officegal

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  :smileyvery-happy:

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

mermadelove

Re: Post your recent hauls!

@kaite: Mine does flake and then it's really stick when I try to take it off. I'll try using less like you suggested. Your Mia is so cute! I might get one in aqua or lavender if mine ever bites it. I bought the pink one since it donated towards breast cancer research.

@serenditipy: I use Buxom lash and I LOVE it! I tried the Lash Injection because of katie's recommendations-- plus it came in a set, so I got a good deal on it.

katie1724

[ Edited ]

@serendipity01: Thanks!! I can't wait to find out how you like Lash Injection. (One day, I'm going to post before and after pictures to demonstrate the difference, since I recommend it all the time!) I have heard great things about the Buxom mascara, too, but I haven't tried it.

I wanted to order through Sephora, but for some irrational reason, I really wanted the yellow one. :smileytongue: By the way, which cleanser do you use with yours?

serendipity01

Hmmm... wouldn't it be funny if the Stila Make Me Blush set that I bought was the one that kalex returned?  HAHA!  I thought that it was online only, so I was pretty surprised to see it in the store (although that wouldn't have been the first time that I saw an "online only" product in the store).  My store had a bunch of the individual Stila heart blush in the little bins near the checkout, but I only saw one of the set w/ the 2 lip glosses.  So maybe it was a return?  :smileytongue:

katie - congrats on the clarisonic!  So cute!  I wish that mine was a fun color...

I actually just ordered Too Faced lash injection... I'm just waiting for it to come in the mail.  I just opened my tube of Lancome Hypnose Drama though, so it will be a few months before I try the lash injection.  Anybody have tips on using the Hypnose Drama S-shaped brush?  I haven't really had much luck with it yet.

I've also heard great things about Buxom mascara, so I've had my eye on this Buxom Sidekicks set (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P275726&categoryId=C22533) It includes a full sized masacara and 2 lip glosses and it's $19 (mascara alone is $18)

katie1724

This is my recent haul. I can't wait to try it! Now I have to put myself on a budget...

Mia.jpg

katie1724

[ Edited ]

@mermadelove: It definitely flakes off sometimes; I always kind of mention that as a disclaimer if I recommend it (which I feel like I do on a daily basis -- sorry!!) It really is the only mascara I have used that makes my lashes look THAT big.

Anyway, I find it flakes off most when I rub at it, or when I apply too many coats -- and I also think some tubes may be older / defective (tangent: the tube I JUST bought at Sephora is awful, and if I'd never used it before, I would never want to use it again. It's coming out in clumps, making my lashes stick together, etc. -- eek! It definitely is NOT always that way, though, so I think I'll exchange it). I try to not use too much, and I've never had a problem with removing it. It usually just washes off when I wash my face at night (I use lukewarm water and a Neutrogena cleanser), and if I have any residual mascara / liner, I take it off with makeup remover. Does yours stay on? :smileysad:

mermadelove

@katie: I know you use the Lash Injection. I do too. THe other say someone asked me if I was wearing false eyelashes ( I wasn't) when I was wearing it. My only problem with it is that I find that occasionally it flakes off and then it's really hard to take off at night. Any suggestions?

katie1724

[ Edited ]

@kalex: Exactly, he needed it, so you had to order, and you might as well throw in a few more things to get the free shipping! :smileyhappy:That Too Faced set IS a good deal. I've never tried the pinpoint mascara (I want to), but Lash Injection is definitely my HG mascara. I love that stuff! I love falsies, but I'm embarrassed to admit that I cannot apply them :smileysad:. I've watched countless tutorials, and every time I want to wear them (for an event, etc.), I go to MAC to buy them (but really it's so I can have a MAC associate apply them for me).

@daisy, @kalex: Seeing baby clothing and products always makes me want a baby! I don't know how you handle four of them, and I really give you credit. My mom had four of us (two were twins), and I tell her all the time that I don't know how she ever took us anywhere -- and we weren't even bad*!

(*most of the time)

daisy346

I have to say, that set would have gotten me too! By the time I saw it, it was already sold out, which is probably just as well. Nice order! You're right, you needed lotion for your little boy so you HAD to place an order. I've always loved the looks of that Lavanilla baby stuff. I almost want a baby just so I can use them...almost but not quite. :smileyhappy:

kalex

I saw that offer from UD too but passed.  I have the puniest lashes so I really should try falsies but I just don't want the hassle of learning how to do it!  I can't wait for Sephora to get the Feminine Palette though.

I caved and placed an order today!  I really like Too Faced Pinpoint Mascara so when I saw this fantastic deal I couldn't pass it up!  The mascara itself is worth the price of this whole set -

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P270800&categoryId=B70

So I got that set, some hair elastics, Clean anti-bacterial hand gel, some LaVanilla baby lotion for my little boy, and then I used a code for a free deluxe Caudalie's Sorbet.  Woot!  My husbands gonna hit the roof.  "But Aaron needed lotion..."

