officegal

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  :smileyvery-happy:

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

marinaanne147

Re: Post your recent hauls!

I've recently hauled...

Clinique DDML - 1.7 oz. (Trying for the 1st time, so far I LOVE it! The tube is gonna go fast...)

UD The Revolution High Performance Lash Curler (1st lash curler ever...we'll see how well this goes for me and my scared little brain!)

Mom ordered: LM Hydrating Foundation Primer - 1.7 oz. 

UDPP in a tube (Tenngal - Remember when we first got this for her (and me), well, now we both have 1 tube and my mom has an extra tube because she wanted one - She loves it!)

10% off VIB code (was expiring in a day..so I had to use it - I turned VIB a month ago!) So no MUFE perk for me...oh well.

Samples:

UD Quickie Afterglow cheek tint (I'm sunburned so I can't tell if it does much to my cheeks but I tried it on my lips and I love it as a kind of stain - this sample should last me a while though)

Benefit Stay Don't Stray (Dislike - it leaves a weird residue on and especially around my eyes.)

Shisheido UV  Face/Body SPF 35 PA +++ (haven't tried it yet - for camp tomorrow...actually maybe not - SPF 35 isn't enough for my poor burned face!)

On another note...I found MAC Vegas Volt Lipstick in a taxi  - If it's yours, I'm really sorry. :smileyindifferent:

wwechick76

Sephora: Too Faced Brow Envy Kit 

Pink sponge to blend in foundation

Clinique Dramatically different moisturizing gel

Lush: Rock Star Soap

The Comforter bubble bar

love all of these things! 

brookie673

I just purchased a bunch of stuff from ELF's website...let me see...

1. ELF essentials small angled brush (for eyeshadow/eyeliner)

2. ELF tone correcting powder set

3. ELF cream eyeshadow duo in sugar cookie (pink and vanilla colors)

4. ELF Kabuki face brush

5. ELF cream eyeliner in black

6. ELF cream blush in Heartbreaker (pink-coraly color)

7. ELF pigment eyeshadow in mystic moss

8. ELF studio radiance enhancer in spotlight

AND I got the Sephora give me some lash mascara sampler. :smileyvery-happy: I love shopping haha :smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

My haul was when I was at the beach last week since sales tax is cheaper there.  Yay Myrtle Beach! lol  Anyway, this was also my first big purchase at Sephora and into Urban Decay:

Eyeshadow Ammo Box (love this!  Perfect set to start experimenting with and I love all the colors!)

24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil Duo with Sharpener in Whiskey and Flipside (best eyeliner I have ever used!!)

Big Fatty Mascara (I like the formula, but I'm still trying to figure out techniques to weild that fat brush lol)

While there at Sephora, my boyfriend bought me the roller ball of Daisy because he loves that scent on me.  He tried to go for one of the bigger bottles, but I like to change around scents from time to time so the roller ball is perfect.

Once back from vacation, my boyfriend and I went to the neighboring town's mall and the jcp has a sephora there :smileyhappy:  With leftover beach money, I bought the original primer potion and it is the best primer I've used.  Before I had tried Victoria's Secret eyeshadow primer and Estee Lauder eye shadow base.  UD knocked it out of the park.

Jillie

I had to purchase quite a few of my go to products either because I am almost out of most of them or I am out of them... and I caved and bought things I have been eyeing for a while now... Go figure! So this is my online haul:

-Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil (Finally ran out of my other bottle) 

-OPI Colour Quick Dry Spray 

-Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Kit (Look forward to these kits each summer!)

-Kate Somerville EradiKate... Let me just say, if anyone needs an awesome spot treatment, this one is it! It works wonders.. I even have my boyfriend using it and he swears by it and let me just say he rarely uses anything I suggest! 

