StyleLynn

Ipsy July 2014

[ Edited ]

I received the first sneak peek for Ipsy in my inbox this morning and figured I should share and get the July discussion going :smileyhappy:

Sneak Peek #1

Ipsy1.jpg

Everyone will be receiving 1 of these 2 items from bareMinerals

Sneak Peek #2

image.jpg

Everyone will be receiving 1 of these 2 items

Sneak Peek #3

image.jpg

Everyone will be receiving 2 of these items 

Sneak Peek #4

image.jpg

Everyone will be receiving 1 of these items

notcreative

Re: Ipsy July 2014

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Happy I did not get the tanning oil, but this is now my fourth bottle of Purlisse.  Two from Sample Society and two from Ipsy.  I think someone really wants me to try it.  At least this one has spf.

Screen Shot 2014-07-11 at 9.58.51 PM.png

StyleLynn

Someone wants you and me both to try Pur-lisse! Should we breakdown and try it? Haha

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I just have too many to use a new one before the older ones.  Gotta use them in order so nothing gets too old.  I will probably start sticking some of the extras in TSBs.  I've heard it is actually decent, so I hope to try one before they expire.

dolceloure

[ Edited ]

Untitled.png

:-( Cream shadows irritate my eyes (I'll still give this one a shot) and I'm already naturally tan. I'm looking forward to the Pixi; kind of meh about the hair care and nail polish. This bag is definitely disappointing, though I've had more good bags than bad bags with Ipsy, so I'll let this month slide. :-/ 

edit: I kind of assumed the Hang Ten was a self-tanning product, I only just noticed that it's a go-sit-in-the-sun-and-tan-yourself tanner. They might as well include lighters in the next bag, for anyone who wants to smoke. :-/ I was reading some of the earlier comments about some of who you have loved ones with skin cancer (I myself knew someone who lost her battle against melanoma) and it bugs me that they'd send a product like that -- and they were so good about sending out sunscreen a couple of months ago! Maybe we could write to Ipsy or something and ask them not to include products like that in future bags.

spadersgirl

You could try writing but I don't think it will help considering they are using the measly 8 spf as justification. "Our stylists think that sunscreen is very important for maintaining healthy skin this summer, so everyone got one of two sunscreen products, each with a different level of protection. We wanted to send out a different type of sunscreen than what’s been in previous Glam Bags, and the Hang Ten Oil is our first oil-based sunscreen product. It’s has a great moisturizing element, and everyone can benefit from the vitamins, antioxidants, and exotic plant extracts in the formula!"

heatherbee

Do you work for Ipsy?? :smileywink:  haha, or we just know their typical response already!

spadersgirl

(0) Hearts

Hahaha no I just copy and pasted from facebook one of their many responses to people who wrote that they couldn't use the tanning oil.

dolceloure

(0) Hearts

Shouldn't there be an spf minimum for a product to qualify as sunscreen? Some of my foundations have a higher spf but I don't think anyone would count them as good suncare products. *eye roll in Ipy's direction*

heatherbee

I think SPF 15 is the typically minimum recommended, but I don't know of any official "It must include this much" qualification.  I got almost the same bag, and I couldn't be more bummed about the stuff I'm getting. Tanning oil? Is there something wrong with my skin color, Ipsy??  I'm just hoping that the BB eyeshadow is more exciting than it looks.  I'm sure everyone wishes they got the powder, though.  Here's hoping next month is better!

Zpsid91

(0) Hearts

Has anyone traded through the Ipsy trade site? I'm wondering if I could trade some of my stuff that way - if not, it will go to friends or a TBB most likely

malday

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Untitled.jpg

Well, the tanning oil and moisturizer are going to others. I don't trust any skin care ipsy has sent and I definitely DO NOT need oil to tan, my Mexican and Native American blood makes sure I'm always brown already.

almostyou

I got the exact same bag as you. I'm pretty irritated about the tanning oil. My Mexican and Native American blood don't make sure I'm always brown (though I do turn brown quickly if I let the sun touch my skin), but with the amount of cancer in my family, I'd rather stay pale. I'm feeling kinda meh about everything else.

meagboho

(0) Hearts

What the heck. I didn't get a single thing I was interested in, more nail polish (I've never heard of) which I specifically said I never wanted in my survey, and the 5-1 cream shadow. Other than bareminerals I haven't heard of any the brands I am getting. 

MK89

image.jpgThe tanning oil is for sure going in a TSB. A little sad I didn't get the purple eyeshadow, purple is my thing! :smileywink:

notcreative

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

We both got the cream, bummer.  I am negotiating a trade that may still get me a powder duo for a different item, so I guess I will try the cream shadow after all.

SydneySydney

(0) Hearts

Ditto! Same box. I had wanted the purple eyeshadow too! I love bareMineral's shadows :smileysad: they feel so silky. And I hope that bronzer picture isn't lying and I'll end up getting something that looks like I was attacked by an orange marker. The one thing I'm excited about is the beach spray.

Zpsid91

I got the exact same box! I'm not super excited about the tanning oil and I'm so-so about the 5 in1 BB Cream Eyeshadow, but I'll give it a try :smileyhappy: Same with the Hair spray stuff

StyleLynn

The glam rooms have been updated! 

Here's what I'm getting:

image.jpg

meagboho

(0) Hearts

Interested in trading the duo for the 5-1? Lol

StyleLynn

I'm in Canada so it would most likely be more cost efficient for me to just buy the 5 in 1 :smileysad: Also, I apologize for the delay in getting back to you, I was away for the weekend.

meagboho

no worries! Hope you had a fun weekend

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 82 replies
  • 74 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • malday
    • taketheroses
    • lylysa