officegal

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  :smileyvery-happy:

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

missjr

Re: Post your recent hauls!

Sighhhh...I'm embarrassed to admit that I did it again!  I stopped by Sephora on my way home because I decided to change my skincare routine.  I normally use Clinique's 3-step program to cleanse.  Although my skin is oily, it is a lot drier during the winter months so I wanted to try a more kinder, gentler cleanser.  I picked up the Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser and the Toning Lotion.  And because of the number of points I have as a Beauty Insider, I chose the Clinique Moisture Surge as my bonus.  Thanks to the recommendation I received from the Sephora experts, one of the store's cast members did a color match for me and gave me a sample of the MUFE HD foundation #175.  Good times, my friends; good times!

marinaanne147

[ Edited ]

Not a haul since January? February No-Buys are going well!

Well, my birthday was in February so I most definitely have some stuff to put down here. All of these are gifts and all are available at Sephora:

1. Buxom Diamond Lips in Clair

2. Buxom Lip Cream in Creamsicle

3. Sephora by O.P.I. Trend Tips (The floral ones)

4. Sephora Medium Shopping Bag Makeup Palette

5. Anastasia Illumin8 Eyeshadow Duo in Power Lunch

6. The Body Shop Small Body Butter in Cranberry Joy

7. Donna Karen Cashmere Mist Deoderant (Yes, this was a gift! haha)

8. Sephora Gift Cards

I'm really happy and grateful for my gifts. When I use up the 2 giftcards I got,  I will post what I bought with them. i think I have a pretty good idea though...

EDIT: I also picked up the awesome birthday gift from Sephora of 2 mini Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments as well as that excellent NARS VIB Promo when I picked myself up a new Fresh Soy Cleanser and my mom Benefit They're Real Mascara

marinaanne147

For my birthday, I recieved two Sephora gift cards from two different people, worth (I think) 85 dollars. Today was the VIB Chic Week event so a few of my friends and I headed down to Sephora. Each of them got one thing (they all payed together so they could get my "+ 1 friend" discount! Sorry! ) and I got 3 things and still have around 35 dollars left on a giftcard! Yay! I have wanted the things I got for a rather long time so I'm really happy, especially since I got them at 15% off!

1. Sephora Collection Lash & Eyebrow Brush #21 - I've heard really good things about this, especially from Temptalia's Christine, about how this combs out mascara clumps and really separates your lashes no matter what mascara you're using. My brows have been annoying me lately and I have some clumpy mascaras so I'm glad to pick this up!

2. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Natural Beauty - I was debating between this and Exposed and, though I'll probably end up with both at some point in time, I'm glad I got this one. It really is a beautiful strawberry pink and I've wanted it forever. 

3. Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Liner in Demolition - I didn't have a UD 24/7 before this and I was DYING for one for forever so at Sephora today I swatched a lot and though this wasn't the prettiest (when you have all the colors UD has, i don't think matte dark brown will ever be the prettiest) it is very wearable and isn't too dark/black for my blond hair. LOVE!

That was way too much talking...:smileywink:

kimmi1115

Last week, I received a coupon from VS for a free Beauty Rush lip gloss with a purchase.   I ended up purchasing the VS Pro lip scrub and balm, and that stuff is amazing!  After using it, my lips feel so soft and the texture appears smoother as well.  The lip gloss flavor I picked up was Taffy Go Lucky, and it smells like the circus peanut candy. 

makeupobesessed

Oh wow kimmi, I never get a VS coupon for makeup, it's always for a panty. They did send me a coupon for my bday for just 10$ off a purchase...
kimmi1115

While at Walgreens, I picked up a couple of the Revlon Lip Butters.  I've heard really good things about them so far.  I tried it once today, and it went on so smoothly and felt so soft!  The pink I got looks good on me, but I haven't tried the other shade yet.  Fingers crossed it looks good, too. 

lovepink15

benefit's bella bamba

urban decay- 24/7 glide on shadow in stash <3 $19

lorac glamarazzi collection <3 $12

hello kitty noir compact <3 $9

hello kitty nail polish in starry night <3 $5

kat von d eyeshadow palette in saint

hello kitty noir brush set in ruby

too faced shadow insurance

hello kitty wide tooth comb <3 $7

hello kitty blotting tissues<3 $5

some stuff was on sale and just too good to pass up

fran11

[ Edited ]

So I have come to realize that I cannot be within a mile of a Sephora store and not find a way to visit it! :smileyhappy:  Needless to say, I stopped in last night and purchased some great stuff.  I mean, I had to stop right, I was already in the area!  I also had a VIB coupon that was burning a hole in my purse!

