officegal

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  :smileyvery-happy:

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

mrsl81

Re: Post your recent hauls!

The Chic Week promo could not have come at a better time...yesterday I treated myself to some retai ltherapy and took home lots of goodies.  I got:

SEPHORA COLLECTION Pro Foundation Airbrush #56 - Pro Airbrush Precision 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Pro Blush Brush #49

Clarisonic Mia™ Skin Cleansing System - Yellow

Too Faced Primed & Poreless Powder

NARS Blush - Orgasm

First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser

First Aid Beauty Daily Face Cream

The only thing I didn't get that I really wanted was the Nars Pure Radiant TM (which ironically was the item I wanted the most) since the store was out of stock but seeing as I qualified for VIB status now I have something to buy with my 10% welcome offer :smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

I originally went into JCP to look at purse that I was interested.  It ended up being a no go since the main compartment didn't zip closed (that bugs the heck out of me).  I looked at other stores and nothing called out to me.  Maybe summer lines will have something I'll want.  Anyway, since I couldn't find a purse I liked, I went with plan B: Sephora and my VIB offer.

I picked up:

• Benefit Badgal Lash Mascara for my mom.  I went ahead and bought it for her just in case she doesn't make it up to JC over the weekend.
  • Sephora Color Reveal Lip Balm in Unique Pink.  I've never tried a product that changes to the right shade for a person.  I tried the tester and it came out nice and my lips felt so smooth!  I like the scent, too.
  • Stila Eyeshadow Trio in Bella.  I've not tried Stila eyeshadow, and I love the three pinks in it!  I think my Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadow in Pomegrante Punk will be the perfect liner for it!
kssweetheart

@kimmi1115 - Like your new picture, cute. Also, I was considering getting the Sephora Color Reveal Lip Balm in Unique Pink, you mentioned that you like the scent, can you tell me what it smells like? That's always a huge factor for me, I'm super sensitive to a lot of 'flavors-scents' I also wondered if your hair is naturally wavy and/or if you use any special 'appliances' to make it wavy/curly. Thanks in advance.

kimmi1115

@kssweetheart  I actually ended up returning the lip balm and eyeshadow trio.  A bit of buyer's remorse and being too too picky about a purse lol.  The eyeshadow trio looked too much like colors I already had.  Anyway, the lip balm's scent, to me, was kind of a light flower scent.  Nothing super strong like in perfumes, but that's the first word that popped into my mind for some reason.  My mom has a sensitive nose when it comes to lotions, perfumes, and makeup, and I think the smell would bug her a bit.  If that is kind of how you are as well, you may be slightly annoyed by it. 

Thanks!  :smileyhappy:  My hair is naturally curly.  The hair products I use I get from Sally's Beauty Supply, and they are a life saver!  It took years for me to find products that worked.  The main thing: no sulfates.  Sulfates are evil!  My shampoo and conditioner is a cleanser called Hair One.  It's organic and whatnot, and it works just like Wen products advertised on tv, but at a cheaper price.  I don't use any heat styling tools unless I decide straighten my hair.  The only time I use a hair dryer is when I want my nail polish is dry quicker lol.

kssweetheart

@kimmi1115 - I meant to tell you that a while back you mentioned the Spyder and then put some pictures up, I wasn't sure if I'd seen it or not. Well, I've seen it about 10 times since then, funny how that happens. Wonder how it is to drive that? Thanks for posting the pic's for me. :smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

@kimmi1115 - loved your post. I know that buyers remorse all to well. Your description and mention of your moms smellyish issues were very helpful, I won't be buying the lip product, so thanks for one less incidence of buyers remorse. I'll have to make a note of Hair One, I'm pretty sure I've heard of it before, good to know another wavy/curly girl likes it. I'm on the fence about Wen, it is quite pricey. I know how hard it is to find just the right product. When I'm going curly I have some great products that define my curl & make it non-crunchy, I hate crunchy hair. Sometimes when I go wavy I'll use my hot curling brush really quickly just to give it a little more polish or lift at roots.

I love that you only use your hair dryer for your nails, 99% of the time, me too. My other faves are sticking my hands in ice cold water or in the freezer. When I'm really late and decide I have to do something to my nails in the 12 seconds before I leave the house I would actually position the a/c vents in my car just right so that they would blow as cold & hard as possible on my nails.(I don't recommend this) Obviously, a much better option in the summer.:smileytongue:

kimmi1115

@kssweetheart  I about had a heart attack when I saw the price of it, especially for how quickly it can be used up.  My aunt gave me a bottle as a gift.  When it was about gone, I looked into prices.  Not college kid friendly lol.  Sally's has large sample packets you can buy to try it before deciding on a bottle.  The bottles at Sally's are $11.00 or $10.49 if you have a Sally's Beauty Club Card.  Wen is about thirty to forty for the set?  I haven't looked in a long time so I'm not 100% sure. 

