officegal

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  :smileyvery-happy:

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

mermadelove

Re: Post your recent hauls!

dagriff wrote:

Oh and a lady was there buying a gift card for a friend's birthday. I told her my birthday was in August so we had plenty of time to become friends. What a great friend she is!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

serendipity01

I think HauteLook is going to have another Urban Decay sale on Monday.  I don't feel like I need anything right now, but the low prices are always tempting.  :smileytongue:  I wish they still had Rock & Republic blushes on HauteLook, since I've heard good things about them.  I always rush to check in the morning when they have R&R beauty sales, but lately I haven't seen any blushes. 

ohhenri

Though week at work (last week with the students: the kids are going nuts!!), so I needed to compensate yesterday...And I think I went over my head!!

•  LM Silk foundation ( even though I HATED liquid foundation, this still has a nice feel to it, and I needed more coverage with all the bumps that are coming out on my face... I never had any zits, even as a teenager, but for the last few months, ouf!!)
  • UD All-nighter spray(mini version, so I don't feel as bad!!)
  •  Boscia clear moisturizer
  • Buxom lashliner (in sequins)
  • -Murad body wash
  •  Lise Watier Lip kiss gloss in coral desire (at Pharmaprix)
  • Vichy-Dermablend Ultra-Correcteur Teint Stick Crème (at Pharmaprix)
  • And some eye make-up remover (from Marcelle )(at Pharmaprix)

And my online basket is full too with products that I can't find at my local Sephora, I just need to decide if I want the Naked palette or not!! (Still haven't decided!!) And  it seems even worse when written down!!!!!! I really should think of another form of therapy for my bad days at work!!!!

serendipity01

The Sephora inside JC Penney near me was having some GREAT sales!  I was there last night and they had a bunch of sale items, including 50% off all their fragrance gift sets!  I think it's the gift sets that came out around the holidays that they are trying to get rid of.  My store didn't have a whole lot of selection for womens perfumes, but they had a bunch for mens cologne.  For womens, I remember them having Armani Code and Michael Kors Palm Beach.   I got a set of 3 Juicy Couture perfumes for $17.50 (0.33 oz each for Viva la juicy, Couture Couture, and Juice Couture).  They had some other things on sale as well, like some of the Philosophy gift sets, a couple Murad items, and a couple of Dr. Brandt skincare sets.  The Dr. Brandt ones were like 80% off!  Great deals, but all I got was the Juicy Couture set.

From my regular sephora, I picked up a bridal shower gift for a friend... Philiosophy Shower Gels in the wedding theme (Wedding cake, etc) and the minimergency kit.  :smileyhappy: 

ohhenri

Boy have I been bad this past month!! I've been good all winter long, but I've made 3 big purchases in less than a month!!!

I made a online order 2 weeks ago to get the Naked palette (yay!!), KP duty, Benefit stay put set (I returned mine somewhere around January when I bought it the 1st time b/c the eyeshadow was dried out :smileysad: ),  Mustela stretch marks double action for my pregnant sister-in-law, tokidoki eyeliner in Unicorno and YSL faux cils deluxe size mascara.

But today, I returned my LM silk cream foundation that I bought 3 weeks ago(so not the right color, I end up with 2 shades darker!!). My plan was just to exchange it for the right color... But, I got caught up in the moment and end up with a lot more stuff than I originally plan on getting: Clinique cream liner, the multiple in Copacabana (I finally gave it a try, after debating if the price was not too high for my budget!!), Sephora professional blending brush, a pencil sharpener and Clinique bottom lash mascara (out of curiosity!!). But what really stroke me today is that all of the Sephora employees there know my name!!!! I know they're really great and all that, but it also says to me that I go there way too much often!!!!!!!!!

prettyinpa

I had a blast today at the Sephora store!  I was taking the day off and didn't want to go home because I am having construction done on my house and it isn't going well. There has been 2 big holes in the wall for 2 weeks now, I am waiting for ductwork to be completed and it's still not done. Worse yet, there was a mouse in my bedroom at 1:30 AM last night!!!!! EEEW! There has never been a mouse in the house before, it must have somehow snuck in the wall hole. So I was hiding out until the mouse is removed and hopefully the wall holes blocked up so no more get in.

