officegal

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  :smileyvery-happy:

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

tenngal

Re: Post your recent hauls!

(0) Hearts

@officegal:  I'm glad I'm not the only person in the world who couldn't use The Naked Palette.  I mean I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one.  The colors are beautiful, but I knew from having the individual colors that I couldn't pull off a total nude eye.  But, on the bright side, I can probably get away with using a different shade each day with brighter colors and still make use of it. :smileyhappy:

@katie1724:  I would love to go through your stash!  I hope we get the swap board going.  I'll bet you've got all kinds of goodies in your stash that others would love to have. :smileyhappy:

officegal

tenngal wrote:

@officegal:  I'm glad I'm not the only person in the world who couldn't use The Naked Palette.  I mean I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one.  The colors are beautiful, but I knew from having the individual colors that I couldn't pull off a total nude eye.  But, on the bright side, I can probably get away with using a different shade each day with brighter colors and still make use of it. :smileyhappy:

You're the only other person I've come across who has admitted they're not wild about the Naked Palette.  I've gotten rid of mine all together, it was such a burden upon my makeup-loving soul to see it go to waste in my possession, LOL.  My issue with it was that it was actually TOO pigmented and many of the shades were too dark to give me the natural look.  I much prefer the super subtle softer palettes released by Bobbi Brown.  I'm sorry it didn't work out for you as well, tenngal, but I'm sure there are a tonne of people out there who'd gladly take it off your hands!

Jillie

Yesterday I went to the mall to exchange a shirt that I realized was the wrong size when I got home... I "happened" to pass by the Sephora store and just had to go in. Of coarse keep in mind I just purchased an order from Sephora, which I literally just got about 10 minutes ago. GO FIGURE!

So what I purchased yesterday (in store):

-Dr. Brandt No More Pores Pore Refiner... (Forgot to order this online! Love this stuff)

-Tarte Natural Lip Stain (Bought: Lust & Moody)

-Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Shadow pencil's (Bought: Delinquent and Morphine)

-Benefit High Brow 

-Buxom Stay There Eyeshadows... absolutely LOVE these shadows (I bought: Cocker Spaniel & Black Lab) 

-Harajuku Lovers Cosmetic Case

-Hello Kitty Nail Polish in Blueberry

-Smashbox The Nude LipLiner in Fair

-Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder 

-Makeup Forever Eyeshadow in Purple #92 (probably my all time FAVORITE color to use, I use this shade ALL the time) Lavendar #9, Dark Red #131, Pink Brown #137

My Online Order:

-Harajuku Lovers G of The Sea (I love these perfumes and collect the bottles)

-Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum

-2 Brush Heads for my Clarisonic 

-Urban Decay Show Pony Shadow Box (couldn't pass it up for $16!) 

-Toki Doki Siberia Blush Brush (SO cute)

I went way to overboard in the store! 

tenngal

@j12003:  Very impressive haul, girl!  I'm sooooooo jealous! :smileyhappy:

Jillie

@Tenngal 

Thank you! I'm loving everything I got but my bank account sure doesn't! Also I read in your post yesterday (when you posted your recent haul) that you cant find the crackle polish from China Glaze, have you tried Sally Beauty Stores? I'm not sure if Sally beauty is found all over or only in California? But that is where I bought my China Glaze Crackle polish. Maybe you can find it there also! 

katimae

@j12003 FYI  Sally's is a large national chain.  We even have one in my small town in the middle of nowhere (about 8,000 or less!)  Not easy to go from Raleigh and SF back to this, thank God for the computer (and you guys!)

kalex

(0) Hearts

@Katimae - Ulta is sort of like a Sephora/drugstore/salon.  They carry skincare, makeup, perfume, etc and have drugstore brands, their own brand, prestige brands, and most have a hair salon as well.  They have a website and offer free shipping and samples and such just like Sephora does.

officegal

(0) Hearts

@daisy - This is going to be a must-have product for me from now on!!! And you're right, spot treatments NEVER work.  Well, the only one that sort of did was an Aveda one that I had to throw out due to being too old.  I might get that again.

@tenngal - HOLY MOLY, lady.  I want to go shopping with you!!!  And I wish Ulta was in Canada!

daisy346

(0) Hearts

You don't have Ulta there? You need to move to the US :smileyhappy: I do much prefer Sephora over Ulta, but Ulta carries some brands Sephora doesn't (like China Glaze) and they have good deals sometimes.

daisy346

(0) Hearts

@katie1724, they do still sell Physicians Formula in Targets here. It must depend on the area you're in. I know they sell it at CVS and Ulta too.

