Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

MARVELLOUS MAY HAULS!

Hope it's okay we continue the fun and haulin'

here for May!

It is Also Mother's day soon and my birthday month so I am excited to share what I will haul this month and would love to see yours as well! 

Screenshot_20170501-071832.jpg

Spoiler
Couple of My first hauls of the month (Mars Holo and MJ Whirlpool)

Screenshot_20170507-015128.jpg

Re: MARVELLOUS MAY HAULS!

Ooh, that palette is gorgeous!

Beautiful palette colours @StephaniLynn!

Sigh - there were just such good promos, sales and events in May... Next month I will have to put a cork in it though - my computer broke down and my puppy needs * expensive * surgery.  And also there was stuff I wanted... I feel a little guilty... Well this what I've bought over the past few weeks.  I didn't really know how to capture all of this I started trying to take pics of everything and then just started doing "categories".

Also I have a Public Service Announcement: to any of you ladies who loved the LUSH mother's day SCRUBEES yesterday a little birdie told me that they are coming back as a part of the regular collection but it will take some time to source all the ongoing supply contracts for some of the constituents so it will likely be at least a few months before you see them in stores but they are supposed to land there  eventually... YAYYYYY! : ) That was one piece of good news though the bad news is they are eliminating some great products (turkish delight, beautiful, dreamwash...) I HATE when they do that!

Organizer and stuff.png

Spoiler
Acrylic makeup organizer from Amazon
Re-usable shopping bag and floral dress from Forever 21
Pink sweater with heart sequins - poa studio
A mini LUSH haul with a bubble bar that says "rosewood and grapefruit" but really it smells a lot like neroli so if you like Happy Happy Joy Joy or Frozen bath bomb you will like this bubble bar.
LUSH chocolate lip scrub - this smells/tastes AWESOME
Other LUSH stuff: lip balm, charity pot and Scrubee (these things are the BOMB)! I've heard reviewers say it smells like "honey I washed the kids soap" and it SORT of does but it would be more accurate to say that it smells like the "soft coeur" massage bar... More white chocolatey - they're amazing.  I actually bought 5 of them and 4 Maypole soaps but I gave them away because I had 4 girlfriend birthdays this month.
- MUFE HD poweder
- Dior "Pump and Volume" Mascara (I bought this because of the gratis reviews I saw here and it is my new favourite mascara! It's amazing!)

Scrubbies and scrub.jpg

Spoiler
MORE SCRUBEES! After trying the first one I ran to my computer and ordered more so this was an online order.  I don't like the honey lip scrub which is a first, I love all their lip scrubs usually.  I know a lot of peeps like these Scrubees and I have heard some good news about them!

Este Edit and frags.jpg

Spoiler
A couple of Sephora orders from the recent sale and from the 3* the points on fragrances event) + a Beauty Boutique order because of a recent points event.  My Rouge requalification gift.

hair stuff.jpg

Spoiler
Orders of hair stuff - the Amika stuff smells amazing and to any interested blondes, I haven't tried out the toning (i.e. purple) conditioner yet but I was very pleased to see how dark the purple was it's nicely packed with the toning hues.  Sometimes they cheap out on the conditioners and they don't tone as much but not this time.  I haven't tried the StriVectin stuff yet it just came

LUSH.jpg

Spoiler
I ran out and did a third LUSH haul BECAUSE - AND - I hate HATE when they do this but they are eliminating Turkish Delight and Beautiful shower gel so if you guys like those items it's your last chance to snag em'.  The happy happy joy joy hair conditioner I use only to perfume my hair because I love the scent but you have to like natural scents and be used to the smell of essential oils to like this I think.  It smells of orange blossom, rose and almond milk.  The shampoo bars are great and they last forever, this one smells like the "rose jam" scent.  The sample is of love and light cream.

Saje Wellness.jpg

Spoiler
A mini Saje wellness haul - I'm not a huge fan of their blends because they tend to heavily rely on the cheaper EOs but I do like their single note essential oils and mists/sprays.  Goddess is probably my favourite, the Goddess mist has a different (more expensive) composition than the diffuser blend or perfume and to be it smells much better than either.

red dress.jpgblue and white dress.jpg

Spoiler
These are a couple of cheap dresses I got from Amazon Prime.  They're not bad considering the price.  I like the fabrics.  The only issue I have is that these patterns tend not be made for curvier ladies even when you go up in size there is not enough difference in size between the waist and bust so that if I get a dress that is nice and fitted in the waist it typically smushes my chest unbearably.  I wish they made the busts bigger without altering the waist sizes.  

Yummie order.jpg

Spoiler
Some Yummie by Heather stuff I imported from the US at great cost lol.  It's essentially a shape wear company so their workout stuff is flattering.  Now I just need to start working out lol.

Thank you so much @Tamara76, @liv545 and @pinyo! : )  I'm so excited about the Scrubees too! They smell just like the soft coeur massage bars which are my favourite and smell good enough to eat.  Thank you for the kind words especially about the dresses I was feeling a bit self conscious wearing them but I had been drooling over all the pretty and ** very cheap ** vintage cut dresses on Amazon...  The only gripe I have is that I want a fit snug in the waist but comfortable in the bust and even though I purchased dresses with a larger bust to waist ratio in the measurement they are still a bit too small in the bust - i can fit but it's all a bit squashy squashy if ya know what I mean lol. 😂 Still they were both $35CAD can't complain. Smiley Happy

Sisters movie amy poehler tina fey story GIF

What a fun haul!   I am also super excited about the scrubees - yay! I love those dresses, too!   @RoseCharlie

@RoseCharlie that's the best news ever!! I only have 2 scrubees left and am in loooooooove with them!!