Here's the damage:

- Bare MInerals Foundation (was almost out)

- UDPP in Original (was completely out)

- Tarina Tarantino Dollskin Cheek in Charm

- NARS Lipstick in Dolce Vita

- NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Kuala/Lumpur (love love love love it!)

-MUFE Aqua Eyes Liner ( a medium brown)

- Benefit Tan About Town deluxe sample kit (I have been wanting to try both the badgal lash mascara and hoola bronzer so this is a great, inexpensive way to do so!)

I also cashed in my points for the Lancome Best of Eyes gift.  What sold me was the shadow pallete had very similar colors as another Lancome palette I have been eyeing.  I also love when kits come with mini mascara because it is a great way to try new ones, and they are also the perfect size - I feel like less product is wasted when it comes time to toss it!  I am also looking forward to trying the eye cream.  

I have made several purchases this month.  I am officially declaring a no-buy February (not just at Sephora).  My boyfriend was quick to point out that February is the shortest month of the year  :smileywink:

dagriff

(0) Hearts
This has been a fun thread to follow for a year now. My new office assistant loves to cook and loves make up--I don't foresee us being very productive!!! Last year I bought Sephora's mascara sampler and had the same reaction as most of you: most were dry. When I returned it, I was told they were "powdered mascaras." Ya right. Since I haven't posted for a while, here's the newest additions to my collection: *Bare Minerals Mineral Veil PRESSED powder (finally!) *Dr Jart Beauty Balm: I know I mentioned previously but this deserves a second HOOPLA. This stuff is magic and every woman over 35 should run, not walk, to get this. My skin has never looked so good. I have the light brown tube, it's lightly tinted and unlike most tinted skin products, the tint actually stays. It's illuminating and just plain magical. *Three eye brow pencils: Dior: returned, too dry/hard; Benefit: didn't return but should have, it "disappears" very quickly; Lancome is the one I use *Cargo 3 mascara *Benefit's They're Real mascara *Clinique's Lash Power (this has a smaller brush so I use it on my bottom lashes only *Nars blush in Sin: kinda dark for me but I just apply lightly *Smashbox Halo Highlighting Wand *Bare Minerals Pretty Amazing Lip Stick in Confidence (rose): it goes on like lipgloss but is definitely lipstick. It has good lasting power. *YSL lipstick in Rouge: very perceptive sales person pointed out that I prefer sheer lipstick; I hadn't put that together myself. We were matching an Estee Lauder lipstick. *Clinique Exfoliating Scrub: makes my face tingle!! I'm waiting on my Sephora discounted giftcard from plasticjungle dot com. $198 for $167, kinda makes my heart skip a beat!!! It's been fun catching up, girls. I hope 2012 is the *prettiest* year you've ever lived! Derrinda in Minnesota
dagriff

(0) Hearts
How the heck do you guys get the paragraph spacing/double returns to stay??? I tried hitting return three times to make paragraphs and they didn't stay. Derrinda in MN
bellatree

My post Xmas Haul includes.....

1. Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil - 0.3 oz Mineral Veil
2. SEPHORA COLLECTION Pro Blush Brush #49
3. SEPHORA COLLECTION Pro Foundation Airbrush #55
4. SEPHORA COLLECTION Pro Concealer Airbrush #57
5. Benefit Cosmetics Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner - Birthday Suit
6. MAKE UP FOR EVER Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation - No. 20 - Ivory
7. SEPHORA COLLECTION Pro Foundation Airbrush #56
jxw200

i did pick up loreal infallible shadow in bronzed taupe and eternal black on new year's eve... 

No buy time! ahhh

missjr

Sephora is the "worst" thing that's ever happened to my pocketbook!  I LOVE the store and I love this site!

