officegal

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  :smileyvery-happy:

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

spamantha

Re: Post your recent hauls!

acqua di gioia by armani rollerball

daisy by marc jacobs rollerball

bumble & bumble grooming creme

bumble & bumble straight

too-faced smokey eye shadow palette

nars sea of love set

too-faced retractable kabuki brush

ole henriksen truth to go wipes (full size)

.. forgive me visa for i have sinned

ialli

[ Edited ]

I just got Blasted Black shatter by OPI from Sephora, and it took some practice and some getting used to, but I think I've got it! 

I did it all wrong at first.  I was like WHY IS IT NOT GOING ON?! so I was just globbing it on, then I was like oh, wait... I'm dumb, it's supposed to do that. So it dried all clumpy and gross. EPIC FAIL on my part.

But I really like it over hot pink, it's a nice edgy look.  I just should have read the reviews first because everyone said the same thing about how to do it. :smileyvery-happy: Less is more! Don't get perfectionist about it!

officegal

Wow, this thread is still going!

@sephoramusthave - I love TheBalm! Shady Lady Palette Vol. 2 is one of my best purchases ever! I have yet to be disappointed with a TheBalm product. I also like that their prices remain reasonable and they don't go crazy with limited editions and discontinuing things for no reason. It's nice to have a good, solid brand to rely on.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

@officegal- I love TheBalm products as well! One of my free standing Sephora's carries this brand but I never noticed them before. They arent advertised very much on Sephora but one day I decided to try out and play with their items and I fell in love with most of them! They are all high quality, long lasting, and very pigmented products. You get a ton of product for a good price too! Lately I have been using their Sexy Mama Powder ( to cover up sunscreen on days when I dont feel like wearing powder foundation), their Hot Mama blush ( I see ZERO difference btw this and NARS Orgasm) and the devilish danielle eyeshadow from the Vol.2 palette. Benefit is my long time favorite brand of makeup but I like this company just as much! I got all of my TheBalm products on sale ( 16-20 bucks a palette) and I am thinking about going back to the store and getting their mineral shadow set and their lip tint set.

officegal

(0) Hearts

sephoramusthave wrote:

@officegal- I love TheBalm products as well! One of my free standing Sephora's carries this brand but I never noticed them before. They arent advertised very much on Sephora but one day I decided to try out and play with their items and I fell in love with most of them! They are all high quality, long lasting, and very pigmented products. You get a ton of product for a good price too! Lately I have been using their Sexy Mama Powder ( to cover up sunscreen on days when I dont feel like wearing powder foundation), their Hot Mama blush ( I see ZERO difference btw this and NARS Orgasm) and the devilish danielle eyeshadow from the Vol.2 palette. Benefit is my long time favorite brand of makeup but I like this company just as much! I got all of my TheBalm products on sale ( 16-20 bucks a palette) and I am thinking about going back to the store and getting their mineral shadow set and their lip tint set.

You're going to be super excited to hear that they're releasing a couple of limited edition shadow palettes based on the Muppets! I wish they'd knock it off with the limited edition part (shades of MAC and their detestable number of "limited edition" collections...!) but from first glance, the palettes look amazing.

sephoramusthave

Oh wow thanks for sharing! Go to Marshalls or TJ Maxx, they both just got a HUGE order from TheBalm makeup and skincare products! Thats where I got all of my TheBalm products for such a good price. They have everything from palettes, to loose shadow sets, to lipstain sets, to cleansers/scrubs/toners/moisturizers to blush to their tinted moisturizers. I have never found makeup at these stores but when I saw TheBalm I had to get some! These are the 2 best pictures that I could find of the palette and it does look amazing! I could wear most of these colors on an everyday basis and it even comes with an applicator, a concealer and 2 lip products, and everything is full size. :smileyvery-happy: ( The Meet Matte palette in the second picture is not part of the Muppet Palette). However, I am on a September No Buy and I could go years without buying any more shadows so I will have to pass ( unless I see it at Marshalls/TJMaxx!).