-Urban Decay DeSlick Mattifying Powder (Love this stuff, its hands down the best)

-Sephora Collection Instant DePuffing Roll-On Gel (for the price this is an awesome, effective product)

-Nars Lipstick in Belle De Jour 

-BITE Vitamin Gel in Pineapple (if anyone wants to know, I find this to be ridiculously priced for what it is. To me it feels almost identicle to RoseBud Salve but has a glossier look. I feel $18 is just a bit outrageous... but thats just me. I had been wanting to try it and I'm really not blown away but I'm also not hating it, but I wont be purchasing it again!)

-BITE High Pigmented Matte Pencil in Velvet and Pomegranate... Let me just say these are amazing and are SO worth trying.

-Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray (Glad to see Sephora carrying this line!) 

-Kate Somerville Intensive ExfoliKate... LOVE LOVE LOVE. Will never be without this product, EVER! 

6 out of the 11 products I bought I actually needed so I didn't feel too bad doing this purchase! It was a much needed haul but my bank account definitely took a hit.

Jillie

[ Edited ]

I just wanted the world to know because I am truly in love with these "new" trios (I am saying new because I truthfully do not know if these really are new or I just had never seen them before) 

I just got from my sister in law a Lorac Starry-Eyed Baked Eyeshadow Trio in Starstuck Tickets and it seriously is amazzziiinnnggg! The only down side to these awesome trios is the bulky packaging, but I can easily get over that!

I don't know if anyone else has tried these trios but the one my sister in law got me was hands down gorgeous. Maybe these have been out for a while and I am totally new to these but the pigmentation is awesome. Not only that but these are seriously just amazing. They can be used wet or dry, they just glide on, last for hours (even without primer) and look good all day. 

Soooo needless to say I had to go back and see if there were any other trios Lorac offers. Of coarse there were so I had to buy 2, Starlet (more of a true purple trio) and Superstar (neutrals/browns). 

Anyways I just wanted to profess my love for these trios, they are absolutely gorgeous and are so worth the $26 price tag (which I thought was very reasonable). You get 3 gorgeous shimmery (not glittery) shades that are just awesome. 

Thought I'd let you all know! 

P.S Sorry if I sound ridiculous! Like I said these may have been out for months (maybe even years!) but I just found out about them and am literally obsessed and thought I'd share!

tenngal

Nice hauls everyone!  I've been so busy lately that I'm still trying to get caught up on reading all the boards.  I went out of town Sunday and got to shop at Sephora in person--yeah!!!  I didn't buy a whole lot, but I did spend several hours testing new makeup and skincare products.  I think the SAs must have asked me at least 20 different times if they could help me cause I was in there so long, ha ha.  Anyway, here's what I hauled:

- Urban Decay Liquid Eyeliner in Radium
- Urban Decay Liquid Eyeliner in Minx

- Urban Decay Liquid Eyeliner in Ecstasy
- UD Primer Potion in Greed
- UD Primer Potion in Original (for my mom)
- YSL Eye Makeup Remover
- Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle (serum)
- Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser
:smileyhappy:

marinaanne147

Ahhh - I have so much catching up to do! Awesome hauls (again), everyone!

@tenngal: I read some reviews on the Greed UDPP that say it isn't the same quality as the Original. Is it? I would get the tube form, as in my opinion it is more practical and I normally put on primer potion with my fingers anway to blend it. By the way, my mom LOVES the UDPP she got! Her eyemakeup is actually still on when she comes home from work. 

Hours of testing! So jealous - I need to go do that! After school on a not so busy day/week, I'll go and test and sometimes purchase for a half hour, but then I have to go home and do homework. Boo. Awesome haul though!

@mermade: LOVE the manicure! It's great that you found that store with the old/discontinued colors - and equally great that they delivered them to you and you didn't have to go all the way to Texas!

tenngal

@marinaanne147:  I think the UDPP in Greed works just as well as the Original.  I have very oily eyelids and Greed keeps my shadow from creasing just like the Original.  Greed is a beautiful color, too.  I like it because I can use it as my brow bone color without adding shadow over it sometimes. :smileyhappy:

kalex

(0) Hearts

I just placed two mini hauls with Chanel and Dior.  From Chanel I got a new Glossimer in "Aurore" and from Dior I got the new Dior Addict lipstick in "Blush".

