officegal

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  :smileyvery-happy:

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

kimmi1115

Re: Post your recent hauls!

@jxw200  I love my Eco-Tools brushes!  :smileyvery-happy:  I've not tried their blush brush.  I have their travel eye brush set and concealer brush.  I love the concealer brush.  I use it almost everyday. 

jxw200

I have an ecotools blush brush - it's decent! I'm now obsessing over the nars yachiyo brush but sephora doesn't carry it and I can't decide where to get it from! Plus I shouldn't spend the $ yet anyway, given that I have a nice trish mcevoy brush that I love too. Arg!
katie723

(0) Hearts

@kimmi oh yay, what color Bare Escentuals blush do you have?? :smileyhappy: I havent opened them yet. that would be wonderful if they made them into pressed blushes!! the outlet store i went to didnt carry any of the pressed eye shadows =(

im actually thinking of returning all 3 MAC lip glosses i purchased. one made my lips burn (thats not good!), one wasn't as exciting as i thought and the other was suuuuuper nude and totally washed me out. but i loveeee the cream blush i bought! have you ever tried a cream blush?

geminibreeze

@Katie Mac has out some pretty sweet holiday deals on lip sets. I picked up the Sultry Lipbag that actually is more nude then anything else, but it works. I have the same problem with most nudes, because my lips are really pigmented, most nudes look crappy on me. (Like the "i slapped foundation on my lips effect lol" This set has a lipstick called  I Love Winter. It is the perfect combo of nude with a slight touch of pink and the creme sheen gloss it comes with Deelight is the perfect complement to it. (Although the lipstick actually looks really good on it's own too!) I never actually had a nude set work! Although there name of Sultry is kinda weird for the colors. Maybe Bare woulda been better.

@Kimmi I never tried BE blushes, but I sooo understand about the mess! I love the Mineral Veil powder, but have just been living off of my mini ones from random samples and kits, because I can't commit to something I can't tote around without making a total mess! lol But I seen in the catalogue/ad they sent regular mail that it does exist! It just isn't sold online or at my local Sephora yet. I bet they will be making blushes like this real soon!

kimmi1115

@katie723  I have the one in Beauty:

beauty.jpg

At first I thought it would be dark, but when I tried it at the store it looked natural.  I figured a darker shade would be better for Fall/Winter anyway. 

If that one burned your lips, that is not good at all.  Perhaps it's an ingedient in it?  I've not tried any cream blushes.  Are they easy to work with?

katie723

@kimmi Beauty looks pretty! =) the set i got at the outlet store included: Posh (soft pink), hot shot (deep pink) and first class (peach). im going to try them over the weekend =) have you found a good technique that works for you with the application? mine came w/ a brush so i hope that helps me!

The lip glosses from MAC were probably old... because the outlet store that I bought it from carry all the older / discontinued items! so it must have been sitting there for awhile... yikes! This was my first cream blush, too and I was afraid of the application... but it's really simple! I use a stipple brush ($3 E.l.f one... sooo soft!!) and dab it into the cream blush once or twice, dab it on the back of my hand and then swipe it on my cheeks =) It blends so well and gives a beautiful glowy (not oily) flush =) The mac cream blush was $13.50, but NYX has some really good ones that I want to try... I think they're about $9-10 =)

umm, @isha85... can you be my new shopping buddy???? :smileytongue: my bf would hate that, but i sure wouldnt mind!! haha =) thats great that your smashbox glosses didnt smell!! i probably did get a bad batch =( so i take it you're enjoying your mac fluid line?? :smileyhappy:

@geminibreeze you're right! i saw a bunch of the lip sets from Temptalia's website and they look sooo good! =) i had put that on my wishlist for my friend, so hopefully she picks out a nice set :smileywink:

*i disappear from BT for one whole day and there is just SO MUCH going on!! :smileyhappy:

isha85

[ Edited ]

@Katie723 ... I would luv 2 b ur new shopping buddy.. too bad we dont live in same country or city (well Im assuming u dont have it listed) .... Yes am I enjoying the MAC Fluidline its great!!! .... I love when a product(s) work exactly how u want/expect it too.... Thx again for that u saved me alot of time and $ with that recommendation....

@Katie723 and Kimmi1115 Have u ladies bought anything new???

katie723

@isha85 aww, i'm in southern california... so you're suuuuper far!! LOL. glad the fluidline worked out!! =) r u just looking for a black one? or r u going to check out the other colors?

i havent bought anything since my mac & bare escentuals haul... but i am going to Nordstroms and sephora this weekend so we'll see!! and im going to the Sephora VIB holiday shopping event next thursday night to do some xmas shopping! woo hoo!!

isha85

[ Edited ]

@Katie723.... We might as well be on different continents!! LOL.... Just a side note Im so jealous of u... Its starting to get *bleep* cold here and Im not liking it 1 bit!!!

