Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

MARVELLOUS MAY HAULS!

Hope it's okay we continue the fun and haulin'

here for May!

It is Also Mother's day soon and my birthday month so I am excited to share what I will haul this month and would love to see yours as well! 

Screenshot_20170501-071832.jpg

Spoiler
Couple of My first hauls of the month (Mars Holo and MJ Whirlpool)

Screenshot_20170507-015128.jpg

Re: MARVELLOUS MAY HAULS!

So...I've been seeing this brand Colourpop all over YouTube and this forum, so I decided to give it a try.  And maybe it's the certain ones I bought, but I'm not impressed. The colors looked different on the computer, and when they arrived, I tried them, and I looked like I had jaundice.  Probably not a good color for me.

IMG_0507[5536].JPG

I always wanted to try ColourPop after reading everyone raving about the brand. Tried witntheir liquid lipsticks and I have to say I'm thoroughly disappointed. The colours are stunning and they will ear so smoothly but then keep transferring everywhere including my face. These are just a bit too messy for me.

I got a bunch of their eyeshadows and highlighters sent by a lovely BTer but I haven't come around to actually wear them yet. Hopefully they work better than the li

sticks.

@meecheroo  I know what you mean. I much prefer their cream eyeshadows! if you decide to give them another shot I would try those 🙂

@meecheroo  So sorry these didn't work for you! 😞

Believe it or not, I've never tried Colourpop, either, but those colors in the bottom palette are totally up my alley.  Also, that card is everything!  🙂

Anonymous Insider

@meecheroo Which blush/highlight palette did you get? I've heard such good things too - so I bought 20 shades while they were on sale for 3.33 each. I have been debating on getting on of the blush/highlighter palettes but $16 seems a little steep for the brand....

Here's what I ordered:

The Knockout (face)

Hi-Maintenance (eyes)

Belle of the Ball (eyes)

Locked and Loaded

Anonymous Insider

Let me know how you feel about The Knockout - thats on my list...let me know if its worth it!! @meecheroo Your such a great help!! XO

It's the worst one that I think I ordered from the four.  The color might be more suitable for someone else so you might like it, but it was too orange for me. It looked fine on the website, but in person, it made me look like I had a skin disease.

I'm so sad you had a bad experience with Colourpop.  I love the brand but totally agree that their swatches are usually off  (if they even have a swatch on the site).  It's one of those brands that you have to check Temptalia and IG for swatches before ordering and IDK if most people want to put in that kind of effort. I've tried a few of the regular powder shadows and like them but I might be in the minority.  

I have similar sentiments. I tried them, and it wasn't my jam. The lip formulas and colors weren't my favorite, and the highlighter was too extra for my tastes. I did get some eyeshadow singles that I liked, but, I'm not much of a powder shadow gal (so they have gone largely unused).

Yeah Colourpop can be very hit or miss, but one of my favorite highlighters comes from them - the Super Shock Cheek in Lunch Money (the other colors are all glittery and not so great)! Btw, is that the new Super Shock Cheek Palette in Here Comes The Sun? I honestly can't tell since their photos are always so off haha, but if it is let me know how the formula is! I've been considering it, but haven't seen reviews anywhere yet! 🙂

I can honestly say I wouldn't recommend any of the products I've shown in the picture lol This might be the worst purchase I've made in makeup thus far.

I like colourpop but that is my number one gripe with the brand.  Everything looks so different in person its hard to choose what you really want.  I honestly feel like their formulas change slightly so each shade is under the same name but the actual colour changes slightly each time.  Especially the ultra satin lips they are always so much darker than their images and other swatches I have seen.  I am definitely sticking with super shock shadows and that is it, I really love those shadows.  I feel like the quality overall is really good considering the price so I don't complain but I have yet to try their new powder products. That blush/bronzer palette you got looks very orange for some reason so that's too bad.  Temptalia seems to have the most accurate swatches so I usually wait for her to post before buying anything.

If you ever give the brand another chance I recommend the super shock shadows and ultra satin lips.  I feel like those are their stand out products and the ones most worth the money, they remind me of items I would pick up at Sephora for a much larger price tag.  

Sorry to hear about your experience with the brand being less than stellar! I hear you there.

Unfortunately Colourpop is notorious for the shades being much darker than what it is IRL. I understand that part of it has to do with monitor settings, but it's a struggle when you buy stuff from online only brands that don't accept returns.

I have some of their pressed powder and super shock shadows. I like the ones I have, but I would recommend looking up lots of swatches before buying at this point. I think their super shock shadows are much better, but I'm overall pretty meh with the brand. 

Yeah 😞 I noticed that Colourpop's product photos and swatches on their website aren't true to color so I rely heavily on temptalia. 

I haven't been super impressed with their pressed powder formulas...they're just ok.  Their super shock formulas are where its at (IMO)!

Sephora, Macy's 

Blushing Beauty Sephora Favorites set, Laura Mercier Lacquer Up Acrylick Lip Varnish in Risque, Laura Mercier translucent loose setting powder (100 pt perk), Buxom Kristen gloss, UD Jean- Michel Basquiat lipstick in Abstract, Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Shimmering Oil Spray

20170509_152026.jpg

20170509_152224.jpg

Great haul @angel7594 That bottle of Bronze goddess looks so magical!

The Blushing Beauty set looks great and is it bad that I love the bag even though I probably don't need it? 😉 

Ohhhh!  I have that Blushing Beauty set - it's a great one! Also, that Bronze Goddess shimmer spray is gorgeous!  @angel7594

SIJCP have the best Sephora Fave sets! I love the Bronze Goddess, smells so good!

testing