officegal

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  :smileyvery-happy:

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

Gamergirl24

Re: Post your recent hauls!

Since December I have purchased:

Origins Out of Trouble
Clinique Dramatically Different moisturizing lotion
Gucci Flora (original)
and the 500pt Argon Essentials

MAC brush cleansor
MAC minerlized skin finish natural 
qmgirl

(0) Hearts

I've been making purchases on sephora.com or at the store every week since December. lol I told myself I would just get a new mascara and a couple of different lip gloss colors and a new blush. RIGHT!!!! So I started off buying:

Light Blue Perfume

Philosophy Skincare Set

Philosophy Power C because i saw it advertised on a talk show.

Sephora Collection Concealer

Laura Mercier Finishing Powder

Then Im on line buying:

Sephora Collection nano eyeliner box set

Smashbox lip gloss set

Sephora Collection black eyeshadow

Perfume Sampler

Charlotte Ronson face and Body Glow in Amanda

Smashbox High Shine Lip Gloss in Va Va Violet

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

Sephora Collection Felt Liner (which i dont care for)

Bliss Mistletoe Musts for Hands and Lips

Sephora Collection eyeshadow (in many colors)

Sephora Collection Ultra Vinyl Lip Pencil in 4 colors (really love this! I color in my lips with it and sometimes add lip gloss over but its not necessary!)

Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious Creme (don't like this very much)

Buxom Lip Gloss (dont like the brush at all)

BTW- do you see the mascara in here yet? no? because it doesnt come until MUCH MUCH later! lol

and so on......... There were many more purchases!

This past weekend I finally bought new brushes. yayyyy

Panda168

I kind of laughed when I read your post because I just order a few things online and a few days before that I had made an in-store purchase haha. I can't get enough of Sephora 

helpful

Since Christmas:

Fresh Sugar Lip Polish

Clinique BB Cream

Carols Daughter Monoi Hair Mask

Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads

Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask

Benefit Coralista

Makeup For Ever Pro Finish Powder Foudation

Sephora Collection Baked Eyeshadow Palatte- in the nude

Jack Black Lip Balm

YSL Stain

:smileyhappy:

Panda168

(0) Hearts

LOVE Jack Black Lip Balm!

rockhound0508

Christmas shopping started an obsession :smileyhappy:

:-) I picked up some gifts for my daughter plus a $10 size "they're real' for me.  

then bought the Nars mini's with plans as SS  kept 4 Gave 1 away.  Love the feel on my lips and nice neutral colors

Then wentlooking for a mask and launched into skincare overhaul:

Origins Start over

origins Night a mins

Cheeks and balancez -love hoeit smells

Ginzing sample - dont seeit did much for my dark circles

origins drink up mask

Then zhad my VIB makeover...JM Argan oil came home with me.

skin care event got samples of Perricone  pour minimizer and finishing cream -wow what a difference.  I bought  the finishing cream so far.  I have some reaction I think to the pour minimizer, but I put it near mouth So letting skin settle back down

Sephora is now so close to me..plaza I drop my daughteroff to work..its hard Not stopping in..

There was More..but thats for another post 

aggiegirl2012

From the drug store- 

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink, Pomegranate Punk, Bad to the Bronze, and Tough as Taupe

Maybelline Cleansing Lotion

Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box- 50% off

From & since Christmas at Sephora-

Sephora Lots of Lip

LORAC Pro Palette

Sephora Collection brushes- 28, 18 74, IT medium shader & cream blush

Stila In the Light Palette

Korres Cherry Full Color Gloss in 25 & 54

NARS Duo eyeshadow in Silk Road (which I ended up returning)

Urban Decay 24/7 Lip Pencil in Ozone

BI 500 point reward- Laura Mercier

Birthday gift from Benefit

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer

Shiseido The Makeup Dual Balancing Foundation (which I absolutely adore)

NARS Blush in Outlaw- wanted something with a little more flush than my Deep Throat

Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 10% Moisturizer

and last, LORAC Close Up Kit

chanel5maier

I am still holding to my goal of not purchasing anything new - makeup, clothing, shoes, purses etc - and so far so good.

I did however organize my Sephora samples and Point Perks minis into categories so when I get an overwhelming urge to try something new, It's fast and easy...