I think Im gonna stick with the black for now... I just got the Smashbox pencils besides the black it has a gold/champagne color, blue, green and brown so I think Im gonna try to use those up before I buy anymore liners... since I just did my granddaddy of all purges on my make-up collection I don't wanna get back to that "buying more than I can ever possibly use" phase..... Which is gonna be sooooo hard....

Im going to Sephora this wkend too..... we can shop in spirit together!! I have to finish re-stocking my make-up collection just a few more items and I will be done... yaaaayyy!!! .... Im so jealous south of the border has all the best stores... the stores in Canada suck!! .... Well their not that bad but still our Sephora's dont carry even half of what the Sephora's in the U.S does we dont have the Sephora VIB holiday shopping event either :smileysad: :smileysad:  and we dont have Nordstoms ( which I love.. Go there everytime Im in the U.S) or Macy's or Neiman Marcus  ... :smileysad: :smileysad: ... None the less I hope u find some great stuff/products!!! Happy shopping!!

katie723

@isha85 oh really! today was like our first suuuper cold day (and it rained) but im sure its NOTHING compared to you guys, huh!! haha :smileyhappy:

how are the smashbox pencils? do you like them better than the 24/7?

woohoo, what are you getting this weekend at sephora?! :smileyhappy: i'm just picking up a gift for my boss, i dont want to spend too much without the 20% off. that sucks that Canada has half of the goodies from Sephora! and there isnt a Nordstroms or Macys!! Wow! What are your biggest department stores? do you have a Target? Lol. I went to Vancouver and Victoria Island last year, but I wasn't as obsessed with Sephora/makeup as I am today so I didn't even pay attention!

dont worry though, i heard we cant buy the Shu Uemura eye lash curler in the states anymore?? only in Canada?? at least thats what a makeup artist told me! so im really sad about that! i really want to try it!

isha85

[ Edited ]

@Katie723 ... Good morning :smileyhappy: ..... Last week was starting to get cold but surpsringly its really nice today .... Yaaaay!!!

I like the Smashbox pencils ... I kinda like them better than the Ud 1's cause when I sharpen them I can get a finer point and its not as creamy so its goes on a bit better I find.... i end getting a more crisp line with the SB than the UD

I got at Sephora the final pieces I needed for re-building my make- up collection

Dior DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum & Primer ( Amazing)

Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette - Sinner ( Excellent color and excellent pigmentation quite surprised)

Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip ( Quite small but love all the products some I would have never tried if it werent for the kit)

SEPHORA COLLECTION Premium Dual Pencil Sharpener

and a couple other things cant really remember off the top of my head....lol

From MAC I got

Prolong Wear Foundation

Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

As for Sephora in Canada not having half the goodies... I agree!! Its sucks big time!!! Nope no Macy's or Norstorms!!!!! :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad:

Our biggest deparment stores are Sears and The Bay which is not bad cause they have alot of great stuff clothing wise and make-up wise... At my mall if the MAC store is busy I can go to the Bay cause they have a MAC counter so there is some benefits and they always have sales.... Just last week I picked up a really nice leather bag from the Jessica Simpson line at 30%.... So cant complain too much... Were actually getting Target very soon....I think next year and just last year we got Marshall's so shopping wise it is getting better....

What did you end up getting for your boss?

Did u sneak any small purchases in for yourself?

katie723

[ Edited ]

@isha85 this weekend was freeeeeeeeezing in southern cali!!!!! today was a bit warmer, but now its freezing again!!!

interesting, i should check out the smashbox pencils! i dont find myself getting quite a crisp line with the UD 24/7s. and @jxw200, i agree... i dont think theyre AMAZING... i'd still use them though. it smudges onto my eye lid after about an hour. if i use it on my waterline, it disappears in a few hours and collects into the outer corner of my eye... annoying!!

i bought my boss the Hypnose Doll Lash set from Lancome today (it was so hard to find, i found it at the 3rd sephora i tried!!!) and i'm really interested in a lash primer!! i have medium-length, black asian lashes and i think a primer that'll make my mascara look thicker would be nice!

