officegal

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  :smileyvery-happy:

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

kimmi1115

Re: Post your recent hauls!

@sephoramusthave  I cashed in on the Buxom set earlier this year, and I though it was a nice set.  I've used the lip gloss a lot, and there's still so much of it left!  That pink shade you bought is stunning!

dianabt

I picked up a few things but only one item for myself!  nailpolish! 

Hollywood If I Could

SEPHORA by OPI - Jewelry Top Coats

Finest Shave Deluxe Sampler for Him (bf needs to not use drugstore skincare when there are some great options online!)

Jack Black Save Face Shave and Moisture Duo

Marc Jacobs Dot Gift Set (for my sister!)

Philosophy Snowflake Wonderland Set (the shimmery gels are SO pretty!) 

Philosophy - Snowflake Wonderland Set

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
prettyinpa

I've been kinda naughty lately, but I get to justify it as buying stuff on sale/retail therapy. I've been away from home working lately a lot, and one of my work places was in Pittsburgh, where they have a wonderful Sephora store in Shadyside. So I got a Sephora Cream Lipstain, a new Fairy Drops Scandal Queen (old one was dried up and tossed) and a Sephora Color Liplast and on sale Sephora Shadow single. Then of course, there was the brush belt that was in the Summer Sale.

Today I had to return a Cargo Texas Mascara that flaked horribly for me, and with the return credit, got a LORAC Bejeweled Palette Trio and a UD Single in Mushroom.

Such fun!
kimmi1115

@prettyinpa and katie  Slightly off topic and random, but my boyfriend and his buddies are in Pittsburgh this weekend for the football game lol.  Lanndan is a big Steelers fan lol.

Anyway, here are my recent nail purchases from eBay and Ulta.

haul 2.jpg

Two Konad stamping plates and the double ended stamper with scraper.  After trying the mini trial set, nail stamping is such fun!  It does take some practice to figure out the right technique, though.

haul 1.jpg

My first Essence polish in Grey-t To Be Here and the OPI mini set for Halloween!  I finally have a yellow that isn't pastel lol.

dianabt

@Sephoramusthave I love the Dior addict lipsticks and cant wait to try OCC!

@Kimmi I want that polish set! :smileyhappy:

I picked up a few things on Saturday including a toner refill and a KVD brush set that we had on sale online (but never showed up due to a glitch in the system lol)

Also, Keely helped me find the Alterna Seal Silk Gel shine hair stuff I wanted! Makes your hair SO soft and smooth! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

Diana---I LOVE the OCC lip tar! When I went into Sephora they had 3 shades available, the hot pink one (anime) that I bought, a deep red, and a coral. I love how just the smallest dot gives you opaque coverage, it feels comfortable on the lips and lasts pretty much all day. I left the house at 8 am this morning, its 4:23 PM right now, and I still see some good color on my lips (and thats after breakfast, lunch and tons of coffee and NO reapplications!). I want to get more shades but one of the problems with this lip tar line is that a lot of the colors are more "runway" and not everyday appropriate. They need to make more pinky-nudes, pinks and reds that are appropriate for everyday wear, and not just for halloween.

The Dior Addict Lipsticks are my personal favorites, I have 2 right now and 1 Dior addict gloss. They sure are pricey but worth every penney because one tube lasts me months and months with everyday usage and I *always* use it up 100% with a lipbrush (Sephora brand of course :smileyvery-happy:)

Oh and I got the Lady Gaga Fragrance for my birthday last weekend so thats my "haul" for today. :smileyvery-happy:

jxw200

Oooh  Iike all of the things you guys bought!

@katie, did you see any of the other items from Tom Ford fall? Thoughts on them?

@sephoramusthave, thanks for your thoughts on the OCC lip tars! that color is gorgeous, but you're right, their shades always seem too intense for everyday! I'll definitely find a color one of these days though

@kimmi, I haven't talked to you a while! how are you, how's school? how's nail stamping?! 