SBS-737114.jpg

Another curly hair product I recently tried from Sally's and love is Curls Unleashed No Boundaries Leave-In Conditioner.  The Generic Company discontinued its version of Redken Anti-Snap (and worked just the same), and one of the employees suggested this product to me.  I love it!  My curls curl up better, and the bottom ringlets look better, too.  It's amazing how a change in product can make such a difference.

SBS-311251.jpg

I never thought of sticking my hands in the freezer to dry my nails.  I'll have to give that a try next time!  Thanks for the tip! 

spoiledgirl05

My haul:

Yesterday I purchased an Amika flat iron online. Can't wait to receive it!

Today in store I bought:

*Pyto-Phytheol Intense Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (for my bf)

*Sephora Instant Moisturizer

*Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream

*DiorShow Maximizer Lash Primer

*Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara

*Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara

*Benefit Erase Paste

*Benefit They're Real Mascara (Mini)

*OPI Trend Tips, Cheetah

* Sephora Mini Eyeshadow Applicators

And redeemed 100 points on Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Primer

Tomorrow I will make another online purchase and get

*Dr. Brandt Vacuum Cleaner 

*Perfekt Matte Body Perfection Gel

since the store didn't have them in stock

Big haul but I was in heaven at Sephora looking at the eyeshadows and other eye makeup

missjr

Well, since I was nearly out of the Caudalie Cleansing Water, I had no choice but to replenish that.  I also took the opportunity to order:

(a)        NARS Highlighting/Bronzing Blush Duo in Orgasm/Laguna; and

(b)        NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

I will hold out on purchasing anything else, but I see a new mascara in my future.  The Lancôme Définicils high-definition mascara has been on my shopping list for some time now.

missjr

After swearing off Sephora in February, I ended up having to order a couple of things that I consider to be must-haves:

1)  After being perfectly matched with a sample of the MUFE HD Invisible Cover Foundation, I ordered it in shade #180.  I tried using a bottle of the foundation I've used for years and for some bizarre reason, it just wasn't the same.  There simply was no going back even though I was always happy with that brand.  Wonder why?

2)  Of course, I have to take care of my brushes, too, so I ended up ordering the Sephora Daily Brush Cleaner and the Shampoo.

What I've been doing also is keeping close tabs on my shopping list and only add items that I need.  Fortunately, I am okay with what I have at  home so I should be able to get through March without buying anything else.  My next hauls though will include the beautiful Nars blushes that were highly recommended to me.  Just in time for spring!

prettyinpa

I had to attend a meeting in the city where my closest Sephora is recently, and as a present to myself for not throwing my tea at some of the odious people at the meeting :smileywink:, I made the following haul: 

Sephora Collection Makeup Organizer with kissys on it- This bag is so tidy, a place for brushes on one side an a very nice sized place on the other side for makeup. (Thanks Janine, I got the black one for my niece and the sale one for me)!

Yu-Be Moisturizing Cream- I got a sample of this and love how it hydrates this annoying dry cracked place on my left hand. I don't know if it's eczema or what but it goes away with the cream so I bought the full sized tube.

Sale Sephora Collection Fragrance atomizer- How could I resist a $10 sprayer for $3?

Sephora Collection Platinum Blush Brush-  To put in my new kissy bag!

Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Tarnish in Scandal-  Great natural color and has a pleasant long lasting look.

Plus I had fun getting little custom samples of various products that have been intriguing me but not enough to order online without testing.

dianabt

I've been good at not purchasing tons of items but the other day I just couldn't help myself...

1. Origins Gin Zing (totally brightening but my sensitive eyes were not a fan at all.. :smileysad:

2. Sephora Collection Rouge Cream lipstick #7 Jealous

3. Sephora Collection Lip Attitude Glamour #4 peach coral

4. Living Proof Full Styling Cream

5. Sephora Collection "Elegant" lashes

Plus a new hair curler from John Freida, a few new polishes from random drug store brands, and a MAC blush and liner. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
janinebt

@prettyinpa you're very welcome :smileyhappy:.

Like Diana I've also been VERY good with my spending. I've only purchased a few things this month.

-Carol's Daughter Chocolat Smoothing Blow Dry Cream (which is amazing, amazing, amazing! I have to admit...I was a tiny bit bummed when I realized it didn't really smell all that chocolatey...it has a very light hot chocolate-esque scent)

-Mat Velvet+ Foundation

-Sephora Collection foundation brush

In terms of non Sephora products: I added a few red cherry lashes to my lash drawer, got a new eye make up remover (which I really don't like), and a few random nail polishes.