i have a Kat Von D eye shadow palette and its great quality! I have it in Ludwig, but i have to admit that it's been hiding in the back of my organizer =D

i noticed the sephora give me some lip is very small!! i saw it in the store today and i was shocked. great products, though... the smashbox color is beautiful!! i bought it online for my friend for xmas =)

i haven't snuck any purchases for myself =( instead, i stocked up on samples! today i got a sample of Josie Maran's argan oil =) and then i found myself in forever 21 and went a tiny bit crazy =X

@ry22... nice purchases! the wait is always dreadful =( i wish i lived in Manhattan so i could get same-day delivery!!! hehe :smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

@isha85  Kat Von D products do have good quality to them.  I have the Truth palette which has greens and purples.  You should try her lipsticks when you get the chance.  There is a gift set of 5 mini ones out for the Holidays.  From the picture, it looks like they may flatter many skintones.  Her Saint perfume smells wonderful!  I think it was the Amora (or something like that) one that didn't smell too good to me, but every nose is different lol. 

isha85

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@Kimmi1115 .....  I was quite surprised with the quality.... I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was.... Im actually thinking of getting another 1 of her palettes... My palette came with a sample of her high voltage primer.... Again another shocker I personally think its better than UD... it goes on like a concealar so u have to be careful u get it just on your lid... but other than that ... the staying power was awesome I put it on at 3pm Saturday afternoon fell asleep around 11pm-12am woke up around 2-3am and my eyeshadow still looked like it did when I put it on at 3pm ... not a crease smudge or anything insight!! And Im not over exaggerating not even 1 bit... I got the Sephora Give Me Some Lip which has a sample of her lipstick...Wearing it alone I looked washed out but when I paired it with a lipgloss from my SB set it looked really nice.... I actually seen the set your talking about.... Im not a huge lipstick person but Im gonna definitely check out...

Did you get anything this wkend....

kimmi1115

@isha85  When I got home for the weekend from school, I dug into my F&F order lol.  I bought Too Faced Amazing Face Powder Foundation in Warm Vanilla (comes in a very cute compact), TheBalm Time Balm Concealer, and OPI for Sephora 6 piece mini Christmas set.  The nail polish is a Christmas gift for my bf's mom.  This coming weekend, I'll be going to my nearby Sephora to spend some bday gift cards.  Not too sure what I'll get yet, but I do need another bottle of daily brush cleaner.

@katie723  You should bring the Kat Von D palette into one of your rotations! 

katie723

[ Edited ]

@kimmi challenge accepted! :smileywink:

you scared me for a second... you said you were going to spend some bday gift cards... i thought i missed your birthday!!! just a few more days! :smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

@katie723  I'd say it'll be good to knock the dust off of the Kat Von D palette lol.  Yep, less than a week left of being a teenager lol.  My bf has been teasing me about it since I'm 6 months older than he is.  He's time will be here in May lol.

katie723

@kimmi yes, im sure theres a lot of dust on that palette =X its such a pretty palette, too! aww, thats cute of your bf!! :smileyhappy: you'll be dating a teenager for 6 months :smileytongue:

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

@katie723  I seriously laughed out loud at your post lol.  I'll have to tell my friend Megan that tomorrow when I see her on campus.  She'll get a kick out of that.  At least I'll be legal at 21 before him lol.  And when we grow old, I'll get the Senior citizens discount before him.  I'll be saving money lol.

jxw200

i tried the stuff i ordered for that smoky eye sample bag today! i like the illasmaqua gloss i ordered but i think it's a bit bright to be practical for me so i am returning it. (but it is a super gorgeous bright pink! i just may never use it i think... hmm) love the fairydrops mascara, so i'm going to return the too faced lashgasm that i couldn't decide if i liked. :smileyhappy:

At the sale today i got:

smashbox halo (so excited to try a powder foundation option)

clinique mix it up kisses (for my best friend, love the keychain idea!)

kat von d art of elysium palette in evelyn (can't decide if it's for me or a friend? Have you guys tried it?)

laura mercier 500 pt perk! 

kimmi1115

@jxw200  My mom uses the Smashbox Halo and she loves it.  Actually, I think that's the product that got her back into makeup lol.  She has said she's noticed a difference in her skintone being evened out more and whatnot.  I've not tried Kat Von D's Art of Elysium palettes, but I have one of her True Romance ones.  If the eyeshadow quality is the same, it is really good quality.  I have the palette in Truth which has greens, couple of purples, and a couple of neutrals.  The pigment isn't as strong in the palette as UD, but it's still excellent pigmentation.  With the colors that are in the palette, I consider it not being as strong a good thing.  However, the color is blendable and can be built up. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 967 replies
  • 1474 hearts
  • 118 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • kalex
    • runy