Ipsy June 2014

notcreative

Ipsy June 2014

[ Edited ]

I love the sneak peeks, so I wanted to start the new thread for this month.  Even though I love trying new things I otherwise would never buy, I like having an idea of what is coming.

Looks like the bag does have the lei/flower theme in support of the luau.

Spoiler 1 (Lips)

NYX Butter Lip Gloss

IpsyJune20141.png 

*No other items are in the picture, so it looks like everyone will be receiving one.

Spoiler 2 (Eyeliner)

Jesse's Girl Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

NickaK Shimmer Eyeliner (both in the middle are this brand)

Ofra Cosmetics Eyeliner

IpsySoilerJune20142.png

*It looks like everyone will receive one of these three options.

Spoiler 3 (Face)

OleHenriksen The Clean Truth Cleansing Cloths

Be a Bombshell Lash Out Mascara

Laneige Complexion Correction BB Cushion

ClariSEA Sea Salt Solutions Face Rapid Detox Charcoal Exfoliant

MDSolarSciences Mineral Tinted Cream SPF30

Ofra Cosmetics Universal Brow Pencil

Skinn Olive & Enzyme Rich Cleanser and Resurfacing Mask 

Essence of Beauty Wind Kissed Fine Fragrance Body Mist

DERMADoctor DD Cream

Realtree Perfume

IpsyJuneSpoiler20143.png

*It looks like everyone will get two of these ten samples.

Spoiler 4 (Hair)

Dove Pure Care Dry Oil

Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray

Carol's Daughter Sacred Tiare Anti Breakage and Anti frizz Styling Cream

IpsySpoilerJune20144.jpg

*It looks like everyone will get one of these three options.

Spoiler 5 (the bag)

IpsySneakpeek5June4014.jpg

bellarob

Re: Ipsy June 2014

(0) Hearts

Hi ladies do you have to like Ipsy on FB to get off the wait list?

notcreative

You do not have to, but if you make a little post to Facebook, you move off the wait list faster.  I like Ipsy on Facebook, because I like to see the updates.  They will tell you about sneak peeks, contests, promotions, the IpsyMe offered every Tuesday, etc.  It is a good idea to like it, so you can stay in the loop.

bellarob

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

This got me so curious I went to the website and want to order:smileyhappy:

notcreative

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

If you order now, you will likely go on a wait list and will not get a box until July or August depending on how long it takes you to get off.  I was able to get off the wait list faster by posting a blurb to Facebook (they will provide the link).  Last month was my least impressive bag, and I would have easily paid more than $10 for it.  Therefore, I would recommend Ipsy even if you miss out on this particular bag.  The next one is always just around the corner.  Ipsy tends to send more low end makeup (but good value) for $10 with an occasional Sephora brand like Urban Decay, Too Faced, etc.  

Birchbox tends to send more mid end skincare for $10 with some nice established brands, up and coming ones and indie brands.  Last month, I liked my Birchbox better, but I usually like my Ipsy better.  I would suggest perusing the Subscription Box Photo Sharing Thread before deciding, because at this point it is too late to get the June Ipsy box anyway.  This thread will give you an idea of which box you want.  Of course, you can always Google mysubscriptionaddiction too.  She is the authority on boxes.  

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/m-p/973905#M6431

imbeautiful

(0) Hearts

I am not really sure what to think of this lol It's super cute but I've only tried a couple items from this brand. Now if I get a jumbo eyeliner in Milk I'll be happy :smileywink:

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I am relatively new to NYX myself.  Although, I haven't purchased anything from the brand (yet), I have received no less than 10 items thus far from boxes and GWP (mostly from Ulta).  The brand is decent quality compared to the price with the exception of one eye shadow I am not fond of.

I have heard great things about the milk jumbo pencil and almost bought it twice.  The only thing that held me back is the sheer number of products I already own.  Plus, I always talk myself out of drugstore brands (except for one Wet N Wild Palette my son insisted I buy, which I hope to actually use some day).  That changes today, because I am picking up some Sinful Colors at Walgreens and will pick up some Milani at CVS (eventually).  Then, I saw that recent thread about tugging on the eyes and how it may cause wrinkles.  It may or may not be true, but I already have more wrinkles than the average person my age.  Now, I am really afraid to try it, because on the off chance it is true, I do not need any more wrinkles.  Even if it is untrue, I will have a hard time unhinging that bell.

heatherbee

(0) Hearts

Woohoo!  I've never tried these :smileyhappy:

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I am always excited to try new lippies.  At only $5 each too, this would be an easy purchase if I love them and need more.

bellarob

(0) Hearts

Adorable so cute for summer! Looks like a luau :smileyhappy:

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I agree.  I see a bag made of leis or grass skirts.  At the very least, it will be related to the beach.

PrettyLittleDr

(0) Hearts

eeeee I wonder what colors these are! I LOVE these!

notcreative

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

My guess is Peaches and Cream, Merengue, and Apple Strudel, but knowing Ipsy, they will probably be giving out all of the colors.  The last sneak peeks showed a beautiful blue/green polish.  My Glam Room showed it as pink.  When it arrived, it was red.  Now, I honestly can work with any of those, but I would have loved that blue/green from the sneak peek.  Blue/green and everything in between the two fascinates my polish love right now.

dolceloure

(0) Hearts

I was really excited to see this b/c I really like NYX and I've been meaning to try their lippies!

Judging by the theme of this month's box, the first brand that come to mind is Pacifica. Also like that brand, but Ipy has sent me their lotions twice now...so kind of hoping that I'm wrong (or that they branch out from the lotions!)

notcreative

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I am always down to receive Pacifica lotion, so it would make me happy.  Though, I have not received any Pacifica lotion in my boxes yet, I was a fan of the lotion pre Ipsy.  When they had the blood orange kit through Ipsy Me, I scooped one up.  That is an awesome scent.  I like that it had a decent lip balm and perfume in it too.

I also bought quite a bit when Ulta had their recent sales, so I am pretty stocked.  My son did steal some of my blood orange though, so I can always use more of that scent.

Hopefully, I get the lotion and you do not if they have it this time.  Considering you've received it twice, I think they have to slow down at some point, right?

TheSupergirl mentioned that Zoya was nice polish, and I know that is a big Ipsy brand.  I would love to receive one of those sometime soon, but I doubt it fits the theme.  I have received polish in 2 of my last 3 bags (which I love), but I have a feeling it will skip me next time even if there is one.  Although, they say they look at the surveys and I rate the polishes highly (even though I have yet to use either of them).

Jessiica15

(0) Hearts

I love nyx butter glosses. I hope i get the middle color!!

notcreative

The middle color is the one I'd want too.

MK89

I want the one on the far left! :smileywink:

malday

Same! Not sure I could pull off the other two.

notcreative

Um, I think you could pull off any lip color personally.  There is not a person on this entire board who rocks lippies the way you do.  You're the top one in my opinion, malday.

malday

(0) Hearts

Aw thank you so much! I have to be really careful with really light and cool-toned shades though since I have a very warm toned complexion.

notcreative

Warm shades do not look good on me, so I understand.  That said, I still find a lot of duds.  You are great at selecting (great taste).  I love everything you post and am in love with your lippie stash.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 149 replies
  • 100 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • malday
    • taketheroses
    • Mystiques
    • dolceloure
    • divagirl90
    • StyleLynn