Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

JUICY JUNE HAULS!

I did not see a thread for June 2017 hauls so I'm hoping it's okay that I start one!

Since it's my birthday month and I'm saving up for a trip later this summer I am more than happy to live vicariously through the juicy hauls that I know this month will bring!

June Hauls Please

Re: JUICY JUNE HAULS!

I bought the face palette as well and am loving it!

How did I not hear about that incident? I would have been turned off, too.

Yay!   Congrats on HoF Status!   @xcicee 

I love your Lush Haul! ❤️

Nice haul @xcicee !  The LE Champagne Pop is gorgeous and that TF lipstick is beautiful.

Congrats on becoming a Hall of Famer!!!

Thank you both @ElleElleG and @jen81!! I'm very happy with my play box this month and I have been using the TF lipstick every day this week! It doesn't emphasize any chapped lips and lasts so long. I've added Pink Dusk back to my loves list 😄 

Congrats Hall of Famer! I go to the same play box. 

Love the Lush!!! Nice haul! Congrats on making Hall of Famer 🎉 @xcicee 🎉

@PaletteAddict99 Thanks so much!!! It was way quicker than I thought, due to me shopping too much 😛 

IMG_7545.JPG

My favorite haul in a long time because I really needed a new laptop.

Nice haul! New tech is always exciting!

How exciting @purly !  Did you get the one with the touch bar or the traditional pro?  (My baby is reaching the 6 year mark so I'm hoping to upgrade soon).

Yeah mine was ridiculously old too. I stopped running osx on my old one two years ago and have been running linux because osx was too slow. My laptop isn't my primary machine, so it was not that big of a deal to throw linux on it for use at conferences and what not.

I got the 13" Pro with the touch bar, and I fully upgraded the processor, memory, and hard drive so that it will last me a little while. I had my reservations about the touch bar because of the lack of support in other operating systems, but it seems that there is a linux driver out there that turns it into the basic F keys now.

I went with space grey and I'm still a little peeved that the only rose gold macbook is the cheapo low end one with a keyboard that's just a tad too small for my hands. I feel like Apple is gun shy on offering other finishes for some unknown reason. If I'm custom ordering anyway, why not let me pick rose gold? I guess I'll get a cover or something.

@purly I recently got one of the newer MacBooks. I had an older model MacBook Pro for years and spilled coffee all over the keyboard! I chose to go with the "cheapo" version because I wanted the Rose Gold... And frankly it's perfectly fine because I don't need a ton of computing power anyway. I've noticed zero difference between my older one and the new one, so the "downgrade" isn't a big deal. I actually feel like the keys are slightly bigger in size, but with the butterfly keys have taken me a bit to get used to. The singular port is kind of a pain in the butt as well, I needed to buy an adaptor. But it wouldn't be Apple without a few "in the interest of saving physical space" changes that force you to buy accessories haha! I fully accept this is a money making ploy and, no, I don't care. Take my money, Apple. I'm a fan girl, I 100% admit it. 

After you use the touch bar for a bit will you report back? It seemed very interesting to me, I just didn't personally see how it would increase functionality all that much and feels a little gimmicky. But I'd like to know how it actually preforms in real life applications. 

Found some items that I had always wanted to try at Marshall's this month!  Thank you to everyone who had kindly posted about sightings on the Deals thread.

Purchased:

1.  Too Faced Melted Melon.

2.  (L) Bite Beauty Buttercream Lipstick in Rosewood.

3.  (R) Bite Beauty Buttercream Lipstick in Marzipan.

My ramblings thoughts in the spoiler cut below:

Spoiler
TF Melon:  I have been craving orange lip colors for the summer, and surprising, I don't have too many in collection.  Entirely justified purchase, no?  😉

Bite Buttercreams:  Admittedly, I was not on the Bite train as fully as I am now back when these were initially released.  Back then, I thought these would be a slippery, migrating mess.  I stand corrected now -- yes, they are soft (they were sweating like crazy even in store), but with a bit more care during application, they did set and didn't transfer as much as I expected.  

Marshalls June 2017.jpg

Beautiful!   Rosewood is one of my all time favorites! ❤️   @MlleCC

Nice finds @MlleCC!

Formula X- I made a gajillion orders because they were going in and out of stock so quickly. 32 of my orders got cancelled, one order arrived with 3 samples and no nail polish, a few orders simply never arrived despite them being marked as shipped, and I had to spend close to 2 hours on the phone with customer service to correct everything. All in all, I'm still super happy because this formula is the only one that has ever actually stayed on for me. These are the colors I ended up with (I won't clog the thread with close-ups):

khgh.JPG

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that went crazy on Formula X polishes! 🙂 I've been slightly ashamed to post my haul but after seeing yours I'm encouraged to...hehe

I tried to scoop up some several times. I had one order cancelled and the rest showed out of stock before I could ship out.  This is an awesome haul!

@ClassicallyFab i have never considered myself a nail polish person, but I picked up a couple of the formula x polishes when they were $5. THEN IT BEGAN. you're so right that this polish actually lasts, and since I'm a chronic handwasher, that is highly impressive!

I've tried to scoop a few more but I don't check Sephora very much and have only managed to get a few (and a lot of cancellations, darn I was sad when my Oceanic was cancelled - I made an entire order around that polish!) Really wish they wouldn't discontinue this line!!

2 Replies
testing