officegal

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  :smileyvery-happy:

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

kimmi1115

Re: Post your recent hauls!

You're welcome! 

That sounds like a stunning look for Valentine's Day!  Sometimes it is hard to beat something simple and pretty. 

I have trouble trying to match shades, too.  I stare at the bottle, the little pull out thing that tries to help you match, and at my skin.  Luckily, Walgreens and CVS have return policies lol.

fran11

(0) Hearts

Very true! I bet drug stores would save money by having testers....that way people would be less likely to return! Oh well, i still love drug store makeup shopping! :smileywink:

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

KIMMI---Drugstore wise, I like browsing at CVS and Target. No one bothers me there and CVS does have *some* testers out for certain items and sometimes they even have little sample packets that you can take home and try. But places (besides Sephora, ULTA and department stores) that I *really* love testing makeup out are natural health food stores like Whole Foods, Sprouts, Natural Grocers, and Central Market. They all have testers out, and whole foods especially has testing supplies on a table with chairs (alcohol, sponges--really NICE big thick triangle sponges btw, lip applicators, mascara wands, makeup removers, the WHOLE SHINDIG, I'm like a kid in a candy store in there! They even have this built in 2 sides mirror that you use standing up.) I'm a all natural gal when it comes to skincare, I dont really care about ingredients in makeup because it stays on top off your skin until you wash it off. Skincare gets absorbed into your bloodstream). But I am soooo *impressed* with the natural brands out there right now! Gabriel Cosmetics, GLOMINERALS, Zuzu luxe, Mineral Fusion, Dr Hauschka etc. I have a couple of Gabriel Cosmetics lipsticks that are CRAZY pigmented, such gorgeous color and they dont dry out my lips! I want to try the Zuzu liquid foundation (I think that L3, the lightest shade is my perfect match). I also have the Glominerals highlighter and its my number 1 luminizer!

kimmi1115

I wish there was a Target in my town.  There are ones in the neighboring towns, but Walmart is a monopoly in my town.  An unorganized, messy one at that lol.  I was going through Target back in December, and I noticed they carry OPI polish!  I was amazed! lol.

When I went to Earth Fare last Friday, I skimmed through their makeup and skin care section to check out cuticle creams.  I never really noticed how much they carried, but I was impressed.  I didn't know anything about the brands, except for Burt's Bees, but it's awesome how natural stores carry those products.  I just don't know what to try first lol. 

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Kimmi-----The Burts Bees brand is very dear to me because its the very first all natural brand that I got attached to, because of this brand I went online and did a lot of research on natural vs chemical skincare. To this day I still use a ton of their stuff and I would say that I tried 85-90% of the entire line so far. I know of a lot of their products that have been discontinued like their makeup line (such a shame, they had the most perfect TM). They make my absolute FAVE drugstore lipsticks right now, the lip shimmers, I have 4 in my everyday purse because I cant be without them ever lol. I love the formula, so creamy, moisturizing, slighty minty, and pigmented! It looks like a tiny little tube but it takes forever to use one up. And I always always rebuy whatever shade I ran out of even though I have a drawerful of high end lipsticks and glosses. That good. And they are affordable. The lip shimmers are 5 bucks each and last me just as long as any other drugstore lipstick. I have YET to find a better drugstore lipstick. If you dont have a Target near you, look for a TJ Maxx or Marshalls. They carry a TON of OPI, Sephora by OPI and Orly nailpolishes for $3.99 or less. They even have limited edition sets that come in packs of 2 by OPI and I think those are $5.99.

midniterae

My stuff hasn't come in the mail yet, but the other day I bought 

NARS lip gloss in Stolen Kisses

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on eye pencil in Perversion

NARS larger than life lip gloss in Odalisque

Urban Decay Naked Flushed

I also got the skincare sample bag. 

The non-Sephora items I bought this month were a black eyebrow pencil from Chanel and Perfection Lumiere foundation from Chanel as well. 

kimmi1115

Tiny Sephora haul from yesterday:

Sephora Crystal Nail File: Since this one has a case with it, it shouldn't break if it falls off of my nail drawers lol. 

100 point perk: Benefit They're Real! mascara

kimmi1115

I am going with Gamergirl24's idea of posting a collective holiday haul.

-China Glaze Electro Pop 4 piece mini set (from future mother-in-law)

-China Glaze Christmas Duo (future mamaw-in-law)

-Sally Hansen Happy Manicures Gem Crush set (other future mamaw-in-law lol)

-EOS Lip Balm in Summer Fruit (stocking stuffer)

From Ulta and Target:

-Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express (decent replacement for my UD Big Fatty)

-OPI Avojuice in Raspberry Violet (love, love, love!)

-OPI Liquid Sand polish in Stay the Night

-Zoya polish in Tracie (yay for the clearance rack!)

With my Sephora gift card:

-Urban Decay Build Your Own Palette 6 slot palette

-Urban Decay Shadow in SWF

-Urban Decay Shadow in Asphixia (probably misspelled.  Oh well)

I ended up going with a build your own palette to work on since my current Kat Von D pinks and purples are almost gone.  My greens are as well, so I will need to find some UD green at some point.

