Ipsy June 2014

notcreative

Ipsy June 2014

[ Edited ]

I love the sneak peeks, so I wanted to start the new thread for this month.  Even though I love trying new things I otherwise would never buy, I like having an idea of what is coming.

Looks like the bag does have the lei/flower theme in support of the luau.

Spoiler 1 (Lips)

NYX Butter Lip Gloss

IpsyJune20141.png 

*No other items are in the picture, so it looks like everyone will be receiving one.

Spoiler 2 (Eyeliner)

Jesse's Girl Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

NickaK Shimmer Eyeliner (both in the middle are this brand)

Ofra Cosmetics Eyeliner

IpsySoilerJune20142.png

*It looks like everyone will receive one of these three options.

Spoiler 3 (Face)

OleHenriksen The Clean Truth Cleansing Cloths

Be a Bombshell Lash Out Mascara

Laneige Complexion Correction BB Cushion

ClariSEA Sea Salt Solutions Face Rapid Detox Charcoal Exfoliant

MDSolarSciences Mineral Tinted Cream SPF30

Ofra Cosmetics Universal Brow Pencil

Skinn Olive & Enzyme Rich Cleanser and Resurfacing Mask 

Essence of Beauty Wind Kissed Fine Fragrance Body Mist

DERMADoctor DD Cream

Realtree Perfume

IpsyJuneSpoiler20143.png

*It looks like everyone will get two of these ten samples.

Spoiler 4 (Hair)

Dove Pure Care Dry Oil

Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray

Carol's Daughter Sacred Tiare Anti Breakage and Anti frizz Styling Cream

IpsySpoilerJune20144.jpg

*It looks like everyone will get one of these three options.

Spoiler 5 (the bag)

IpsySneakpeek5June4014.jpg

notcreative

Re: Ipsy June 2014

(0) Hearts

@dolceloure

I just tried the wipes for the first time last night, and I am in love.  Now, I am going to be bummed while I work through my stockpile of cheapies.  When I come off my no buy and work through my stash, I will likely start buying these.

notcreative

If they're that good, I am almost hoping I do not get them now.  I do not want to feel the need to buy expensive wipes.  At the same time, I still really want to try them.  That mineral cream is a sample I got from Sephora that I have yet to try.  It could be nice.

meagboho

Notcreative I was thinking that too! I thought I recognized from the sample, which I also havent tried.

notcreative

At least we can have a little more if we get it in our box assuming we finally try and like the sample.  The cool thing about having a foil is I do not have to waste the entire deluxe sample to find out I do not like it.  If I hate the foil, into a TSB the deluxe sample would go.  I would probably not put a sample in a TSB once it is opened (unless it is a makeup sample that can be sanitized).  The one exception would be if I dated it (as they start going bad once they're opened) and someone else really wanted to try it.  Otherwise, I just toss them or give them to my sister or Step MIL.

notcreative

Of everything in spoiler three, the OleHenriksen is definitely the item I want the most.  I have been on a quest for wipes as of late, although I want to find one that is nice and cheap to repurchase.  My first bag was the best, because I got every item I wanted.  Since then, I always get a couple I am not excited about.  The good news for me at least is the items I am excited about make up for the disappointment.  It is too bad that you only want one. Hopefully, you get it.

malday

Is it just me or is this bag basically following the same formula as the last bag?

makeup thing

eyeliner

skincare

hair stuff?

Really not looking forward to anymore skin or hair care. The last two deep conditioners I received did absolutely nothing for my hair, and I always give the skincare away.

emmy89

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I'm new to Ipsy, it's going to be my second month. But I prefer receiving makeup stuff.

Most brands they offer for skin care and hair stuff are brands I wouldn't want to buy or try.When it comes to make up I'm more open to try even if they are cheaper brands specially lippies, eyeliners, eye shadows, blushes, bronzers, concealers and other items that don't cover my whole face, I'm always excited to try new products. When it come to primers, foundations, powders and facial sunscreens, serums, etc I am a bit more picky because I have bad seasonal allergies that cause me to have bad reactions to most of those products.
Still I'm excited to receive this month's bag, maybe I'll get a nice surprise!

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I have sensitive skin too and cheaper products due tend to cause more rashes.  If they ever sent me a great one though, I would love to buy it and save some money.  It is just with the stockpile of samples that I have, I am not passing up an expensive one to try a cheap one.  It just seems like a waste.  Ironically, I am always a little nervous to use super expensive samples in fear that I will love them and feel the need to buy them.  That $350 eye serum that came in the recent Glossybox is pretty awesome.  Not awesome enough for me to buy it at this point, but I wish I could.

dolceloure

(0) Hearts

I'm a bit sick of getting hair care stuff b/c I don't go through those samples very quickly, and I don't use any of the styling products. (That said, I finally used a NuMe hair mask from my February Ipsy and I'm in love with it, lol.) What I do like about Ipsy though is that there's always at least some makeup every month. I've gotten several months from Birchbox with nothing but hair+skin care products.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I very rarely get Makeup in my Birchbox, so I expect more skincare things.  That said, I did get a fantastic lipstick last month in a color I never would have bought.  It was awesome.

notcreative

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I definitely enjoyed the bags more when they contained more makeup.  When it comes to skincare, I have way too much already plus Birchbox almost always gives higher valued brands for the same $10 price tag.  

My hair is a mess, so I am always down to try hair products.  Wen has helped my hair more than anything I have ever tried, but even that is not perfect.  Carol's Daughter excites me, so I am hoping for that.  Any of the hair products would be all right though.

I am not a huge eyeliner fan, so I can always pass on that.  As long as I do not get the black one, I will be happy.

I am always excited to try lippies, so that is the item I am most looking forward to.

StyleLynn

On Ipsy's Facebook page they said everyone would be getting 2 items from spoiler number 3 :smileyhappy:

dolceloure

(0) Hearts

So 20% chance of getting the Ole Henriksen! I'll take those odds. :smileytongue:

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Nice.  That probably means all of the spoilers are up for this month then, because I doubt we will get more than five products.

notcreative

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Spoiler three looks awesome.  I would like anything but the mascara.  Of course, I am unsure what is in the pink tube at this point.

Spoiler four looks pretty cool too.  I am in love with Carol's Daughter already, so I definitely would not mind getting a product of hers.  The Marc Anthony seems interesting too, and I am always down to try a new hair oil.

StyleLynn

(0) Hearts

I'm hoping for a shimmer liner! Super excited for this months bag.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Shimmer would be awesome, because it is not something I would normally buy.  It looks like Jesse's Girl is the only one that only comes in black, so I would be satisfied with the Ofra in a color too.  

StyleLynn

So far I would be happy with any item from both the first and second sneak peak, super excited to see whats next.

notcreative

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I am not a huge eyeliner fan, but I just hope I do not get black no matter which one they send me (although Jesse's Girl looks like it only comes in black).  The month they sent the black Urban Decay liner, I also got black liner in my Birchbox (Sumita) and black liner in my Sample Society (full sized Butter London).  None of the three have been used yet if that shows you how often I use black liner.  Plus, I already owned the black Butter pencil, so I put the one from my box in a TSB.

bellarob

(0) Hearts

thank you notcreative I will. :smileyhappy: 

notcreative

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

You're welcome.  Let us know if you choose another box, and if you already signed up for Ipsy, I hope you get off the waiting list soon.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 149 replies
  • 100 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • malday
    • taketheroses
    • Mystiques
    • dolceloure
    • divagirl90
    • StyleLynn