ShinyMagpie

Ipsy? Birchbox? Glossybox?

I'm thinking of subscribing to at least Ipsy and possibly Birchbox.

Anybody have any preferences, likes/dislikes, recommendations?

Are there others?

Thanks. :smileyhappy:

shortstuff07

Re: Ipsy? Birchbox? Glossybox?

I had all three, and I've cancelled them all.  They really weren't offering brands I was consistently interested in, and I'd rather put the money to full size products in colors/brands I think will actually work for me!

properandlovely

(0) Hearts

I want to try the New Beauty test tube but it costs $29 I believe PLUS another $10 for shipping. But they do send you great full sized products (well from what I've seen on youtube)

txmommyofboys

I always do "unboxing" videos on YouTube of my Ipsy bag, so you can  see what I got every month. I actually REALLY like Ipsy! And it is only $10 a month! I also just started getting the wantable box, so there is a video on that for November as well. My youtube name is txmommyofboys :smileyvery-happy:

ShinyMagpie

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I looked you up. The Ipsy bag looked great. The Wantables looked good too but I don't know if I can justify the $36 a month. I will follow your unboxings for the next few months and make a decision then on that one. 

BTW I love your accent! :smileyhappy:

ShinyMagpie

I received my first Julep box today. I'm really happy with it. They give you the option to add on some extra items at 50% off each month and I did that. 

I got my first Sample Society box last week and I'm also happy with that. Still on the waitlist for Ipsy and it won't let me connect with my Facebook to skip the waitlist for some reason. I'm also on the waitlist for Birchbox for men for my husband. 

kittichick

oh, you MUST post what you think of Birchbox Men! I've been thinking of getting that for my boyfriend. He seems to have really enjoyed the samples I've found for him so far.

ShinyMagpie

I just got off the waitlist yesterday and signed him up so hopefully should be receiving it soon. He's kind of a soap and water guy but I think he would use more products if he knew what to do with them so it will be fun going through the box with him. Once we get the first one I'll snap a pick and post it. :smileyhappy:

kittichick

Awesome! :smileyhappy:

thesupergirl

Aww that's no fun! Hope you get off the waitlist soon!

Candy357

Anybody done Julep?

thesupergirl

I get julep I like it lately I have been upgrading lol 

amberangeline

(0) Hearts

I have both Ipsy and Birchbox and definitely feel like I get more of my money's worth with Ipsy. Not only do you get bigger samples of things (some even full size), you get a cute little reusable bag every month!

SugaredMagnolia

I was with Ipsy for a while, but when I googled the items, they were usually things you could pick up at Walgreens. 

The whole point of the sample, to me, is to give you a little bit of something expensive to help you decide if you want to buy the item. Giving me a sample of a $3 item and making me pay for it doesn't really excite me.

LKuhle

That's how I feel. You get larger products, but that's because they're cheap... while Birchbox you might get smaller ones, but they're higher quality brands.

txmommyofboys

I always do ipsy unboxing on my youtube (username is txmommyofboys) and this month I did the wantable box! Check it out to see what all I got!

cpeezy

I love your unboxing videos! You are too cute! might have to get ipsy, thank you

sugarluvv

I used to be subscribed to birchbox and ipsy but now i know how bad it gets for bb, so im sticking with ipsy. 

bambina2011

I used to subscribe to Birchbox but cancelled and switched to Ipsy. Birchbox sent me lot of skincare and foil samples but Im more interested in makeup. I've been happy with Ipsy. The only thing I miss about Birchbox is their point system. You get points for every product from your box that you review and in the past I was able to get full size products using the points!

DTalksAll

Check out Beautybar's Allure Sample Society! I haven't been impressed with Ipsy lately, and will probably cancel soon. 

LKuhle

I love Sample Society!

shinybananas

(0) Hearts

I really really like Sample Society.  It's pretty high end stuff, and I've found some total gems through the service.  Plus you get $15 off a $50 order as long as you order one of the brands featured.  I think that's a great deal.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 52 replies
  • 68 hearts
  • 30 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • chupi
    • lilyyy
    • roxystar4
    • bambina2011
    • nikicole