officegal

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  :smileyvery-happy:

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

lashreece

Re: Post your recent hauls!

(0) Hearts

@kalex - Let me know if you find something that works.  I've stopped painting my nails.  I'm tired of getting chips within hours of doing them.

So I was going to skip the 15% sale - I've bought way too many cosmetics recently.  But my husband offered to meet me at the mall for dinner afterwards.  So how could I say no?   He got there when I was debating over Sephora Colorlista Custom Makeup Palette.  He talked me into it.  He said if I didn't go for it, I would obsess about it all weekend.  Hey when your husband says - go ahead and buy it...why stand there and argue!!!!!   :smileyvery-happy:

So I ended up buying that and:

-MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Complexion Travel Kit

-MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation 

( I really did not need more foundation - but everyone on this board raves about MUFE foundations, so I had to try)

-Ojon Full Detox™ Rub-Out™ Dry Cleansing Spray 

-SEPHORA COLLECTION Professional Platinum Foundation Airbrush

-100-POINT PERK - Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Greed

Also I am loving my Jane Irendale Magic Mitt.  It is supposed to remove make-up without cleanser or water.  I bought this on a whim when I was buying other stuff at SpaLook.com.   It actually works wonderfully.   I still wash my face with my clarisonic after removing my make-up...but my brush is much much cleaner after washing my face.    I think I'm going to buy a few more next time I put my order in.   

Before the sale ends, I've decided to buy my sister a clarisonic mia for her birthday in May.   She is getting married in August and just told me she really wants her skin to look nice.   So for once I have a good idea of what to get her :smileyhappy:

officegal

@lashreece - Nice haul! You have such a nice husband... LOL. And that's sweet, getting a Clarisonic for your sis. :smileyhappy:

@kalex - It's definitely a case of being overly active with your hands. :smileyhappy: I don't chip and only get the gradual wear and tear after Day 3. Sometimes not even then. Honestly, there's no nail polish that can withstand physically being banged up by dishes and toys and what have you. I do a lot of reading and typing, so there's really no reason for my nail to chip aside from little accidents here and there.

Just as an update on the topic of nails - the Seche Vite top coat is AMAZING!!! It's better than drying drops. My nails felt dry almost immediately and I am so impressed. Kicking myself for not getting on that sooner because I've wasted hundreds of hours waiting for my nails to dry!

mermadelove

@officegal: Does the Seche Vite top coat work faster and better than the OPI quick dry spray?

@lashreece: I would recommend Rescue Beauty Lounge nail polish and the Base Coat Primer, Base coat and Top coat by them. Ipersonally haven't tried it myself yet as I bought it as part of a pre-order and it hasn't shipped yet, but those who HAVE used is have gotten their manicures to last an average of 10 days without chipping. There's one lady that only does her manicures once a month with this combo! I'll let you know what my wear time is when I start using it.

Also, I have found that using China Glaze, buffing my nails, making sure there are no oils on my nails by using polish remover before applying base coat, etc does help my manis last longer.

Hope that helps!

officegal

mermadelove wrote:

@officegal: Does the Seche Vite top coat work faster and better than the OPI quick dry spray?

I haven't gotten around to trying OPI quick dry spray yet but comparing it to the OPI drying drops, I think Seche Vite is even better. It's two steps in one because you get top coat AND fast drying while with drops or sprays, you have to do it in addition to layering over top coat. I have two OPI drying drops now that I don't need because Seche Vite is life-changing!!

kalex

Just ordered the Dr. Brandt Mia set!  So excited!:smileyvery-happy:

officegal

kalex wrote:

Just ordered the Dr. Brandt Mia set!  So excited!:smileyvery-happy:

Yay!!!!

I think I am officially the last person to get a Clarisonic. Even my non-Sephora-frequenting friends all have one.

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

LOL! about the Mia, officegal!!!!

And about the OPI drying drops: swap them on MUA!

:smileyvery-happy:

tenngal

(0) Hearts

@officegal:  Congrats on your Clarisonic purchase!  I just know you're gonna love it! :smileyhappy:

tenngal

(0) Hearts

Nice hauls, ladies!  I feel like my most recent haul is so boring in comparison...

I just got around to making the 2+ hour drive to the closest Sephora to me and using my 15% discount.  I ended up not buying anything exciting...just replacement/backup products and one gift purchase, but here's what I bought:

- Tweezerman ProCurl Eyelash Curler
- Too Faced Liquif-Eye
- Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser
- Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30

I didn't use any of my points cause I wasn't that impressed with the Smashbox gift set and the 100-point perks were things I could definitely live without.

I did find out something interesting while I was at Sephora though.  I was looking for the Too Faced Liquif-Eye and was having a hard time finding it.  A SA walked by and found the last box they had and when she handed it to me she told me that the Liquif-Eye is no longer going to be available for sale individually.  It'll only be sold as part of Too Faced shadow palettes/sets.  She said they were just selling what they had in stock and then it would no longer be available for individual sale, so if any of you like Liquif-Eye you may want to stock up while it's still available...I just checked and it's still available online for now (until they run out).

Anyway, back to my recent hauls...

I just ordered two bottles of Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Foundation Primer from DermaDoctor's website while it was on sale.

