Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

JUICY JUNE HAULS!

I did not see a thread for June 2017 hauls so I'm hoping it's okay that I start one!

Since it's my birthday month and I'm saving up for a trip later this summer I am more than happy to live vicariously through the juicy hauls that I know this month will bring!

June Hauls Please

Re: JUICY JUNE HAULS!

Beautiful haul!   I adore Lipstick On!  And your sunglasses are gorgeous! Enjoy! ❤️

@JennVA

Very nice collective haul @JennVA.  I especially love the quote on the teal bad and those glasses!  Looking forward to your next haul!

@JennVA Are those the UD Naked Heat and new NARS eyeshadow palettes in that first pic? How do you like them in comparison to one another? Does one stand out more or do I need both lol

@ashlynaf Yes they are! I've used both once each so I'll have to play with them a bit more to really tell which one I'll reach for more often, but I'm liking them both so far.

They both obviously lean more warm in tone, but I don't find they're too similar. Heat is much more red based while Loaded is more yellow/orange/brown based. I think there are two colors that overlap, but they're lighter browbone colors that I use a lot of anyway. I like the formula of both UD and Nars shadows as well.

Of course this is all coming from someone who owns way too many palettes so take it for what it is!

@JennVA Thank you! I have a soft spot for UD Naked palettes...I know that lately they have been catching some heat (no pun intended) and people are saying they should do away with the whole Naked thing, but the first Naked palette was my first makeup obsession.  I bought the Heat palette and really love it so far, but I've also been thinking about the NARS palette. I really like NARS shadows, and this one looks like something I could get a lot of use out of.  I think I may make the purchase! Thanks again for the response 🙂

Great haul @JennVA! Do you just buy an extra suitcase when you are here to bring things you buy back or do you pack light? I always wonder about packing strategy when shopping overseas lol. Especially when people visit Korea and come back with TONS of goodies! I need to plan a trip soon 😄

@Mcakes Last time I was in Paris I went overboard at City Pharmacy and had to buy a new roller duffel bag so I could have room for my new goodies 😄 I think we ended up paying like 25 Euros for it but with all the money I saved on the stuff I bought I was still way ahead. And it was pretty roomy. I think if you have the room you can also pack a smaller suitcase and place it in a larger one and then you have all the room you need 🙂 Especially if you're going to Korea, you're gonna need it haha!

I usually pack a big duffle back inside my first suitcase too. Duffles work really well because they're light, just as long as you don't put super fragile things in them.

@Mcakes Yes, I try to pack super light. I've been doing it for years now, and so it's all about planning ahead. I usually bring one suitcase here with only escentuals and then 3 full suitcases back. It's cheaper to pay for an extra suitcase than to send everything through the mail. Where I live overseas I can't get any cosmetics/skincare/new clothing at all. Plus, I always end up with friends and family wanting me to bring things back from the US for them.

I also remove any extra boxes/ packaging and organize everything in ziplocks and use clothing as padding. You wouldn't believe how much space/weight that saves!

mmm looks like you like nude lipsticks 😉 I love the palettes you picked out so pretty. Isn't the Origins Checks and Balances the best face wash? 

@wwTraveler Yes, this time it was all about nudes! When I'm buying online, I like to get shades I know I'll use. I like a good bright shade too! I LOVE Checks and Balances. I think it's my third full size.

Ulta haul.  Nyx is the new Liquid Suede Metallic Cream Lipstick.  The brushes were 30% off, I used my 20% coupon plus 2k points for a total with tax of $19.35.  

FullSizeRender(11).jpg

Great haul @shimmerbait!  Have you tried any of the other IT brush collections sold at Ulta?  I'm curious to now ho the Velvet Luxe compares to the line with the silver handles.

@ElleElleG  I've only used the silver handles, which I like very much.  I've been wanting to try the Luxe, they have such great reviews.  I'm hoping I'm as pleased with these as I am with what I already own.

I wore one of the Nyx liquids today (bottom gold), I loved how it felt on my lips, dried very nicely, not sticky at all, but there is minimal staying-power. 

Please keep me posted on your thoughts about the brushes @shimmerbait!

Are the NYX metallics a new(er) release?  I have one of the mattes but can't recall seeing other formulas back when I purchased it.

@ElleElleG  sure thing!

Yes the NYX metallics are new, they were up for a one day release on Ulta (platinum perk?) and website says will be available online 7/6, in store 7/30.  not sure when they will be available on the NYX website.

@shimmerbait Ohhh I might have missed that.  We have a NYX store locally so I may check there if I have time.

I love IT Cosmetic brushes. It makes my face so happy when I use it. I do wish their eye brushes were smaller though.

This is terribly boring, but my skin just got happy.

My toner (on subscription) was waiting for me when I came home. Oh, HG toner (Avene), I've missed you!

It's been a weird month for me. I've been on a low buy which went better than planned. I even cancelled all my sub boxes except for play and ipsy (might even waste my Sephora coupon, I just don't want anything!)

BUT - I broke at Ulta today. Scooped up alllll the Basquiat stuff, which I never even initially considered. The Ruby Rose controversy SUPERLY turned me off (when she came to my city, she was a jerk to our servers, and since I work in the service industry here, it became a personal attack. Mess with one of us, mess with all of us. I digress, whoa lol.) But anyway, I read up more on Basquiat's life and decided that I do think he would support this collab. And I'm 100% hanging these, don't even care if that's weird lol. 

rps20170627_231018.jpg

Very nice @Alicehoopz I love that they used his art on the packaging, too bad this was a LE collection.

Enjoy!

6 Replies
testing