fran11

Off to Sephora with my VIB coupon in hand!

Happy New Year Everyone!

I am happy to find that my local Sephora is open today and I am heading out with my VIB coupon! I know 10% isn't really THAT much of a discount, but these marketing people know how to mess with your head to make you feel like its such a great deal :-)

As always, I have my list of items to replenish along with a LONG list of items that I want to try.  I am going to try to not break the bank today and display some self-restraint!  I guess only time will tell how well I do.... :-)

I just wanted to share my excitement of my trip and wish everyone a happy, healthy and beautiful new year! 

nancypr

Re: Off to Sephora with my VIB coupon in hand!

What a great day to start the new year!!! What a great haul!!!! And even better, you start banking the 350 pts that get you to be  VIB for next year!!!  

lowrah

Wonderful!!

I'm probably going to go in tomorrow or the next day with mine since it expires 1/4

fran11

(0) Hearts

Oh have fun tomorrow lowrah! Do share what you bring home :-)

fran11

Thanks everyone! It was a lot of fun :smileyhappy:  I think I am set for a while!

I ended up getting mainly all products that I have been wanting to try.  Here's what I got:

- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer - (I got a sample of this recently and LOVED it. Best primer I have tried so far)

- Tarte LipSurgence Natural Lipstain in Moody

- Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Eye Pencil in Gunmetal

- Kat Von D Lock n' Load Makeup Setting Mist

- Bare Minerals READY SPF 15 Touch Up Veil

- Oscar Blandi Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray

- Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream (for my dark circles - boo)

Considering how long my list was - I think I was successful at holding back - although I did get quite a bit! :smileyhappy:  I am very excited to use them all!

Hope everyone had a great holiday season! :-)

Fran

dianabt

Congratulations Fran11!

Looks like you picked up some GREAT products! I love the Origins Gin-Zing eye cream and my KVD Lock n Load Mist has done WONDERS in keeping my makeup fresh all day! Enjoy and Happy New Year!

:smileyvery-happy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
fran11

Thanks Diana! 

I read about the GinZing and KVD lock and load on the boards and was inspired to try both.  Today was the first test and so far so good.  I just looked in the mirror after a full day of wearing my makeup and can't believe how it stayed put! Based on today, the mist is definitely worth the money and I can't believe I have been living without it!

The GinZing definitely helped brighten my undereye area - I still used a bit of concealer - but I feel the cream definitely helped.  Overall, I'd say I had a great outing yesterday :smileyvery-happy:

berniebeauty

Those products sound really fun! Let us know how you like them, or just review them and send us the link to the review page!

~~We are all beautiful~~

fran11

(0) Hearts

Thanks berniebeauty!  It definitely was a lot of fun way to ring in the new year.

I will be happy to give a brief review of what I got (for those who care:smileywink: )!

1)  Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer: I have tried several foundation primers and this is by far the best one.  It feels luxiourious on the skin and definitely makes my face softer than moisturizer does. Makeup looks fantastic on top of it - I need less foundation to achieve the coverage I need.  Plus it's oil free, which is a must for me.  Hands down, my favorite item of the purchase.

2) Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Gunmetal: I haven't tried this yet, but I have used the UD 24/7 liners before and know their quality.  Love that they are waterproof and do not budge.  I thought the gunmetal would be a fun color to try - maybe add some to the inside or outside corners for something different! I tried it on my hand and it is a little more silver than I thought it would be - I look forward to experimenting with this one!

3) Kat Von D Lock n' Load Makeup Setting Mist: I don't know how I was living without this product.  I have never tried a setting mist before so I can't really compare if this is better than any others out there, but all I know is that it works.  My makeup stays on my face and doesn't end up everywhere else! Plus I have oily skin and it defintely helps to reduce the oil during the day. Love this product!

4) Bare Minerals READY SPF 15 Touch Up Veil: I have been using Bare Essentials products for close to 10 years now and swear by most of them.  I love using the mineral veil to soak up any oil throughout the day and keep my makeup matte, but the loose powder is so difficult and inconvienient to keep in your purse, etc.  They finally made a pressed powder version in a compact and am very excited to get my hands on it.  Works great and is very practical.

5) Oscar Blandi Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray: This is my first go-around with dry shampoo.  I wanted to get something to use when I straighten my thick curly hair so that I can keep my straight style longer before having to wash it.  I straightened my hair yesterday and used the product this morning and it did remove any oil buildup on my scalp and made my hair feel fresh again.  I have really dark brown hair and this product left no white flakes, as I heard some other products do since they are powder based. It is a bit expensive, but I am pleased with this product.

6) Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream: I am always on the hunt for somthing to brighten up my under eye circles.  This one works well, but so far, not really any better than some of the others I have tried.  It definitely brihtens my eye area but I still use a bit of concealer on top. I will continue to use, but may not buy again.  I feel I can get similar results with a much cheaper product.  

lexikaye

SO lucky! I wish I could start my New Year that way, but I have spent WAY to much money this month that I just cant do it :smileytongue: have fun! Happy New Year! LexiKaye<3
anaa

Have fun - it's a really neat way to start the New Year!

xoxcharlottexox

Hey, Fran11!

Happy New Year!!

I want to hear what you end up getting!! Try not to buy TOO much! lol. :smileywink:

xoxo, Charlotte :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 30 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • xoxcharlottexox
    • anaa
    • nancypr
    • lowrah
    • dianabt