I bought a lot of things this month but i don't want to admit it. haha. maybe when i feel less guilty about it hahaha. 

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

1. Origins Checks and Balances Cleanser (I had a $10 birthday coupon)

2. Origins Ginzing Brightening Cream Shadow in Sugar Peach (I had NO idea they had cream shadows so I jumped at it!)

3. Free Gift: I got a kit with 3 deluxe sized (and I mean DELUXE! 1 oz products!) items of my choice and I got the Checks and Balances Cleanser, Modern Friction Scrub and Starting Over Moisturizer

4. NARS Lipstick in Manhunt (OMG LOVE this red!)

5. 100 pt perk: NARS Tinted Moisturizer in St Moritz (I hope this isnt too dark for me and I hope it doesnt break me out...when I sprang for this perk I didnt even think about whether or not it would match my skintone....I'm new to TM)

I also got these stunning ankle boots at Bealls (45 bucks) with my birthday money :smileyvery-happy:

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Pittsburgh! Wow, I randomly stumbled upon this thread again after so long. Didn't know so many people lived/frequent Pittsburgh. I visit relatives who lives in the Robinson Mall area, so I've only been in the JCPenny Sephora in there. My favorite Sephora have to be the one in Natick Mall, MA. The mall is a great mix of normal + super luxe/high end (burberry, lacoste, BCBG etc), super pretty, and the Sephora usually have everything. It got me addicted to Sephora because it was 15min drive from where I lived, but now I live ~1hr drive away, so I'm more online than instore.

Ah, recent hauls:

- Tokidoki cactus rollerball

- Body Shop body butter to go

- Soap & Glory Do a Bubble Take set

- Sephora collection Pro Concealer Airbrush

- Hello Kitty retractable kabuki

Freebies with it: Benefit WOW foundation, Ouidad scrub exfoliator, birthday treat.

I just can't resisit a good sale, those are what I got in Sept.

fran11

I did a bit of shopping last night! :smileyhappy:  Here is what I picked up:

From Sephora:

- NARS Sheer Matte Fondation

- Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Zygomatic

I thought I was demonstrating some self restraint until I walked by all of the beauty counters in Macy's to shop for my Mom's birthday gift....needless to say I picked up a few more things - I blame it on my mother! ;-)

From the MAC counter:

- Viva Glam I Lipstick (Deep True Red)

- Brick Lip Pencil

- Viva Glam VI Lipstick (Nice sheer nude color, perfect for my skintone)

From the Origins counter:

- Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcol Mask

I'm excited to try out everything - they are all new products for me! I have used the NARS Sheer Glow foundation, but with the weather getting cooler, I wanted to try the matte formulation. 

dianabt

Definitely did not need more but here you go!

Butter London Trustafarian

butter LONDON - 3 Free Nail Lacquer

Nails Inc Special Effects Sprinkles in Topping Lane

nails inc. - Special Effects Sprinkles Nail Polish

Sephora Nail Bling A La Mode

Cinderella Compact Mirror

Disney Cinderella Collection - Compact Mirror

Tweezerman Mini Tweezers

Stainless Steel Mini Slant Tweezer

Rosebud Salve in a Tube

Rosebud Salve in a Tube

And not to mention a few other Marilyn Monroe inspired items from another brand... :smileywink: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kimmi1115

@dianabt  You can ever have enough polish! 

On Saturday, I picked up a polish from the China Glaze 2012 Halloween collection.  It's called Glitter Goblin, and it also reminds me of the November birthstone, topaz/citrine.  It'll come in handy next month!

dianabt

kimmi1115 wrote:

@dianabt  You can ever have enough polish! 

On Saturday, I picked up a polish from the China Glaze 2012 Halloween collection.  It's called Glitter Goblin, and it also reminds me of the November birthstone, topaz/citrine.  It'll come in handy next month!