Omg, I'm loving the dresses! I can't wait until you share photos of you in them! 

Great pics, I love your clothing style...and I spy a sneaky Rouge renewal...😉

@HaleyhaleThank you so much! Smiley Happy  Oh wow that is so nice of you I always worry that maybe i have no style so that is a compliment I truly appreciate.  I'm so psyched to be set until 2018 and I quite like that Rouge brush gift it's a good brush! O-M-G! Your puppy is the cuuuuutest what kind of dog is he and does are those blue eyes??? Tawe that pic of you two is so adorable and you both look great! Sorry for all the burning questions... Oh btw - since I see you are a proud fur mama as well I'm loading this here - it's one of the new doggie bed I bought for Amazon earlier this month (I washed my old ones and they all lost most of their stuffing so I gave up and bought new ones).  Heehee.

Spoiler
photo 1.jpg

Thank you! I told him you said he's cute and he spun around all happy, haha. That bed is amazing, the pet selection on Amazon is so good, your pup looks completely blissful in the new bed 

@HaleyhaleAwwwwwwwwww the excited spins!!!!! 🐶🐶🐶 Sooooo cuuute! T'aaawwwe! : ) Yeah this little doggie house was only $35CAD and my nearest pet shop wanted $70 just for a teensy tiny flag puppy pad meant for a 10 pound dog! Heehee he loves going into his little "house" now but this was taken on the first day it came when we had to coax him into it and so in this picture I was feeding him treats so that he would hold still for the picture and he's opening his mouth waiting for the next one lol.

Those dresses are cute!!! Always love Lush, glad the scrubee will come back!! Great haul @RoseCharlie

Thanks so much @imlostagain Smiley Happy YAY! I'm so happy about the scrubbees too - I'm going through them super fast I have to slow down because the girl said it will be at least a few months before they can do all their mass ethical sourcing contract stuff in a way that allows them to provide it on an ongoing basis... Amazon is pretty great for these kinds of cheap dresses because with Prime there is free two-day shippping no import duties and free returns/exchanges...  : ) These were both pretty cheap around $35CAD or $26USD.  The material and finishing isn't the greatest quality but I'm still very pleased with them for the price the construction and look is nice.  I've always loved the "willow pattern" from the plates (I have a plate set like this) and I always wanted a dress in that kind of pattern or in a floral pattern using this colour scheme but it's hard to search for because i don't know what the pattern would be called and "blue and white dress" is not specific enough so just to put this out there if anyone sees anything with the colours please share! 💕

willowmania.jpeg

Blue is my favorite color!! I can show this to my husband and he probably will have any idea what pattern these are @RoseCharlie

Ooooh AWESOME @imlostagain! Smiley HappyThat would be so cool! I think they are so so pretty and the blue on white contrast is very striking! 💕

What a beautiful haul! I am a hardcore Lushie too so I'm super happy to hear the bee scrubbies are here to stay 🙂 

@m26430Thanks so much! 😊 Yes the scrubees! Such a useful product because it's 2 in 1 - exfoliate and moisturize and it's much faster than putting on cream and rubbing it in everywhere so I was a big fan of their scrub bars but while they had a pleasant scent it wasn't wowing me... This Scrubee smells DEE-liscious!!! I've always loved the soft coeur massage bar and this is a really great way to smell like that chocolate honey goooodnessss.  I don't know if you saw this but they are discontinuing some of the items from their collection including dreamwash, turkish delight, beautiful shower gel and a few other things - they are listed on the website right now under "last chance" so if there's anything you really love it might be the last chance to snag a few! 😢😢😢

Second Colourpop order came in. I am loving these shades!

FullSizeRender (10).jpg

IMG_1013.JPG

@m26430ooooh beautiful looovely colours! : ) I keep meaning to do an order from colour pop and I would love to hear what you think of the shadows!

@RoseCharlie I have been impressed so far. However there are a few notes. 

• The shadows apply easily to the eyelid and blend well.
  • Long-lasting, no creasing, no chunky build-up. 
  • Also works well with powder shadows.
  • While they apply easily to the eyelid using a finger, I have yet to find a brush that works well for application. This isn't a big deal to me as these shadows are meant to be applied with the finger. The darker shadows do work well with a short shading brush as eyeliner though. 
  • I find some of the shades aren't as pigmented on the eye as they are in swatches. Which to me is actually a good thing since I bought these shadows with the intention of using them as quick one-shadow looks. So for me, it works out that the shadows aren't superbly pigmented because I like having that wash of color for an everyday, easy, and fast look. 
  • The majority of the reviews online seem to give the satin and matte shadows a hard time but I really like them! They are just as great as the metallics. 

@m26430Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a well thought out review of the eye shadows - this is really really useful stuff and I really really appreciate these insights! Re: pigment that is also really useful to know when choosing colours because you're totally right there are some colours that you might want a little softer and some that you might want brighter but for the more "dramatic" colours the lightness and buildability (dunno if that's a word) is probably a good thing! : )

testing