So happy this turned out to be such a great palette!  

officegal

I swore not to buy any more eye shadows but find myself rather tempted by these palettes! I'm in Canada so we don't have Marshall's or TJ Maxx but they're sold at all the Sephoras and a fancier drugstore near my office. Of course, they never go on sale, but they're not crazy expensive like some other brands and hopefully it'll remain that way. :smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

The Balm's facebook page has been doing a bit of advertising of their Muppet palette.  I think they were taking preorders at a certain time, but only the first 100 would get to preorder.  it worked out something like that.

geminibreeze

(0) Hearts

Well I use retail therapy to get over stress (bad break ups, etc.) So the past month has been almost  shameful! lol But I love makeup and skincare products! I have a mild case of roseca so I wanted to try things to clear that, and not use the gel the Dr. prescribed. So here goes *gulp*

From Sephora

Skyn Iceland Redness Relief Kit

Buxom Inside Eyeliner Black Jasper

Buxom Big and Healthy Lip Tarnish in Caught On Tape

Buxom Big and Healthy Lip Stick in Brooklyn

Murad Acne Spot Treatment

MUFE Spray Mist (travel)

Ole Henriksen Micro/Mini Peel System Starter Kit ($9 clearance inside JC penny!)

Kat Von D Lip Shine Gunmetal (clearance inside JC penny $3)

Kat Von D Painted Love Lipgloss Underage Red and Prayer (clearance inside JC penny $3)

Kat Von D Autograph Liner in RhiVenge and Turbo Lover (clearance inside JC penny $3 or $4)

Opi Who Let The Geeks Out? Nailpolish (clearance inside JC penny $3)

Sephora Super Shimmer Lip Gloss (clearance inside JC penny $3)

Sephora Mono eyeshadow Hit the Road 57 (clearance inside JC penny $3 or $4)

Sephora Flashy Liner Water Proof in Flash Brown

Caudalie Resveratrol Firming & Anti-Wrinkle Set

Peter Roth Fantastic Four

From Macy's (I opened a charge and you only get 15% off the cosmetics the first two days so I put it to good(bad) use lol.

Philosophy C Boost Powder

Philosphy Keep the Peace correcting moisturizer

Cargo Blue Ray High Def Mattifier

Cargo One Base

Clinique Redness Relief cream

Clinique Redness Relief Foundation in Calming Ivory

Clnique Redness Relief Base

Clinique Redness Relief Powder

Dior Lipglow

Stila Natural Eyes Pallete

Dr. Brandt Pores No More Vacum Cleanser

After this month its going to be a no go till friends and family time! lol But I did order the Lancom Doll Lashes (mascara is actually my weakness) and the DDF Sulfur Mask.

geminibreeze

(0) Hearts

Oh and I used my 500 point perk to get the Ole Henrisk three little wonders kit! It's awesome!

sephoramusthave

Marshalls/TJMaxx has the DDF Sulfur Mask for 16 bucks.

geminibreeze

(0) Hearts

Grrrr... I'm waiting for it to come in. I will definetly scoop another one up from there though if it works good. Thanks for the heads up!

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

I know how you feel. When I bought it ( I still have it) I paid full price from Sephora as well but for the past couple of years I ALWAYS see it at Marshalls/TJMaxx. They also have other DDF products, Elizabeth Arden skincare, Shiseido skincare, TheBalm makeup and skincare, Essie nailpolish and a few other skincare companies that are sold at Sephora for less than half the price. ( And pretty much every item has an expiration date on it so its not expired or anything, its just overstock from somewhere.)

Also, I hope it works out for you but I dont like it at all. It was pretty much a giant waste of money for me. It didnt do anything for my then acne problems and it just dried out my skin big time ( my skin HURT if I didnt use a good thick and heavy moisturizer right after.) Any drugstore clay mask can give you the same results ( and better!) and when I use it up I wont rebuy.

geminibreeze

(0) Hearts

Thanks again! I love the Balm and will definetly be trekking to T-max after the rain stops to check it out. That's awesome if you can get it cheaper! I love a good deal.