At MAC I bought a backup bottle of Studio Fluid Fix Foundation, a backup Prep + Prime Setting Powder and a backup Matte Primer (which I may return since I ordered the 2 PTR primers).

At Ulta I purchased:

- Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream
- Neutrogena Pure & Free Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF 50
- Revlon Lip Gloss in Lilac Pastelle

I've been looking for the Revlon Lilac Pastelle lip gloss for a couple of months...ever since I saw it in InStyle or Elle magazine.  Then I saw it got a good rating on MUA and I saw a girl using it in a makeup tutorial on YouTube.  It's such a pretty purple/lilac color, which is one of my favorite lip colors.  I was so glad to finally find it that I bought 2 bottles! :smileyhappy:

daisy346

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@kalex, let us know how you like it! The longer I've been using mine, the more I like it. I really regret not buying it sooner. @officegal, you should break down and get one! You wouldn't be sorry.

I just read on another thread that you're waiting to get it for free from a points system. That's very smart.

officegal

(0) Hearts

daisy346 wrote:

@officegal, you should break down and get one! You wouldn't be sorry.

I just read on another thread that you're waiting to get it for free from a points system. That's very smart.

Yup, Awesome Drugstore carries them and I currently have half the points that I need. :smileyhappy:

I still haven't spent the BI 15% discount. Not sure that I will... today is the last day and I don't feel like shopping. :smileysurprised:

kalex

(0) Hearts

I'd swap for the OPI drying drops!  I've been wanting to try those!

officegal

@kalex - I'll send you a message on MUA if any of your swap items catch my interest!

dagriff

(0) Hearts

Can you say Sephora Beauty Insider Sale?? Today I finally ordered:

*Bare Escentuals Tutorials Intro To Eyes

* Too Faced Lip Insurance

*Smashbox Perfect Primers set

*Sephora Full Action Extreme Effect Mascara (I needed another mascara, right?)

*HerCut Curly Medium Hair Conditioner

*Dior Black Out Mascara (what's another??)

For samples I requested

Michael Kors Very Hollywood Sparkling Eau de Toilette

DKNY Be Delicious Eau de Toilette

Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer (it's in my kit but I can give it to my assistant to try)

And for 100 points I ordered 100 Point Perk Philosophy Hope in a Tinted Moisturizer in Light Medium.

Now to wait for a week for it to arrive!

Happy Easter, Everyone.

daisy346

(0) Hearts

@mermadelove, thank you thank you thank you for the product recommendation! My Charged up Cherry finally needed to come off last night (after 5 days!!!!! Which is amazing for me- I used to be lucky to get 1 or 2 days before chipping so I'm very happy) and so I got a chance to try the quick dry spray. I probably never would have tried it if you hadn't raved about it so I'm very grateful. This is the best new product I've used in a long time; I will never be without it. It does just what you said- it dries instantly, and not just to the touch, but really hardens so that you can do stuff without getting bumps in it.

schoolgirl11342

(0) Hearts

My recent haul was

Shiseido Pureness facial cleansing foam

Fairydrops Scandal Queen Mascara

Stila Lip glaze in Strawberry

lol not a lot but its a haul :smileyhappy:

officegal

I finally got the Seche Vite fast drying top coat which is legendary among nail pros. Have not tried it yet to see what the big fuss is about, but hopefully it works!

marinaanne147

My Sephora order came! So, here is my itsy bitsy haul:

-Bare Escentuals Sweet Escape Set

-Full Size Eva Buxom Lip Gloss

-Full Size Buxom Mascara (Reason I got the set!)

-2 Eyeshadows (Mini, I think) - Nouveau (a peach) and Exotic Tara (Blue green)

Gorgeous!

Samples:

Ole Henrikson Red Tea See the Difference Serum (for Mom)

Boyfriend Eau de Parfum (For other Best Friend, I placed the order while she was over :smileyhappy: )

ZIRH Daily Face Moisturizer (Replacement, I actaully ordered the Fresh sample)

Deluxe Sample:

Laura Mercier Face Polish (Smaller than I expected it to be, but it's my first deluxe sample!)

Ok...that's it. And then I mentioned this but I bought my Birthday good friend the Bare Minerals Girlfriend collection which has a mini gloss, an eyeliner, 2 eyeshadows, one blush, and one dual ended brush. 

:smileyvery-happy:

P.S. With all your makeup and talent, all of you should be Youtube Beauty Gurus!!! I would totally watch!

daisy346

(0) Hearts

@kalex, those offer codes are just too tempting! I think I have spring fever.

dagriff

(0) Hearts

oooooooh I'm loving Buxom's new lip pencil/lip stick/lip plumper!! When I returned the Sephora eye primer, I exchanged it for "San Francisco & Las Vegas" lips!!

dagriff

(0) Hearts

Does anyone else feel like a make up snob?? Obviously we all love make up. After getting the discounts at allcosmeticswholesale.com, I started thinking how much I love discounts so signed up to sell Avon. Although the quality is ok, it's not Tarte, MAC, etc etc I don't think I'll be an Avon lady for long lol

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 967 replies
  • 1474 hearts
  • 118 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • kalex
    • runy