I'll probably have a more 'exciting' haul before the month is over. I need to stock up on some beauty staples, plus there are a lot of new products that I really want to add to my collection :smileyhappy:, so I'll be sure to update you all when it happens!

Whimsically yours,
Janine
grammarous

[ Edited ]

I tend to run out of everything at once, which makes for great hauls, but hurts my poor wallet! I also had a birthday a couple of weeks ago, so of course I had to treat myself :smileyhappy:

I ended up doing several consecutive orders, so I could maximize my freebies!

• Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser 
  • Boscia Detoxifying Black Pore Strips 
  • Fresh Soy Cleanser 
  • Buxom lip polish in Katie (deluxe sample) 
  • Ouidad Climate Control Heat and Humidity Gel (deluxe sample) 
  • Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief moisturizer 
  • Beautyblender duo w/ cleanser 
  • Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (deluxe sample) 
  • Fresh Sugar bday gift 
  • Philosophy Party Girl set (deluxe sample) 
  • Laura Mercier Lingerie Eye & Cheek palette (happy birthday to me!)
  • tarte Intro to Amazonian Clay kit (deluxe sample)
  • Korres Wild Rose Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial (deluxe sample) 

Whew, that should set me for a few months!

candleashes

shopped the Too Faced Vintage sale. It was inexpensive and, most importantly, I got my favorite eyeshadow in Boy Toy. I wish Sephora still carried the eyeshadow duos. That was my first high end makeup purchase ever and I'm still in love with it. Here's everything I got:

Eyeshadow duos: boy toy, lucky charms, totally toasted, poodle puff,lovey dovey, cocoa puff/honey pot

Leopard love kit (love the candy leopard, wanted it for a while)

lock down in boy toy

baked eyeshadow - magenta and amber

feeling a sephora haul coming soon (my birthday is coming up and it's during spring break) ^_^

janinebt

I picked up some goodies that I'm very excited for. Some are old favorites and some new things that I've been wanting to try. 

• Kat Von D Lock N' Load Setting Spray
  • Soap & Glory Hand Food (it's the best hand cream I've ever used!)
  • Soap & Glory Heel Genius
  • Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten (Such a beautiful color. It looks incredible on everyone)
  • Sephora Collection Cleansing Wipes
  • Too Faced BB Cream in Beach Glow (I'm crazy for this BB cream it makes my skin feel so soft, and the fact that it has SPF is makes it even better)
Whimsically yours,
Janine
dianabt

Okay I gave in and bought MORE. I can't control myself! :smileyhappy:

-Anthony Logistics Eye Cream

-Dior Lip Addict Extreme in "Avenue"

-3x pairs of Sephora Collection lashes in "Elegant"

-Spa Ritual nail polish (new in stores!!)

-Jack Black Lip Balm in Blackberry and Black Tea

-Lancome Huile Douceur cleanser

:smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
makeupobesessed

Good for you and ur haul. Isn't it fun? I loved the sugar bday gift! I'm due for a haul soon myself. I cannot afford to buy more makeup but I so need it?...whine...
makeupobesessed

I've had to hide the boxes from my husband, and he keeps beating me home. I don't think he understands this new found makeup thing ive got going...
jxw200

@makeupobsessed he will understand eventually, I hope! lol

@kimmi, what shades did you choose? I got raspberry pie & berry smoothie! I wanted peach parfait though. 

Over the weekend i went to sephora to make a return and got:

Too Faced Natural Face Palette

Sephora OPI To the Glitter End Polish

Stila Smudge Crayon in Smoke

and then i went to CVS and got:

Revlon lip butters in raspberry pie & berry smoothie

milani hd concealer (pretty nice!) 

milani bronzer in medium (its more a blush though, still not bad)

Since i had credit at sephora (my returns were purchased on gift cards!) i didn't spend any money there. and at CVS i only spent $11.35 bc of their sale & $5 extrabucks. SO i've decided i didn't *really* violate my no buy. 

oh and a swap came in the mail and i got thebalm cabana boy. and the zoya nail polish i got during their free polish promotion finally came too. (Free doesn't count right? I only had to pay for shipping...?)

i have problems lol. 

kimmi1115

@jxw200 I picked up Sugar Frosting and Creamsicle, but I ended up exchanging the Creamsicle one earlier today.  It looked similar to a lipstick I already have once I applied it.  I exchanged it for Berry Smoothie, which I was originally looking at anyway lol.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 967 replies
  • 1474 hearts
  • 118 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • kalex
    • runy