notcreative

Ipsy June 2014

[ Edited ]

I love the sneak peeks, so I wanted to start the new thread for this month.  Even though I love trying new things I otherwise would never buy, I like having an idea of what is coming.

Looks like the bag does have the lei/flower theme in support of the luau.

Spoiler 1 (Lips)

NYX Butter Lip Gloss

IpsyJune20141.png 

*No other items are in the picture, so it looks like everyone will be receiving one.

Spoiler 2 (Eyeliner)

Jesse's Girl Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

NickaK Shimmer Eyeliner (both in the middle are this brand)

Ofra Cosmetics Eyeliner

IpsySoilerJune20142.png

*It looks like everyone will receive one of these three options.

Spoiler 3 (Face)

OleHenriksen The Clean Truth Cleansing Cloths

Be a Bombshell Lash Out Mascara

Laneige Complexion Correction BB Cushion

ClariSEA Sea Salt Solutions Face Rapid Detox Charcoal Exfoliant

MDSolarSciences Mineral Tinted Cream SPF30

Ofra Cosmetics Universal Brow Pencil

Skinn Olive & Enzyme Rich Cleanser and Resurfacing Mask 

Essence of Beauty Wind Kissed Fine Fragrance Body Mist

DERMADoctor DD Cream

Realtree Perfume

IpsyJuneSpoiler20143.png

*It looks like everyone will get two of these ten samples.

Spoiler 4 (Hair)

Dove Pure Care Dry Oil

Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray

Carol's Daughter Sacred Tiare Anti Breakage and Anti frizz Styling Cream

IpsySpoilerJune20144.jpg

*It looks like everyone will get one of these three options.

Spoiler 5 (the bag)

IpsySneakpeek5June4014.jpg

dolceloure

Re: Ipsy June 2014

(0) Hearts

Has anyone received/gotten a chance to use the Be a Bombshell mascara yet? I keep reading on Facebook via beauty blogger Zadidoll that people have been complaining about the mascara smelling awful. Bombshell apparently responded saying it smells like that b/c they don't add fragrance to the product...but I was wondering, is the smell off-putting enough to render it useless or possibly irritating to the eyes? 

I have the mascara coming in my box, but I haven't received it yet, so I'm not sure what to expect.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

My bag still has not arrived, but I am getting the mascara.  I have no plans to open it for a very long time.  Hopefully, it is true that it is not fragranced and not actually expired or something.

etscore1

(0) Hearts

Even after all the previews, I was still okay with having cancelled my subscription. But my coworker got her bag today, and even though I probably wouldn't have gotten any of the same stuff, I was really impressed with her items. 

And yes, she got the OH wipes... super jealous. 

Oh well. :smileysad:

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Aren't you claiming those wipes as a referral fee or was that a different friend you can swipe them from?

etscore1

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Same friend... she said I could take one, but I'm never able to use them at work! She never really wears make up though, so as soon as she got the package she used one immediately. 

It's all good... I really should just buy my own anyway. I've been falling asleep on the couch lately and it would just make things so much easier when I'm too lazy to use my normal cleanser. 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I love skin wipes for the same reason.  My dermatologist prefers I only do a full wash once a day (really dry patches of skin), so I also rely on cleansing waters and other products I do not have to wash off.

etscore1

(0) Hearts

I really need to figure out a cleansing routine that actually makes sense for me. 

I bought Philosophy Miracle Worker pads for the evening, which are supposed to be used after cleansing, and I also bought Time in a Bottle for the morning, which is supposed to be used after cleansing. 

But my skin definitely doesn't need cleansing twice a day... Normally if I wash my face at night and moisturize, my face feels great in the morning and I don't need to wash or moisturize again. But I don't know how absorbent my skin is in terms of being able to use Time in a Bottle... so I'm not quite sure how to adjust my routine to be able to get the most out of both of those products. 

I've been eyeing cleansing waters but have never quite understood the value of them... sounds like they could be something to help?

notcreative

(0) Hearts

My face usually feels clean when I wake up in the morning too, especially if I did not wear makeup the day before.  However, I do not like to put makeup on unless my face is clean.  I also shower in the morning, and I prefer to do my full wash in the shower.  That leaves night time for my fake wash I like to call it.  If I wore makeup, I use wipes and/or makeup removers.  If I did not wear makeup, I use cleansing water.  I also like wearing a thicker cream for my dry patches overnight.  For me, everything has a place.

Lately though, I have been trying to use more of my overwhelming foil stash, and my skin is paying for the constant switch.  It is literally peeling.

etscore1

Yikes! That's not good! I know mine can definitely be sensitive to change as well - it's definitely taken some adjusting to the Philosophy products. 

I might have to stop by the Philosophy counter to ask about potential options since both products are supposed to go on a completely clean face and for me, cleansing twice a day tends to just leave my skin slightly more irritated.

CuriousCannibal

This is my first time actually checking my glam room (I prefer to be surprised) and I think i'm happy!

I'm getting:

Nyx Butter Gloss

Dove pure care dry oil nourishing treatment

laneige bb cushion

MD solar sciences mineral tinted creme

Nicka K New York shimmer eyeliner

I would've preferred something other than the MD product (finally realized my skin reacts horribly to most sunscreens), but I always expect to have at least one product that I won't like/use.

taketheroses

I must say I'm really excited for everything in this bag, especially that eyebrow pencil! <3

Screen Shot 2014-06-10 at 6.42.14 PM.png

MK89

(0) Hearts

It's a pretty good brow pencil, it lasted all day for me! Also a good shade

taketheroses

(0) Hearts

I love the pencil, it works beautifully :smileyhappy: The beach spray has to be my favorite item though <3

AlisG

(0) Hearts

I got this bag too!! I'm unsure about the perfume sample... but I'm sure I can use everything else!! :smileyvery-happy:

malday

(0) Hearts

I wanted the eyebrow pencil!!

StyleLynn

image.jpg

I didn't get the items I was really hoping for but it's still a decent bag so I'm not complaining.

emmy89

Getting 2 ipsy bags this month:

ipsy1.jpg

ipsy2.jpg

I can't wait to actually get the products and see how they work though!

malday

ipsy.jpg

No tracking # yet but my room updated :smileyhappy:

notcreative

[ Edited ]

I was going to post mine, but we have the exact same Glam Room.  I am excited about the wipes for sure!  I am a little bummed about the mascara and black eyeliner, but I will survive.

dolceloure

Congrats on getting the OH wipes! Hope you like them (but not enough to become an addict like me, lol. At $15/30 pack, it's hard on the wallet!)

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I am hoping the same thing.  There is no way I am going to pay that much for them, especially anytime soon.  I bought a bunch of cheapies from Target, and I need to use them all.  So far, none of the cheapies are keepers.  I really want a nice one that I can actually afford.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 149 replies
  • 100 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • malday
    • taketheroses
    • Mystiques
    • dolceloure
    • divagirl90
    • StyleLynn