Jubilant July Hauls

It's July!!! Time to start a new thread for all the amazing July hauls from you guys! Please post all your hauls, big or small, beauty or non-beauty...can't wait to see them all!!

To start us off - here is a tiny sample haul from Dr. Hauschka Smiley Happy 9dafdde4ca37086693d70b6d7e8162dad035f5063c6e8352d6d12fc6f579d316.jpg

Re: Jubilant July Hauls

(0) Hearts

Thanks! Smiley Happy 

I'm not going to lie, I wasn't all that impressed with Cinderella either...which is too bad cause it is such a pretty colour. I just find Sinful Colors have a super runny consistency and takes a while to dry. But like I said, super nice colour just kind of difficult to put on. 

(0) Hearts

Yep, Cinderella is one of the bad ones. I've found that with Sinful Colors, better to go darker in shade.

Sounds exciting! Congrats on the new job!!! I went through an I need big girl clothes shopping spree last year - so much fun! You'll have to let me know how those books are - I'm always looking for new reading material!

(0) Hearts

Thanks!! Yeah I absolutely loved it, because other than work clothes I did absolutely not need anything new for every day wear -- great excuse for a shopping spree haha!

Will do! Almost halfway through the A Life in Men book and I am really, really enjoying it so far, already recommend it! Smiley Happy 

Well I went shopping yesterday to freestanding Sephora plus Nordstrom's. Got a bunch of stuff and forgot to photograph but did remember to photograph my Jo Malone haul. This is my first buy of Jo Malone. I had gotten a few samples about a month ago and then called a couple weeks ago and had about a dozen more sent. (I promised the Nordstrom's gal that I would be making a big buy this weekend.) Before yesterday's buy, I had been testing out various JM fragrances on each arm and then experimenting with some layering. I didn't have enough time to really try everything in all the different combinations but there were several fragrances that I was immediately taken with. When I visited the Nordstrom's JM counter yesterday morning, I gave the SA my list of fragrances I wanted to buy plus ones I wanted samples of, plus I sprayed myself with a bunch of others I wanted to try. While I was gone shopping around, this SA made me a bunch of samples of not only the colognes but also the lotions. She also gave me some bath oil and a small extra bottle of one of the fragrances I bought. The five fragrances I got in 1 oz size are: Blackberry & Bay, English Pear & Freesia, Vanilla & Anise, Blue Agava & Cacoa and Peony & Blush Suede.

jo-malone-haul-7-5-2014EDIT.jpg

I've never tried Jo Malone before, and now that I'm noticing Sephora doesn't carry it, I know why. Smiley Tongue I need to hit up Nordstrom's now.

I second that emotion.

Nice sample haul.  I am really regretting taking that Jo Malone sample out of my Bergdorf cart in favor of the Orlane sample, because I have yet to sample her scents.

Yeah I was super impressed with the samples she gave me. I think it helped that she already knew what I was buying so knew I wasn't fooling around. Now I'm on her list for future product samples and offers. She said there's a new fragrance out now that she had at home that she was thinking of making a sample of for me. I don't recall the name of the fragrance but it's not in any stores yet or online. I forgot to follow up with her so I don't know if she'll remember. I have so many now to play with that it doesn't matter either way Smiley Happy

Is it Tuberose Angelica Cologne Intense, or something else?

(0) Hearts

Gosh, I wish I could remember.

You sure deserve something special, DiVWA, and I'm happy to see that you got it.

What an awesome sales associate you had.

I'd love to smell it all.

I hope this can brighten up your week.

Oh my goodness what a haul!!!

Oh, what a lovely haul! And GREAT customer service! Enjoy all of your new fragrances Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

I forgot to mention that this SA was so into Jo Malone, that she got my husband interested in trying some of the fragrances. He's picky about fragrances but he's intrigued....

Excellent choices! Blackberry & Bay, English Pear & Freesia, and Peony & Blush Suede are three of my favorites in Jo Malone's lines. I don't have Vanilla & Anise or Blue Agava & Cacoa, but I really really love Blue Agava & Cacao whenever I sample it. I hope to pick it up in the future. Smiley Happy

Enjoy your new scents!

Well, I went out of town for a few weeks and came home to these goodies:

IMG_20140706_123424.jpg

June Ipsy, June Glossybox, and a Sephora order! Unboxed:

IMG_20140706_123319.jpg

I know this must sound terribly ungrateful but I'm so tired of getting hair styling products. :-/ I wish subscription services had an option in their profile/beauty quiz thingies where they ask you "What product(s) do you absolutely NOT want to receive, EVER? (select 1-2)" or something of the sort!

I was actually in DC these past few weeks (which included a trip to NY) so these are my beauty hauls from my trip:

IMG_20140706_122755.jpg

Ulta, TJ Maxx, a Julep order, Walmart...oh and the perfumes are all from Zara! AAAH every time I come out to the east coast I hit up every Zara I see b/c I looove how cheap (and nice smelling!) their perfumes are, specially on sale!  Oh and the Bigelow lotion is from the NY hotel. I *love* when hotels have good B&B products! Smiley Tongue

(0) Hearts

Please come back and review the items from the color of the year kit.  If it was not for my no buy, I would have purchased that on sale.

Sure thing! So far I've only tried the lipstick, and I definitely like it! It's buttery and pigmented and goes on pretty smooth. It's bright though, so it's definitely not an everyday lipstick!

I love coming home to lots of packages! Great haul!

I totally agree on the hair stuff. I HATE getting hair products because I can't use them! Its very aggravating Smiley Sad