Anyways, I spent all afternoon at Sephora and got some marvelous things:

Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment

Stila Waterproof Liquid Liner-  gotta try that stuff, see if it lasts as long as reported on here!!!

Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (my old bottle is finally getting used up)
Fairy Drops Mascara (thanks for the recommendation, tenngal)!

Nail Buffer (on sale, gotta save $ someplace)

Burberry Brit Sheer

Armani Mania 

Plus I got to test out a bunch of fragrances to put on my wish list, now I can order them online and not have to worry about not liking them.

spamantha

ole henriksen three little wonders kit (at the advice of the sales associate)

ole henriksen truth to go wipes

500 point perk - best of caudaile

samples of

acqua di gio (men's) fragrance

pink sugar fragrance and lotion

kat von d tattoo coverup to test on my tattoo

katimae

Had to go  to Hershey today and though it wasn't Sephora the Hershey Outlets are right there.  We got there early so I convinced my Mom to go over to the Coach Outlet b/c I needed a new summer purse. I found one I LOVE. It was 50% off and today's special of 30% more off and then I got my mom to split it with me with her using my bday money (even though it's like 1 1/2 months away) (lol) Anyhow, I was so excited. I was jumping up and down in the car!  I love it!!!

serendipity01

I bought the Gucci II perfume this weekend at Sephora.  I've been eye-ing it for a while, so I finally decided to splurge and pick it up.  :smileyhappy:  They were having a couple of promotions at my store... I got a small tube of Dolce and Gabbana Rose the One lotion (I think they were giving these out for fragrance purchases over $50), and a drawstring bag full of hair samples (shampoos, conditioners, etc).

Has anybody tried the new Make Up For Ever Aqua Liners?

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P286205&categoryId=B70

mermadelove

marinaanne147 wrote:

@mermade: LOVE the manicure! It's great that you found that store with the old/discontinued colors - and equally great that they delivered them to you and you didn't have to go all the way to Texas!

LOL! I'm thinking of ordering from them again: they have one color that I can't find anywhere else! And I also got my order from RBL proper this week that I ordered during the pre order in early April. I have to say: The base coat prep, base coat and top coat from RBL is EPIC. I did a manicure with one of my new colors (Insouciant from RBL and Today was a fairytale by Deborah Lippmann as an accent nail) and I used the triple treatment I just mentioned. It looked great. Then the nail I'd been babying for a week finally broke. I was bummed because I thought I would have to redo my manicure after cutting all of my nails to match. I didn't!!! It looked flawless after the cutting and filinf. As goog as the original mani!!

ReBeL FOR LIFE!!!!!

Before cut and file:

insoucianta.JPG

After cut and file:

insouciantb.JPG

tenngal

@mermadelove:  Your mani's always look so great!  I wanted you to know that your nails look just as great after being cut as they did before.  Awesome job!  I have a nail that's been broken down below the skin that I've been nursing to try to keep from breaking and now it's finally grown out so that the crack is above the skin area.  I've been babying it and keeping it buffed and filed and I *think* I'm going to be able to salvage it without having to cut it super short, ha ha.  I hope I can nurse it just a little longer so I can just cut it back and my other nails along with it without them all being little nubs, ha ha.  Anyway, I'm rambling when all I really wanted to say was your nails look awesome as usual!!! :smileyhappy:

daisy346

(0) Hearts

I am very very interested in RBL!!!!! Hearing you rave about it has completely sold me. :smileyhappy:

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

@daisy: Their triple treatment ( primer base and topcoat) really increases the wear time from above average to spectacular!

