Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

MARVELLOUS MAY HAULS!

Hope it's okay we continue the fun and haulin'

here for May!

It is Also Mother's day soon and my birthday month so I am excited to share what I will haul this month and would love to see yours as well! 

Screenshot_20170501-071832.jpg

Spoiler
Couple of My first hauls of the month (Mars Holo and MJ Whirlpool)

Screenshot_20170507-015128.jpg

Re: MARVELLOUS MAY HAULS!

thank you! 🙂

Ok y'all need to stahhpppp! This is gorgeous and too tempting for a full fledged eyeshadow palette addict lol 😄 Enjoy @katgoulding 

sometimes you just have to splurge... this is one of those times

Same! Yay! @katgoulding

yay!!! enjoy yours 🙂 i know you will

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Spoiler
Marc Jacobs Remarcable in 14 Ivory Medium 
Nars RCC in Vanilla
Benefit Cheek Parade palette
Verb Sea Texture Cream
Estee Lauder DW Light in 1
Fresh & Smashbox deluxe samples from recent promos! 🙂

Initial thoughts (for anyone curious):

Spoiler
Verb Sea Texture Cream - my hair is extremely straight and stubborn, so this product was not going to give me beachy waves, but it did give my hair piecey texture, hold, and some volume (which, considering what my hair is like, is very impressive). I think if I curled my hair before applying this, it would definitely help keep the curls alive throughout the day. Plus, I love the scent of it and it's quick and easy to apply. I could see myself using it daily. 🙂 @katgoulding @unfungirl @veronika23

EL DW Light - I wish I had bought this ages ago because I'm in love. I could see this being my new HG (which is saying something). It looks flawless, but oddly natural at the same time. I am blown away!

Benefit Cheek Parade - Thus far I've only tried Galifornia and the Hoola Lite bronzer. I wasn't really interested in Hoola Lite initially (I typically like my bronzers a little darker), but it's actually a beautiful bronzer. Very natural looking, and light enough that I could use it through the winter months. I also really like Galifornia. For some reason I thought it'd be too bright and strong on me, but I applied it very lightly and it looks lovely. They both blend out beautifully! 

MJ Remarcable foundationWaaaaaay too dark and yellow-toned for me. I don't think I'll be hanging onto it.

@Asche

So glad I saw that you purchased this! 🙂  Just curious about some more of your thoughts if you don't mind.

I have been eye-ing the cheek parade palette and I'm likely going to be doing an Ulta purchase tomorrow or today, but I've seen a lot of really negative reviews on the packaging of that palette?  Blushes come off on the mirror really bad, "Parade" is a sticker, etc.  Do you love it / worth it?  Thank you 🙂

@CaityLaine I really love the Cheek Parade palette!! Personally, I have no issue with the packaging.I didn't actually notice the "Parade" sticker until you mentioned it. I can see why that would turn some people off, but I care more about the products inside (which are fantastic). I did have some of the overspray of the Galifornia blush transfer onto the mirror, It wiped right off, and none of the other blushes have done that. 

This palette was 100% worth it for me. I didn't own any of these blushes, but wanted them all. The only thing I already owned was the original Hoola bronzer, but having it in a palette is easier for travelling. I've also really been enjoying Hoola Lite. I don't think the packaging flaws ruin the palette whatsoever. It's still wonderful and totally worth it IMO. 🙂

@Asche

Thank you for your opinion. 🙂

I had kind of felt like some of those reviews were over dramatic, so I'm glad to hear you love it.

I don't own any of those in that palette either, but I've tried Hoola and Hoola lite before.  Thanks again, I will be purchasing! 🙂 🙂

@AscheNiiice haul! That cheek parade palette is just freaking adorable and I really appreciate the review! I was eyeing that for the Galifornia and light bronzer but I was wondering if the Galifonia is very similar to NARS orgasm or if it is a little different?

@RoseCharlie It is a wonderful palette! I can see similarities between Galifornia and Orgasm, but Orgasm I find to be a bit darker/more muted. Galifornia is brighter. Orgasm also has a golden sheen to it, Galifornia has nothing like that. The colours themselves are somewhat similar, but there are enough differences between them that I think you could justify owning both. 😛

@AscheOoooh that is actually super duper helpful and answers all my questions - I did think it looked a little brighter and that is what I hoped it would be like but I wasn't sure - also because there is a sort of design in gold mica dust on the Galifornia blush I wasn't sure if the gold was blended throughout like it is in the orgasm blush or if it sat on top.  Thank you so much for this feedback it is super helpful! : )

@RoseCharlie I'm really glad I could help! 🙂 The gold on Galifornia is just an overspray and disappears as soon as you start using it. There isn't any gold in the actual blush whatsoever. 🙂

Lovely haul!   Thank you for the detailed reviews!

@Asche

Thanks @Tamara76! & no problem! Happy to help. 🙂

Thanks @Asche :). Is the scent super strong and overpowering? 

@veronika23 I don't find it super strong, definitely not overpowering. When I first applied it I could smell it, but it wasn't all that strong. I think it's dissipated over time because I can't really smell it at all now.

Ohhh that's perfect! Thanks so much @Asche! Will be purchasing soon! THX!

No problem V! I hope you like it. 🙂

Oooooo nice haul.  Lots of great stuff.  Enjoy!

@Asche  i love the dew drops! it's the first liquid highlighter i've been impressed with!

and i am crazy about verb so i'd love to hear your thoughts on the texture cream! i'm always looking for stuff to enhance my waves 🙂

testing