@serendipity, let us know how it works! I also (like Kalex- haha) have very puny lashes. I use the Talika Eyelash Lipocils and it definitely helps but I feel like there are better things out there.

kalex

@serendipity - I haven't tried those but please let us know if you see any results.  I have the puniest lashes!  I can confindently say that newborns have longer lashes than I do actually.  :smileyhappy:

prettyinpa

(0) Hearts

kalex wrote:

@serendipity - I haven't tried those but please let us know if you see any results.  I have the puniest lashes!  I can confindently say that newborns have longer lashes than I do actually.  :smileyhappy:

@kalex- You have a way with words, gal!  What a hoot!!!

@serendipity:  Please do post how well your new products work, I have seen them in stores and was always curious>

katie1724

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@serendipity: Where did you find Physicians Formula?! I've been wanting to try that happy looking heart blush, but I can't find anywhere -- not my local Target(s!), and not at the 2938433209202 Walgreens in a 5-mile radius...at home (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) I swear I used to see Physicians Formula everywhere, so I don't know if it's harder to find in general now, or just here. The website still claims it's available at Walgreens and Target, so I don't know what the issue is...

@kalex: Hahahhaha :smileyhappy:

serendipity01

(0) Hearts

@katie1724 - I got it from Ulta.  They had Physicians Formula stuff on sale for buy one get one 50% off.  :smileyhappy:

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

@kaite: I have seen that heart blush at Rite Aid and CVS just this past weekend. I didn't get it because the reviews said that it wasn't really happy making. And considering I already have blushes that color, that's the only reason I was going to get it-- the mood boost and the cute hearts!

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

kalex wrote:

@serendipity - I haven't tried those but please let us know if you see any results.  I have the puniest lashes!  I can confindently say that newborns have longer lashes than I do actually:smileyhappy:

ROTFLMAO!!!! :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

@officegal and tenngal: I had never tried China Glaze before. I loved the look of the crackle. Went to sally's couldn't find it. Just placed a freaking huge order at head2toe beauty dot com. The sell ?China glaze for 2.99 t0 3.49 a bottle. Yes, that's right. 2.99 a bottle. Cosidering that I am totally in love with this beand now that I've actually tried it, I felt like I hit the mother lode. OPI has really been disappointing me lately. The China GLaze went on with perfect coverage after 3 coats, dried SO fast, and holds up better that the OPi colors so far. I don't know if it's just the Sephora by OPI  or what, but my OPI has been chipping on day two. I don't want to do a manicure everyday!

tenngal

(0) Hearts

@officegal:  Great look with the nail polish!  I've been thinking about buying it, but I wasn't sure what it'd look like.  Now I know it looks great, so I'm gonna put it on my shopping list! :smileyhappy:

officegal

dagriff wrote:

Well, whoever posted the allcosmeticswholesale.com address really didn't think anyone would be cutting back. I placed two orders in two days!

The first one had Bobbi Brown exfoliating cleanser, Lancome eye make up remover, an Estee Lauder lipstick & mascara, Clinique Moisture Surge, & Stilla Illuminating Powder Foundation...all for $100.

The next day I ordered SMH empty eye shadow compact and eye shadow to fill it for $84.

Happy shopping...or cutting back, whichever you're doing!

Daaaaamn... that's a good haul!

islandqt

Ooh I can finally add to this!

Maybelline Falsies mascara (which is so far so good EXCEPT it dries too quickly for my taste so i can only get in one and a half coats. But really I don't need more)

Elizabeth Arden Good Night's Sleep Restoring cream

Clarins One-step exfoliator with orange extract

MAC mineralized eyeshadow in Odd Couple

AND!

not one but TWO nude lipsticks!! You all don't know this but I have had a hell of a time trying to find a nude lipstick because my lips are very pigmented and my undertone is in that weird in-between golden/coral place.

BUT!

Two I love:

Maybelline's Color sensational lipstick in Cocopop (so so perfect, barely there lipstick but totally nude)

YSL rouge pur lipstick in #147, which is lighter BUT has a sort of peachy tint to it which ends up looking beautiful with a smokey eye.

So far so good!

lokitty72

I love the nude lip but I have the problem of not only highly pigmented lips but my top lip is much darker than my bottom lip. I stumbled onto a cure for this. Lip liner!!! I picked up a lip liner very close to my lips' color and applied to my entire lips and Voila! C'est magnifique. My latest hauls are:

NARS lipstick in Funny Face(a fabulous fuchsia alternative to red lipstick)

NARS lip lacquer in Hot wired(a sheer fuchsia gloss that amps up my Funny Face lipstick or looks great by itself)

Sephora by OPI nail polish in Iris I Was Thinner (a creamy grape sherbet for spring is the best way I can describe it)

Clinique Quick Liner in Tender Taupe(my nude liner that I use under all my lipsticks)

Clinique Lip Smoothie lip gloss in Pom-A-Greatness(a sheer berry with just a little bit of sparkle)

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara in black (I bought it on a whim because the brush was so darn cute but let me tell you the best $10 I have spent on makeup in a LONG time)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 967 replies
  • 1474 hearts
  • 118 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • kalex
    • runy