Panda168

(0) Hearts

That's really smart. I think I may try something like that soon because my beauty and skincare purchases are getting a little out of hand. 

fran11

[ Edited ]
Mini drug store haul from today:
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomagrante Punk
- Milani Baked Blush in Red Vino
- Loreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush

Guess I was feelin' the reds today :smileyhappy:
drrragon

I started my makeup collection with Sephora years ago and just now discovering some really good finds at the drugstore!  It's like a whole new playground.....

fran11

[ Edited ]

I agree.  I enjoy going drug store makeup shopping.  I find excuses now to stop at CVS, Rite Aid, etc.  :smileyhappy:    My only gripe is the that there are no testers.  It would be nice to get to swatch some shadows/blushes before purchase and it makes it almost impossible to match foundation!!

kimmi1115

I've been pleasantly surprised with some drug store products lately.  When I was in high school, I always wore the same drug store products, so I didn't experiment much with them.  I figured when I started using brands from Sephora that I would be anti-drug store.  However, I was wrong about that lol.

I had the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomagrante Punk, and I loved it!  If you have Naked 1, it's a good shade to use with Hustle and Toasted.  :smileyhappy:

Panda168

[ Edited ]

The selection of drug store products is pretty decent. I feel like I get lost in the make up section when I am at Target. I, too, wish there were testers, but thats ok :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

Is the Maybelline Color Tattoo super intense like a cream eyeliner? or can I have a sheer/med coverage by applying with a brush? Because all the pictures shown it being super intense, I have the bright orange one but haven't decide what to do with it yet.

fran11

Yes, they are very intense.  I haven't tried the Pomegranate one yet, but I have another champaigne color and it is bold (well, as bold as champaigne gets :smileywink: ) - I have also seen swatches of the colors, and they are vibrant.  I think if you use your finger to apply and blend it well you may get a softer look.  I usually use with a brush and use the product as a base for shadow products or wear it alone with some liner and mascara. 

fran11

I totally agree with you on the drug store products Kimmi. I really think a lot of brands have stepped up their games. I have really enjoyed a lot of DS products I have tried recently, and I can't say I felt the same even a few years ago. 

Thanks for the tip on Pomegranate Punk! I do have Naked 1 and will hage to pair with those colors. I don't know if I would have thought of that on my own! Thanks!! :smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

I enjoy browsing the makeup at Walgreens and Walmart.  Walgreens sometimes has little testers, but not all the time.  I've even received samples from Walgreens in packets.  That's how I first tried the Neutrogena Shine Control makeup. 

I believe they have stepped up their game a lot.  I currently want to try the Maybelline Color Whisper lip products.  I love the Revlon lip butters, but I'm curious about Maybelline's take on them.  Neutrogena has some new products I want to try as well.  So far, I have been pleased with each Neutrogena products I've tried, and my skin has been happy with them. 

fran11

Hmm I msy need to try out Walgreens. There is one close to my house but I always go yo CVS instead and they dont have any teststers or sample packets (atbleast the ones by me)!

I also want to try the Maybelline Whispers.  I saw some at Walmart this weekend and resisted. I did pick up another Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink. I saw something online about jumbo lip pencils from Neutragena that seemed really good. I may check those out too. 

kimmi1115

When you first go into Walgreens, pick up a coupon booklet.  There's usually some coupons on cosmetic products in them lol.  With some products, you can get a dollar or two off when you check out at the cosmetics register.  As a college kid, I love saving a buck or two lol.

Is the Inked in Pink as pretty as it is in pictures? It looks like a gorgeous pink for Spring.  I saw the Neutrogena lip pencils when I passed through Walgreens, and they remind me of the Clinique ones.  I've not tried the Clinique ones, but I'm willing to guess that Neutrogena could be considered the Clinique of the drugstore cosmetics. 

The Neutrogena products I've used and been happy with are two different concealers (one had an undereye cream in it and my correct one is brightening), Shine Control Makeup (light coverage and helps with the shine issue), Shine Control Primer (works, but I only use it during the summer), and the Healthy Skin Enhancer (kind of like a TM since it's sheer, has that retinol stuff, and SPF). 

fran11

Thanks for the coupon booklet tip! I will definitely do it! :smileyhappy:

Yes! The Inked in Pink is gorgeous! I put it on for the first time today and it was too pretty to put shadows over! I have it on my lid alone with a little bit of a soft brown in my crease and some simple black liner and mascara. I love it....i think i discovered my V-day eye look! Simple, but pretty!

I have used a lot of the Neutragena skin care products but haven't really ventured into their makeup except for a mascara. their foundations always intrigue me as I know they should be good for my skin but I get so frustrated picking foundation shades whe I cant test them that I usually just walk away. Those Shine Control products sound nice...I will have to check them out at Wallgreens :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 967 replies
  • 1474 hearts
  • 118 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • kalex
    • runy