officegal

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  :smileyvery-happy:

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

kimmi1115

Re: Post your recent hauls!

@tenngal: The lip stain was like a marker with koolaid color inside lol. 

tenngal

@kimmi1115:  I'm so glad that you like The BalmShelter TM!  You got a great haul and it sounds like it was all good except for the lip stain, which I'm sorry you didn't like.  It's always a bummer to order something that turns out to be bad.  If I remember right, the tokidoki Fantistico Lip Ink Lip Stain is a "marker" style lip stain, and if it is, that's probably why it acted dried out quickly.  I don't like marker-style lip stains for that reason and also because the color always ends up looking like my lips are stained by some shade of Kool-Aid on me, ha ha.  My daughter loves those types of lip stains, however.  Anyway, as long as that was the only item that wasn't that great, I think you came out on top!  I got the Anastasia Hydraful Gloss in Moi in one of my recent orders (as the 100-pt perk) and I like it a lot, too.  I love those small lip glosses for carrying in my purse cause they don't take up much room.  And it's a perfect color for carrying for touchups throughout the day because the color kind of blends with everything.  Anyway, great haul!
:smileyhappy:

marinaanne147

[ Edited ]

@waterbaby1981:

I know I'm not officegal, but I've painted my nails with Aruba Blue several times. It is GORGEOUS! I literally looked down at my nails every minute or so because it was just so pretty! I highly recommend it! :smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

My first online purchase came in the other day, and after experimenting with the products for a couple of days, I wanted to post my early review on them.

The Balm Balm Shelter in light/medium: 5/5      So far, I believe The Balm is the bomb!  (lol I couldn't resist no matter how corny lol)  This is the first time I've used a tinted moisturizer before, and I am in love with it.  It feels so light on my face and helps to tone down the slight redness on my nose.  It looks like it's already evening out my skin tone.  The redness I find annoying now looks like a cute pop of color.  As long as it doesn't cause me to break out or anything, I will be dedicated to this product.  The shade blends easily, and it's not too light and not too dark.  Thank you tenngal for suggesting this product!  :smileyhappy:

Smashbox High Definition Concealer in light: 5/5     After using Covergirl concealer for a very long time, I am so glad I have moved on to a better product.  I had been wanting to try a Smashbox product, and a Sephora castmember suggested their concealer.  I used the Eco Tools Concealer brush to apply it under my eyes to conceal the after effects of sinus/allergy issues.  The result looked great!  It also works well with The Balm tinted moisturizer. 

Tokidoki Fantastico Lip Ink in Cactus Friends: 1/5    I hadn't used a lip stain before, so I was eager to give this on sale item a try.  I was disappointed in it.  When I first tried it, it looked nothing like a coral pink.  It was more of a red orangey color.  The next day I decided to give it another try.  The first time I didn't have any eye makeup on.  The color was a bit lighter, but it seemed as if the tube had dried out a lot somehow.  It also made my lips feel slightly dry.  Although it doesn't smear off my lips, the product just isn't worth it to me.  Thank goodness I didn't pay the full $15 for it.

Sephora Brand Jumbo Eye Crayon in light blue and purple: 2or3/5    Can't beat something on sale for a buck!  I love both colors, and they apply fairly easily.  I've used them as a liner and as an all over lid color.  I applied UDPP beforehand, but the color still creased.  I don't think it creased as badly as some products without a primer have.  This works better as a liner. 

Anastasia Hydrafull Gloss in Moi: 5/5   The 100 point perk I selected.  I've only used it once so far.  From the first use, I already really like it.  It doesn't feel sticky and feels nice on my lips.  The color looked very familiar to me so I looked at my other glosses and it is exactly like my mini Estee Lauder gloss in Nude Rose.  So far, I believe I like Anastasia better.

waterbaby1981

@officegal: does that Essie Aruba Blue look as pretty on nails as it does in the bottle?  I'm seriously considering picking that up next time I hit Target!  It's a gorgeous color.

mermadelove

@serendipity: NOt 5 weeks ago I was on beautytalk asking about false eyelashes and how to wear them-- now I'm an addict! It must be something in the starts...... :smileyvery-happy:

serendipity01

[ Edited ]

@mermadelove - Oh no!  I hope that they send you the lashes.  :smileysad:

I just placed a Sephora order, since I noticed that Lash Stash went on sale ($32, down from $40).  I figure it will be good to stock up for the TSB3 and I also ordered some other "mini" items to put in.  :smileyhappy:  I don't know why I've been buying so much mascara lately.  Up until about 6 months ago, I never even wore mascara!  Ha!

mermadelove

Oh, as for a recent haul. I just got my order in the USPS today from UD for the Fun palette and my false eyelash mascara-- but they didn't send me my free set of falsies!!!!!!!! :smileysad: I am SO calling custimer service on Monday to find out why!!! I'm bummed their custormer service isn't around on Saturday........ :smileysad:

mermadelove

officegal wrote:

Me, too!  I agonized over it for a while at the drugstore.  I was like, "Do I REALLY need another blue nail polish?" and decided that I did not already have one in this shade with this particular shimmery finish.  I haven't compared it with anything else in my stash yet but I get the feeling it's a slightly lighter version of Chanel Blue Satin.

