Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

JUICY JUNE HAULS!

I did not see a thread for June 2017 hauls so I'm hoping it's okay that I start one!

Since it's my birthday month and I'm saving up for a trip later this summer I am more than happy to live vicariously through the juicy hauls that I know this month will bring!

June Hauls Please

Re: JUICY JUNE HAULS!

@Alicehoopz Aww, gal. Oceanic is one of our faves. Some eBay sellers do have Oceanic for sale, but of course, they're charging $11.50 (free shipping, though). As for staying power.. right?!? Extraordinary or what!?! No polish has impressed me more as far as lasting power.

I've been really excited for some that have gotten cancelled, too. If I see some Oceanic come back in stock, I'll place an order, and see if we can nab one for you. I just had 11 more polishes that I've ordered cancel yesterday (I placed two big orders when many shades were restocked the other day).😶 I'm real curious if they'll replace Formula X...

@ClassicallyFab that is so sweet of you! thank you lovely!

right I just can't believe that such a good polish could go away. it just doesn't make sense!

Omni is in stock, @Alicehoopz. It's close to Oceanic, not as deep but vivid, too. I just ordered it for you in case you'll like that. Let's see if it ships... 😗

IMG_2683.JPGIMG_2684.JPG

@classicallyfab Ahhh thank you!! You must have been on that since I don't see any colors in stock. Lmk if you get it ❤️

Oceanic is the bottom photo.

I love this pic!   It is so satisfying to see them all organized by color!  🙂   @ClassicallyFab

Come be OCD with me, m'lady... lol! @Tamara76

WOW!  This is awesome and even better because it was literally a steal.  I know who to call on when I need some polish 😉 @ClassicallyFab

😂 Lol! @ElleElleG

@ClassicallyFab Nice haul!

32 orders...I had quite a few cancelled too, thought I really don't remember how many exactly. So frustrating!

Did you get your hand slapped like I did? I was told to stop placing so many orders and to stop requesting so many samples. Ummmmm......really?

Ha! I did get rebuked!! I truly did try to have as many polishes in a single order as possible, but I'd make an order, check back, and find new colors in stock, so I made a lot. The girl asked why I was placing so many small orders, multiple times a day, and was told that orders under $10 may get cancelled. In the end, after an hour and twenty minute conversation on Friday, she came to understand that there was logic to what I was doing, but I AM miffed that I was reprimanded. I spent quite a bit of money. I understand that it costs them to ship multiple orders, but, given that they're supposedly combining orders made in a single day, they really should be simply showing gratitude that we choose to spend our money with them, IMO.  Totally rude of them, and disrespectful. I was hung up on twice before that long call, but despite her hand-slapping, she ended up being really good and thorough. We went through every single order together. @RGbrown

@ClassicallyFab Gonna spoiler this...I got long-winded lol

Spoiler

"I'd make an order, check back, and find new colors in stock, so I made a lot". DITTO. Or I'd try to get more than 2 or 3 in my cart, and they'd go out of stock faster than I could load more up, so I'd go ahead and order one or two at a time and see what else I could grab for another order. Suddenly ALL of my orders started being cancelled, even ones over $10. I hate the phone so I emailed, and it was a long and agonizing email chain...every time you send them a response, you get a new person and have to start all over at the beginning. Sigh. The final response from Sephora boiled down to "no more than 3 orders a day, and stop requesting the same samples over and over". Well, considering only half of my orders actually arrive with samples, and for the other half, only 50% of those have the samples I requested, what the heck does it matter WHAT samples I request...I'm not gonna get 'em anyways. And 3 orders per day? I don't recall seeing a limit on Flash shipping. And like you said, they've advertised they are going to be consolidating orders, so why not do that instead of cancelling?

Even after I had my answer I had orders cancelled, even if I stayed under 3 orders a day. I wasn't given the $10 order figure that you were, but some of the cancelled orders were over $10. (And they weren't cancelled for OOS; there's a different term for it. "Unsuccessful Authorization" several days after a purchase has nothing to do with a CC being declined; I was typically paying with a gift card...it seems to mean more of "we declined to authorize shipment of this order"). It was a frustrating experience, and coupled with many other small but frustrating experiences lately, I'm just annoyed with Sephora all around.  

I did still manage to amass a similarly large stash of Formula X though, and I can never be annoyed with $2 polishes lol 😄

Lol. I had the same "unsuccessful authorization" thing. As for samples, many of my choices were substituted, some were missing, and, one time, I even received the packaging for a sample and the product was missing. It just appeared to be carelessness. Quite a few of those orders were over $10 that got cancelled. I presume it had a lot to do with stock issues. Still, we are spending our money with them and that's what needs to be respected. Quite a lot of money goes into your Rouge status. I actually just started placing orders with Sephora recently, and have quickly turned VIB (I used to always buy direct from companies, and didn't realize the perks I was missing). Sephora did end up giving me 250 points for my trouble. You deserve some, too. @RGbrown

I got a measly 100 points for missing samples when I mentioned that in my complaint. 😕

I have re-rouged this year somehow in spite of my annoyance (I had to order my Rouge gift twice because the first order was unsuccessfully authorized, sigh), but I definitely do the bulk of my shopping at Ulta...I hate the $50 min for free shipping, but they never jerk me around, my packages always ship the next day (ahem, Sephora took 14 days to ship one of my orders, and most sit for at least 4 or 5 days before going out), I have almost never had anything cancelled because it went OOS, any contact with CS has been awesome and painless (and you get the same person every time if you you have to respond back and forth in an email chain), they have better sales, and their GWP's and rewards program are simply extraordinary. They seem to offer drugstore brands with Nordstrom-caliber service. I'm still checking out Sephora's sale stuff from time to time, but I'm just not excited about giving them much money anymore. 😞

@ClassicallyFab

@RGbrown The sales at Ulta have been awesome, their shipping is top notch, they're more local to me, and then they just keep sending these 20% off coupons, plus the coupons for deluxe samples with any purchase... I keep taking the bait, haha. Yeah, Sephora needs to amp things up, for sure. Some of my orders took forever to ship, and I'm actually still waiting for 4.

Agreed on all counts. Ulta has my heart, for sure! @ClassicallyFab

@RGbrown Loads of Formula X in stock, right now (7:30EST)

@ClassicallyFab thanks so much! Looks like I missed anything I might have wanted though...I was busy painting my nails. Oh the irony

😂

Lol!! That's too much! I bought a ton, 37 colors in two hurried orders, just because I expect Sephora to cancel these. Eager to see what happens. If they actually send them all, I'll be on overload...*facepalm*. @RGbrown 

@ClassicallyFab 37 more? Hot dayum! I've got my fingers crossed for you 

😁

IMG_0237.JPG

The spoils of my June rampage continue to arrive. This is a very indie very skincare haul. 

-From Mother Mountain Herbals, a lavender and coconut milk mask. I can't wait to try this. 

-The two pastel balms are from the Decant Index - they are both a bit stiff, but once warmed they spread well. I used the green one all weekend. Good travel companions, no chance of leaking. 

-Bellaroma is based in one of my favorite places in Michigan, so I had to try something from them. This is a honey + milk healing mask, with a little sample of their vanilla bean marshmallow root scrub. 

-Evolve Beauty Gentle Cleansing Melt, with samples of hyaluronic serum, radiant glow, and an orange-smelling face wash. 

-NIOD SDSM2. I was hoping to get one of the bonus bottles of the old formulation so I could compare, but alas. 

1 Reply
testing