner, but not eyeshadow myself, because I'm so fair it makes me look very much like the match-maker from Mulan!

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

Hi pianoprincessa -

Love your name, for starters. I actually intended this color as a liner, kind of funny isn't it? I didn't think I'd like it for an all-over or even crease color. So that's kind of a good thing. I just found out they opened a store nearby, not always easy to get there though. I happen to have the same issue that you do, I'm super fair-skinned myself. We could probably swap stories about people totally not believing how white we really are!

Do you ever try to tan or self tan? I don't try to suntan, haven't in a loooong time and never used a self-tanner, did buy one last year but ended up not using it. I do sort of wish I could see what I would look like with an actual tan though. Tried a few sessions in a tanning bed years ago and Prayed to God if he just took the pain away I'd never do it again. It hurt so bad.

I also considered trying one of the products that you mix with powder eye shadow to make it into a wet-ish liner....shoot....can't think of the name. Sephora has one and Too Faced used to. Have you ever tried anything like that? It's so annoying when u get transfer of my liner onto my lid, it drives me nuts and wondered if they help at all. Just thought maybe you've tried.

I'm seriously thinking about getting that shadow.......I should wait, bought way too much during CHICweek. Did you take advantage of that promo?

dianabt

@pianoprincessa sounds like a great selection! :smileysad:

@kssweetheart, I'll be sure to let you know once they arrive! It's expected to come in Tuesday  and I believe it is a pretty long process to actually DO the nails. I'll also find out about taking them off! :smileyhappy: Can't wait! The Glossy Gloss is nice and smooth, not too sticky and a soft coraly shimmer peachy shade. I love it a lot.

I actually have not purchase the Lorac set yet (but want to!) but I finally invested in my own Clarisonic Mia. I must say, everyone should have one! I noticed a difference right after washing and my surprise breakouts are nearly GONE! :smileyhappy:

product image

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kssweetheart

@dianabt - Yeah! Can't wait to find out about the Caviar Nails. I was going to wait and see what other people thought and for the VIB email to arrive but I just couldn''t. I didn't get the Caviar but I got The Ciate Nail Polish in Oil Slick, looks so amazing, hoping I'll love it. Usually don't spend that much on something like nail polish that I haven't actually seen or heard reviews about, but I couldn't help it, I NEEDED it!!

Does your peach me gloss have any scent?

HURRAY FOR YOU!! I'm so glad you finally got your Clarisonic! Good for you, Aren't they awesome?!? QVC had a full size one on this weekend and the color was......Coral Floral!!! OMG it was soooooo gorgeous. I knew I couldn't do it though. I have a pink one, did you get the yellow shown in the pic. or another color?

Thanks for you time and help, you're always a doll.

pianoprincessa

(0) Hearts

kssweetheart,

There's a place in town that has a bed called a Sun Angel and it really is!  If it wasn't so freaking expensive ($40 a session), I would, because it actually measures your skin tone and adjusts the type of rays so you get the most color and least burn.  it even does a different measurement / time for your face!  But I still have lines from a bad burn last year on a low-quality bed that my boyfriend makes fun of me for so I've given up on the institution.  My skin tone is somewhere between paper and neon-white!

I have a little spritzer bottle of water that I spray into the lid of my BE shadows when I want to use them wet because a drop is just too much!  I didn't even know they had a product for that!  I have a vein in my eyelid that I have to fight to cover every morning, so it usually looks like I've got some transfer from my liner anyway :smileysad:

Half my haul was from chicweek, the other was from a couple days after.  Of course, now that I've convinced myself to get the glo teeth whitening system, I'm 8 points from VIB so I might as well just wait until I hit that!

nickimous

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I just got a Too Faced order!

I got the Lust Haves Eye Collection (4 eyeshadows and a full size Shadow Insurance) & Full Bloom Creme Color in Prim and Poppy.

spiritualizes

i really need to stop buying things - i've spent all my money for lunch, oh well.

1) benefit's they're real mini 

2) benefit's benetint

3) sephora's cuticle repair in healing eucalyptus

4) sephora's lip brush

5) smashbox's camera ready BB cream in fair

nzh9

I just treated myself to all the makeup I'll probably need for the next year for my to-myself-birthday-present  - though I'll probably be getting more here and there because my VIB welcome e-mail should be coming soon now! :smileyhappy:

I got:

Urban Decay Mini Stardust & Eyeshadow Primer Potion Duo (My first eyeshadow primer at the ripe age of 22 haha)

Caudalie Cleansing Water - 6.7 oz (I'm only a third of the way through my first bottle but I wanted to have another on hand. This is magic ladies, really.)

Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick - Mandarin

NARS Lipstick - Viridiana

SEPHORA COLLECTION Classic Lip Brush #61 (This was $3.00 on sale!)

Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial 

Smashbox Photo Op Eye Enhancing Palette - Brown Eyes 

Anastasia Brow Wiz - Medium Ash

Stila Eye Shadow Set - Melrose Ave

Both the eyeshadow pallettes have great pigmentation! I had to gush somewhere about my new make-up since as a military lady all my friends don't want to hear about my new pretty things haha

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 967 replies
  • 1474 hearts
  • 118 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • kalex
    • runy