Snuggleberry

Palette/set faceoff!

I love all the palettes and sets coming out and at this point my wishlist is getting a little crazy so I think its time to narrow it down! I tried to pair up similar sets and I could really use your input with regards to formula quality and colors. Im sort of celebrating xmas and my bday early (very early since I'm a Dec baby) so I can  spread out my holiday spending a little more, but I'd like to limit myself to 150. Hitting Sephora Wednesday with your suggestions. :smileyhappy: Here goes:

LIPS: 

vs 

Bite Best Bite Set ($25) vs Tarte Pure Delights ($34)

vs 

Buxom Serial Kisser ($32)  vs Kat Von D Spellbinding lipstick set ($39)

Eyes:

vs Too-Faced-A-Few-of-My-Favorite-Things-overhead-open.jpg vs 

KVD Spellbinding Eyeshadow book ($55) vs Too Faced  A few of my fav things ($56) vs. Urban Decay Vice 2 ($59)

Thanks!

yaning

Re: Palette/set faceoff!

(0) Hearts

my new favorite: Jill Stuart brow palette. Jill-Stuart---Eyebrow-Powder.jpg

katief241981

(0) Hearts

I freaking LOVE the Too Faced palette.  I got it rather unexpectedly after seeing it in person in store and have been using it so much lately.  Plus the bronzers and blushes are beautiful as well!

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

KVD palette and now you've made ME want her lipstick set! I have the KVD palette and I have used it almost every day since buying it! Won't lie, vice 2 is kind of tempting but I am saving myfunds for NAKED 3!!!!!!

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

Tarte, KatVonD, Too Faced (I love the sound of music)

sp2001

(0) Hearts

I bought everything listed in this post, plus a few more lip sets (bite lip kit, laura mercer sets both lipstick and gloss and a few other palettes). Anyways, i'm going to use this as a placeholder to come back and type more when I get a chance.

Tiffy20

(0) Hearts

I'm thinking about gettnig the Favorite Things Palette but I already have the Joy to the Girls and Be Bright, Be Merry... I wonder would it be worth it to get the Favorite things?

<script type="text/javascript" src="resource://fpi/injected_script.js"></script>
shortstuff07

(0) Hearts

I have all three of the eyeshadow palettes, I really like all of them.  I'm really pale, (Gobi in Nars Sheer Glow/.5 in Urban Decay Naked.)   I also got the Kat Von D lipsticks, and never even opened them for a week, so I returned them.  

BeautyLove02

(0) Hearts

RoxyStar...won't let me reply to you :/ Wanted to ask you, or anyone who knows-Does the Too Faced palette lean warm or cool toned? I'm so light that anything warm toned turns muddy on me..Thank you beautiful ladies :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I ended up getting the Too Faced yesterday in store and really like it.

gingerblack

(0) Hearts

The too faced palette is awesome. The bronzers are so pigmented you only need a tiny bit. The colours in the palette are unique and beautiful. I haven't tried the mascara yet but the lipstick is pretty nice and stings a lot.

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

I have the bite pencils, KVD Spellbinding lipsticks and the UD Vice 2 on my Christmas wishlist.  :smileyhappy:

Snuggleberry

(0) Hearts

I can tell you like  color! have you ever tried KVD's formula before? its the one brand I don't think I've ever tried. 

ghkim

(0) Hearts

i would purchase the bite pencils as well as the tarte pencils (which is what i actually did!). as mafan said below, they are very different and they are both a really great deal. as far as the shadows, all three have great color range. i personally would probably buy the ud one during the ud 20% off sale. you'd still have some money leftover to play with too, especially if you can manage to get the 10% beautyfall code.

mafan

(0) Hearts

As far as the pencils go, have you tried both?  I like both, but they're different.  The Bite is more like a lipstick and it stays true to color.  The Tarte isn't as strongly pigmented, feels a bit more balm like, and stains.  But the stain isn't the same as the initial color and can sometimes be bright.  (Both look like great values and I'd love to have both of them, not that I have either right now.)

Snuggleberry

(0) Hearts

I bought the give me some lip set when it first came out and it had the Bite rhubarb and tarte glitzy. I liked both a lot which prompted me to search for more pencils!.

Now that I think about it I've worn the tarte one more and the bite set has the same color in the set- so I'm going to go with the Tarte set . Thanks!  

sephoramusthave

1. bite beauty

2. KVD

3. UD

juicytulip

(0) Hearts

My advice--buy the Vice 2 on UD's site now (20% off for FF) and the Too Faced kit, as it's a great value. Regarding the lip kits, there are so many great ones this year, I agree. Many of the kits, however, have a lot of drastic colors. If you're into that--great. I'm personally not. I'm voting for the Bite lipstick set (not the pencil set--you don't have it on your list but it's 8 shades!) and waiting on the Nars pencil set that'll come out in early November. I have UD Vice 2 and I REALLY like it--my only gripe is that I wish there were lighter shades (lots of smokey, dark ones).

Snuggleberry

(0) Hearts

The UD FF sale is killing me with temptation!   I agree with you about the dark, smokey colors though - its the only think holding me back. I've tried Too Faced before and it looks more neutral and it really is an amazing value- I did more research and it looks like it includes 2 full-sized bronzers! I'm so tempted to get both!

kenny

(0) Hearts

Just because it's The Sound of Music themed, I'm all over the TooFaced palette (plus they do make pretty good palettes)

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

Bite Matte lip pencils are really nice (been enjoying my set).

For eyeshadow, I opt for the Too Faced or UD Vice 2

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • kenny
    • sephoramusthave
    • mafan
    • bombshell30
    • roxystar4