This is exactly why I have so much blue nail polish........ :smileyvery-happy:

officegal

Me, too!  I agonized over it for a while at the drugstore.  I was like, "Do I REALLY need another blue nail polish?" and decided that I did not already have one in this shade with this particular shimmery finish.  I haven't compared it with anything else in my stash yet but I get the feeling it's a slightly lighter version of Chanel Blue Satin.

mermadelove

Nice haul!!!! Love the nail polish! BLue is one of my favorite colors, so I have many shades of it. I have to stop myself from buying nail polishes that are only one shade different than what I already have!

That blush is really cute~!

officegal

I caved today.  Got Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Ruby for the weekly makeup challenge, Essie nail polish in Aruba Blue, and that Stila Make Me Blush blush that Kalex had such a hard time with.  It was so cute and cheap that I couldn't resist!!

IMG_1873.JPG

mermadelove

@katimae" It's the friends and family sale and it's usually towards the end of the year. It's 20% off your order--- or at least it was last year!

katimae

Don't mean to be dense but what is the F & F Sale?  And when is it?

officegal

Yay, Katie!!!  :smileyvery-happy:  You have to do a review for us and let us know if it's worth all the hype.  (I don't have one and your good review will probably seal the deal.)

katie1724

[ Edited ]

Thanks, all, for the cleanser suggestions! I have to get one because I don't have anything now that doesn't have exfoliators in it...the neutrogena wash sounded good, and so did Korres...eee! and (@serendipity01) I loved Bliss (The Youth As We Know It) moisturizer, so I might have to try the facewash!

@kalex, @mermadelove, @daisy: I know, I just loved the yellow! (and I'll be mad if Sephora gets it soon...I just noticed that the red one showed up!). The site I ordered from was offering 20% off as a Valentine's Day promo, so I couldn't resist! I did feel guilty about not getting it here, but I was weak and couldn't wait until F&F. It really doesn't take up much room at all! (hahah, NOT to sway you, kalex!)

daisy346

@katie, I can't believe you got one!!!! I'm so happy you did. Let us know how it is. I am definitely getting one, but I'm really trying to wait until the F&F sale, like mermadelove said. Don't know if I can hold out but I'm going to try.

@serendipity, thanks for the tip re: the Buxom box set. I have heard such good things about that mascara. I've been planning on getting that for my next one...I'm almost finished with 2 that I'm using. I may have to get that set!

mermadelove

[ Edited ]

kalex wrote:

@Katie "I wanted to order through Sephora, but for some irrational reason, I really wanted the yellow one."

I know me too! I came thisclose to ordering it last year.  It was around Easter I think because it always makes me think of fluffy little yellow chickens for some stupid reason. 

I want to get a Mia so bad too!  I'm starting to feel deprived because everyone else has one!  But we're down to one bathroom (with a pedastal sink, so no counter space) during our extremely extended remodiling process so there really is no room for more "junk" as my husband would call it.

The Mia doesn't take up much room at all! I plug mine in any old place there is an available outlet. You don't have to charge it every night, just once a week after the initial 24hr charge!-- NOT that I am encouraging you to spend more.....But if you want to wait, get it during F&F! That's what I did! It'll save you a bundle! Maybe by then Sephora will have it in yellow!

serendipity01

I just use the same cleansers that I used before I got the Clarisonic -

AM - First Aid Beauty cleanser or Bliss Youth As You Know It Cleanser (which ever one I randomly grab)

PM - Philosophy Purity, followed by Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash

kalex

@Katie "I wanted to order through Sephora, but for some irrational reason, I really wanted the yellow one."

I know me too! I came thisclose to ordering it last year.  It was around Easter I think because it always makes me think of fluffy little yellow chickens for some stupid reason. 

I want to get a Mia so bad too!  I'm starting to feel deprived because everyone else has one!  But we're down to one bathroom (with a pedastal sink, so no counter space) during our extremely extended remodiling process so there really is no room for more "junk" as my husband would call it.

mermadelove

@katie: I use the Korres 3-in-1 milk proteins cleansing emulsion and the Neutrogena Naturals purifying Pore Cleanser. The neutrogena has jojoba miosturizing and exfoliating beads as wellas natural salicylic acid for my occasional acne. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 967 replies
  • 1474 hearts
  • 118 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • kalex
    • runy