I'm slightly disappointed with both.  "Aurore" is essentially just sparkle - on the lips it really has no color.  "Blush" is described as "light pink" and it is decidedly more "bright" than "light".  It's more of a watermelon shade of pink but it is pretty sheer so I can still wear it without feely goofy.

officegal

Before I saw the Dior summer collection in person, I thought I was going to have to bankrupt myself getting them... but the only thing I want is the hot orange nail polish.

What I did get instead was a T3 dryer which I had been eyeballing for years now. It's the new smaller $99 one that's kind of what a Clarisonic Mia is to the regular Clarisonic.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P282017&categoryId=C11244

P282017_hero.jpg

daisy346

(0) Hearts

@officegal, let us know how you like it! I've been lusting after the T3 forever, but I have dry, curly hair and don't often dry it so I can't justify spending the $ for an occasional use. I didn't know they had a smaller one for $99 though! 

officegal

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@daisy

This dryer is currently sold out online but it's new, so I'm sure Sephora will get more in stock soon! There was only one left at the location I went to and amazingly it was CAD$99 instead of the usual inflated price we get in Canada! So I grabbed it and tested it out today. I also have wavy/frizz-prone hair, so blowdrying is a headache. I try not to use dryers too much but lately I've been straightening my hair.

Pro:

It's definitely much lighter yet more powerful than my old cheap Conair, which is about 5 years old at least. I think it made my hair slightly less frizzier but I always have frizz with blowdryers unless I'm straighten completely.

Neutral:

Has two heat settings (fast & hot or slow & hot) with a cool air blast option.

Con:

I don't like where the heat setting switch is placed ecause it's on the inside of the handle where you grab the dryer. My fingers kept pressing it and I finally had to maintain a half-grip on the dryer to keep from turning off the dryer accidentally. That alone is a major hassle.

Doesn't come with a diffuser or any other accessories.

I'll have to try it a few more times to be sure, but currently I'm thinking maybe it's not worth $99. I'll let my sister test it as well to see what she thinks.

mermadelove

@tenngal: Thanks for the compliment!! Did you know you can wrap that nail to make it hold up better? Take ONE ply of toilet paper or tissue paper (or a piece of a tea bag) and lay it over the broken nail. Let a little bit hang over the edge of the nails so that you can wrap it later. Drip nail glue or crazy glue gently and slowly onto the tissue until it becomes translucent. Using an orange stick, quickly wrap the free edge to the under side of your nail ( This is optional, but makes it stronger). Once it dries, it will be hard and the loose edge of your nail will be secure, making it so that it won't catch on things and accidentally get ripped off!

:smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

I bought Lavanila Baby Block SPF 40 and Benefit Hoola Bronzer today.

Okay that is IT for makeup for the next couple of years.

Someone needs to handcuff my sorry azz to a chair.

officegal

sephoramusthave wrote:

I bought Lavanila Baby Block SPF 40 and Benefit Hoola Bronzer today.

Okay that is IT for makeup for the next couple of years.

Someone needs to handcuff my sorry azz to a chair.

LOL! Okay, we better not see you post another haul list in this thread until 2 years later, ya hear?? :smileyvery-happy:

Your purchase isn't that bad. Sunscreen is pretty much a necessity and so it's basically just one bronzer. :smileywink:

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

The reason why I bought the sunscreen ( I still have a half full Mychelle Sun Shield) is because the sun has been BLAZING the last few days, and I switch to the Lavanila sunscreen when the sun gets stronger because it has a much higher SPF, but today its been nothing but cloudy and looks like its gonna rain >_<

I felt a little bad because this is my 3rd Sephora purchase this month...with mothers day and a couple of birthdays and me always having to add a little somethin' somethin' in the basket for just me...I dont know. 