I almost used 100pts for the Donna Karan perfume but I'm so waiting for Sephora to come out with a 1000pt perk.  I mentioned that at my Sephora the other day and he said he doubted it was true.  :smileysad: 

mermadelove

daisy346 wrote:

I got an email with that deal and was sorely tempted. I've never tried false eyelashes!

It's a great deal because the mascara is your average brand name price, but their lashes are kind of expensive! It's a good way to try them out. Plus I hear that the glue that comes with them is excellent!

daisy346

I got an email with that deal and was sorely tempted. I've never tried false eyelashes!

mermadelove

@kalex: Oh, that is tooo funny! I caved today, too. I ordered from UD. This is the first time in a LONG TIME since I've ordered something NOT from Sephora! I just couldn't wait anymore, pluse they sent me a great deal with the purchase of a new product that I "need!!"

I got the FUN palette and the new false eyelash mascara. I ended up with free shipping and a set of false eyelashes. The only 'bad' thing is that I didn't get to pick which lashes I wanted! At best it'll be something new to try, at worst it'll end up in a swap if I would never wear them! :smileyvery-happy:

kalex

I just stopped in my Sephora to return the Stila Make Me Blush set!  I bought it and then talked myself out of it.  I realized that I didn't actually want it and would rarely use it - I only wanted it because it was a fabulous deal.  All the ladies at the store thought I was nuts, I could hear them, "Ooh this is so cute!  Who was crazy enough to return this?!!"  LOL!  I got the new Airbrush Concealer brush instead and that was it!  Not much of a haul... but the stuff in my cart is expanding by the day so it's just a matter of time.

mermadelove

Go serendipity01! What  a great haul!

serendipity01

Valentines day hauls, anyone?  :smileyhappy:

I has happy to find the Stila Make Me Blush set (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P280463&categoryId=C10463) at my local Sephora store, since it's sold out online.  The blush is super cute, but I haven't used it yet, because I'm afraid to mess it up.  haha. 

I also got my clarisonic order of brush heads... I got a body brush, a "normal" brush, and another "sensitive" brush.  The limited edition pink brushes are really cute. 

Also, my bf sent me a box for vday (our relationship is long distance right now) and it included a Sephora by OPI nail polish in Mermaid to Order.  :smileyhappy:

daisy346

Even with a mattifying primer, I do need to blot several times throughout the day. But, like you said, the plus side is less wrinkles when I get older :-) I do want to try one of the setting sprays with my next order (which I'm being really good about delaying!)

mermadelove

daisy346 wrote:

Thanks for the review! I'm interested in the setting spray. Having oily skin makes my makeup not stay on, no matter what primer I use.

It won't make you not be shiny, but the makeup DEFINITELY stays put! They do have the De SLick make up setting spray, but it didn't get the 100% glowing reviews that the all nighter did, so that's why I got that one (I have combo/oily skin). Tenngal suggested using a mattifying primer with the regular spray to combat oil. I just figure, whatever I'll blot as needed. I think the oily skin keeps it looking younger for longer!

daisy346

Thanks for the review! I'm interested in the setting spray. Having oily skin makes my makeup not stay on, no matter what primer I use.

mermadelove

Some of you asked for reviews of what I bought most recently, and I have some feedback.

UD All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray:

It lives up to the hype! This stuff REALLY keeps your makeup on. When I went to the spa yesterday, I of course put makeup on ( silly, I know). The first thing I did was go into the steam room. We are talking can almost not see the person across from me and my skin turned red in two minutes steam heat and humidity. Although all of my makeup didn't stay on perfectly, it was literally so hot and humid in the steam room that it was raining in there. I had to use soap and water to remove my makeup after that.

UD 24/7 Shadow Pencils:

Even AFTER I used soap and water to take off my makeup, the shadow pencil I used as eyeliner STAYED ON. So when they say this stuff is waterproof, they aren't kidding!

I have 4 colors and have decided to get more of them-- maybe even all of them. But as they aren't LTD edition, I'll take my time!

mermadelove

@officegal: YOu will probably like the blush. It has deeper color saturation with less application. I like the cheek stain because I have combo skin: oily T/dry cheeks, and it works for that. Hopefully with the UD All Nighter Spray, it'll have more staying power.

officegal

I've never been aboard with the Tarte cheek stains, though I like the concept.  I don't like the sticky texture and the colour seems too sheer to me.  I guess I'll have to try the clay blush myself at some point and see.  :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 967 replies
  • 1474 hearts
  • 118 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • kalex
    • runy