My most recent hauls:

--Hourglass Mineral Veil primer

--Donna Karan Pure perfume and body lotion

--Urban Decay Naked palette

--MUFE haibuku brush

--Caudelie Cleansing Water

--A Clarisonic deep pore cleansing brush for my Mia

maltipoo66

Hey there!  Here's my holiday haul:

1. Purity cleanser (was running out)

2.Sephora Classic Mineral Powder Brush #45  -so soft!

3. Buxom Lash (for my mom)

4. MUFE eye makeup remover

I've been wanting to get the Urban Decay Naked 1 palette since it came out...but I feel bad since I have so much eyeshadow I really should go through first.  So frustrating because it's such a perfect palette! :smileyhappy:

keelybt

My most recent haul:

Sephora by Opi It's Bouquet With Me - I painted my nails with Chest-Nuts About You and then used It's Bouquet With Me on the tips. 

Lorac Private Affair Palette -Really pretty rich colors in a super cute case.

Tarina Tarantino Eyelicity Glitter Liner in Magic Mirror -Really pretty colors, user-friendly and goes on so smoothly (no glitter chunks)

Murad Hydro-Dynamic™Ultimate Moisture

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

I went to Sephora and I got 

2 Josie Maran Argan Care Kits(one for me, one for mommy's bday)

Lancome Dual Finish Powder in Matte Porcelaine I (perfect match)

then I went to Whole Foods and got...

1. Hemp Organics Lipstick in Pink Satin

2. Gabriel Cosmetics Lipstick in Sheer Pink

3. Egyptian Magic Skin Cream

Okay. I am officially on a January No Buy.

sara505

My holiday haul was:

Essie nail polish in Mink Muffs and Lady Like

Marc Jacobs Lola perfume

UD Lip Envy Lip Stain in Greedy

UD Lipstick in Gash

NARS blush in Dolce Vita

beautyblender

replaced my MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural

MAC lipstick in Dubonnet

I tired to wait to spend my giftcards until after the new year so that my purchases would go towards acheiving VIB for 2013 BUTTTT they were burning holes in my pockets so I went right after Christmas. I am trying to be good and resist going back for more but so many things are calling to me :smileyvery-happy:

projill

Okay- I have been in a shopping mood since it is the Holidays...and I couldn't resist doing a little shopping for myself too!

Here is my most recent additions to my makeup collection:

Nars Blush Palette- I couldn't resist and I LOVE it!

Tarina Tarantino Dollskin Cheek Palette- I ordered this from Sephora.com and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival!
Sephora Bronzing Sunless Tanning Mist- I needed some color since I am winter white right now

Stila It Girl Eye Shadow Palette- I ordered 2 from .com- one for me and one for a gift...$14 for 3 shadows- I couldn't say no :smileytongue:

Smashbox Brow Tech To Go Pencil

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella

Sephora Quilted Metallic Bag- so cute and convenient! Not big enough for all of my makeup, but I am using this for all of my everyday essentials and then keep my "extras" in other bags/makeup cases.

OPI for Sephora Be-Clause I Said So red glitter nail polish and Chestnuts About You nail polish

Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Foundation- I am so impressed by this foundation.... ah-mazing.

Sephora Collection Retractable Lip Pencil in Nude- one of my staples

Hello Kitty Noir Eye Shadow Palette- it is on sale for $34 so I couldn't resist

I might be missing something but I think that is most everything....

Happy Holidays,

xoxo

Jill 

sephoramusthave

Jill----What is the quality/pigmentation like in the Hello Kitty Noir Palette? When Hello Kitty makeup first came out, I wasnt pleased with their makeup *at all*. No pigment, very powdery, it was below drugstore quality. This palette is HUGE and it does have a lot of neutrals, and it would make the perfect gift for any teen that loves makeup. Whats your opinion on this new product?

I went to Merle Norman yesterday and I bought

1. Merle Norman Creamy Lipcolor in Satin Cinnamon (full coverage baby pink)

And I had an excellent experiene at Merle Norman too! It was my first time buying anything, I had been in there before for a couple of minutes just to check things out but yesterday I went in and sat down and tried on a bunch of lipcolors. The woman in there made me feel like a guest in her house! She put on Christmas music and laid out all of the tester materials that I would need. You know what this place has that I wish Sephora did? They have samples of every single makeup/skincare product in little sealed plastic packages. Only you open them, and only you touch them. You dont have to disinfect testers that have been laying out and used hundreds of times. Anything that you see in the store that you want to try on, they have a sealed sample for you. I LOVED that. I was beyond thrilled. I WILL absolutely come back to this place for more makeup!