However, I am thrilled with everything I got and use it everyday so overall, NO REGRETS! :smileyvery-happy:

This is what I got this month for just me: Benefit Beauty in a Box, Benefit Hoola Bronzer and Lavanila Baby Block SPF 40. I really wanted to get the Lavanila Lip Balm SPF 30 too but I stopped myself because I'm not going to the beach yet, so I wont get it until I need it.

Maybe I can just this one more lipbalm and THEN its no more shopping!

katie1724

@sephoramusthave: Sunblock is a complete necessity and I never feel guilty splurging on it or investing in several :smileywink:

@katimae: I love the feeling of finding something you love at a good bargain! There's nothing else quite like it :smileywink:

lashreece

Time to fess up!

I broke up my orders into 3 different ones so that I could maximize on the freebies (stocking up for the next round of TSB 3)

-Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Kit (I look forward to this every year)
-Living Proof Full Kit (per tenngal's recommendation)
-Urban Decay Naked Palette (finally got my hand on one of these)
-SEPHORA COLLECTION Cellulose Sponge Set

My sister's birthday is in May and she is getting married in August.  So I got the following to help her get ready for her big day!
-Clarisonic Mia Skin Cleansing System - Jaguar (thought the leopard print made this one really cute)
-Ms. & Mrs. Minimergency® Kit for Her — Silver (thought this would be a good start to her wedding day emergency kit)

Samples:
-Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer X3
- L de Lolita Lempicka Eau de Parfum X2
-Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo & Conditioner Duo
-DKNY Be Delicious Eau de Toilette
-Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Pure Treatment Oil
- The Body Shop Mango Body Butter
-Sephora Fragrance Sample Bag 
-Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir Eau de Parfum Deluxe Mini 
-Josie Maran Organic Argan Oil 100 point Perk

My Dermatologist had 20% off sale so I also got
-replacement facial and body brush for my clarisonic
-refill serum for my Opal

I also got my free latisse in the mail from the buy one get one free promo.

Phew!!!!   Time to give my pocketbook a break.

katie1724

[ Edited ]

These are my most recent sins:

NARS Sheer Glow, Siberia

NARS Firming Foundation, Siberia (not sold at Sephora...I will likely return one of these, but they're different and I like both!)

Cover FX Natural FX Water-Based Foundation

Bite Beauty Lip Shine, Vintage

Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick, Rhône

Boscia Pore Purifying Black Strips (I couldn't find these online, but they were on the shelf at my local store for $15 -- they look like Bioré strips in black)

NARS Eye Shadow, Coconut Grove

Shiseido Benefiance Concentrated Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream (I was out of eye cream!)

**I'm also out of moisturizer, but I shopped my own stash and found an unopened box of La Roche-Posay Hydréane Légère...score! :smileyvery-happy:

I also *really* wanted to buy the Clarisonic Opal because a certain retailer was having a 20% off sale, but I just don't think I can justify it right now.

I finally cashed in some points on deluxe samples -- these are the Stivectin Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles (I think it's new). One tube is a 2-week supply, so I took two of them :smileytongue:

serendipity01

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I picked up an OPI mini set of nail polishes.  I have been eye-ing OPI's bubble bath for a while, since I've heard a lot of great reviews on it, and this set had a couple colors ("so many clowns... so little time" and "step right up") that reminded me of that shade.  I also didn't have a good, everyday light pink color (I feel like the one I already had is too pale and almost looks white), and I liked the color of "in the spot-light pink".  The color on the far left ("I juggle... men") is a cool shimmery, almost glittery blue/purple color that I think would work well as a top coat over any of the other colors.  :smileyhappy:  I had a $5 off coupon, which brought the price down to $7.50... what a steal!

Opi Femme De Cirque

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 967 replies
  • 1474 hearts
  • 118 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • kalex