I'm a lil nervous with the mask now to be honest. I bought it cause it was suggested to me at a store and I held off. But I have a few tiny zits that popped I guess with the weather. I think I'm definetely going to do a spot test and not my whole face. Thanks for the heads up.

officegal

Okay, I want the new theBalm palette pretty badly now! You guys are lucky to be able to grab it from TJ Maxx!

I've been using the DDF Sulfur mask this summer and it does nothing for the acne. There's no shrinkage or diminishing at all. I tried it as a 15-minute mask all over face AND as an overnight spot treatment. Neither method works and I'm going to return it since it wasn't exactly cheap. Plus it smells like rotten eggs and farts!

officegal

Oh, and because I'm such a weak-willed makeup loving spazz, yesterday I hauled:

- the new MAC Seaside Cream Colour Base (from the new fall collection)

- Misa nail polish in "Office Polish-tics"

- Essie nail polish in "Very Structured" (from the new fall collection - second from right in the pic below)

- Essie nail polish in "Carry On" (from the new fall collection - first from left in the pic below)

- OPI "A-Taupe the Space Needle" (from the new fall "Touring America" collection)

essie-fall-2011-collection-line-up.jpg

katie1724

[ Edited ]

@officegal: I love those colors! (and also that you referred to yourself as a weak-willed, makeup loving spaz. Can we start a support group with this acronym? WWMLS?) :smileywink:

officegal

katie1724 wrote:

@officegal: I love those colors! (and also that you referred to yourself as a weak-willed, makeup loving spaz. Can we start a support group with this acronym? WWMLS?) :smileywink:

Order in the haul thread! Will all the WWMLS please rise? Stop hiding those receipts and show us what you bought!

geminibreeze

(0) Hearts

I tried the DDF sulfur mask, I got it in finally. I don't think it did much for my forehead, but something that was impressive was I had a small pimple for a while. (I guess I didn't pop it enough? sorry for the gross image) That was like small and hard but no head, it sucked that dry. Only thing is it kinda left a scar. Weird. I think one tub was enough lol I didn't seeany products in my local TJmax, but I am definetly going to keep looking!

officegal

(0) Hearts

geminibreeze wrote:

I tried the DDF sulfur mask, I got it in finally. I don't think it did much for my forehead, but something that was impressive was I had a small pimple for a while. (I guess I didn't pop it enough? sorry for the gross image) That was like small and hard but no head, it sucked that dry. Only thing is it kinda left a scar. Weird. I think one tub was enough lol I didn't seeany products in my local TJmax, but I am definetly going to keep looking!

I just returned the DDF Sulfur Mask after giving it a good try. It didn't work for me at all. I tried using it as an all-over mask and also as an overnight spot treatment. CAD$44 for it was too high to absorb so back to Sephora it went.

tenngal

I've been trying to follow the "No Buy" thread and keep my makeup spending down, but I was in Sephora recently and I couldn't pass up trying the new Sephora Collection Retractable Waterproof Lip Liners.  I have always liked the Sephora Collection Nano Lip Liner Pencils because they come in several unique shades, but they are so short to start out with that it doesn't take long to sharpen them all the way down to a nub.  Since all of my Nano Pencils were at the "nub" stage, I decided to replace them by trying the Sephora Retractable Waterproof Lip Liners since they are full-sized and they are self-sharpening.  I am loving them so far.  The color holds up for hours and hours and I like the fact that each pencil has a lip brush on the other end to blend out any harsh edges or just to soften the effect.  I bought the colors Mauve, Naked and PetalMauve is a great pinky-nude that goes well with almost any lip color I wear.  Naked is a barely-there color against my fair skin so it's really good for wearing with odd shades of lipsticks and with lipglosses where you really don't want your lip liner to show through.  Petal is a wonderful soft pink, which is great because my experience with pink liners has been that most pink shades end up either being too bright (as in a wild pink) or too dark to wear with a baby pink lipstick.  Petal is the perfect pink lip liner for wearing with soft baby pink lipsticks. 

Sorry my post is so long talking about 3 lip liners...I guess I got carried away, ha ha.  I just wanted you all to know that I think they are definitely worth trying at $12 each and I plan to buy more.

:smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 967 replies
  • 1474 hearts
  • 118 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • kalex