Gamergirl24

Collective holliday haul.

- Tarte Amazonian clay blush in Exposed

- 2 Buxom lipgloss in Trixie and White Russian

- Too Faced waterproof eyeliner in Black

- NARS Laguna Bronzer

- Dior Amber Dimond Highlighter

- Large powder brush

- Bobbi Brown under eye corrector

- MAC concealor 

- Chanel Homme Sport (for my husband)

rockhound0508

What do you think of the Dior amber?  how do you use it?

Gamergirl24

I love it! It is the best highlighter I have had to date. What i do is swirl the lighter side together and use that more towards the center of my upper cheek bones. Then I swirls the darker part together and use that on the outer part of my upper cheek bones. It looks lovely.

Also, I have used some of the strips as individual eyeshadow.

houseofdiorxo

Great post! 

My recent items from Sephora are:

-URBAN DECAY Eye Shadow Primer Potion

-NARS Mini Highlighting/Bronzing Blush Duo

-OPI Jewelry Top Coat (Meet Me At The Disco) 

sephoramusthave

Is the mini NARS blush/bronzer duo really small? Can you apply them with brushes or will that smear the products together? I want to try those products, but my problem with NARS is that they usually have the *biggest* price tag glued to the *smallest* products. I have enough blushes/bronzers that I dont need any more (for awhile!) but for $24, if its a decent enough size, this could be a good deal on trying both products.

berniebeauty

[ Edited ]

I just got to use up my Sephora gift card yesterday.  I got

-Sephora brand makeup remover- the large bottle :smileyhappy: ($8.50)

-Sephora smart dual action exfoiliator (sale-$7)

-Sephora instant moisture kit (sale-$7)

-A Sephora professional eye shadow brush (sale-$7)

The kit comes with supreme cleansing foam, instant depuffing roll on gel, instant moisturizer, and a sample of body butter. The dual action exfoiliator has two different product, one green for your t-zone, and one white for all over. 

I'm super excited about all the sale items I got, and I really needed the skin care. I can't wait to start using these :smileyhappy:

I was gonna put pictures in this post but can't for the life of me get it to work. Sorry :/

~We are all beautiful~

sephoramusthave

Todays JCP Sephora haul:

1. UD Naked Basics Palette

2. UD Eyeshadow Primer potion

3. Too Faced Shadow Insurance (original)

4.100 pt perks: MUFE HD setting powder, MUFE Eyeliner

I wanted to buy NARS TM in Finland today....but they were sold out >_<

I need to get some more eyeshadow brushes...I'm getting tired of having to wash mine every night (I like to change up my makeup and I cant dip the same brush in anything than what I had already dipped it into....grr....I like Ecotools and Real Techniques a LOT.)

kimmi1115

I love Ecotools!  :smileyvery-happy:  I know I've said that a hundred times before, but the good news about them must be spread lol.  How have your Ecotools brushes been holding up?  Compared to the small Sephora brush set I have, my Ecotools brushes have not shed any that I've seen.  My Sephora ones do shed a bit.  :smileysad:   

sephoramusthave

Kimmi----I have *never* had any issues with Ecotools, and I've had mine for awhile now, and they have all been washed and dried more times than I could count. They never shed, they never lose shape, they never get scratchy, and they are always super soft and super dense, and at the right price. There's a set that has 2 of the most amazing eyeshadow brushes, one I use for powder shadows and the other I use for cream shadows. I wish they were sold seperately! I would hoard up on those for sure!

msmisty

My recent haul :

Dolce & Gabbana the blush in shade 35 Delight

Sephora OPI It's real! 18kt topcoat

Sephora OPI Hollywoood if I could jewelry topcoat

Sephora brand instant nail polish remover travel size

Now..if it would all just get here!

malissa13

wen- sweet almond mint cleanser

fresh sugar scrub

philosophy simple facial cleanser

1HappyGal

[ Edited ]
I thought I was done shopping until the New Year but I just couldn't pass up these sets..
1. Caudalie cleansing &amp; lip duo (great for winter so I don't have to wait for the water to get warm in the morning)
2. Caudalie indulgent body set
3. Caudalie our favorites
4. Fresh sugar cheer
5. Urban Decay smoked 24/7 pencil set (like I really need more eyeliner)
6. Chloe miniature duo
7. Illamasqua nail varnish duo
janinebt

The other experts and I got some great goodies last week at our annual holiday party. There were tons of brands there doing makeovers and demos. Many were kind enough to hand out products too! Some of the things that I’m beyond excited about are:

-Prada Candy (it smells like a more sophisticated version of Pink Sugar)

-2 L’Occitane hand creams (these are great to just keep in your handbag because they’re so small)

-Benefit’s They’re Real! Mascara

-Bliss’ Fabulous Foaming Face Wash

-Ole Henricksen Ultimate Eye Lift Kit

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 967 replies
  • 1474 hearts
  • 118 in conversation
    • keelybt