officegal

Post your recent hauls!

I know a lot of us made resolutions to stop buying new things, but did you really pass up some of the post-holiday sales and deals as well as newly released limited edition goods?  Confess!  :smileyvery-happy:

My recent items are:

TARINA TARANTINO Sparklicity Pure Gold (so pretty!)
LORAC Tie Dye For Lip Gloss Collection (great value)
TARINA TARANTINO Supernova Nail Lacquer - Starchild (50% off)
SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner To Go (morning staple for lazy days when I haven't cleaned my brushes)
BOSCIA Peppermint Blotting Linens ($6Cdn @ 3x)
CLARINS Instant Sun Shimmer Blush in Light (50% off)
BY TERRY Rouge Delectation Lipstick in Vanilla Cinnamon (50% off)

500 Point Perk:  Benefit Coralista (full size) and Bad Gal Mascara (deluxe sample)

Non-Sephora items:

MAC Soiree Nail Polish from the Cham Pale Collection

MAC Dangerous Cuvee Paint Pot from the Cham Pale Collection

kalex

Re: Post your recent hauls!

Darn it!  I can only find the Jackpot set on UD's website.  I was hoping it would be at Ulta or Beauty.com but no luck!  After what mermade said I don't want to shop at UD!

Speaking of Beauty.com, I'm really loving them lately.  I placed two orders in the last week alone!  They have free shipping on $25, 3 free samples, and they're always offering GWP's too.

I got -

Deborah Lippman polishes in "Bad Romance" and "Ruby Red Slippers"

Crabtree&Evelyn Lip Butter "Creme Brulee"

Origins Brighter By Nature Powder Foundation

Urban Decay Lip Junkie Gloss "Midnight Cowby" (deluxe sample free with purchase)

PurLisse Daily Lip Nourisher (full-size free with any purchase)

officegal

Nice haul, islandqt & kalex!  Yeah, nude lips are really difficult.  I always look for one that is just slightly darker than my own lip colour but most "nude" shades wash me out or end up too dark.  I have a few that I like but am constantly on the search for the "perfect" one.

Kalex, you're going to love Bad Romance.  I have that and Across the Universe.  While the glitter is a pain to remove, it's unlike anything else I've ever seen in other nail polishes.

tenngal

I've been trying to "shop my own stash" and not buy anything new, but I finally couldn't stand it anymore and had to buy a few things.  I actually broke up the Sephora order into two orders so I could get two deluxe samples (lol)!

Here's what I got from Sephora:
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil in Sin
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil in Lit
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil in Morphine

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Blending Brush

Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue

Benefit She Laq (ran out so this is just restocking)

Professional Platinum Stippling Brush (needed an extra)

I bought a backup bottle of foundation from MAC, as well as a couple of new lipsticks

which I can't think of the color right now and MAC Pro Lip Erase.

I also bought a couple of Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadows from eBay both in the shade Revolver because they are being discontinued and I love that shade.

I think I listed everything.  It was fun shopping again since I hadn't done it in a few weeks. :smileyhappy:

mermadelove

@tenngal: Don't you just LOVE those UD shadow pencils??? I have a few more in my cart now. I hope that they make more colors! BTW, how did you find out that they were discontinuing the mattes again?

voodoocat

I tried those shadow pencils in the store and LOVED them. But, I'm now conflicted--I had the 24/7 pencil set in my hand, then put it down because now I'm wondering if I should buy the shadow pencils instead. Are they the same formulas just in different sizes?

officegal

(0) Hearts

voodoocat wrote:

I tried those shadow pencils in the store and LOVED them. But, I'm now conflicted--I had the 24/7 pencil set in my hand, then put it down because now I'm wondering if I should buy the shadow pencils instead. Are they the same formulas just in different sizes?

I wish I knew but I'm new to the 24/7 stuff myself.  I eagerly await for the more knowledgeable posters to provide the answer to this!

prettyinpa

I have both the 24/7 liners and the 24/7 shadow pencils and they seem to be the same consistency and durability. Both stay on well and have very good pigmentation (what you would expect from UD).  The shadow pencils are fatter so you can get the job done with less rubbing on the eye lid than if you had to do it with a skinny pencil. Since my eyelids tend to be oily and are getting a bit crepey, I don't like to over rub them if possible, so I bought the shadow pencils and am happy with them. If you already had the liner set, and have the color you would otherwise buy of the shadow pencil, and you don't mind a bit of extra rubbing, I'd say save your money and just use your liners as shadow.

waterbaby1981

(0) Hearts

I want to know the answer too!  I was at the mall yesterday and decided on a whim to check out the Sephora in JCPenney and they had the smaller thing of UD 24/7 liners...although breaking it down to about $5/pencil in the anniversary set of 15 is a really REALLY good deal!  (Even more so if the hubby agrees too!)  With all the stuff I'm hearing about the UD liners and naked palette, I really really want my tax refund and both of those!  (Which is why I'll end up buying and then paying the credit card balance. :smileyvery-happy:

waterbaby1981

!!!!!!!!   I just called the Ulta store by my house and they have the Naked palette and will put it on a 24 hour hold for me!  I would rather get it from Sephora, but hell, if they have the liner set, I'll just get them there instead!   *happy dance*  I want to see what all the hubbub is about with this stuff!