@Kimmi I think I can. =( My whole brand new "tub" to hold my polishes? Full. No more room... LOL

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

1. NARS Lipstick in Jungle Red

2. 250 point perk: Buxom set, comes with 1 lipstick and 2 glosses

3. 100 point perk: NARS TM in St.Moritz (This is the second time that I picked this up, really like it. I just developed some pictures where I was wearing this and I look *flawless*. Very hollywood. I didnt think the color would work for me because my face is light and this is medium BUT since I wear sunscreen everyday, my face is a completely different shade from the rest of my body. My face is light, and my body's medium because I only put sunscreen on my body when Im in a bathing suit and this evens everything out hehe AND my sunscreen makes me look like a ghost and using this on top of that whitening sunscreen makes it a perfect color match with the rest of my body.)

kimmi1115

@sephoramusthave  the 250 point Buxom set looked pretty awesome!  I have the lipgloss and travel size lipstick, and I love them both!

@dianabt  Lol!  But polish can last 2 or 3 years before it expires, so it does have a long shelf life.

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

kimmi---I tried the Buxom lipgloss yesterday and I really like it! Its called white russian, very pretty pinky nude. Its very tingly/minty and not super sticky like most glosses. Today I tried the lipstick (brooklyn) and Im not sure yet....but I'm not sold on the color. Its a very dark/deep purple/plum color thats perfect for fall, but I dont usually wear colors like this. I'll give it a few more tries/in different ways etc and if I still dont like the color...I might have to toss it. I still havent tried the other gloss (dolly) but it looks really pretty.

kimmi1115

@sephoramusthave  I've looked at White Russian in store, and it looks so pretty!  I was surprised at the tingle at first, but it felt kind of like a nice little message lol.  The Benefit They're Real mascara is pretty good, but I think a lot of people expected it to be a super miracle worker or something.  It depends on what kind of lashes you have as what effect you'll get.  When I read reviews and blogs, I think a lot of people forget that different lash types have different effects.

At the Tanger Outlets, I went to the Cosmetics Company Store and picked up MAC Lipglass in Viva Glam Gaga.  It's such a pretty pink!!  And it's even prettier because I didn't have to pay full price for it lol.

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

I went to a new shopping area today...and because they had a Sephora...I bought some more stuff.

1. Bare Minerals READY 2.0 Eyeshadow Duo in The Flashback (this is the PERFECT smokey eye for dummies)

2. Benefit They're Real Mascara (I bought the travel sized one)

3. 100 point perks: 2X NARS TM in St.Moritz (what can I say, its awesome and when I run out of my samples, I'm getting the full sized tube)

4. I also got some samples made of the Too Faced and Tarte Eye primer, just to see what all the hullabaloo is with primers. The person that gave me these samples...she was SUPER stingy, there's one little dot of each product, I'll be lucky if I can cover one eye with this.....geez

5. Got a sample of some Sephora brand blush, comes in the peel off cardboard packaging

I also found some new great stuff, tried on in store and saved to shopping list for next time.

katie1724

[ Edited ]

@prettyinpa: You just made me homesick -- I love Shadyside! That was the only Sephora store in Pittsburgh for quite a while, so I used to make frequent after-work Sephora runs there. I hope you went to Prantl's (across the street), too. Yum!

prettyinpa

I went to Prantl's! I love their filled pastries and those little mini cupcakes. I got a bag of those minis and shared them with friends all weekend while I was working there.
katie1724

Yay! That makes me happy. Their almond cake is also out of this world...I have no idea what's in it, but it's SO good. :smileyhappy:

I guess I should post my own hauls, too...though I don't think I've been too awful lately* :smileytongue:

Buxom Lip Cream, White Russian

Butter London Nail Polish, Knackered

Armani Maestro Foundation

Armani Maestro Eraser (for dark circles)

Tom Ford Cheek Color, Narcissist (I was so excited about this one, but I definitely prefer Wicked / other TF colors. Narcissist is really difficult to use.)

*Nevermind...apparently this is a lie.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 967 replies
  • 1474 hearts
  • 118 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • kalex