officegal

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  :smileyvery-happy:

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

sephoramusthave

Re: Post your recent hauls!

1. CARGO Lip Gloss Quad in South Beach

2. 500 pt perk Benefit Little Look Goods (I got one of these last time so this one will go to my mommy)

marinaanne147

Nothing from Sephora but I did stop by MAC to get two things:

MAC Pro Eye Makeup Remover (just ran out of my old bottle)

MAC Eyeshadow in Blanc Type - Matte2 (perfect brow highlight!)

Can't believe it's already August!

sephoramusthave

Today I picked up:

NARS Cream Blush in Cactus Flower

katie1724

@sephoramusthave: I love Cactus Flower! It's such a pretty color...one that doesn't get enough use (from me -- I'll have to put it back in rotation!).

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

Katie---I had no idea that NARS had cream blushes so when I saw Cactus Flower in store I jumped at it! I havent opened my brand new blush but I did try it on in store. In the pan it looks like a bright watermelon pinkish red but on me it looks like a stunning coral when I blend in just a tiny (tiny!) bit. I think its the most pigmented blush I own (I have Benefit, Nars Multiple, Stila Convertible Color, Josie Maran, and CARGO cream stick and powders...I hope I got them all) and this one really is the most pigmented one that I have. I just lightly tapped my finger in the pan (once!) and blended it in on my cheeks (over bronzer!) and it looked so nice that I had to get it! The free standing Sephora I got it in only carried 2 shades of the cream blush (they had penny lane and cactus flower) and I got the cactus flower. Penney Lane was a real pretty pinky nude but I didnt try it on, it looks similar to the Stila Convertible in Lillium that I already own (and LOVE!). I dont know whether or not the cream blushes are discontinued from Sephora, I dont see them online...if thats the case I might have to go back and get Penny Lane! I wonder if they can be used on lips as well...gotta give it a try!

katie1724

[ Edited ]

@sephoramusthave: Before I really became blush crazed (and wound up with too many), Penny Lane was the one I wore every day, without fail. It's so basic and light that it's easy to throw on...I love it.

NARS Cream Blush is still available on the NARS site, but I don't know if they have plans to discontinue it or not (they're kind of similar to the Multiples in texture (but not color selection)). Sephora used to have the Firming Foundation in stores, then got rid of it. It was still available through NARS for a while, but it was eventually discontinued. This could have been a coincidence -- or maybe NARS stops distributing to retailers when they know a certain product is on its way out. That said, I don't know what their plans are for the cream blush, but I hope it sticks around :smileyhappy:

...and, speaking of NARS, since this is the haul thread, I will add that while I have not hauled anything lately, I did go home with Autumn Leaves the last time I was in the store. I probably have 100 random lipsticks, and I don't have any similar colors. It's a sheer rusty shade. It sounds unappealing, but it's not -- I hope it's not a limited edition!

antoine0000

Benefit Cosmetics/ The POREfessional The POREfessional
133676710.000.0Issey Miyake/ L'Eau d'Issey Florale Eau de Toilette Deluxe Mini
125423410.000.0Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline/ samples
140674310.000.0Clinique Repairwear Intensive Eye Cream/ samples
101449710.000.0Giorgio Armani Armani Code/ samples

Jean Paul Gaultier/ LE MALE Gift Set

L'Occitane/ Hand Creams Shea Butter
6042231000L'Occitane/ Shea Butter Foot Cream
1169176100L'Occitane/ Ultra Rich Body Cream Rich in Shea Butter
1425446100SEPHORA COLLECTION/ Clear Defining Mascara
14439101000Murad/ Time Release Retinol Concentrate For Deep Wrinkles deluxe sample
14567061000Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup/ samples
14067431000Clinique Repairwear Intensive Eye Cream/ samples
1204965100Givenchy Play/ samples

Thanks,

ANTOINE

kimmi1115

Here are some of the things I've purchased lately, though not all at once.

China Glaze polish in Inner Beauty (for French style manis; the Sephora by OPI base coat I was using is now empty lol)

OPI Super Bass Shatter

OPI My Very First Knockwurst (from the Germany collection; it's a lovely nude type shade)

a foot soak that I can't think of the name of at the moment lol.  It came from Sally's.  Since returning to campus, my feet have had sharp cramps shoot up the middle of my foot.

OPI Pink Friday that came with rhinestones (I love the mini so much, I had to get the full size.  Yay ebay!)

Konad mini trial set from ebay (I'm hooked now!)

Nail wheels for swatching and practicing nail art

Neutrogena Shine Control Makeup in 50 Soft Biege (I am very amazed at this product so far! Since I don't need heavy coverage and whatnot, I'm not completely comfortable paying high amounts for sheer coverage [if that makes sense], so I figured I'd give this a try.  It matches my skin tone perfectly, and it does control oily shine.  One Sunday, I was outside helping my mom wash the siding on the house in the humid heat.  When I came back inside to get ready to go to Lanndan's house, my face [especially my forehead] did not look any where near as shiny as it normally would!)

Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Volume mascara

Maybelline Black Drama Falsies (Maybelline mascaras work really well with my lashes for some reason)

Sinful Colors Nail Polish in Black on Black (.99 cent sale at Walgreens lol)

bijouxkristyna

sephorazuca.jpg

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

katie---I'm really loving cream blushes right now. I dont care if they come in a pan or a stick, love them all. Today I stopped by the MAC counter and bought MAC Cremeblend Blush in Ladyblush. I didnt try it on my face because I already had blush on and didnt feel like having it (and my sunscreen) removed (this entire week is blazing triple digit weather) but I fell in love with it the second I swatched it on. I swatched it on the back of my arm where my skin is lighter and the front of my arm where I got my beach tan, and it looks fantastic on both sides. Its very similar to my beloved Stila Convertible Color in Lillium (which I've already hit pan on, the very first blush I've *ever* hit pan on (if you dont count deluxe samples)). I love how I can use most cream blushes on both lips and cheeks, most days I just wear bronzer to cover up the whiteness of sunscreen, and then a cream color on my lips and cheeks. Here is a picture from Google images of the MAC Ladyblush that I bought. Oh I also looked up your autumn leaves lipstick and it looks nice! I dont own any orange/coral lipsticks but I did try some on in Sephora once this year and I fell in love with a Dior Addict Shade (didnt end up buying it though...). Its called Diorisimme #249

dianabt

Because we all know I HAD to buy more.. :smileysad: It's just an addiction I can't help! lol

Clinique Stay Matte Oil Free (AMAZING mattifying power!)

Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

Hello Kitty Nail Stickers  (this set is SO CUTE!)

Hello Kitty - Nail Art Stickers

A new slanted liner brush

I.T. Angled Eyeliner Brush

NYC Matte Top Coat ( on the advice of Kimmi1115) 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kimmi1115

@dianabt  How do you like the Clinique foundation?  It sounds like an interesting product, but I like sheer/light coverage like in a tinted moisturizer.  The mattifying factor really grabs my attention, though lol.

Last week, I picked up a couple of polishes at Ulta:

Zoya in Nidhi

Zoya in Ivanka

The colors together are perfect for Christmas lol.  I also picked up my first EOS Lip Balm in Strawberry Sorbet, and I'm in love with it!  I like it much better than the Burt's Bees lip balm I was using. 

dianabt

@Kimmi I usually like really heavy super duper coverage makeup.. Trying to branch out but BB Creams don't give me enough! The Clinique one is pretty nice, I was in desperate need to wash my brushes and have only tried it applying with my fingers! Shame on me, I know. The coverage is still pretty light but it pretty much dries and sets nearly instantly it feels! I'm happy with it but sorta sad that my shade I got is so light! I'm wearing #9 Neutral which was a good beige tone as the next shades were too warm and yellow for my complexion. The best part was that I didn't feel like I really needed a powder on top to set it! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kimmi1115

@dianabt  I may have to check out a tester next time I'm at the Clinique counter.  I prefer light coverage, but the TN weather shows no mercy for it lol.

kimmi1115

@sephoramusthave  You got Dandelion!!  Yay!  I'm happy for you, and it is such a sweet shade of pink.  I think you'll find plenty of use out of it. 

My nail polish haul from Ulta and TJ Maxx!

haul 1.JPG

Left Corner:  The hard to find Revlon Whimsical polish. Zoya polishes at Ulta were buy 2, get 1 free.  I've not tried the brand before, but a lot of users on Instagram seem to like it.  I picked up Zuza, Mimi, and Opal.

Right Corner: Nicki Minaj OPI Mini Set from TJ Maxx!!  I almost bought the full sized pink at Ulta, but I'm glad I didn't.  I found the set for $7.99!!  Score!!!

Bottom: Vintage Minnie Mouse minis.  I kept the box because I thought it was cute, and Mickey and Minnie Mouse has a special meaning for me now since I've been with Lanndan.  Ulta was sold out of the full sized bottles.

haul 2.JPG

The sets out of the boxes lol.

Top: The Color of Minnie, If You Moust You Moust, I'm All Ears, and RapiDry TopCoat

Bottom: Did It On 'Em, Fly, Pink Friday, and Metallic 4 Life

I'm in nail polish Heaven!!! lol

dianabt

@Kimmi I saw the mini Minnie Mouse sets at another location similar to our Sephora stores... lol but I didn't buy it! There's another beauty supply store in my neighborhood that had the mini set so I think I may have to pick it up tomorrow! :smileyhappy:

That being said, I've purchased nothing new except opening a Rimmel mascara with a curved brush (my eyes are huge so they work better with those shaped brushes!) and a Dove body spray. Nothing exciting but I do need a new eyelid primer, I'm going to pick up the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer! I just opened a sample and love it compared to my UDPP gold shimmery base. 

Photo Finish Lid Primer

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
sephoramusthave

Kimmi---I love the Nicki Minaj and Minnie Mouse packaging!! I'm a fan of both :smileyvery-happy:

I love the pink polishes!

kimmi1115

@sephoramusthave  It took me a while to decide which ones to try first lol.  I ended up using Zoya Zuza (the blue) on my toes with broken shell like nail art pieces on my big toe, and the OPI Pink Friday on my finger nails with Zoya Opal over it.  I think I'm in love with the light bubble gum pink!

@dianabt  It's a really cute set, and pink and red polishes can be good for any event!

geminibreeze

Cargo cosmetics are def top notch! Their mattifier is the best in the summer! Cool haul!

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

geminibreeze---I really love CARGO too, and the only Sephora around me that still carries the line has decided to discontinue the brand so everything CARGO was in the sale section. I got everything for 14-17 bucks each and I am seriously thinking about going back and getting another lip gloss quad and powder blush before someone else takes it.

I've been eyeing the new Too Faced Sexy palette too! It looks so pretty but I just know that I dont need any more shadows.

:smileysad:

geminibreeze

@sephormusthaves I am soooo jealous of that Cargo sale! lol Their lipgloses are awesome as well. I have several of them. And their so conviently sized!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 967 replies
  • 1474 hearts
  • 118 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • kalex
    • runy