prettyinpa

(0) Hearts

@waterbaby:  You will love the Naked Palette!  Bet you can't wait until tomorrow to get that elusive find!

waterbaby1981

@prettyinpa: hahaha....I drove out there tonight before they closed to pick it up!  GORGEOUS colors, and I got a free stardust eyeshadow and two free lip junkie glosses in Midnight Cowboy and Wallflower too.  Can't wait to wear them tomorrow...just now have to hit Sephora for the liners in the morning!  I literally danced in the driver's seat as soon as I got into the car :smileyvery-happy:

officegal

I'm so tempted by those shadow pencils, too!  Morphine seems to be a really popular colour.  I'm seeing a lot of reviews on blogs and YouTube.

eyelovemac

is month ive a bit makeup crazy:smileyhappy:

-Too Faced Natural eye palette (im in love:smileyhappy:<3)

-UDPP in "Greed"

-Too Faced French Riviera bronzing palette

-MUFE aqua eyes in black

-Lancome bi-facil remover ( holy grail)

-Stila Bronzing Tinted Moisturizer

-Guerlain eye kajal

-Lancome Teint Miracle foundation

MAC-

-Golden Lariat mineralize skinfinish ( wonderwoman!!=)

-Amber Lights, brule, sketch, beauty marked and Rani eyeshadows

-Indianwood paintpot

-VIVA glam gaga lipstick+glass

officegal

It's appropriate that I created the Haul thread because I'm utterly hopeless. 

Went to the awesome drugstore that sells UD and got the mini size of the 24/7 anniversary set (there was only two left and I felt like I was missing out).  Then I ran out of my fave concealer which is the MUFE HD Invisible Cover (my third time purchasing it) and also took the opportunity to get the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer which I sampled and just LOVED.  The professional size of UDPP was from last week and I'm glad I have that.  Then there was a sale on the Revlon lippies so I grabbed the Colorburst lip gloss in Papaya and lipsticks in Blush and Rosy Nude.

IMG_2118.JPG

francilicious

Omigosh! A MINI set!!! I just absolutely positively have to get one. Ahhh! So cool!!!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

This is how i looked when i found out:

smililicious!!!.jpgLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mermadelove

Sweet!!

I dind't even know they had the anniversary set in a mini size!!! Is it all 15 of them????

I am soooo glad the drugstores near me don't sell UD. I'd be in SERIOUS trouble! Right now, the only thing that's keeping me marginally at bay is that I don't want my DH to have a coronary from seeing package after package coming from UPS, the mail, etc. The TSB's have helped with that because he knows about them and likes that the end result goes to charity!

I bought a bonus set from beauty dot com of Juice Beauty's Full Strength Green Apple Peel and the Cleansing Cream came with it. I may give the cream away in a TSB, since I have a plethora of cleansing creams right now.

I'll post pics when I get them.

I have in my cart at Beauty from the Earth a bunch of loose mineral and pigment e/s, a couple of empty eye shadow palettes, and a mineral and pigment e/s pressing kit. Who knew such a thing existed??? Now I will get much more use out of my loose shadows because I will turn them into pan shadows! So excited!

kalex

There's a mini set?  Iwantitwantitwantit. Want. It.! 

I just did a quick search online and I can't find it.  :smileysad:

Coolmomof2

I saw a mini set called 24/7 Jackpot on Urban Decay's website.  It has 9 mini/travel size of several of the colors from the big anniversary set and it also has a full size of Zero for $39.  Hope this helps!

officegal

coolmomof2 wrote:

I saw a mini set called 24/7 Jackpot on Urban Decay's website.  It has 9 mini/travel size of several of the colors from the big anniversary set and it also has a full size of Zero for $39.  Hope this helps!

Yep, that's the one I have.  It's not available at Sephora (I think).  The mini shades are: Gunmetal, Rockstar, Binge, Ransom, Electric, Mildew, Stash, Whiskey and Eldorado.  I'm going to have to stop visiting Awesome Drugstore before it bankrupts me!

mallory87

I got:

DKNY Delicious Duo

Lip Vinyl Pencil

MUFE powder

MUFE mat and velvet foundation

Jet set mini brush set

too faced look of love set

sarithor

Just got a Haul. I got...

Benefit Feelin Cheeky Value Set

Smashbox Iconic Eye Set

Nars Nailpolish in Orgasm

Sephora Collection Concealer Palette

and a Free Deluxe Sample for Stila Glamoureyes Mascara

DSCN4772.JPGfeelincheeky.jpgnarsorgasm.jpgsephoraconcealer.jpgsmashboxiconic.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 967 replies
  • 1474 hearts
  • 118 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • kalex
    • runy