Sephora, you need to get in on this.

phillips943

Mary kay used to have samples like that too. It's so nice and a great idea. I hate the fact that I have to be concerned all the time about how clean one of the testers is in Sephora. Plus, after it has been sanitized it doesn't go on the same way it would if it was an unaltered product. I notice it makes it dry and sometimes cakey. Mascara isn't even an option for me to try on in the store because by the time you want to try it, it seems like its all chunky and dried up. I also question how clean the brushes are that they use sometimes because I've noticed they're rarely visibly clean and sometimes they don't disinfect them after they use them on me. I have very sensitive/acne prone skin so it's a big concern of mine. I'm so glad you brought this up! Also I've always heard good things about Merle Norman I've just never went there.

-Heidi

sephoramusthave

prettyinpa---Merle Norman is a small beauty salon BUT they actually do have a lot of stuff! They dont have as much as Sephora or Ulta of course, but they do have an isle full of makeup on one side, a isle of skincare (not interested in that) on the other side, some accessories like purses and scarves on one corner and a beauty station on the other side where you sit down, look in the mirror and try stuff on. They have so many different testing materials too! And they have an area in the back where they do facials and stuff. It reminds me of a boutique I used to go to a lot called Papillon. It closed over a year ago but it was a mini spa, a skincare/makeup store, and they had great jewerly too. They carried Bare Escentuals and a few other top makeup companies. I used to get so many sets from there because they carried giftsets no one else had. And they had the best deals. RIP Papillon.

I was actually really impressed with the Merle Norman lipsticks. They stay put until you eat/drink, come in many different finishes (creamy, anti aging..), they dont smell/taste bad, little goes long way, and not drying. Even when I barely dipped the tester wand in my *brand new and sealed* tester the color would fully cover my *very* pigmented pink lips. I found at least 3 colors that I like but since I already have a handful of lip products, and makeup does expire, this will probably be my last lip purchase for awhile. They have cream shadows too! Will try them on next time though. I went in with a full face of makeup on and didnt feel like removing anything and the lipstick was long gone so I just tried on lip products. I also tried some lipglosses, they have different kinds....one tasted just god-awful and the other was one of the best I've ever tried! All of their glosses are full coverage, and the one I liked tasted like vanilla or candy. One of my MAC lipsticks has an initial vanilla bean smell but it kinda makes me sick when I have it on. I'm not a gloss girl and actually only own 3 but Merle Norman has a great formula that I really like. Not sticky, moisturizing, full coverage, smells great and tasteless....good stuff. They have a website with all their products up so you could browse around if you're interested in looking.

I've always liked smaller stores better, I dont have to wait until a mirror is open and no one bugs me when I try on stuff.

phillips943----I've tried 2 Mary Kay skincare products ( Velocity cleanser and moisturizer and dont like them) but I've never tried their makeup. They come to the Rodeo every year but I've always found the sales people there too pushy so I havent bought anything from them in years. They always have 3-4 people at a TINY little station and the second I just pick up a brochure they are all over me. I dont like getting makeovers. I dont like other people putting stuff one me. And I especially dont want them calling me on my cell and coming over to my house to sell me makeup. I want to do it myself. I'm pretty sure I sampled a Mary Kay lipstick but it was ultra drying. I cant test mascara either. Even if the tube is brand brand new, the tester brushes are not the same as the actual product so it doesnt matter if I test it out because when I get it home it will go on differently/look different because of the brush. And Amen on those tester brushes. I wonder sometimes what SA's do all day....there are a lot of places that rarely get any customers that actually mess with the testers and the few that do stop by for a makeover or product recommendation...they cant even clean up after those! I'm especially furious when I see this at department stores or places like Neiman Marcus. They of all people need to keep their stations, and supplies CLEAN. Cant stand it when a Chanel or a YSL counter has dirty brushes. If you want to me to fork over hundreds of dollars for a handful of items, I want to see clean supplies. I'm not buying anything without trying it on first. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 967 replies
  • 1474 hearts
  • 118 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • kalex
    • runy