officegal

I went on a massive shopping spree and actually found Chanel Black Pearl and Chanel Paradoxal nail polishes. I don't know why I passed them up the first time around... amazing colours. I'm thinking of going back to buy back-ups now, which I never ever do.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I just ordered Benefit Beauty in a Box ( I couldnt pass this up! I buy the Some Kinda Gorgeous often, and use Benefit makeup daily so this was such a deal for me!!!) and I got a Lancome foundation powder for my mother. ( I'm making her a beauty basket of makeup and skincare that she loves).

daisy346

(0) Hearts

I got that too. I can't resist a bargain! It was worth the price just for the full-size Some Kinda Gorgeous and the Dallas, let alone the other stuff.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I know:smileyvery-happy: And I actually have been secretely wanting the Dallas, but I never wear blush and its really expensive so its not something I would ever buy on its own so I'm really glad that it comes in this kit! I hope that none of the stuff I ordered arrives broken, a lot of people say to buy powder type makeup in store because it never comes intact to your doorstep ( the mail ppl dont care about your stuff)

I've been checking my order status like crazy though....I'm SO excited. This is actually only the second time I've ordered from Sephora online, I usually go to the free standing Sephora's around me. I have 2 free standing Sephoras, and 2 JC Penney Sephoras, so I've never HAD to order online...but this set is an Online exclusive so I had to!

lovely1reigns

I'm leaving out of town in a week to a god forsaken place in the boonies! That has no decent places to shop, and no internet access! I will be there for some time and will go crazy if i don't have something to brighten my days. So with all that said.. I've made purchases online to arrive in hell.

I hauled:  Kat Von D traincase

Temptu summer skin tanning collection

Tarina Tarantino bronze shimmer dust

Tarina Tarantino sparklicity shimmer dust

Opi chic print in chrome lace

Kat Von D tattoo liners in lapdance and trooper

Kat Von D sheer lip glosses in party animal and gunshine

Kat Von D painted love lipgloss in underage red

malissa13

(0) Hearts

what i've bought in 2011

from sephora

oscar blonde dry shampoo

argon oil

ojan shampoo

ojan conditioner

hair spray

leave in conditioner

clinique face wash

2 mascaras

12 mini eye shadow pallet

tinted moisturizer (free with my points)

brush set

makeup remover

other random stuff

10 books in a series

about another 10 books on my kindle

from lush

2 the strokes treatments

cynthia sylvia stout shampoo

recon

and a shirt

maay

(0) Hearts

just this week i bought:

at sehora

vera wang rock princess

tarte amazonian clay in exposed

hello kitty perfume

nordstroms:

mac 217

satin taupe

brush cleaner

pro long wear concealer

too faced blush

the other store (u know what it is...)

garnier skin renew anti-dark circle - best concealer/ under eye treatment in my opinion! cheap too!

john frieda 3 day straight hair

revlon nail polish

nyx pigments

nyx smokey eye

zeno clearing device

yes this is only for this week...:smileysad: it's my addiction.... so tomorrow i have to really work hard!!! no excuses now even if it's a bad day :smileywink:

kalex

(0) Hearts

Wow!  Nice hauls everyone!  I must be in some sort of a funk.  I haven't been BeautyTalking much lately (haven't felt like it) and I haven't even placed an order using my 15% off.  What's wrong with me?!! 

@officegal - Yep.  I use a basecoat and a "No-Chip" topcoat.  If I paint my nails right now my nailpolish will be chipped along the tips by tomorrow.  I had high hopes for the Orly Bonder Rubberized basecoat that I grabbed out of the last TSB but I haven't had any better results with it than with anything else.  I just don't get how other people's nailpolish stays on for days at a time.  I use OPI, Dior, Chanel etc.  No cheapie drugstore stuff!  It must be that I'm a stay-at-home mom and I'm constantly doing dishes, laundry, giving baths and such.

Any product recommendations?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 967 replies
  • 1474 hearts
  • 118 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • kalex