cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Much to Do About March! 2017 Hauls

Download-Hello-march.jpg

If you can't tell, I am ready for Spring and all the beautiful products we can expect!

Post your treasured hauls for March here!

Re: Much to Do About March! 2017 Hauls

@flyte I was a little worried that the Alexa Ren duo was going to be a little dark on me but I'm really loving the highlight!:D

Oh yay!  You got Rose Quartz! 💗

@Tamara76 I did and I love her!<3

Sephora and Flower Beauty orders arrived today 

IMG_2267.JPG

IMG_0898.JPG

Two boxes came today!

I ordered the Pur mystery box which came with a contour stick, a blush stick, mascara, a lip gloss crayon, and a brow item. I also ordered the pur hydrogel lift with it since I like the idea of an undereye primer with skincare ingredients built in.

The second box was the new CoverFx custom enhancer drops in halo and the Christophe Robin shampoo promo. I'm impressed with how much shampoo is in this sample bottle!

I wasn't sure if this mystery box would be any good, but I think I'll probably use half the items. I'll pass on the brow and lip products to a friend since I don't like to do my brows and I'm super picky about lipsticks.

I already have a few other bottles of the custom enhancer drops and I'm waiting on an order of the custom cover drops, so I guess my vanity will have its own coverfx section soon. I'm planning to play with mixing them in different amounts with a primer to see if I can make some nice illuminating foundations with different sorts of reflection/shine.

Not really a haul, but it is something new! I got a new tattoo on Tuesday. Daisies are my mom's favorite. I love them too because of her. ❤️

IMG_1260.JPG

@vegchililover78 what a beautiful tattoo! 🙂

XOXO,
Marieke

Your tattoo looks amazing! Congrats on the new ink!

I love it!  So special and beautiful!  @vegchililover78 🌼🌼🌼

That's so beautiful ❤️

Ohh that's real pretty @vegchililover78  🙂

Wow they came out great! Love the meaning behind it too 🙂

WOW!!  These are beautiful @vegchililover78 Heart  

Stunning, I love it!

Guerlain purchases from Sephora (eye palette) and Nordstrom (eyebrow kit, lipstick, eye pencils).

Hauls_2017_02_Guerlain_Nordstrom.jpg

Sephora purchase, enabled by the 5-sample lip promotion:

Hauls_2017_03_DL_Sephora.jpg

I must say that lip sample promotion was totally worth it. Samples + promo + BB cleaner point perk. I don't use a Beauty Blender, but, I'm trying it out as a refill to Sephora Solid Brush Cleaner (so very little plastic waste).

Hauls_2017_03_Samples_GWP_PP_Sephora.jpg

Lovely!  How do you like the Guerlain eyeshadow?  @SheWhoSkis

@Tamara76, I have mixed feelings on this line of shadows from them. The packaging is absolutely gorgeous, and it channels something nostalgic for times like when my grandma was young and beauty was so classic. I'm an old soul, so this packaging gets me.

I find the formula to be hit and miss.

Guerlain_Shadows_93_RueDePassy.jpg

The above is my first purchase of the shadows, a couple years ago. 93 Rue de Passy. I thought "wow, what a great neutral pallet", and purchased from Sephora without trying. The color payoff of the browns was not great, and it looked really muddy on me. The greys have payoff, but they leave me with a very dark look. This color selection is ok for a dramatic smokey eye as a result, but completely unusable for a more neutral look. Which is a shame, because it was not cheap and the packaging makes it so I want to use it because it has such a nice feel in the hand.

Guerlain_Shadows_66BoulevardDuMontparnasse.jpg

Fast forward a couple of years, and a Guerlain person at my Nordstrom counter invited me in for a facial and makeover. She used this pallet on me (66 Boulevard du Montparnasse). I loved it - great color payoff, easy to work with/blend, and so pretty. I was so excited to find a 6 Color Pallette that had the lovely packaging and solid product. Then, I discovered that it was a discontinued item no longer carried by Nordstrom. In a panic, I searched and found Sephora still had it.

From the perspective of shadow quality alone, it's not at all worth it. Viseart, NARS, Dior, Chanel, MAC, and others make shadows that are comparable or better quality. But, if seeing this packaging has you yearning for a quality packaging of years gone by AND you like 66 Boulevard du Montparnasse, then better move on it fast. All other shades are sold out, and it is a discontinued line. I've noticed Guerlain moving away from quality packaging, so who knows if this will get revamped/updated with new colors.

Wow!  Thank you for the detailed review!   I really appreciate all your thoughts on these palettes.  I love your sentiment about feeling nostalgic for when your grandma was young and beauty was so classic!  ❤️  @SheWhoSkis

SiJCP- Nars Unfiltered II, Benefit Roller Lash mascara travel size, Ole Henrikson Sheer Transformation DS gwp

20170302_111406.jpg

Macy's- Chanel N. 5 body lotion, Coach keychain ID holder

20170302_111318.jpg

you can't go wrong with the NARS Unfiltered II palette! Currently my go-to. I hope you love it 😄

Looking at your new ID holder made me want one too!

1 Reply
testing